PDA

View Full Version : Aaron Ross' Season

TheAussieGiant
02-09-2012, 06:42 AM
Unfortunately I didn't get to see nearly as many games as I would've liked to this year with my timezone/work schedule/games aired. Thankfully I was able to see the last few wins of the season and the playoff run.

From what I saw Ross played out of his skin. Not a stud, but the difference from this year to the previous two has looked astounding.

Much tighter in coverage than he had been producing and loved him being aggressive in run defense again, brought back memories of him nailing Marion Barber in the backfield.

Has Ross redeemed himself? Or am I just victim to only seeing his good games/good plays?

NYG4ME
02-09-2012, 06:45 AM
Ross played well, his days with the Giants though are over.. I have a hard time believing they re-sign him. I think they sign TT before they signed him. IMO.

But yes, I was happy with his play throughout the playoffs. He played well.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 08:19 AM
Looking at it from the grand scheme of the league, Ross didn't have a very good season.

Looking at what the Giants needed at the time, he was instrumental.

I still don't think the market is strong for him. He may be resigned. It can only help as Prince should be expected to still go through some growing pains next season.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 09:18 AM
He had a solid season. Hopefully he will not want a ton of money and we can get him resigned.

jaygoon
02-09-2012, 09:26 AM
I've disliked Ross all season. he is the corner that good QB's picked on.

IMO, out of the 22 starters on offense and defense, he was our 22nd best player (or the worst lol)

Moss#83
02-09-2012, 09:39 AM
He used to get picked on earlier this season but I think it had to do with the schemes. He improved once the defense improved and I also believe it has to do with him studying tape during the week.

AllTuckedUp
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
Finished the season strong. Wasn't too good in the beginning though. If we can re-sign him for a good price then we will. If not, oh well. Prince will be at full health next season.

Mercury
02-09-2012, 09:42 AM
I've disliked Ross all season. he is the corner that good QB's picked on.

IMO, out of the 22 starters on offense and defense, he was our 22nd best player (or the worst lol)

Ross played a lot better than he has before and a lot better than I thought he would. You seem to miss the fact that he was covering well. Webster was shutting down his guy, so of course, you throw to the guy Ross is covering more. Even so, there were many times when no one was open. Rogers was running for his life in the playoffs, not because our DL was so good, but because Ross (along with others) was so good.

G-Man67
02-09-2012, 09:52 AM
he was invaluable, he was the CB that was always targetted and for the most part and at the most critical times, he held up .... very impressive

and if he has played his last game as a Giant, then good luck to him ... he certainly helped us in his time with the team

Kruunch
02-09-2012, 10:16 AM
Unfortunately I didn't get to see nearly as many games as I would've liked to this year with my timezone/work schedule/games aired. Thankfully I was able to see the last few wins of the season and the playoff run.

From what I saw Ross played out of his skin. Not a stud, but the difference from this year to the previous two has looked astounding.

Much tighter in coverage than he had been producing and loved him being aggressive in run defense again, brought back memories of him nailing Marion Barber in the backfield.

Has Ross redeemed himself? Or am I just victim to only seeing his good games/good plays?

You must have caught his better games.

Ross had a real up and down season ... a lot of bang or bust. He's virtually useless in man coverage (gets beat by everyone under the son) but plays a simple zone pretty well.

I doubt you'll see him in a Giants uniform agian. Although he hasn't had a great run with the Giants, this SB will be enough for a desperate team to throw a contract at him given the premium on Corners now in the NFL.

KATKAVAGE75
02-09-2012, 10:18 AM
Ross played very well for the Giants this year. He will be back. As the Giants always carry 4 CBs &amp; 4 Safeties.</P>

Webster, Thomas, Amukamara, &amp; Ross. Reese will get the deal done. Note: Ross can play slot CB, safety in a pinch, &amp; can field punts.</P>

He played in all 20 games this year. He has redeemed himself IMHO.</P>

Kase-1
02-09-2012, 11:10 AM
Ross had a great run in the playoffs, but he def had a sub par season. We all had hoped he would be a 1st round talent, but he's produced along the lines of a middle of the pack draft pick.

If we could keep him for cheap I would, since all we have at CB is Webby and Prince. I can see him signing for elsewhere and getting a nice fat check