PDA

View Full Version : NO MORE FOOTBALL - COLD TURKEY

jazzman
02-09-2012, 10:20 AM
For the first time in weeks Giants not all over the newspaper, nothing mentioned on the news programs, no one talking football.
Just long, cold winter just like that.

lnp12
02-09-2012, 10:42 AM
For the first time in weeks Giants not all over the newspaper, nothing mentioned on the news programs, no one talking football.
Just long, cold winter just like that. it sucks....

bansaw
02-09-2012, 10:44 AM
I hate this new Probowl setup. Need to see our guys out there livin the dream again

maybe forget the game and just do skills contests...just one of the downsides to playing in the Superbowl I guess

HAHA WOOOOOOO

jhamburg
02-09-2012, 10:50 AM
Shorter wait for the draft than usual though.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 10:52 AM
Agreed...

bansaw
02-09-2012, 10:54 AM
we'll be back to the We Won Inspite of Gilbride threads in no time

Bohemian
02-09-2012, 10:56 AM
I would not be so sure. NFL Network is going crazy with the Eli stuff... so they are filling their time by debating the irrelevant HOF question. Plus, the combine is also on in a couple of weeks, so people are already youtube scouting to participate in those irrelevant debates. It's only over if one wants it to be over.

I know that at my household, we have shifted into NBA mode, awaiting MLB season.

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-09-2012, 11:07 AM
OMG!!!! I am sooooo bored!! I already miss my pre-game rituals, the non-stop trolls to fill my day, and getting the week long jitters that accompany that next fix of Giants football. What am I gonna do now? I need counselling!

miked1958
02-09-2012, 11:08 AM
Just long, cold winter just like that.
Horrible

bansaw
02-09-2012, 11:11 AM
you guys are getting too worked up

I see its your first ring on here, well I got two, it will all be okay guys, enjoy the win

G-Man67
02-09-2012, 11:15 AM
well, we can milk the Super Bowl Championship talk thru Feb., then March will be some down time, but the Rangers and Devils are doing well and what's with this Jeremy Linn kid for the Knicks

then April is draft month, yes not until the 26th, but you'll have some pre-draft fun

great thing is anytime, anything football is talked about until September ... there will be some Giants angle to it

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-09-2012, 11:20 AM

I see its your first ring on here, well I got two, it will all be okay guys, enjoy the win
This sir is my 4th ring. I started watching the NY Giants back in 84 when my uncle turned me onto them. I was 12 at the time and played football. My father wasnt into sports but my uncle was die-hard Gmen fan...and I have been ever since. Football runs through my veins as I have also coached 10 seasons of pee-wee and Pop Warner. It is actually a worse feeling than when I take down the Christmas Lights LOL. Football is definetly an addiction with no way to get rid of the withdrawl. It just helps that we ended this year on a HIGH!

r1000
02-09-2012, 11:24 AM
tell me about it....

seems like the the coverage completely stopped...

I dislike baseball with a passion.. i will never get into that sport.

I have been trying to get "back" into the NBA (Knicks) again, I was a huge NBA fan back in highschool as a Knicks fan, epic games during the mid to late 90's with Jordan still around and Reggie Miller, and with the Knicks, Ewing, Starks, Charles Oakley etc.

But right now the NBA/Knichs are drawing me in

kodijake
02-09-2012, 11:30 AM
This is why I used to watch the Probowl. Before they moved it to the bi week before the Dance, it had a purpose. Yeah it's lousy, uninspired football, that bears little resemblance to the game we love, but it was the perfect way to wean off football following the biggest game of the year. It was like a nicotine patch, not the same thing as smoking, but it helped you quit without going cold turkey. Now there's nothing until training camp!

Pakman
02-09-2012, 11:33 AM
FA starts in almost 20 days!

RonJon
02-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Pitchers and catchers in 10 days!!!!!!!

barran21
02-09-2012, 11:43 AM
Arena football will be back in March :(

bansaw
02-09-2012, 11:44 AM

This sir is my 4th ring. I started watching the NY Giants back in 84 when my uncle turned me onto them. I was 12 at the time and played football. My father wasnt into sports but my uncle was die-hard Gmen fan...and I have been ever since. Football runs through my veins as I have also coached 10 seasons of pee-wee and Pop Warner. It is actually a worse feeling than when I take down the Christmas Lights LOL. Football is definetly an addiction with no way to get rid of the withdrawl. It just helps that we ended this year on a HIGH!1st on the message boards

I've bled Blue since 85, but I was pulling a Message Board Tuck on ya is all

gmenblue8890
02-09-2012, 11:50 AM
I will begin searching and reading about the combine/draft, but for me it's full time college basketball season now. I love feb/march basketball but I really dislike the NBA.

Bing Crosby
02-09-2012, 11:52 AM
Arena football will be back in March :(

I admit... I'll watch it... I know I'm ashamed myself..

Brandon jacobs
02-09-2012, 11:59 AM
This is my 3rd SB ring. (taps hands on table, bored as hell)

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-09-2012, 12:04 PM

This sir is my 4th ring. I started watching the NY Giants back in 84 when my uncle turned me onto them. I was 12 at the time and played football. My father wasnt into sports but my uncle was die-hard Gmen fan...and I have been ever since. Football runs through my veins as I have also coached 10 seasons of pee-wee and Pop Warner. It is actually a worse feeling than when I take down the Christmas Lights LOL. Football is definetly an addiction with no way to get rid of the withdrawl. It just helps that we ended this year on a HIGH!1st on the message boards

I've bled Blue since 85, but I was pulling a Message Board Tuck on ya is all
Nicely done. I watched these boards but didnt sign up for years, then when i did a few years ago, something happened to my acct(dont know what) but I lost my original join date and post count. Doesnt really matter though, as I am back on.

dutchnyg
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
I got a bunch of our good games on my cpu + the entire playoff run.. that'll hold me over for a while

Coach Carter
02-09-2012, 12:50 PM
we'll be back to the We Won Inspite of Gilbride threads in no time

Lol, you know how I am.

Actually, I am done criticizing Gilbride, dude, called some excellent games and Eli is better than Warren Moon which allows the run-and-shoot to work well in NY.

BillTheGreek
02-09-2012, 01:10 PM
it's going to be a Boring summer with no Giant Football , I hope I can last the summer ! OKAY GIANTS We have to get ready for the Play offs, get ready for Summer camp.. we have a tough season ahead of us..........L@@k at the shape Steve Weatherford in , he looks like he's Ready.

MONDAY: 60-yard uphill sprint; 10 reps at full recovery
TUESDAY: 40-yard sand sprint on beach; 10 reps at full recovery
WEDNESDAY: Off or active recovery (surfi ng or swimming)
THURSDAY: 30- to 40-yard sled sprint; 10 reps at full recovery
FRIDAY: 2-mile run

Weight Training Split
MONDAY: Lower Body A
TUESDAY: Upper Body A
WEDNESDAY: Active Recovery
THURSDAY: Lower Body B
FRIDAY: Upper Body B
SATURDAY: Active Recovery
SUNDAY: Off

http://www.mensfitness.com/leisure/sports/steve-weatherford-trains-for-the-super-bowl?page=2

http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/punter-power-steve-weatherford-football-workout.html