PDA

View Full Version : Manning makes better choice on Matthews pick6

miked1958
12-04-2011, 11:36 PM
We are having alot of very different threads in here tonight. Take those 7 away and it a different outcome

FlyingTruck
12-04-2011, 11:36 PM
If the Giants D didn't suck we would be having a lot of very different thread in here tonight.

Overdrive92
12-04-2011, 11:37 PM
It wasn't so much Manning's choice. He didn't see Matthews at all. I think it was Ballard that was blocking his view, and he had no idea Matthews was there.

miked1958
12-04-2011, 11:49 PM
Yes but he did what he does alot of the time. He had pressure on him and rushed to get a throw off to sidelines. Bad things happen when he does that... Throw it away or take the sack

jax5338
12-04-2011, 11:59 PM
here we go with the "if" threads. jeez he obviously didnt see matthews. accept it and move on. rodgers made a similar mistake. **** happens. what "if" our defense was able to stop a team from going like 80 yards in 50 seconds?

Zaggs
12-05-2011, 12:03 AM
Of course if Bradshaw had tried to make a play on the ball, Matthews wouldn't have intercepted it. Just sayin.

repeatchamps
12-05-2011, 12:07 AM
This is absurd. Rogers threw a pick that set up an easy BJ TD, if that play doesn't happen it's a much different outcome too. Eli did everything he could, blame the defense and Fewell's scheme for this loss. Too many times Rogers had no pressure. If you want to complain about the offense, the only thing you could gripe about is the fact that the Giants didn't run the ball enough. They were gashing them with it and more runs would mean more time of possession and less time for Rogers to run his offense.

T-Murda84
12-05-2011, 12:18 AM
This is absurd. Rogers threw a pick that set up an easy BJ TD, if that play doesn't happen it's a much different outcome too. Eli did everything he could, blame the defense and Fewell's scheme for this loss. Too many times Rogers had no pressure. If you want to complain about the offense, the only thing you could gripe about is the fact that the Giants didn't run the ball enough. They were gashing them with it and more runs would mean more time of possession and less time for Rogers to run his offense.

I DISAGREE...THERE WAS TON OF PRESSURE ON RODGERS. RODGERS is just more accurate than Eli and able to buy some time against the blitz. Rodgers had Justin Tuck come clean in this face when he got that pass to Jordy Nelson...While in that same situation, Eli would of fumbled or threw a ball up for grabs. Eli did it countless times....we were lucky the Packers didnt come up with more Picks! Packers defense was also missing their leaders.....Aj Hawk and Bishop.

repeatchamps
12-05-2011, 12:22 AM
This is absurd. Rogers threw a pick that set up an easy BJ TD, if that play doesn't happen it's a much different outcome too. Eli did everything he could, blame the defense and Fewell's scheme for this loss. Too many times Rogers had no pressure. If you want to complain about the offense, the only thing you could gripe about is the fact that the Giants didn't run the ball enough. They were gashing them with it and more runs would mean more time of possession and less time for Rogers to run his offense. I DISAGREE...THERE WAS TON OF PRESSURE ON RODGERS. RODGERS is just more accurate than Eli and able to buy some time against the blitz. Rodgers had Justin Tuck come clean in this face when he got that pass to Jordy Nelson...While in that same situation, Eli would of fumbled or threw a ball up for grabs. Eli did it countless times....we were lucky the Packers didnt come up with more Picks! Packers defense was also missing their leaders.....Aj Hawk and Bishop.</P>

There was not onepass other than the Matthews Pick thrown by Eli (that is offest by Rodgers' pick that setup BJ's TD)that could have beenpicked not one. I don't disagree that more pressure was in Rodgers face and more press man was played than recent gamesbut there were other times where Rodgers had way too much time. Driver's 2nd TD Rodgers had all day long in a goal to go situation, no coverage can hold up that long. Critical goal to go situations must feature pressure, sending three in those spots is begging for trouble.</P>

Zaggs
12-05-2011, 12:22 AM

I DISAGREE...THERE WAS TON OF PRESSURE ON RODGERS. RODGERS is just more accurate than Eli and able to buy some time against the blitz. Rodgers had Justin Tuck come clean in this face when he got that pass to Jordy Nelson...While in that same situation, Eli would of fumbled or threw a ball up for grabs. Eli did it countless times....we were lucky the Packers didnt come up with more Picks! Packers defense was also missing their leaders.....Aj Hawk and Bishop.

Huh? Hawk may be a good tackler, but thats about it. Oh and Eli pretty much matched Rodgers number for number. So if Eli sucks, then so much Rodgers.

BurnerNYG
12-05-2011, 12:30 AM
here we go with the "if" threads. jeez he obviously didnt see matthews. accept it and move on. rodgers made a similar mistake. **** happens. what "if" our defense was able to stop a team from going like 80 yards in 50 seconds?Why do you get so tight when somebody criticizes Eli? We all love Eli but I think some of you are just in plain lust with him. That pick 6 and fumble (although the fumble was somewhat unavoidable) was detrimental to our chances of winning the game. He's having a great season but some of us actually like to win and gets highly frustrated when we lose 4 straight.

bashful
12-05-2011, 12:31 AM
That INT did not cost us the game. How do you factor in Roger;s int or yea that doesn't count - get real each QB through an int.
Perry Fool's defensive adjustment when needed cost us as did Kildrives poor play calling on the 3 and our from the 15 giving the packers great field position and a score. Then Eli had to try and bail is ineptness out.

Zaggs
12-05-2011, 12:33 AM
here we go with the "if" threads. jeez he obviously didnt see matthews. accept it and move on. rodgers made a similar mistake. **** happens. what "if" our defense was able to stop a team from going like 80 yards in 50 seconds?Why do you get so tight when somebody criticizes Eli? We all love Eli but I think some of you are just in plain lust with him. That pick 6 and fumble (although the fumble was somewhat unavoidable) was detrimental to our chances of winning the game. He's having a great season but some of us actually like to win and gets highly frustrated when we lose 4 straight.

Why is it people expect Eli to be perfect, yet every other team has a QB that can screw up, and they still not lose? Their teams cover. Yet no matter when Eli throws a pick, its always his fault the Giants lose. Rodgers's pick should have been just as detrimental to the Packer's winning. Yet it wasn't. Is that on Eli as well? Eli's and Aaron's stat lines were pretty much the same and their INT's were a draw. So how was Eli more detrimental that Aaron?

BurnerNYG
12-05-2011, 12:34 AM
This is absurd. Rogers threw a pick that set up an easy BJ TD, if that play doesn't happen it's a much different outcome too. Eli did everything he could, blame the defense and Fewell's scheme for this loss. Too many times Rogers had no pressure. If you want to complain about the offense, the only thing you could gripe about is the fact that the Giants didn't run the ball enough. They were gashing them with it and more runs would mean more time of possession and less time for Rogers to run his offense.I agree. Our offensive line was opening up nice holes for Bradshaw and Jacobs today. We should've definitely ran the ball more.

BurnerNYG
12-05-2011, 12:37 AM

Why is it people expect Eli to be perfect, yet every other team has a QB that can screw up, and they still not lose?* Their teams cover.* Yet no matter when Eli throws a pick, its always his fault the Giants lose.* Rodgers's pick should have been just as detrimental to the Packer's winning.* Yet it wasn't.* Is that on Eli as well?* Eli's and Aaron's stat lines were pretty much the same and their INT's were a draw.* So how was Eli more detrimental that Aaron?
Not so bad that he threw a pick... it was bad that it went for six.

Strife21
12-05-2011, 12:49 AM
We are having alot of very different threads in here tonight. Take those 7 away and it a different outcome

This thread is stupid... how about this genius:

Take Manning away and we wouldn't even have been close to scoring 30+ points. He kept us in the game all day, the D was pathetic as usual, they can't stop a 3rd down conversion for their lives.

Fewell rushes 3 and drops everyone back in coverage with 50 seconds left in the game and numerous other times. We didn't put enough pressure on the QB at all. And we can't cover anyone.

Take the crappy D out of the equation and we win.

NWKEffectElement
12-05-2011, 12:51 AM
It wasn't so much Manning's choice. He didn't see Matthews at all. I think it was Ballard that was blocking his view, and he had no idea Matthews was there.

It was a bad decision to throw that ball to the flats that late. It was a max protect (loaded) I-form two man route with the checkdown option. Bad play selection because of the long development routes, but it should take that long to check it down. I saw that pick coming a mile away. Eli makes mistakes people he is human.

barran21
12-05-2011, 12:52 AM
Int didn't cost us the game, the INT on Rodgers=Eli int because we got the points from that Int, stupid playing calling cost us, leaving Blackmon out there alone sheeeesh...

Strife21
12-05-2011, 12:52 AM
I don't usually post either, I just read but I had to call you out on this one, cause you obviously have no clue what your talking about.

I was at the game and Manning threw some amazing passes today and it clearly was not his fault the Giants lost.

P.S. I criticize Manning when he does wrong, but it's really hard to knock the guy for his performance today. There's really no validation to it. You probably should go watch basketball.

BurnerNYG
12-05-2011, 12:58 AM
Ok Eli can do no wrong... I get it. Might be time for me to stop posting on these boards for awhile. Basketball season is about to start anyway.

jax5338
12-05-2011, 01:41 AM
Ok Eli can do no wrong... I get it. Might be time for me to stop posting on these boards for awhile. Basketball season is about to start anyway.

omg promise? cam newton 2012 son!

jax5338
12-05-2011, 01:49 AM

some of us realize that because of eli we actually had a shot in this game.

people who hate him (like you mr. i love mobile QBs who throw more INTs than TDs and teams suck but it's cool because damn those boys can run) try to put any one bad play by eli as the turning point of the game. do you realize the giants got those pts back as soon as rodgers threw that pick that also ended up being a TD? nope.

eli drove the team down and got the tying TD and 2 pt conversion and left a measly 58 seconds on the clock. packers had one timeout and needed like 65 yards and the defense gave it up in 3 plays? and we go back to ELI's pick in the 2nd quarter? get lost.

im well aware i defend eli alot. honestly, he doesnt deserve the bull****. he, jpp and maybe cruz are the only guys i see giving a supreme effort game in and game out all year. he's our best and most important player, and he did what it took to win this game.period.

Coach Carter
12-05-2011, 05:55 AM

Slow down with your ignorance, boy!

tonyt830
12-05-2011, 06:53 AM
We are having alot of very different threads in here tonight. Take those 7 away and it a different outcomewell then you had the blown coverage on Driver's first TD in the 2nd quarter to make it 21-17 and then Driver going out of bounds before catching the last Green Bay TD to make it 35-27. I know the refs did not have enough to overrule the call on the filed, but I still say that Driver's foot partially touched the back line before catching the ball.

But hey thats in the past now---it is what it is.

barran21
12-05-2011, 12:12 PM

Are you really leaving? awesome, take Harooni with ya...

jax5338
12-05-2011, 03:20 PM

Slow down with your ignorance, boy!

another newton fan? oh no, youre just that guy who still thinks that the giants strengths are its running game and defense and that the giants should run the ball every down. talk about ignorance.

burier
12-05-2011, 03:27 PM
you don't know what would have happened if Eli didnt throw that int so...

Main thing is our Defense is garbage.

Drez
12-05-2011, 03:32 PM
This is absurd. Rogers threw a pick that set up an easy BJ TD, if that play doesn't happen it's a much different outcome too. Eli did everything he could, blame the defense and Fewell's scheme for this loss. Too many times Rogers had no pressure. If you want to complain about the offense, the only thing you could gripe about is the fact that the Giants didn't run the ball enough. They were gashing them with it and more runs would mean more time of possession and less time for Rogers to run his offense. I DISAGREE...THERE WAS TON OF PRESSURE ON RODGERS. RODGERS is just more accurate than Eli and able to buy some time against the blitz. Rodgers had Justin Tuck come clean in this face when he got that pass to Jordy Nelson...While in that same situation, Eli would of fumbled or threw a ball up for grabs. Eli did it countless times....we were lucky the Packers didnt come up with more Picks! Packers defense was also missing their leaders.....Aj Hawk and Bishop.

Huh? Hawk may be a good tackler, but thats about it. Oh and Eli pretty much matched Rodgers number for number. So if Eli sucks, then so much Rodgers.
</P>

And we're not missing guys on defense?</P>

T-Murda is clueless.</P>

Drez
12-05-2011, 03:32 PM
This is absurd. Rogers threw a pick that set up an easy BJ TD, if that play doesn't happen it's a much different outcome too. Eli did everything he could, blame the defense and Fewell's scheme for this loss. Too many times Rogers had no pressure. If you want to complain about the offense, the only thing you could gripe about is the fact that the Giants didn't run the ball enough. They were gashing them with it and more runs would mean more time of possession and less time for Rogers to run his offense. I DISAGREE...THERE WAS TON OF PRESSURE ON RODGERS. RODGERS is just more accurate than Eli and able to buy some time against the blitz. Rodgers had Justin Tuck come clean in this face when he got that pass to Jordy Nelson...While in that same situation, Eli would of fumbled or threw a ball up for grabs. Eli did it countless times....we were lucky the Packers didnt come up with more Picks! Packers defense was also missing their leaders.....Aj Hawk and Bishop.

</P>

And we're not missing guys on defense?</P>

T-Murda is clueless.</P>

Drez
12-05-2011, 03:40 PM
here we go with the "if" threads. jeez he obviously didnt see matthews. accept it and move on. rodgers made a similar mistake. **** happens. what "if" our defense was able to stop a team from going like 80 yards in 50 seconds?Why do you get so tight when somebody criticizes Eli? We all love Eli but I think some of you are just in plain lust with him. That pick 6 and fumble (although the fumble was somewhat unavoidable) was detrimental to our chances of winning the game. He's having a great season but some of us actually like to win and gets highly frustrated when we lose 4 straight. some of us realize that because of eli we actually had a shot in this game. people who hate him (like you mr. i love mobile QBs who throw more INTs than TDs and teams suck but it's cool because damn those boys can run) try to put any one bad play by eli as the turning point of the game. do you realize the giants got those pts back as soon as rodgers threw that pick that also ended up being a TD? nope. eli drove the team down and got the tying TD and 2 pt conversion and left a measly 58 seconds on the clock. packers had one timeout and needed like 65 yards and the defense gave it up in 3 plays? and we go back to ELI's pick in the 2nd quarter? get lost. im well aware i defend eli alot. honestly, he doesnt deserve the bull****. he, jpp and maybe cruz are the only guys i see giving a supreme effort game in and game out all year. he's our best and most important player, and he did what it took to win this game.period.</P>

Dude, the Packers got in FG range in 2 plays and 14 seconds. They went from their own 20 to our 29. Screw that 3 plays noise, lol.</P>

2 plays. 51 yards. 14 seconds. </P>

jax5338
12-05-2011, 03:55 PM
here we go with the "if" threads. jeez he obviously didnt see matthews. accept it and move on. rodgers made a similar mistake. **** happens. what "if" our defense was able to stop a team from going like 80 yards in 50 seconds?Why do you get so tight when somebody criticizes Eli? We all love Eli but I think some of you are just in plain lust with him. That pick 6 and fumble (although the fumble was somewhat unavoidable) was detrimental to our chances of winning the game. He's having a great season but some of us actually like to win and gets highly frustrated when we lose 4 straight. some of us realize that because of eli we actually had a shot in this game. people who hate him (like you mr. i love mobile QBs who throw more INTs than TDs and teams suck but it's cool because damn those boys can run) try to put any one bad play by eli as the turning point of the game. do you realize the giants got those pts back as soon as rodgers threw that pick that also ended up being a TD? nope. eli drove the team down and got the tying TD and 2 pt conversion and left a measly 58 seconds on the clock. packers had one timeout and needed like 65 yards and the defense gave it up in 3 plays? and we go back to ELI's pick in the 2nd quarter? get lost. im well aware i defend eli alot. honestly, he doesnt deserve the bull****. he, jpp and maybe cruz are the only guys i see giving a supreme effort game in and game out all year. he's our best and most important player, and he did what it took to win this game.period.</P>

Dude, the Packers got in FG range in 2 plays and 14 seconds. They went from their own 20 to our 29. Screw that 3 plays noise, lol.</P>

2 plays. 51 yards. 14 seconds. </P>

dont remind me lol.

bashful
12-05-2011, 09:31 PM

What f in eli were you watching. troll