Osi Umenyiora
Round 6

DT
Chris Canty
Linval Joseph
Marvin Austin
Dwayne Hendricks

ILB
Chase Blackburn (re-sign) or Jonathan Goff (re-sign)
Greg Jones
Round 3
Mark Herzlich

OLB
Michael Boley
Mathias Kiwanuka
Jacquian Williams

CB
Corey Webster
Terrell Thomas (re-sign)
Prince Amukamara
Brian Witherspoon
Will Blackmon (re-sign)

S
Kenny Phillips
Antrel Rolle
Tyler Sash
Chad Jones
Derrick Martin (re-sign)

K/P/LS
Lawrence Tynes
Steve Weatherford (re-sign)
Zak DeOssie

GiantInNorway
02-09-2012, 11:53 AM
Great job with this! Ye, I really wanna see what Ramses Barden can do.

I dont disagree with any of your picks.

I know everyone hates Plaxico Burress, but I would really love getting him back. I'm not afraid to admit it. He never disrespected the Giants really. If you've watched Jets games, he still has the swagger and sticky fingers. I would love him running go routes for us.

But Im sure alot of you disagree. I still love that guy though.

G-Man67
02-09-2012, 12:06 PM
i just did the math, you are $1MM over the cap ... JK ... for an impossible task, this isn't really that crazy

Bohemian
02-09-2012, 12:13 PM
Great job with this! Ye, I really wanna see what Ramses Barden can do.

I dont disagree with any of your picks.

I know everyone hates Plaxico Burress, but I would really love getting him back. I'm not afraid to admit it. He never disrespected the Giants really. If you've watched Jets games, he still has the swagger and sticky fingers. I would love him running go routes for us.

But Im sure alot of you disagree. I still love that guy though.

I also like Plax, but my issue has more to do with his age and durability than anything else. We can definitely get a top free-agent at the position, and there will be some good ones available. The thought of having Eli as their potential QB has to appeal to most.

About the roster posted. If it is true that we are not getting Jacobs back, then I could not see how we could wait that long to draft a RB. This year's RB class does not seem to be the deepest compared to prior years.

I would certainly like to see an upgrade at the OT and MLB positions. Our OTs worried me the whole year, and it was amazing how players covered for Goff this year... something that could have been disastrous.

It is also clear that if Osi is not signed, then either Kiwi gets in there, or get a veteran. I just don't see a need to draft at the position... unless the 'Prince Amukamara' scenario happens again, where we have a top prospect fall to our spot... but at the 32nd pick, I it more than unlikely.... although that is how we got Kenny Phillips.

Good topic, and Go Blue!

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 12:25 PM
I'd take every CB that was IRed and cut this season before Will Blackmon.

Pa1jintfan
02-09-2012, 12:28 PM
Where's tolly. I would love to retain him, endless motor,

bubblesmcgee
02-09-2012, 12:37 PM

Agreed. Tollefson needs to be back

charles355
02-09-2012, 12:58 PM
he was my last cut... would love him back to... hope he will

Bohemian
02-09-2012, 12:59 PM

Agreed. Tollefson needs to be back

Do we know if Osi still wants to leave? As much as it would be a shame to see him go, he could be great for a getting a draft pick or two. That would also mean finding a bigger role for Tollefson.

I am definitely intrigued about he Osi situation. Cap room seems to be a huge issue going into next year. Osi has certainly redeemed himself in my eyes, but the bussiness of it all seems to be manifesting itself once again. It will be a situation worth keeping one's eyes on.

TheEnigma
02-09-2012, 01:04 PM
Call me crazy but with Ballard tearing his ACL, TE is going to be a huge need in this offseason. Bear Pascoe is in no way a starting TE and honestly, either was Ballard. He kind of benefited from having one of the best receiving trios in the league on his team.

Just like in 08 when we needed a safety, we drafted KP and just like in 09 when we needed a receiver, we drafted Nicks...the #32 overall selection will be either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener.

Then again, I never get draft selections right ;/

Bohemian
02-09-2012, 01:12 PM
Call me crazy but with Ballard tearing his ACL, TE is going to be a huge need in this offseason. Bear Pascoe is in no way a starting TE and honestly, either was Ballard. He kind of benefited from having one of the best receiving trios in the league on his team.

Just like in 08 when we needed a safety, we drafted KP and just like in 09 when we needed a receiver, we drafted Nicks...the #32 overall selection will be either Dwayne Allen or Coby Fleener.

I hear you. I never thought that we would have gotten KP at 32 in 09', and then Prince in the last draft. That was crazy!

I do agree 100% about the TE position. But I would like to see a free agent added in the mix. Beckum is a real enigma to me, as it is evident that he is not a true TE, but he knows the system and did have his moments this season. He will always be an option for the team if available after it is all said and done. I am not the biggest Beckum fan, but I feel that he does add the familiarity factor is important when it comes to the offense the Giants run.

TheEnigma
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM

I hear you.* I never thought that we would have gotten KP at 32 in 09', and then Prince in the last draft.* That was crazy!

I do agree 100% about the TE position.* But I would like to see a free agent added in the mix.* Beckum is a real enigma to me, as it is evident that he is not a true TE, but he knows the system and did have his moments this season.* He will always be an option for the team if available after it is all said and done.* I am not the biggest Beckum fan, but I feel that he does add the familiarity factor is important when it comes to the offense the Giants run.
Beckum is always a possibility but I feel his time to earn his spot has kind of ended with us. If we can't land a stud in the draft, I wouldn't mind bringing a vet like Visanthe Shiancoe back on the team.

Bohemian
02-09-2012, 01:46 PM
I would certainly prefer Shiancoe over Beckum. The problem that I see, is that there is no guarantee that Ballard's knee will fully recover, so I would like to see the team bringing more than one TE to also complete with Pascoe for the back up job. Having said that, I really hope that Ballard get back at 100%, so he can keep on improving on this great break out year.

Spizi
02-09-2012, 02:44 PM

I really hope we can get Fleener or Allen. TE is out greatest need as of now and imagine having half of the production of a Gronk or Graham! A legit receiving threat at TE would put this offense up there with NO and GB.