PDA

View Full Version : To all Anti-Osi's JPP is against it :)

raintheory
02-09-2012, 01:08 PM
http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/02/giants_jason_pierre-paul_give.html?utm_source=twitterfeed&utm_medium=t witter&utm_term=%23nyg

i love this kid. were built to make another run at it keep the key players. i understand there's a cap but i also understand that there is room for restructuring and negotiations.

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 01:21 PM
no one is 'anti-osi'.</P>

not being able to afford what Osi wants as a contract is not 'anti-osi'.</P>

and 99% of fans that you would classify as 'anti-osi' fall into the category that we can't afford to pay him $7-$10 million a season.</P>

If he would play for what he's getting paid now, with escalation, he would retire a giant for 99% of us.</P>

Bing Crosby
02-09-2012, 01:29 PM
no one is 'anti-osi'.</p>

not being able to afford what Osi wants as a contract is not 'anti-osi'.</p>

and 99% of fans that you would classify as 'anti-osi' fall into the category that we can't afford to pay him $7-$10 million a season.</p>

If he would play for what he's getting paid now, with escalation, he would retire a giant for 99% of us.</p>

That's it in a nutshell. Not much we can do if Osi and his agent don't come to terms with management. If Osi is certain we are low balling him and goes somewhere else, then that's what's going to happen. Management isn't going to go crazy with Osi, we have a lot of work to do this off season.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 01:34 PM

and 99% of fans that you would classify as 'anti-osi' fall into the category that we can't afford to pay him $7-$10 million a season.</p>

If he would play for what he's getting paid now, with escalation, he would retire a giant for 99% of us.</p>

+1 He's not worth what he thinks he is. 8 yrs in the league and only 3 yrs of double digit sacks, and he's weak vs the run. I'd like to keep him, but the price tag, and the whining.

TheEnigma
02-09-2012, 01:37 PM
To me, it's not about hating or disliking Osi but giving him more money and years can potentially harm our efforts to lock up young guys like Nicks, Cruz, and JPP to long term deals.

Osi has been a great Giant despite some drama but there's always a time to move on.

buddy33
02-09-2012, 01:41 PM
Don't confuse hate with realizing there is a salary cap.

Osi himself said that he wants to stay but there is a business side to it.

I don't think the Giants want to get rid of him, but if he is unhappy and they will only get another year out of him it might make sense to trade him. Reese has proven that he can put together a championship team through the draft and FA.

raintheory
02-09-2012, 01:44 PM

not to discredit you or please dont take this the wrong way. but after the superbowl or even during the run to the superbowl did osi state what he would accept a a reasonable offer? he didn't not say he wanted to be paid top DE money that's what reese offered him.

imho i think reese didn't expect tuck to be a consistent standout dominant DE after the 2007 season, he was drafted in the third round. no one really saw him becoming the force is is now i mean he showed flashes but not what he has shown too date. i think reese did it in good faith cause at that time losing strahan we had first round kiwi, 3rd round tuck and 7th round tolley. he probably thought osi the successor to strahan, would be extra motivated to a new top DE contract promise. he failed cuase of injury that's unexpected but 2010 was a great season for him and 2011 is another good season for him.

im not saying reese is a bad GM im saying he should of never stirred the bee nest if the bee was happy coming off a superbowl win.

thats all im saying

raintheory
02-09-2012, 01:48 PM
dude i was here reading all the malcontent, cry baby, one trick pony, bum, washed up, old aging non producing injury prone comments made about osi. the account might look new but i'm not new to these boards.

there are some people who understand there is a salary cap

and then there are others that just straight up hate osi cause hes not a shut up take your pay and play player.

and i don't blame him if i was producing as much as i love the team that drafted me i have a house to play for, car notes and a family to feed.

the anti-osi's know who they are im not saying you guys are but they know who they are.

rick5292
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM

"no one," is too bold of a statement, sir. You should know better by now. For years, many Giants fans wanted to see Osi leave. Not willing to pay him and not wanting him to play are two different things...

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM
So is JPP giving up some of the money he is going to get when his rookie contract is negotiated? If he does then good for him and it would be great to keep Osi.

But you know there is a salary cap, right?

Who are we letting go to pay for Osi? Manningham? Weatherford? TT? Ross? Jacobs? Kiwi?

The question is, will Osi take less money for the team and step back from the spotlight when given a chance to walk, such as Kiwi did.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 01:53 PM
He wants Osi back. When all 3 of those guys are healthy our d-line is unstoppable.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 01:57 PM
dude i was here reading all the malcontent, cry baby, one trick pony, bum, washed up, old aging non producing injury prone comments made about osi. the account might look new but i'm not new to these boards.

and then there are others that just straight up hate osi cause hes not a shut up take your pay and play player.

and i don't blame him if i was producing as much as i love the team that drafted me i have a house to play for, car notes and a family to feed.

the anti-osi's know who they are im not saying you guys are but they know who they are.

Osi got paid. His contract was front loaded and enough to support my family and whole block for years. He deserves big money, but he's gotten big money. His pay was more than his production.

G-Man67
02-09-2012, 02:01 PM
i understand both sides ... Osi knows this is his last chance at a decent contract and is trying to do what he can to secure that before possibly suffering another injury or simply getting old and slowing down

but just like this year, he is under contract, he wanted a front loaded contract and so he got more money up front ... why do we have to do anything , let him huff and puff and then let him go out there and play great for us b/c that is the only way he will get one last lucrative contract

raintheory
02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
So is JPP giving up some of the money he is going to get when his rookie contract is negotiated? If he does then good for him and it would be great to keep Osi.

But you know there is a salary cap, right?

Who are we letting go to pay for Osi? Manningham? Weatherford? TT? Ross? Jacobs? Kiwi?

The question is, will Osi take less money for the team and step back from the spotlight when given a chance to walk, such as Kiwi did.

kiwi had a neck surgery dude and was unsure he would be dominant during the season really?

raintheory
02-09-2012, 02:10 PM
dude i was here reading
all the malcontent, cry baby, one trick pony, bum, washed up, old aging
non producing injury prone comments made about osi. the account might
look new but i'm not new to these boards.

and
i don't blame him if i was producing as much as i love the team that
drafted me i have a house to play for, car notes and a family to feed.

Osi
got paid. His contract was front loaded and enough to support my family
and whole block for years. He deserves big money, but he's gotten big
money. His pay was more than his production.

i agree it was front loaded then why the **** does reese open his big
mouth and say yeah i'll give you top DE money or send you to a place
that would if you repeat or better 2007 production. why would you tell a
player that? would you not wait till the end or near end of his
contract to make those promises. bad business strategy imho.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 02:21 PM
dude i was here reading
all the malcontent, cry baby, one trick pony, bum, washed up, old aging
non producing injury prone comments made about osi. the account might
look new but i'm not new to these boards.

and
i don't blame him if i was producing as much as i love the team that
drafted me i have a house to play for, car notes and a family to feed.

Osi
got paid. His contract was front loaded and enough to support my family
and whole block for years. He deserves big money, but he's gotten big
money. His pay was more than his production.

i agree it was front loaded then why the **** does reese open his big
mouth and say yeah i'll give you top DE money or send you to a place
that would if you repeat or better 2007 production. why would you tell a
player that? would you not wait till the end or near end of his
contract to make those promises. bad business strategy imho.

He opened his mouth because he meant it. If Osi had produced like a top 5 DE he'd be getting top 5 DE money now.

raintheory
02-09-2012, 02:23 PM
he..... got.... injured!

Mohann
02-09-2012, 02:28 PM
he..... got.... injuered!

And.. still... got... paid... He got his money. More than he deserved for his production. 3 years of 8 in double digit sacks. Projecting forward on a five year contract we can expect 2 injured years, 1 sub par year and 2 good years, That deserves top 5 money?

raintheory
02-09-2012, 02:42 PM

And.. still... got... paid... He got his money. More than he deserved for his production. 3 years of 8 in double digit sacks. Projecting forward on a five year contract we can expect 2 injured years, 1 sub par year and 2 good years, That deserves top 5 money?

and what year was the sub par year????

the one with sheridan as DC he still lead the team in sacks come on dude he was still productive in that crappy schemed defense .

the same scheme that had antonio pierce stutter stepping into coverage before he rushed the QB smfh.

same DC that benched one of his best Pass rushers cause they hada disagreement about a play or something in the meeting rooms. sheridan didn't like osi and vise versa look at his production numbers after that gimme a break dude seriously.

you act like osi's contract dollars is coming directly out of your pockets

Mohann
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM

and what year was the sub par year????

the one with sheridan as DC he still lead the team in sacks come on dude he was still productive in that crappy schemed defense .

the same scheme that had antonio pierce stutter stepping into coverage before he rushed the QB smfh.

same DC that benched one of his best Pass rushers cause they hada disagreement about a play or something in the meeting rooms. sheridan didn't like osi and vise versa look at his production numbers after that gimme a break dude seriously.

you act like osi's contract dollars is coming directly out of your pockets

Make all the excuses you want, but look at his numbers. Top 5 in sacks 2 times in 8 yrs.and at best average vs the run. That is not a top 5 DE. Most times numbers don't tell the story, but with him they do. All he has is sacks and FF, and they can be measured. 3 years in 8 of double digit sacks, and never over 15.

http://espn.go.com/nfl/player/stats/_/id/4514/osi-umenyiora

(insert your excuse here)

Redeyejedi
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM
If Osi will take what he is worth 6 Million a year then he is worth keeping if he wont with the #32 pick the NY Giants select ----

Mohann
02-09-2012, 03:07 PM
If Osi will take what he is worth 6 Million a year then he is worth keeping if he wont with the #32 pick the NY Giants select ----

+1

raintheory
02-09-2012, 03:22 PM

how much is he scheduled to make next year ? cause i know its not 6 mil and if it was i would agree that 6 mil a year is fair for his services.

@ mohan: this moron here is going to argue that FF are all hes good at well if thats all hes good at then i'll still give him top dollar cause FF gives us the ball back on offense you tool. im making excuses to keep him well your making excuses not too.

robert mathis a top 5 de in 9 years only had 4 double digit sack seasons

and even if osi is average against the run thats why we play a 4-3 we have a SLB to come down and make a tackle. and we have corners. stop making it seem like its osi's primary job to stop the run.

you say hes a locker room distraction justin tuck and many other players discredit that

you say hes not motivated to play and not a cry baby, he was mentoring mario and keeping his head up while he wasn't getting much playing time and fighting an injury.

he's been humble all season and said that he's willing to play wherever he can to help this team win even if that mean't hes not starting

hes depth to the type of defensive scheme we run which is rotation the DE's to add fresh pressure to gassed O-line men.

hes a speed rusher built to get to the QB thats why they drafted him, thats why they plugged him on the RE spot against athletic LT's

man i really don't like insulting people on here but your an ***.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 03:31 PM

how much is he scheduled to make next year ? cause i know its not 6 mil and if it was i would agree that 6 mil a year is fair for his services.

@ mohan: this moron here is going to argue that FF are all hes good at well if thats all hes good at then i'll still give him top dollar cause FF gives us the ball back on offense you tool. im making excuses to keep him well your making excuses not too.

robert mathis a top 5 de in 9 years only had 4 double digit sack seasons

and even if osi is average against the run thats why we play a 4-3 we have a SLB to come down and make a tackle. and we have corners. stop making it seem like its osi's primary job to stop the run.

you say hes a locker room distraction justin tuck and many other players discredit that

you say hes not motivated to play and not a cry baby, he was mentoring mario and keeping his head up while he wasn't getting much playing time and fighting an injury.

he's been humble all season and said that he's willing to play wherever he can to help this team win even if that mean't hes not starting

hes depth to the type of defensive scheme we run which is rotation the DE's to add fresh pressure to gassed O-line men.

hes a speed rusher built to get to the QB thats why they drafted him, thats why they plugged him on the RE spot against athletic LT's

man i really don't like insulting people on here but your an ***.

Hahaha What? He was mentoring our WR? He's humble? You can call me what you want because you're clueless. Teammates said Shockey was a good teammate, but we're finding out differently now aren't we. And his best years were average vs the run, most years he sold out with a looping rush that left a gaping hole for the rb. He was terrible vs the run most years.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 03:34 PM
Mathis top 5 really? Is he better than Freeney? Because if not he's the #2 on his team, and still top 5 in the league?

Mohann
02-09-2012, 03:50 PM
And he's getting way to much FF credit. He had 2 this year. He's better than almost anyone at it, but it still doesn't amount to more than one or two a year over other DE's. This past year he only caused 2. That's right Top 5 DE's cause 2 fumbles.

gmen46
02-09-2012, 06:05 PM
And he's getting way to much FF credit. He had 2 this year. He's better than almost anyone at it, but it still doesn't amount to more than one or two a year over other DE's. This past year he only caused 2. That's right Top 5 DE's cause 2 fumbles.

You're conveniently overlooking some other facts in order to support your flawed arguments--

Osi led the league in 2010 with 10 FF. I'm pretty sure he set a new league record with that.

He has averaged nearly 4 FF per year during his 8 year career. Few modern DEs, if any, can make that claim during the same time period.

This past season he missed nearly half the season (missed 7 complete games, plus was injured with a knee early in the Saints game, so missed most of that one). He still had 9 sacks, plus 3 1/2 sacks in the post season.

Dude was on his way to not only getting his 4th double digit sack season, but his career first back-to-back double digit sack seasons.

Nothing inaccurate about what "raintheory" summarized concerning Osi's attributes.

He has, for the most part, lived up to and in some cases exceeded what the FO hoped for when they drafted him in the 2nd round in 03.

Whether Osi is worth "top 5 DE " money is Reese's decision to make, not any of ours, is it?

Anyone who thinks Reese doesn't value Osi's significance to our defense is simply unaware.

We are a better team WITH him than we are without him, and Reese is very aware of that.

Anyone who doesn't believe Reese will do everything in his financial power and capacity to retain Osi for at least another 3-4 years, doesn't know what they're talking about.

Having said all that, if Osi is ACTUALLY offered more than we can reasonably afford, by some other team, then good luck, Osi, no hard feelings.

ru_gmen55
02-09-2012, 07:20 PM
Love Osi, but he's bad against the run, injury-prone, and let's face it...stretches of games go by where he's almost a non-factor in the pass rush. I'd love for the Giants to be able to keep him, but I just don't see him settling for a lower number than he's looking for. I just hope he doesn't end up in the division...

buffyblue
02-09-2012, 07:30 PM
This so reminds me of when Latrell Sprewell turned down 29 million dollars claiming that wasn’t enough money to feed his kids.

The NY Giants organization has made Osi Umenyora an extremely rich man. H ehas no reason to cry and to be honest he has no reason to ask for more money.

As a fan I doon;t care what it costs to keep the players we need only that it effects losing others. I just want to see NY Giants win.

raintheory
02-09-2012, 07:35 PM

You're conveniently overlooking some other facts in order to support your flawed arguments--

Osi led the league in 2010 with 10 FF. I'm pretty sure he set a new league record with that.

He has averaged nearly 4 FF per year during his 8 year career. Few modern DEs, if any, can make that claim during the same time period.

This past season he missed nearly half the season (missed 7 complete games, plus was injured with a knee early in the Saints game, so missed most of that one). He still had 9 sacks, plus 3 1/2 sacks in the post season.

Dude was on his way to not only getting his 4th double digit sack season, but his career first back-to-back double digit sack seasons.

Nothing inaccurate about what "raintheory" summarized concerning Osi's attributes.

He has, for the most part, lived up to and in some cases exceeded what the FO hoped for when they drafted him in the 2nd round in 03.

Whether Osi is worth "top 5 DE " money is Reese's decision to make, not any of ours, is it?

Anyone who thinks Reese doesn't value Osi's significance to our defense is simply unaware.

We are a better team WITH him than we are without him, and Reese is very aware of that.

Anyone who doesn't believe Reese will do everything in his financial power and capacity to retain Osi for at least another 3-4 years, doesn't know what they're talking about.

Having said all that, if Osi is ACTUALLY offered more than we can reasonably afford, by some other team, then good luck, Osi, no hard feelings.

thank you sir i didn't know how else to reach that maroon

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 07:36 PM

not to discredit you or please dont take this the wrong way. but after the superbowl or even during the run to the superbowl did osi state what he would accept a a reasonable offer? he didn't not say he wanted to be paid top DE money that's what reese offered him.

imho i think reese didn't expect tuck to be a consistent standout dominant DE after the 2007 season, he was drafted in the third round. no one really saw him becoming the force is is now i mean he showed flashes but not what he has shown too date.* i think reese did it in good faith cause at that time losing strahan we had first round kiwi, 3rd round tuck and 7th round tolley. he probably thought osi the successor to strahan, would be extra motivated to a new top DE contract promise. he failed cuase of injury that's unexpected but 2010 was a great season for him and 2011 is another good season for him.

im not saying reese is a bad GM* im saying he should of never stirred the bee nest if the bee was happy coming off a superbowl win.

thats all im saying

not taking it the wrong way.

Osi made it clear, through his agent, that the deal that he's interested in is in the neighborhood of what charles johnson got in carolina.

he's hoping for about $7 mill a season.

byron
02-09-2012, 07:45 PM
no one is 'anti-osi'.</P>

not being able to afford what Osi wants as a contract is not 'anti-osi'.</P>

and 99% of fans that you would classify as 'anti-osi' fall into the category that we can't afford to pay him $7-$10 million a season.</P>

If he would play for what he's getting paid now, with escalation, he would retire a giant for 99% of us.</P>

imho i think reese didn't expect tuck to be a consistent standout dominant DE after the 2007 season, he was drafted in the third round. no one really saw him becoming the force is is now i mean he showed flashes but not what he has shown too date. i think reese did it in good faith cause at that time losing strahan we had first round kiwi, 3rd round tuck and 7th round tolley. he probably thought osi the successor to strahan, would be extra motivated to a new top DE contract promise. he failed cuase of injury that's unexpected but 2010 was a great season for him and 2011 is another good season for him.

im not saying reese is a bad GM im saying he should of never stirred the bee nest if the bee was happy coming off a superbowl win.

thats all im saying
not taking it the wrong way. Osi made it clear, through his agent, that the deal that he's interested in is in the neighborhood of what charles johnson got in carolina. he's hoping for about $7 mill a season. given the cap trouble we were in last year I don't see how we sign all these guys coming due this year ...In my mind there's gonna have to be a down turn in players wages leauge wideI just don't see how this new cap is going to work others wise...

raintheory
02-09-2012, 07:46 PM

fairweather fans like you make me sick

its one thing to say lets cut our losses cause hes not affordable but to discredit and degrade the value of a player that played his *** off for us well into the superbowl. you are not a fan in my eyes.

fact without that FF on rodger's we don't know how that game would of turned out, especially with the refs heavily against us. thats the importance of FF's

he is a constant mis match problem on the line cause he can move around from either side
and in cause you don't know we use a rotating DE scheme which JPP, Tuck, and tolley are all happy with.

tuck disappeared in a couple games this season as well, and jpp had two games where he didn't do much cause they double and tripled him at times.

you talk about sack numbers that's great that's something for morons like you to look at sometimes junior its about how much attention they put on one player creating one on ones for other players on the line, but your football savy i shouldn't have to explain this too you.

he gets way too much FF credit???? are you serious? he specializes in forcing fumbles he has done it consistently every year he has played, sure its not double digits every year but this is not a gimmick league and its hard to get those but he gets them.

im done with you go over to the jets board you fit in well over there

raintheory
02-09-2012, 07:51 PM

thats all im saying

not taking it the wrong way.

Osi made it clear, through his agent, that the deal that he's interested in is in the neighborhood of what charles johnson got in carolina.

he's hoping for about $7 mill a season.

you might be right sir... i hope reese can find a way to make everyone happy. osi is a very valuable piece to this puzzle and while im not taking away from tuck, JPP and tolley im saying the machine works don't change it. imagine what it would look like getting back marvin austin, TT, B.witherspoon, Justin tyron, B. Johnson, goff and an off season for these line backers and prince to gain knowledge with this D-line in tact. we will be a top 10 defense again. and the way Eli and co. is playing we have a legitimate shot at repeating, i honestly feel that way. its all up to reese we will see.

bert
02-09-2012, 08:33 PM
Osi did his part in getting us the Super Bowl. He should get what he wants. I'd hate to see him go.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 09:11 PM

Jared Allen 8 seasons/ 6 double digit sacks 2ff/yr 6 best ff yr =Top5 DE no doubt
Peppers 10/7 3.6ff/yr 5 best yr = Top 5 DE no doubt
Freeney 10/7 4.3 ff/yr 9 best yr= Top 5 DE no doubt
Trent Cole 7/4 1.7 ff/yr 2 best yr.

That's off the top of my head I don't have time to research more.

Then you have young guys like JPP, Who deserve the money more, and 3-4 outside lbs like Ware. You overvalue him as much as he does. It's not that I want him gone, he's just not top 5. And being injured is not a good thing. You don't get credit for what you would have done, only what you did. If you're sitting on the sidelines you're not contributing to wins.

And if you whine to the press every year, I get sick of you fast. This is going to be the fourth or fifth year of this from him. Reese knows much better that you or I what his value to the team is, I'll bet he won't pay him top 5 money.

I'd like Osi to end his career here, but not at the expense of better players like JPP, Tuck.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 09:12 PM

fairweather fans like you make me sick

its one thing to say lets cut our losses cause hes not affordable but to discredit and degrade the value of a player that played his *** off for us well into the superbowl. you are not a fan in my eyes.

fact without that FF on rodger's we don't know how that game would of turned out, especially with the refs heavily against us. thats the importance of FF's

he is a constant mis match problem on the line cause he can move around from either side
and in cause you don't know we use a rotating DE scheme which JPP, Tuck, and tolley are all happy with.

tuck disappeared in a couple games this season as well, and jpp had two games where he didn't do much cause they double and tripled him at times.

you talk about sack numbers that's great that's something for morons like you to look at sometimes junior its about how much attention they put on one player creating one on ones for other players on the line, but your football savy i shouldn't have to explain this too you.

he gets way too much FF credit???? are you serious? he specializes in forcing fumbles he has done it consistently every year he has played, sure its not double digits every year but this is not a gimmick league and its hard to get those but he gets them.

im done with you go over to the jets board you fit in well over there

Fairweather fan since 1975 dude.

raintheory
02-09-2012, 09:22 PM

Jared Allen 8 seasons/ 6 double digit sacks 2ff/yr 6 best ff yr =Top5 DE no doubt
Peppers 10/7 3.6ff/yr 5 best yr = Top 5 DE no doubt
Freeney 10/7 4.3 ff/yr 9 best yr= Top 5 DE no doubt
Trent Cole 7/4 1.7 ff/yr 2 best yr.

That's off the top of my head I don't have time to research more.

Then you have young guys like JPP, Who deserve the money more, and 3-4 outside lbs like Ware. You overvalue him as much as he does. It's not that I want him gone, he's just not top 5. And being injured is not a good thing. You don't get credit for what you would have done, only what you did. If you're sitting on the sidelines you're not contributing to wins.

And if you whine to the press every year, I get sick of you fast. This is going to be the fourth or fifth year of this from him. Reese knows much better that you or I what his value to the team is, I'll bet he won't pay him top 5 money.

I'd like Osi to end his career here, but not at the expense of better players like JPP, Tuck.

Okay fine not top 5 DE Money, like i said before osi didn't ask he was offered TOP 5 DE money, i would of understood if osi was the one that initiated the conversation saying hey this is what i feel im due and if i have a monster year then you should pay me this. from his affidavit thats not how it went down. jerry reese was the one that made the promises. like redeye said resructure so that he gets 6 mil instead of 3 mil thats fair. thats all i'm saying

pino
02-09-2012, 09:23 PM
Salary cap aside, I hope we keep Osi and he retires a Giant.

pino
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
2 FF on a short season. Had he played a full season, who knows how many more he would have had. He's the FF master, and it is a very underrated talent.

Mohann
02-09-2012, 09:36 PM
I've heard all kinds of crap about that conversation, and all I know for sure is I wasn't there. I believe if he'd had another double digit sack year, or was more consistent vs the run, or even a 18 sack year, he'd get the money. I really do want him to stay here, but not if he's unhappy and complaining. I hate reading about him every day in training camp, and all the animosity and stress this causes.

I think 6 mil a yr is fair. If him and Reese come to a 20 mil a year deal so be it. I trust Reese. I've second guessed GMs and been wrong too many times, sure Reese makes mistakes, but I make more.

BeatYale
02-09-2012, 09:40 PM
I have no problems at all with a team not being willing to break the bank for a guy with knee and hip problems.

JPP's job is to play football. He should stick to that.

GreenZone
02-09-2012, 10:07 PM

Osi is already scheduled to make $6 million next year. The rub is the 7 year contract in its last year was front loaded and he's not happy because he wants to be paid like top 5 now, not top 5 when he originally signed a 7 year contract.

And, if I'm not mistaken, he could have gotten a redrawn contract last year that would add additional incentives dollars (for which he probably would have cleaned up had he been willing to sign it).

For those who say: "Just pay him 'what he is worth'," tell me, which other current star(s) are you willing to let go to make that happen?

Mohann
02-09-2012, 10:19 PM

Osi is already scheduled to make $6 million next year. The rub is the 7 year contract in its last year was front loaded and he's not happy because he wants to be paid like top 5 now, not top 5 when he originally signed a 7 year contract.

And, if I'm not mistaken, he could have gotten a redrawn contract last year that would add additional incentives dollars (for which he probably would have cleaned up had he been willing to sign it).

For those who say: "Just pay him 'what he is worth'," tell me, which other current star(s) are you willing to let go to make that happen?

It averaged 6 mil a yr, but he's going to get 4.5 mil this year.

Jobarulz
02-09-2012, 10:44 PM
He does realize that keeping Osi takes money out of his pocket doesn't he?

raintheory
02-09-2012, 11:03 PM

diehl or baas

next question