PDA

View Full Version : A quick thought about Chase Blackburn

RoanokeFan
02-09-2012, 12:27 PM
Here's a guy who comes in late in the season because injuries continued taking their toll on the GIANTS. In his first game, he hustles for an interception and in his last game, the Super Bowl, he hustles for another interception. What are the chances? Seriously.

bansaw
02-09-2012, 12:31 PM
Jack Stroud hasnt wore underwear since Sunday night

heart and soul guy, it makes Legends out of guys

RoanokeFan
02-09-2012, 12:34 PM
It's just an amazing story to me.

ny06
02-09-2012, 12:35 PM
He deserves to fight for a spot on next years squad. </P>

</P>

RoanokeFan
02-09-2012, 12:38 PM
He deserves to fight for a spot on next years squad. </p>

</p>

One would think lol

bansaw
02-09-2012, 12:39 PM
old Chase photoshop - he's still badass

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_16noOQI-C9g/R5X09KNBZ6I/AAAAAAAABAQ/IW5d2LHBOuU/s400/chase.jpg

timmytimm3
02-09-2012, 12:41 PM
I heard on NFL Network that the pick he had in the Packers game was because he blew the coverage which tricked Rogers (?).

Either way he made a great play on the ball and having him on the field definitely seemed to eliminate a lot of confusion.

NYBlue10
02-09-2012, 12:42 PM
I say he deserves to be a backup linebacker assuming that Goff is coming back.

And Chase is like the perfect version of Jack Black.

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 12:57 PM
His story this year is amazing. He helped solidify this defense. It is amazing that nobody picked him up before us. He was always a stud on special teams.

G-Man67
02-09-2012, 01:05 PM
these kinda stories are great ... i remember several years back when were decimated by LB injuries and then he stepped in a did a great job only to unfortunately get injured himself

i hope he gets invited to a camp, whether it is ours or somewhere else and makes a roster ... he's a great example of a player that can't be measured by 40 yard times or vertical leap or by how much he can bench press, etc.

DaKraken
02-09-2012, 01:07 PM
He's a gamer...doesn't have the eye-popping measurables except a motor and heart. Not truly a starter in this league, but ready to go at all times and will never hurt you. Guys like that are crucial to have around on a roster. Hopefully they'll find a roster spot to keep him, even if he goes back to being a special teamer/backup.

jakegibbs
02-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Here's a guy who comes in late in the season because injuries continued taking their toll on the GIANTS.* In his first game, he hustles for an interception and in his last game, the Super Bowl, he hustles for another interception.* What are the chances?* Seriously.

Garanteed a special team spot by the GM & backup at LB. Book it.

Kruunch
02-09-2012, 01:11 PM
Here's a guy who comes in late in the season because injuries continued taking their toll on the GIANTS.* In his first game, he hustles for an interception and in his last game, the Super Bowl, he hustles for another interception.* What are the chances?* Seriously.

CB is our Rudy.

RoanokeFan
02-09-2012, 01:21 PM
Here's a guy who comes in late in the season because injuries continued taking their toll on the GIANTS. In his first game, he hustles for an interception and in his last game, the Super Bowl, he hustles for another interception. What are the chances? Seriously.

CB is our Rudy.

Good analogy

kkr
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
I had a dream after the Packers game which featured Chase Blackburn on Americas game. That is now a genuine reality!

His story is just one of many that deserve to be told from this season. When he was signed things started to turn around and the defence slowly got more organised. Fewell simplifying it was just the final thing needed to make it Championship worthy again.

TuckYou
02-09-2012, 01:27 PM
Those 2 INTs you mention, came off the 2 best QBs in the game too, Rodgers and Brady. Sorry Brees.</P>

Ruttiger711
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
I just dont understand how he wasnt on the original 53. </P>

Was it really a choice between him and Paysinger or did they have to make a choice between Chase and J-Will?</P>

bansaw
02-09-2012, 01:39 PM

CB is our Rudy.

Good analogy
everything but the fraud charges -
<div class="banner01-holder" style="background-color:black;min-width:960px;width:100%">
<div class="banner01">

</div>
</div>

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424052970204553904577102690905539560.html

DEgiants89
02-09-2012, 01:44 PM

Love the guy, honestly the biggest difference maker on the team. Just think when he came in on what the GB game? He had taht pick of Rodgers. Dude is a hustler.

Bigbluereckingcrew
02-09-2012, 01:54 PM
Chase should be the starter, period!! Goff might be good, but chase is the incumbant if you ask me

gmentology
02-09-2012, 02:13 PM
Yes, Chase Blackburn's story is so awesome and inspirational.

He definitely played an important part in the defense. He made many clutch plays in the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

He should definitely be given a chance as a starter, or a part of the LB rotation, next season.

CB was in Jersey City, NJ yesterday. He was the guest of honor and will have a street named after him, Blackburn Blvd.

bansaw
02-09-2012, 02:15 PM
Yes, Chase Blackburn's story is so awesome and inspirational.

He definitely played an important part in the defense. He made many clutch plays in the playoffs and the Super Bowl.

He should definitely be given a chance as a starter, or a part of the LB rotation, next season.

CB was in Jersey City, NJ yesterday. He was the guest of honor and will have a street named after him, Blackburn Blvd.send a letter to City Hall and say it should be Blackburn Drive because thats what he showed this team - DRIVE

gmentology
02-09-2012, 04:20 PM
send a letter to City Hall and say it should be Blackburn Drive because thats what he showed this team - DRIVE

Hehe! Nice idea. I might just try that.

I agree. That would definitely be a more befitting name :)

JesseJames
02-09-2012, 04:59 PM
Goff has yet to prove himself as a starter and now coming off knee surgery he is definitely not ahead of anybody...