PDA

View Full Version : Where is the respect for Reese?

Coach Carter
02-09-2012, 01:15 PM
Some folks on these boards started calling the 2007 draft a fluke. The Reese was criticized for 2009 draft (because of Clint Sintim, Ramses Barden, Travis Beckum, Rhett Bomar and the two CBs who didn't make the team), so what the roster was loaded and Bruce Johnson, a free agent, outplayed the drafted cornerback.

Reese was then criticized for drafting JPP in 2010 and not drafting any linebackers in the 2011 draft. J. Williams turned out to be an excellent linebacker for the Giants and Jones with the the two free agents all contributed during the season.

The worst complaints came the Eagles went stupid and started signing every free agent possible. Reese got killed on these boards for not doing the same PROVEN FAILED STRATEGY. Folks were acting like Boss, SS and Cofielfd were probowl alternates.

Reese resigned Boothe, didn't trade Osi and believed in the talent he accumulated. Give the man his credit.

DaKraken
02-09-2012, 01:37 PM
I totally agree with you without citing specific player examples - no more bashing the FO (and similar now to the Coughlin/asst coaches frankly).

This crew (Reese, Ross, etc) has won two Super Bowls. It's not a fluke. They've drafted well and evaluated/signed/resigned FAs well. They should have the fans' respect.

Take a look around the league and don't doubt for a second that most other franchises would sell their soul to have these guys at the helm.

In Reese we trust!

Coach Carter
02-09-2012, 04:51 PM
I totally agree with you without citing specific player examples - no more bashing the FO (and similar now to the Coughlin/asst coaches frankly).

This crew (Reese, Ross, etc) has won two Super Bowls. It's not a fluke. They've drafted well and evaluated/signed/resigned FAs well. They should have the fans' respect.

Take a look around the league and don't doubt for a second that most other franchises would sell their soul to have these guys at the helm.

In Reese we trust!

Yes, I forgot to mention Ross, he did a good job also.

TheBookOfEli
02-09-2012, 05:05 PM
I never understood the hate towards Reese. He has made so many key draft selections.

We all wanted Britt, he drafted Nicks. Most of us were upset but he proved us(including me) wrong. Nicks with 10 contributing catches in Superbowl XLVI and now he's a champion.

JPP, Terrel Thomas, Steve Smith ( he was a pro-bowler guys), Linval Joseph, Kevin Boss (he contributed in Superbowl XLII) Ahmad Bradshaw, Kenny Phillip.

He also picked up Victor Cruz as a undrafted free agent.

Let's not also forget the key signings in Chris Canty, Michael Boley, Antrel Rolle, Chase Blackburn, Dieon Grant. All those guys contributed in our playoff run this year.

Reese is a GRADE A gm. He's the new Scott Piolli.