PDA

View Full Version : WOW watching soundfx

KillaRich
02-09-2012, 01:32 PM
"Patriots strike back" segment..... before the half the ref says "It's gonna pick up.. its gonna pick...they'll get back...dont worry dont count new england out"

Are you serious? they basically were rooting for them

Rudyy
02-09-2012, 01:33 PM
"don't worry" Wow, that basically says right there they were pulling for N.E

Tony Bruno
02-09-2012, 01:34 PM
"Patriots strike back" segment..... before the half the ref says "It's gonna pick up.. its gonna pick...they'll get back...dont worry dont count new england out" Are you serious? they basically were rooting for them</P>

</P>

Those refs were PATS fans... Did you see the one that tried to help Tom off the ground??? They even asked Wilfork if he was held... Since when do refs care what the palyers think??? Oddly though I totally respect VW for telling the truth... LOL</P>

KillaRich
02-09-2012, 01:35 PM
"don't worry" Wow, that basically says right there they were pulling for N.E

3rd segment ...ochocinco comes out and the ref holds his arms up and says "OCCHHOOO LETS GO BABY!"

WTF!?!?!

titwio
02-09-2012, 01:43 PM
C'mon you guys....The refs called a fair game. There was no overly favored calls in the way of the Patriots. All the calls were close and I thought they did a solid job. Much better crew of refs than those of the playoffs....that's for sure.

Medisleman
02-09-2012, 01:47 PM
Watching SoundFx does make you wonder. These guys are supposed to be 100% impartial. They shouldn't even talk to the players. Watching that makes you realize that they certainly favor certain players if not certain teams.

TuckYou
02-09-2012, 01:48 PM
I thought the refs called a fair game in this one. The one holding play was a killer, but i see why they called it. Good flop by the 380 pound man. Other then that, was there any other bad calls? Maybe the non PI on Manningham? JPP Osi being held (but that happens every game and never gets called for some reason)?</P>

I was pissed about the ref trying to help Brady up though. They see Eli and laugh. They see Brady down and piss themselves to help him. Its that "respect" that Brady has gotten over the years. Eli will probably never get it. </P>

KillaRich
02-09-2012, 01:59 PM
Not saying it wasn't a fairly called game.... Just saying it seemed like they were pats fans

Roosevelt
02-09-2012, 02:06 PM
"Patriots strike back" segment..... before the half the ref says "It's gonna pick up.. its gonna pick...they'll get back...dont worry dont count new england out"

Yeah, I thought that was messed up.

Roosevelt
02-09-2012, 02:07 PM
"Patriots strike back" segment..... before the half the ref says "It's gonna pick up.. its gonna pick...they'll get back...dont worry dont count new england out" Are you serious? they basically were rooting for them</p>

</p>

Those refs were PATS fans... Did you see the one that tried to help Tom off the ground??? They even asked Wilfork if he was held... Since when do refs care what the palyers think??? Oddly though I totally respect VW for telling the truth... LOL</p>

Absolutely, Willfork telling the ref he wasn't held was great.

peytonkrug
02-09-2012, 03:16 PM
I was surprised at the "fraternization" between refs and players, especially Walford. Seemed unprofessional.

Is she Conan's wife?
02-09-2012, 03:24 PM

That's messed up.

nhpgiantsfan
02-09-2012, 03:39 PM
I think you guys are making too much of this. They called a good game. The call on Boothe was close but whatever. The bigger miss was the interference on Manningham. But I think the refs are like that with both teams. And they were saying it's gonna pick up, as in The Game was going to pick up. It wasnt favoring the Pats.</P>

One thing I thought that was interesting at the start of the 4th quarter the refs were hudled up and you hear the head ref say fumble... fumble... fumble....</P>

I am assuming that this meant if the ball gets popped loose, he didnt want them to have quick whistles. Treat it as a fumble and let the replays take care of it. I could be wrong but cant think of anything else that he would be referring to.</P>

Big Blue 418
02-09-2012, 03:48 PM
I had absoltely no issues with the refs at the sb .... I thought the Niners got away with a ton of holding and the Packers game was just atrocious , but for the most part the refa let both teams play . I always fear they will call a pass intereference during a hail mary ....... Good job by the refs overall

KillaRich
02-09-2012, 03:51 PM
Look the ref game wasnt that bad...but looking at the anti-ref POV their were actually some pretty BAD calls.....4 come to mind

1. The obvious bogus hold on Boothe (which wilfork himself told the refs was a bad call)

2. Non-call on the MM interference

3. On the Woodhead TD play....Joseph was obviously held for about 5 horizontal yards....I know brady had alot of time but geez it was so obvious

4. Final Play Hail Mary...JPP being held

IDC we won...and overall wasnt bad....but the refs did have some mistakes, plus the obvious love for the pats is pretty odd

giantsforce
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I think you guys are making too much of this.* They called a good game.* The call on Boothe was close but whatever.* The bigger miss was the interference on Manningham.* But I think the refs are like that with both teams.* And they were saying it's gonna pick up, as in The Game was going to pick up.* It wasnt favoring the Pats.</P>

One thing I thought that was interesting at the start of the 4th quarter the refs were hudled up and you hear the head ref say fumble... fumble... fumble....</P>

I am assuming that this meant if the ball gets popped loose, he didnt want them to have quick whistles.* Treat it as a fumble and let the replays take care of it.* I could be wrong but cant think of anything else that he would be referring to.</P>Making too much of it? I did not see a single time where they went and they asked the Giants if it was a hold or PI or whatever. I saw the ref trying to help Brady, I heard the ref asking the Pats player if it was a hold, and I heard the Pats player -to his credit- telling him he blew it. I'd like to see the NFL trying to tap dance around these issues. Why do you think the NFL does not allow the teams to talk about the officiating? Because all the bias and incompetence will come out to light. Lets face it, it is very rare that the Giants get anything called in their favor. How is it possible that JPP and Tuck did not get not even 1 holding call at the SB? I am not saying that the refs did not call an overall good game, but darn, for that of an important game, you got to bring the A crew on and certainly this was not an A crew out there.

nhpgiantsfan
02-09-2012, 04:50 PM
I think you guys are making too much of this. They called a good game. The call on Boothe was close but whatever. The bigger miss was the interference on Manningham. But I think the refs are like that with both teams. And they were saying it's gonna pick up, as in The Game was going to pick up. It wasnt favoring the Pats.</P>

I am assuming that this meant if the ball gets popped loose, he didnt want them to have quick whistles. Treat it as a fumble and let the replays take care of it. I could be wrong but cant think of anything else that he would be referring to.</P>

Making too much of it? I did not see a single time where they went and they asked the Giants if it was a hold or PI or whatever. I saw the ref trying to help Brady, I heard the ref asking the Pats player if it was a hold, and I heard the Pats player -to his credit- telling him he blew it. I'd like to see the NFL trying to tap dance around these issues. Why do you think the NFL does not allow the teams to talk about the officiating? Because all the bias and incompetence will come out to light. Lets face it, it is very rare that the Giants get anything called in their favor. How is it possible that JPP and Tuck did not get not even 1 holding call at the SB? I am not saying that the refs did not call an overall good game, but darn, for that of an important game, you got to bring the A crew on and certainly this was not an A crew out there.</P>

The timeline for the hold.. If you watch it as it all unfolds on the Sound FX show, I actually appreciated how the refs handled it. </P>

1. Official throws flag for holding.</P>

2. Head ref comes over and says I thought 75 spun off him but you were alot closer.</P>

3. Official who threw flag says I saw holding.</P>

4. TC gets in the Head Refs ear about the call and ref says he will ask again. (Keep in mind this was well after the play and penalty were done with. There was no turning back at this point.</P>

5. It shows the head ref and the official talking about it again and they decide for the hell of it to ask Wilfork himself if he was held. And to there surprise he says "Nah, you got that one wrong." At which time the ref says "So why didnt you tell us when we threw the flag?" and Vince says "cause that makes up for all of the other ones you missed on me".</P>

It actually shows how much the refs actually are trying to get it right. It's not like they asked Wilfork this question while the flag was still on the ground. The show doesnt do a good job of when exactly these conversations are taking place. But I would imagine when they spoke to Vince it was probably on NE's next defensive series.</P>

</P>

I don't think they were playing favorites at all in this game.</P>

davecrazy
02-09-2012, 05:30 PM
Yeah those biased reffs sure screwed the Giants. I mean, what about that play where Brady clearly threw the ball away in the end zone and they didn't call intentional grounding. God, if only we had reffs that weren't on the Giants pay roll.

Robert21156
02-09-2012, 05:35 PM
C'mon you guys....The refs called a fair game. There was no overly favored calls in the way of the Patriots. All the calls were close and I thought they did a solid job. Much better crew of refs than those of the playoffs....that's for sure.</P>

Agreed that these refs were MUCH better than the other ones in the playoffs, but the hold on Boothe and the 2 pass interferences that WEREN'T called were large. Those were the only 3 controversial plays that we actually saw, although I'm sure there were plenty of others throughout the game which went uncalled, both ways. As another post says you have to give props to Wilfork for admitting to the refs that he wasn't held on that play. However, the call really stunted a very promising drive, as did the 2 non-calls.</P>

touchback
02-09-2012, 05:52 PM
how about the ref offering a hand up when Tom was in his Brady moment after the interception

nhpgiantsfan
02-09-2012, 05:57 PM
how about the ref offering a hand up when Tom was in his Brady moment after the interception</P>

</P>

This upsets you??? Who cares..</P>

Bing Crosby
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
C'mon you guys....The refs called a fair game. There was no overly favored calls in the way of the Patriots. All the calls were close and I thought they did a solid job. Much better crew of refs than those of the playoffs....that's for sure.

Yeah, I agree. They were fans but actually did their job on this one. I mean come on have you guys forgotten the Packer's game? This was game was a helluva lot better then that!

bluesince86
02-09-2012, 06:12 PM
The refs in the Super Bowl were much better than the refs throughout the playoffs. But what bothers me the most about that Boothe call was that if you are going to make tick tack calls like that you need to call them both ways.If they are calling that a hold then the hold on Joseph (I think thats who it was) during the play that lead to the 1st TD for the Pats should have been called as well. Then later in the game when JPP had to throw the blocker off of him (I think it was either the last play of the game or the one before it) should have been called as well. That holding penalty killed a drive that was going to at worst end up scoring 3 points and changed the momentum of the game.

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 06:21 PM
Watching SoundFx does make you wonder.* These guys are supposed to be 100% impartial.* They shouldn't even talk to the players.* Watching that makes you realize that they certainly favor certain players if not certain teams.

i totally want them talking to players.

they were able to figure out, in game, that they missed the wilfork call.

that probably sticks in their head if there's any other borderline calls.

CDN_G-FAN
02-09-2012, 06:30 PM
The refs in the Super Bowl were much better than the refs throughout the playoffs. But what bothers me the most about that Boothe call was that if you are going to make tick tack calls like that you need to call them both ways.If they are calling that a hold then the hold on Joseph (I think thats who it was) during the play that lead to the 1st TD for the Pats should have been called as well. Then later in the game when JPP had to throw the blocker off of him (I think it was either the last play of the game or the one before it) should have been called as well. That holding penalty killed a drive that was going to at worst end up scoring 3 points and changed the momentum of the game.

i hear ya but its never going to be perfect.

i don't think you can have a game in the playoffs where there ISN'T going to be a call that's questioned.

Pats fans question the safety. i don't, but that's the point.

every call that's 'borderline' is questioned by one side or the other.

ibbill
02-09-2012, 06:44 PM

I heard that I was shocked then naw I heard it wrong now you have confirmed it. Dam that should be brought up to the NFL to look into it.