PDA

View Full Version : Cruz wants more money Surprised?

bigjeep
02-09-2012, 01:44 PM
Going to be a tough year on the Giants wallets this year. Just heard it on the "Mike on" radio show. Cruz is demanding more money. I hope Reese is up to this. Lets not forget Osi.

burier
02-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Going to be a tough year on the Giants wallets this year. Just heard it on the "Mike on" radio show. Cruz is demanding more money. I hope Reese is up to this. Lets not forget Osi.

Well Cruz obviously wants more money. What's he playing for now? The league minimum? That's obviously no longer adequet.

Reese will work it out.

bflo23
02-09-2012, 01:52 PM

I believe players should get what they deserve. He broke the all time single season record for receiving yards with 1536, got 9 TDs and was big part in getting the Super Bowl....... He is worth more than $400K.Giants should do the right thing and pay the man....... I think Osi case is different. He has a <span class="playerValue">7 yr(s) / $41,380,000 contract.
</span>

jhamburg
02-09-2012, 01:55 PM

Well Cruz obviously wants more money. What's he playing for now? The league minimum? That's obviously no longer adequet.

Reese will work it out.

I'm fine with that, I just don't want to see him get a huge blockbuster extension right now, I feel like his stock is at an all-time high. He's a great, pro-bowl receiver no doubt, but I think a handful of huge plays inflated his numbers, he probably won't be able to repeat those.

GameTime
02-09-2012, 02:09 PM
Going to be a tough year on the Giants wallets this year. Just heard it on the "Mike on" radio show. Cruz is demanding more money. I hope Reese is up to this. Lets not forget Osi. Well Cruz obviously wants more money. What's he playing for now? The league minimum? That's obviously no longer adequet. Reese will work it out. I'm fine with that, I just don't want to see him get a huge blockbuster extension right now, I feel like his stock is at an all-time high. He's a great, pro-bowl receiver no doubt, but I think a handful of huge plays inflated his numbers, he probably won't be able to repeat those.</P>

huge plays and YAC is part of whatevery top teir WR do. Can he get almost 1600 every season....of course not. But who does????.</P>

</P>

GmenFan1980
02-09-2012, 02:13 PM
http://www.321pic.com/images/yes-7.jpg

NYBlue10
02-09-2012, 02:18 PM
We all want more money, so why would Cruz be any different, especially when he's worth a lot more than his current contract.

ebick
02-09-2012, 02:19 PM
He kept his mouth shut and did his job until the season was over.....he proved his worth.....he did all the right things.</P>

Pay the man.</P>

Tommy_Ribs
He's earned it in my opinion.

He may have to wait one more season, but the GIANTS are going to lock up him and Nicks, long-term.

Manningham will get paid elsewhere in all likelihood.

Don't forget there is not an increase to the cap this year, and I have not looked at who comes off the books.

There are several FAs that we will not bring back, and other guys with larger contracts that probably will either need to re-structure, or they will be gone too.

JJC7301
Going to be a tough year on the Giants wallets this year. Just heard it on the "Mike on" radio show. Cruz is demanding more money. I hope Reese is up to this. Lets not forget Osi. Well Cruz obviously wants more money. What's he playing for now? The league minimum? That's obviously no longer adequet. Reese will work it out. I'm fine with that, I just don't want to see him get a huge blockbuster extension right now, I feel like his stock is at an all-time high. He's a great, pro-bowl receiver no doubt, but I think a handful of huge plays inflated his numbers, he probably won't be able to repeat those.</P>

I believe in him, but he's got to do one more big year before he gets some huge contract.</P>

But I would definitely give him a nice bump in pay because he deserved it.</P>

Osi's situation IS different -- he's not exactly paying for league minimum.</P>

SIMMS5611
02-09-2012, 02:27 PM
Going to be a tough year on the Giants wallets this year. Just heard it on the "Mike on" radio show. Cruz is demanding more money. I hope Reese is up to this. Lets not forget Osi.</P>

</P>

Well DUH. I think he's making like $490,000. While not chump change by any stretch, after he pays his agent, taxes, etc, Cruz isn't making much at all.</P>

Pay the man, lock him up. People who don't follow the NFL, let alone the Giants, know who Victor Cruz is. That name recognition is fantastic asset, just from a marketing standpoint alone....</P>

...not to mention The Man can BALL.</P>

</P>

ibbill
02-09-2012, 02:32 PM
NICKS CRUZ should both be paid the same amount the way I see it.What that will be is up to the team.

Zoboomafoo
02-09-2012, 02:54 PM
1) Not surprised he looking for more.

2) He deserves it.

egyptian420
02-09-2012, 03:01 PM
He's earned it in my opinion.

He may have to wait one more season, but the GIANTS are going to lock up him and Nicks, long-term.

Manningham will get paid elsewhere in all likelihood.

Don't forget there is not an increase to the cap this year, and I have not looked at who comes off the books.

There are several FAs that we will not bring back, and other guys with larger contracts that probably will either need to re-structure, or they will be gone too.

I think Baas' contract needs to be restructured. Cruz definitely deserves a pay increase and I don't really know what to say about the Osi situation. I want him to stay but I don't know if he deserves top 5 DE money, he's not even a top 2 DE on this team imho

Eli TO Shockey
02-09-2012, 03:02 PM
lets not take what he said out of context. he didnt "DEMAND" anything.

ďI think I was paid, you know, relative to where I came in this year
and, you know, I came in as a free agent so thatís the salary I was on,
so I donít feel like I was underpaid,Ē Cruz said. ďI mean, I feel like
after my performance this year, you know, I feel like I deserve to be
paid more money at this point. But thatís something Iíll let my agents
and those people take care of and Iíll just go out there and play the
game.Ē

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/02/09/victor-cruz-i-feel-like-i-deserve-to-be-paid-more-money-at-this-point/

peytonkrug
02-09-2012, 03:03 PM
He's worth a million next year. Pay him. He deserves it. Base it on incentives/bonus, so he can earn more. But come on, he was a huge factor in the trophy.

jhamburg
02-09-2012, 03:07 PM
Cruz is extremely marketable, I would expect him to make a lot more in endorsements than salary for the next year.

NYBlue10
02-09-2012, 03:11 PM
I tend to side with honoring the contract over renegotiating for a new one, but in the case of Cruz it may be in the best interest of the FO to renegotiate his contract now because if Cruz has another good season next year, his salary range may go even higher, even out of affordable range.

PRFan
02-09-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm into honoring the contracts in other sports but not football. Since if you get hurt, the team doen't have to honor the contract. Plus I think he's a UFA if he plays the year out and then what?

jomo
02-09-2012, 05:04 PM
Cruz is extremely marketable, I would expect him to make a lot more in endorsements than salary for the next year.He'll also make much more on endorsements with New York as his base than he would with Kansas City or Indy or you name it as his base.

NYBlue10
02-09-2012, 05:06 PM
Cruz is extremely marketable, I would expect him to make a lot more in endorsements than salary for the next year.He'll also make much more on endorsements with New York as his base than he would with Kansas City or Indy or you name it as his base.
Not to mention Paterson is his hometown, playing for a team 20 minutes away from his house just has more Cinderella feel to it. I'd be beyond shocked if Cruz leaves next year.