PDA

View Full Version : Ahmad Bradshaw

DaKraken
02-09-2012, 02:52 PM
I just want to take a moment and comment on this guy looking back at before the season to now.

While he was contract negotiating, a lot of people were really negative about him, labeling him "Greedshaw" for trying to negotiate for the most money he could and pointing to all his warts. I'd argue now that we can all look at him and say that resigning Ahmad was a crucial move, even if it had cost us more. Where would we have been without him? Not Super Bowl champs.

While statistically this was not his best season by far, frankly Bradshaw earned my total respect. He played through injury, was a team guy, and frankly earned every penny of his new deal.

He was nothing but a class act this season, a warrior, and a true NY Giant AFTER getting his payday.

luvbigblue28
02-10-2012, 01:40 PM
You get no argument from me on this one..
Bradshaw shows up and comes thru...truly
an asset. Guaranteed, we'll be seeing a lot more
in the trenches as long as he stays healthy.

freeoscar
02-10-2012, 01:44 PM
others have a higher opinion of him than me. He's always hurt. granted he's a tough SOB who plays through it, but he seems like the kind of RB who will just hit a massive wall some point soon.

His ball security is poor, and he is only average receiving out of the backfield.

Face it - between the fumble that Snee recovered and the TD 'score', he easily could've been the goat if the giants had lost.

This all comes off harsher than I mean it to. He's a very good player, but imo he's overpaid, and I think that contract will become an albatross sooner rather than later.

MikeIsaGiant
02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
No ****, imagine if we went in with Jacobs/Ware/Scott...

NYBlue10
02-10-2012, 01:53 PM
I for one never doubted his heart and he's a beast, he always plays with 100% effort.

I'm concerned about his health though, he's always banged up so much so that he hardly practices fully during the week and eventually it'll catch up to him I'm afraid. If Jacobs leaves we may have to look deep and hard for a full-time feature back, because Bradshaw clearly can't carry the ball all by himself.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-10-2012, 01:54 PM
others have a higher opinion of him than me. He's always hurt. granted he's a tough SOB who plays through it, but he seems like the kind of RB who will just hit a massive wall some point soon.

His ball security is poor, and he is only average receiving out of the backfield.

Face it - between the fumble that Snee recovered and the TD 'score', he easily could've been the goat if the giants had lost.

This all comes off harsher than I mean it to. He's a very good player, but imo he's overpaid, and I think that contract will become an albatross sooner rather than later.
He's one of those guys who will just go down on a play, realize he can't walk right anymore, and never play another snap. This dude is in for some serious arthritis problems when he gets in his 40's and 50's

JJC7301
02-10-2012, 02:46 PM
I just want to take a moment and comment on this guy looking back at before the season to now.

While he was contract negotiating, a lot of people were really negative about him, labeling him "Greedshaw" for trying to negotiate for the most money he could and pointing to all his warts. I'd argue now that we can all look at him and say that resigning Ahmad was a crucial move, even if it had cost us more. Where would we have been without him? Not Super Bowl champs.

While statistically this was not his best season by far, frankly Bradshaw earned my total respect. He played through injury, was a team guy, and frankly earned every penny of his new deal.

He was nothing but a class act this season, a warrior, and a true NY Giant AFTER getting his payday.
Bradshaw is my favorite Giant of this era, but both he and BJ need to take pay cuts. AB had a great season in 2010, but he's too injured to be a #1 RB. I still value BJ, but he's not a starter either.

I'd still be willing to have the running game built around those two, but at $3 million per RB.

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
He played with a ton of heart. Hopefully he get get fully healed during the off season. It looks like he will be carrying more of the load next year.

DEgiants89
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
love this dude's style of play and everything he brings to the team. I just hope his body can hold up for a few more seasons :]

DEgiants89
02-10-2012, 03:42 PM

Bradshaw is my favorite Giant of this era, but both he and BJ need to take pay cuts. AB had a great season in 2010, but he's too injured to be a #1 RB. I still value BJ, but he's not a starter either.

I'd still be willing to have the running game built around those two, but at $3 million per RB.

the reason BJ and AB work so well is cuz they are both oft injured but they both don't have to carry the load and give it their all without putting too much wear and tear on their bodies. We still need some healthy legs to transition to because idk how much more these guys can take.

GameTime
02-10-2012, 03:49 PM
his health has been a concern for a couple of seasons now. I cant and didnt see him to be able to work a full load either this year or last year. He is a 10 to 15 carrya game at the most now. </P>

He runs hard, is ALL IN, and seems to be a good teamate and locker room presence.</P>

Last year jacobs made conssessions for AB. This coming season AB will make consessions for Jacobs.</P>

Anyway you slice it the Giants need a healthy young RB. Maybe Scott is the answer or Brown...who knows.</P>

</P>

G-Man67
02-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Bradshaw is one of the guys that absolutely has to be on this team next year ... he runs with such heart and determination that everyone feeds off of it

having said that and b/c of his ankle(s) ... we really need to be certain we have a solid #2 RB .... Ware and Scott have not shown me enough yet and Jacobs has a fairly big cap number, he's old by RB years and we'd get all that cap space back if we were to cut him (sad as that is to say)

Kruunch
02-10-2012, 04:49 PM

I never thought of Bradshaw as greedy.

In fact, I'd say he was a prime example of how you go about Free Agency as a player.