PDA

View Full Version : Expect Jernigan to play Manninghams role next season:

TuckYou
02-09-2012, 02:17 PM
<H6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'><FONT size=3>In Reese We Trust</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</DIV></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>From Pat Traina: Reese said they liked how Jernigan came on toward the end of the year and they think he can contribute as a receiver next year.</FONT></SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>---</FONT></SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>I just dont see how the Giants will be able to match any teams offers to Manningham and still be able to provide Cruz and Nicks with deals. </FONT></SPAN></H6>

MikeIsaGiant
02-09-2012, 02:22 PM
Next man up

GmenFan1980
02-09-2012, 02:46 PM
<DIV class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft='{"type":2}'><FONT size=3>In Reese We Trust</FONT> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</DIV></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>From Pat Traina: Reese said they liked how Jernigan came on toward the end of the year and they think he can contribute as a receiver next year.</FONT></SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>---</FONT></SPAN></H6>
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>I just dont see how the Giants will be able to match any teams offers to Manningham and still be able to provide Cruz and Nicks with deals. </FONT></SPAN></H6>

Did Jernigan even catch a pass, like all season? I'll admit he did a good job returning kicks, but all I can do is hope he pans out as a receiver

nygsb42champs
02-09-2012, 02:48 PM
JR has been right so far so I have no reason to doubt him now.

NYBlue10
02-09-2012, 03:02 PM
He wasn't right about Sinorice Moss.

TuckYou
02-09-2012, 03:03 PM
JR has been right so far so I have no reason to doubt him now.</P>

Bingo</P>

I am not questioning his calls anymore. He made me sound dumb too many times. </P>

Kruunch
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM
Next man up

+1

BlueSanta
02-09-2012, 03:05 PM

You are correct, he was not right about Sinorice Moss. Because he did not draft Sinorice Moss. Ernie Accorsi did.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 03:06 PM

You are correct, he was not right about Sinorice Moss. Because he did not draft Sinorice Moss. Ernie Accorsi did.

But he drafted Barden

Itlan
02-09-2012, 03:08 PM

But he drafted BardenHe also drafted Nicks, Manningham, Smith, and signed Cruz. I'd say his track record is more positive than negative, idiot.

nYg24
02-09-2012, 03:11 PM

But he drafted BardenHe also drafted Nicks, Manningham, Smith, and signed Cruz. I'd say his track record is more positive than negative, idiot.

i thought Barden played pretty damn well when given the opportunity.

JJ was targeted like 3 times this season and the ball bounced off his hands every time.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 03:12 PM

The point is, Jernigan is no guarantee sweetie.

MikeIsaGiant
02-09-2012, 03:15 PM
Don't see what the problem with Barden is.... He played well under given opportunities

TuckYou
02-09-2012, 03:17 PM
JR has been right so far so I have no reason to doubt him now. He wasn't right about Sinorice Moss.

But he drafted BardenHe also drafted Nicks, Manningham, Smith, and signed Cruz. I'd say his track record is more positive than negative, idiot. The point is, Jernigan is no guarantee sweetie.</P>

Neither was Cruz...</P>

Barden isnt a bust IMO. He has done well when thrown the ball. Problem is, he doesnt play STs and when you are at best the 4th WR on your team, you need to contribute on STs, Like Hixon, Thomas, Jernigan, Clayton ect...</P>

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 03:18 PM
Don't see what the problem with Barden is.... He played well under given opportunities

No he didn't. For all the flack people give Manningham for his route running, Barden is even worse.

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Neither was Cruz...</P>

Barden isnt a bust IMO. He has done well when thrown the ball. Problem is, he doesnt play STs and when you are at best the 4th WR on your team, you need to contribute on STs, Like Hixon, Thomas, Jernigan, Clayton ect...</P>

Right, Cruz was brought in to safeguard against Steve Smith either leaving, or not being healthy. It is not a huge need compared to other positions, but Giants should still explore and overevaluate the third wideout position rather than sit back on faith. It is what made the offense so dynamic.

gmen0820
02-09-2012, 03:24 PM
JR has been right so far so I have no reason to doubt him now. He wasn't right about Sinorice Moss.

But he drafted BardenHe also drafted Nicks, Manningham, Smith, and signed Cruz. I'd say his track record is more positive than negative, idiot. The point is, Jernigan is no guarantee sweetie.</P>

Neither was Cruz...</P>

Barden isnt a bust IMO. He has done well when thrown the ball. Problem is, he doesnt play STs and when you are at best the 4th WR on your team, you need to contribute on STs, Like Hixon, Thomas, Jernigan, Clayton ect...</P>Yeah Barden was great when thrown the ball...

1 drop and not even 50% caught targets.

JacksGiant76
02-09-2012, 03:52 PM
I'm sure this will be the craziest thing people have ever read, but bare with me here, GM's can actually draft players that don't end up panning out and still be considered successful GM's. I know, it's crazy but believe it or not, most GM's don't hit on 100% of their draft picks.

Come on people, the draft is an absolute crap shoot and having even half your picks end up being starters or role players 2 -3 years down the road, is considered a successful draft.

With that being said, Manningham had 1 catch for 9 yards his rookie year and there were people on here saying he was going to get cut the next year??!!

I'm not saying Jernigan is going to be a star player but for god's sakes, give him some time to develop before basing his career on one rookie season.

eastbayblue
02-09-2012, 03:54 PM
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
<div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:2}"><font size="3">In Reese We Trust</font> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</div></h6>
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}"><font size="3">From Pat Traina: Reese said they liked how Jernigan came on toward the end of the year and they think he can contribute as a receiver next year.</font></span></h6>
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}"><font size="3">---</font></span></h6>
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{&quot;type&quot;:3}"><font size="3">I just dont see how the Giants will be able to match any teams offers to Manningham and still be able to provide Cruz and Nicks with deals. </font></span></h6>

He's only 5' 8'', not a good fit for Eli, get a tall receiver!

bLuereverie
02-09-2012, 03:55 PM
No one has bashed Jernigan at all. Simply, if going by the next man up concept, you want to have a lot of great options to play with rather than hope around someone steps up, i.e. Cruz/Hixon in the mix while Smith was rehabbing.

Another thing I'm interested in is a possibly another players only camp lead by Eli. There is no incentive to do so with no lockout preventing camps, but I don't think some players' success/ineffectiveness was a coincidence when looking back at the Hoboken camp.

DVision
02-09-2012, 04:04 PM
It would be nice, but they're 2 different types of receivers. Mario came from a pro style offense in Michigan and he's been a deep threat and excellent outside the numbers since his college days. Jernigan came from a spread offense and played lesser competition. He's was more of a RAC guy.

If I remember correctly Reese had him in mind as a slot threat. The only thing they really have in common is that they both are fast.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 04:34 PM
<H6 class=uiStreamMessage data-ft='{"type":1}'><SPAN class=messageBody data-ft='{"type":3}'><FONT size=3>I just dont see how the Giants will be able to match any teams offers to Manningham and still be able to provide Cruz and Nicks with deals. </FONT></SPAN></H6>Was thinking the same thing. Hopefully JJ can do it, and hopefully he can run better sideline routes.

Itlan
02-09-2012, 05:00 PM
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage uiStreamHeadline">
<div class="actorDescription actorName" data-ft="{"type":2}"><font size="3">In Reese We Trust</font> (http://www.facebook.com/pages/In-Reese-We-Trust/204765974855)</div></h6>
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}"><font size="3">From Pat Traina: Reese said they liked how Jernigan came on toward the end of the year and they think he can contribute as a receiver next year.</font></span></h6>
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}"><font size="3">---</font></span></h6>
<h6 class="uiStreamMessage" data-ft="{"type":1}"><span class="messageBody" data-ft="{"type":3}"><font size="3">I just dont see how the Giants will be able to match any teams offers to Manningham and still be able to provide Cruz and Nicks with deals. </font></span></h6>

He's only 5' 8'', not a good fit for Eli, get a tall receiver!
Cause Cruz and Nicks being a hair over 6' each are just the twin towers out there, huh?

Spizi
02-09-2012, 05:07 PM

i thought Barden played pretty damn well when given the opportunity.

JJ was targeted like 3 times this season and the ball bounced off his hands every time.

yea honestly the jury is still out on barden. he has been injured and behind many talented receivers on the depth chart. he hasn't had a good chance yet.

RoanokeFan
02-09-2012, 05:25 PM

Really? I must have missed those games.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-09-2012, 05:27 PM
that was an accorsi pick

Kase-1
02-09-2012, 05:30 PM
It would be nice, but they're 2 different types of receivers. Mario came from a pro style offense in Michigan and he's been a deep threat and excellent outside the numbers since his college days. Jernigan came from a spread offense and played lesser competition. He's was more of a RAC guy.

If I remember correctly Reese had him in mind as a slot threat. The only thing they really have in common is that they both are fast.Very true.

Now we gotta see how Cruz will do on the outside cause I def see Jernigan more so as a slot guy, but im not too familiar about what he did and where he played at college.

Its too bad bout Super Mario, he had a good run with us and im sure he will have an impact wherever he lands and I can understand him leaving. He was our 3rd WR, he never saw the balls that Cruz n Nicks saw this season, and after this past playoff run he's gotta strike while the iron is hot. As long as he doesnt go to the Iggles Ill view this like Kevin Boss, best of luck and no hard feelings, a man's gotta make his money while he can.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-09-2012, 05:32 PM

If I remember correctly Reese had him in mind as a slot threat. The only thing they really have in common is that they both are fast.Very true.

Now we gotta see how Cruz will do on the outside cause I def see Jernigan more so as a slot guy, but im not too familiar about what he did and where he played at college.

Its too bad bout Super Mario, he had a good run with us and im sure he will have an impact wherever he lands and I can understand him leaving.* He was our 3rd WR, he never saw the balls that Cruz n Nicks saw this season, and after this past playoff run he's gotta strike while the iron is hot.* As long as he doesnt go to the Iggles Ill view this like Kevin Boss, best of luck and no hard feelings, a man's gotta make his money while he can.

Jernigan's style is comprable to Desean Jackson IMO. Not saying he is anywhere near that level, but thats the kinda receiver he was in college

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 05:32 PM

Really?* I must have missed those games.
Wow you are actually a negative nancy on someone. Wow lol

Antwuan
02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
Hixon will be back so if he is healthy I would expect him to be our 3rd WR if Manningham is gone but Jernigan could play a role.

titwio
02-09-2012, 05:39 PM
JJ is slot receiver and was drafted to play the slot if SS12 wasn't resigned. If Jernigan becomes the #3 next year I'm almost positive he'll be in the slot and they'll kick Cruz back out wide.

It will be Cruz in the Manningham role....Not the other way around for JJ.

Kase-1
02-09-2012, 05:40 PM

Its too bad bout Super Mario, he had a good run with us and im sure he will have an impact wherever he lands and I can understand him leaving. He was our 3rd WR, he never saw the balls that Cruz n Nicks saw this season, and after this past playoff run he's gotta strike while the iron is hot. As long as he doesnt go to the Iggles Ill view this like Kevin Boss, best of luck and no hard feelings, a man's gotta make his money while he can.

Jernigan's style is comprable to Desean Jackson IMO. Not saying he is anywhere near that level, but thats the kinda receiver he was in collegeThat would be a nice threat to have if we can use it properly.

I just wish he had DJax's return ability, if he had that I could careless if he could catch a pass, LOL