PDA

View Full Version : Eli Manning

T-Murda84
12-05-2011, 12:21 AM
Im not trying to blame him for the game or anything....but why does it seem like he only turns it on when we're down 14 points. Why cant he put 4 great quarters together....why the silly turnovers. If Eli played the first half like he did the second half...I think the Packers would of rested Rodgers from taking all that punishment.

lilredk
12-05-2011, 12:24 AM
Rogers took punishment from the defense not from Eli playing a great half......And it was the defense that gave up the yardage for that field goal...

bashful
12-05-2011, 12:25 AM
Im not trying to blame him for the game or anything....but why does it seem like he only turns it on when we're down 14 points. Why cant he put 4 great quarters together....why the silly turnovers. If Eli played the first half like he did the second half...I think the Packers would of rested Rodgers from taking all that punishment.

BECAUSE OF OUR FING OC GET WITH IT

BigBlueFanNJ
12-05-2011, 06:18 AM
I think it goes back to our OC way to conservative, only opens it up when he has no choice.

Manning is a victim of this system I think Eli played well all game yesterday. scored on opening drive! great deep balls and brought us back to tie in the final moments yet again!!

offense looked better than it has in a while, this ones on the defense yet again!!!

RagingBlue
12-05-2011, 06:28 AM
Eli is playing great. He is under fire and still getting throws on target. Kildrive is a moron. When something is working then he goes away from it. I even heard Eli disagree with the play calling on TV.

CantBlameShockeyNow
12-05-2011, 06:37 AM
I think it goes back to our OC way to conservative, only opens it up when he has no choice.

Manning is a victim of this system I think Eli played well all game yesterday. scored on opening drive! great deep balls and brought us back to tie in the final moments yet again!!

offense looked better than it has in a while, this ones on the defense yet again!!!

The system forces Eli to throw pick-6s and drop the ball.

The comeback had nothing to do with the extremely talented receivers getting wide open...it was all Eli's pin-point accuracy.

Idkaname
12-05-2011, 07:20 AM

You're right

The comeback had nothing to do with the extremely talented receivers getting wide open...it was all Eli's pin-point accuracy.

giantyankee1976
12-05-2011, 07:27 AM
Eli is playing great. He is under fire and still getting throws on target. Kildrive is a moron. When something is working then he goes away from it. I even heard Eli disagree with the play calling on TV.

this

Eli is on another level this season. period.

jcdogg
12-05-2011, 07:48 AM
If i was ignorant i could say the same thing about rodgers every reciever he has is very talented as well so maybe he is not that good either....he has his good and his bad like every other qb but the system does play a role in his #'s we like to run safe plays and thats not going to add up to the 4 and 5 td games you want from him.

CantBlameShockeyNow
12-05-2011, 08:02 AM
The pick-6 changed the game. Up to that point the Giants had gained roughly double the yardage that the Pack had...almost impossible to beat that team if u lose the turnover battle.

BTW, Rodgers is a much better athlete and much more accurate than Eli.

buddy33
12-05-2011, 08:12 AM
Eli played a very good game, but he needed to play a great game yesterday.

The difference between the 2 QB's yesterday was that Eli was rattled after he threw his pick and Rogers was not. Up to that point the Giants had a lot more yards than Green Bay and where moving the ball fine. After Eli threw that pick he was not as good and almost threw a few more. The defense was hanging in there but the offense was out of it until the second half.

Green Bay has a horrible defense, as do the Saints and the Patriots. However, their offenses take advantage of when their defenses do make a stop.

Very good game by the offense, but they needed to be great.

little blue
12-05-2011, 08:31 AM
Eli is pin point this season , nothing bad to say about him AT ALL !!!

rebelfan1966
12-05-2011, 09:12 AM
I think it goes back to our OC way to conservative, only opens it up when he has no choice. Manning is a victim of this system I think Eli played well all game yesterday. scored on opening drive! great deep balls and brought us back to tie in the final moments yet again!! offense looked better than it has in a while, this ones on the defense yet again!!! The system forces Eli to throw pick-6s and drop the ball. The comeback had nothing to do with the extremely talented receivers getting wide open...it was all Eli's pin-point accuracy.</P>

How is Shockey doing these days? Don't hear his name mentioned very much on TV anymore... must be a non-factor wherever he was traded to last..... wonder why no team wants to keep him around very long? </P>

NJ10
12-05-2011, 09:15 AM
The pick-6 changed the game. Up to that point the Giants had gained roughly double the yardage that the Pack had...almost impossible to beat that team if u lose the turnover battle.

<font color="#FF0000">Yes this loss is Eli's fault.</font> Are you kidding me?

If it were not for him we would even be in the game. Every post I see by you is bashing Eli.

We got that pick from Blackburn and scored a few plays later, so that made up from GB's pick six. And Mathews made a great play on the ball for that pick **** happens. Eli cant be perfect on every single play like most people hold him to that standard on here. Unbelievable. How about the defense holding the Packers for 58 seconds, or the refs not *** raping us on every call.

And yeah Rodgers is more accurate and athletic than any other QB on the planet.

plc
12-05-2011, 09:31 AM
Ther is still one quarter of games to play.Eli is just putting more and more points on the board every week.If I were a coach I would not want to play the G Men these last 4 games.We may be ready to make a real run at this thing.We will know more after our next game.Go Big Blue

Idkaname
12-05-2011, 09:37 AM

<font color="#FF0000">Yes this loss is Eli's fault.</font> Are you kidding me?

If it were not for him we would even be in the game. Every post I see by you is bashing Eli.

We got that pick from Blackburn and scored a few plays later, so that made up from GB's pick six. And Mathews made a great play on the ball for that pick **** happens. Eli cant be perfect on every single play like most people hold him to that standard on here. Unbelievable. How about the defense holding the Packers for 58 seconds, or the refs not *** raping us on every call.

And yeah Rodgers is more accurate and athletic than any other QB on the planet.

He's not a Giants fan he's a troll pretty obvious

ComeWithMe
12-05-2011, 09:50 AM
Anyone who dares criticize Eli's playing this season doesn't know anything about Giants football.

burier
12-05-2011, 12:31 PM

"You gotta pay the Troll toll to get this boys hole"

Ruttiger711
12-05-2011, 12:41 PM

SOUL!! Its Boy's SOUL! :)

burier
12-05-2011, 12:45 PM

SOUL!! Its Boy's SOUL! :)

hehehe!

gumby742
12-05-2011, 12:52 PM
Eli's history has always been like this. He'll always turn it on at the end and play ok otherwise. It's part of the reason why people kill him for his consistency. He's just a very up and down QB.</P>

That being said, he's lighting it up. Thsi year, he's the QB that he has the potential to be. He's making the open throw and hitting the WR in stride. Just look at Cruz YAC numbers. He's making it so easy to pick up extra yards. With no running game, he's carrying our offense. Period. </P>

I don't think consistency will ever be a part of his game. But it doesn't need to be. Make the open throw and he'll be fine. Thus, he's playing awesome this season.</P>

If he plays this way again next season, I'll be officially convinced Eli has come of age. Eli might have made some bone headed throws, but this season they haven't been the norm. He's been great this year.</P>