PDA

View Full Version : Send Manningham some love

Giants10Joe
02-09-2012, 05:11 PM
I think most of us want Manningham to come back next season but think he'll want too much money. This probably won't help, but it certainly can't hurt. Yesterday I sent Manningham a tweet congratulating him on the Super Bowl and saying I hope he plays for the Giants again next season (https://twitter.com/#!/ManninghamNYG82 (https://twitter.com/#%21/ManninghamNYG82)). I was thinking that if enough people do the same, maybe he would be willing to give the Giants a home town discount because he sees how much the fans appreciate him. Again, probably won't help, but you never know.

Voldamort
02-10-2012, 02:24 PM
He played great in a big game!!

DemandedAce
02-10-2012, 02:29 PM
I would love nothing more than to keep him, however he isn't the brightest as evidenced by the wonderlick (sp?) and so his chances of making good money more than likely stop with football. I don't want his family life in the future to suffer especially since he showed he can be worth the kind of money he will most certainly be offered. As long as it's not the NFC east I wish him all the best and hope we can offer him the most for his talents

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
i hope the guy takes the largest paycheck he can find.</P>

i'd like to keep him, but i want him to get paid more than i'd like to keep him.</P>

and some team might see him as a #1 WR, or a great compliment to a #1.</P>

GameTime
02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I would love nothing more than to keep him, <FONT size=4><FONT color=#000080>however he isn't the brightest as evidenced by the wonderlick </FONT><FONT color=#000080>(sp?) and so his chances of making good money more than likely stop with football. </FONT></FONT>I don't want his family life in the future to suffer especially since he showed he can be worth the kind of money he will most certainly be offered. As long as it's not the NFC east I wish him all the best and hope we can offer him the most for his talents</P>

so you feel sorry for him because you think he is lacking intelligence???</P>

Before you assume anything check yourself. You spelled "wonderlic" incorrectly and your grammar leaves something to be desired. </P>

I realize you put the (sp) in there but maybe do a quick search first. You do know how to do that don't you???</P>

</P>

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 02:39 PM
I think it comes down to how much money gets thrown at him. If someone offers him a huge #1 WR type of contract it will be hard seeing him stay.

DemandedAce
02-10-2012, 02:53 PM
I would love nothing more than to keep him, <FONT size=4><FONT color=#000080>however he isn't the brightest as evidenced by the wonderlick </FONT><FONT color=#000080>(sp?) and so his chances of making good money more than likely stop with football. </FONT></FONT>I don't want his family life in the future to suffer especially since he showed he can be worth the kind of money he will most certainly be offered. As long as it's not the NFC east I wish him all the best and hope we can offer him the most for his talents</P>

Before you assume anything check yourself. You spelled "wonderlic" incorrectly and your grammar leaves something to be desired. </P>

*I realize you put the (sp) in there but maybe do a quick search first. You do know how to do that don't you???</P>

*</P>

Wow what an unjustified attack on the message board to make you feel like a big man. What a dbag you are

GameTime
02-10-2012, 02:57 PM

I realize you put the (sp) in there but maybe do a quick search first. You do know how to do that don't you???</P>

</P>

Wow what an unjustified attack on the message board to make you feel like a big man. What a dbag you are</P>

Wasn't attacking you. I wasjust pointing out that you were questioning MM's intelligence and proceeded to make mistakes of your own. So who's the dbag???</P>

I am a ball buster and have been "schooled" on this board many times. If you have taken offense I apologize. Believe me, any comments I make on this board has nothing to do with making me feel or not feel like a big man. Its a message board for goodness sake. </P>

DemandedAce
02-10-2012, 03:02 PM
The sp means I don't know it's the correct spelling and I'm on an iPad which always autocorrects and I opted to put the sp instead of checking, sue me. Nothing was wrong with what I said plenty of people throw in sp daily the point is you added nothing to the thread but trying to call me out on a routine thing, not necessary.

GameTime
02-10-2012, 03:15 PM
The sp means I don't know it's the correct spelling and I'm on an iPad which always autocorrects and I opted to put the sp instead of checking, sue me. Nothing was wrong with what I said plenty of people throw in sp daily the point is you added nothing to the thread but trying to call me out on a routine thing, not necessary.</P>

I recognized you put the (sp) in there and I even commented on it. </P>

All good. I was just busting you. Sorry if you didn't see the humor in it..</P>

</P>

Giants10Joe
02-10-2012, 03:30 PM
I think it comes down to how much money gets thrown at him. If someone offers him a huge #1 WR type of contract it will be hard seeing him stay.

Obviously if a team thinks he's a #1 and pays him as such we can't fault him for leaving. The point I'm making is that if a team wants him as #2 or #3 and only outbids the Giants by a small amount, then I hope he comes back even if he's making less. There's nothing wrong with turning down a huge payday, but I do think that (for any free agent) the current team should be given a small handicap and be able to be outbid by a little bit and still win.

burier
02-10-2012, 03:31 PM

i'd like to keep him, but i want him to get paid more than i'd like to keep him.</P>

you'd like him to get paid more than you'd like to keep him?

What do you mean?

burier
02-10-2012, 03:38 PM
The sp means I don't know it's the correct spelling and I'm on an iPad which always autocorrects and I opted to put the sp instead of checking, sue me. Nothing was wrong with what I said plenty of people throw in sp daily the point is you added nothing to the thread but trying to call me out on a routine thing, not necessary.

The point really isn't (SP). The point is; who do you think you are seriously questioning a complete stranger's intelligence?

I realize you're not the only one to do on here but it really needs to stop. You don't know anything about that man's intellect.

As far as his wonderlic score, who knows? Maybe he's a poor test taker. Have you ever taken a wonderlic?

Between the people who think making dog jokes about Michael Vick is funny and the people who presume to know how smart or dumb Mario Manningham is the board has some real dirt bags on it.

NJGIANTinNC
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM
The main problem besides to lack of spell check
is the ...as evidenced... Seems to me that a thesaurus was needed.

on to other hand , in your defense.

Have you guys heard Mario behind a Microphone? His sentence structure is atrocious. His posts would be 1,000 times Worse. Not even comprehensible, by any means.

When they interviewed him on Media day dude sounded illiterate.
He made Emmitt Smith sound like Morgan Freeman

Great ball player though, when he runs to correct route.

Spedracer
02-10-2012, 04:13 PM

I actually feel the same. I want him to make some cash and have the opportunity to grow. I don't think he'll have that opportunity here though. Go Mario!

And by the way, Even though he might not sound like a professor in front of the camera, he did have one of the best postgame quotes of any player.

"...Eli is as cool as the other side of a pillow"

Sick.

JesseJames
02-10-2012, 06:11 PM
I want Manningham to stay too but if he decides to walk for more money than we can afford then I think it would be a good idea to try to bring back Steve Smith, he's an excellent clutch receiver who has better hands than Manningham and would come a lot cheaper and we probably wouldn't lose anything from our offense. Manningham is faster thats all..

GameTime
02-10-2012, 06:49 PM
I want Manningham to stay too but if he decides to walk for more money than we can afford then I think it would be a good idea to try to bring back Steve Smith, he's an excellent clutch receiver who has better hands than Manningham and would come a lot cheaper and we probably wouldn't lose anything from our offense. Manningham is faster thats all..</P>

different kind of receiver. No way SSmakes the catchedMM has. Dif skill set...</P>

</P>

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-10-2012, 07:17 PM

</P>Doh!! (sp??) Nope...DOH!!!