PDA

View Full Version : Eli gets SMASHED

Giants Of New Jersey
02-09-2012, 05:16 PM
Does Eli EVER get a roughing the passer call? The debacle in GB was a joke as far as what didnt get called for us and the roughing the passer that they were given. Did anyone see the shot Eli took (helmet to the chin) during the super bowl?

GmenFan1980
02-09-2012, 05:18 PM
sometimes he does.

bgblucru5656
02-09-2012, 05:22 PM
even though you are right, this is the funny part. WE DIDN'T NEED THE CALLS. we won the superbowl with determination and team work. maybe the OL needs to stiffen up. i remember 5 games i n a row, ELI didn't get touched because of his OL. then diehl came back and he allowed a sack. fix the OL, we get out DBs back next year and we MAKE ANOTHER RUN!!!!!! j/s

EliTE
02-09-2012, 06:07 PM
yea i forget when it happened but eli got grabbed from behind and then blasted helmet to helmet from the front, he basically got bent in half! eli is one tough dude.

i bet next year eli will start getting more calls hopefully since it seems he's getting more respect around the league now as an elite player.

TrueBlue10
02-09-2012, 06:08 PM
it is very odd that with all the shots Eli takes, he just doesn't seem to get that call the way others do. oh well. as long as he stays healthy and we keep winning, who cares?!? =)

NYBlue10
02-09-2012, 06:11 PM
Hopefully the officials will be more aware of Eli getting late hits because NFL protects their star QBs like nobody else, and Eli has now joined the list.

Tom Brady still has to whine and beg for them though.

M0rbid
02-09-2012, 06:20 PM
Giants are due for a fair officiating .They've won 2 Superbowls in 4 years, it's time for the league to wake up.

Drez
02-09-2012, 06:25 PM
Hopefully the officials will be more aware of Eli getting late hits because NFL protects their star QBs like nobody else, and Eli has now joined the list. Tom Brady still has to whine and beg for them though.</P>

I remember reading somewhere that Eli has roughing called on him among the least in the league. And I think your last line alludes to why... He doesn't (or only very, very rarely) throw a fuss when he gets hit. He just takes the lick, stands up,straightens his **** up, and heads back to the huddle.</P>

gmen46
02-09-2012, 06:41 PM
it is very odd that with all the shots Eli takes, he just doesn't seem to get that call the way others do.* oh well.* as long as he stays healthy and we keep winning, who cares?!? =)

LOVE the wallpapers

appletree943
02-09-2012, 06:47 PM
ima say the same thing that ppl say when we complain about Vick getting *smashed*

stop crying[:P]

giantsfan420
02-09-2012, 07:52 PM
ima say the same thing that ppl say when* we complain about Vick getting *smashed*

stop crying[:P]

no u got it confused. we were saying to vick to stop crying. eli has not once ever wined about not getting calls or holding press conferences going on and on bout "how I constantly be getting hit and ain't no flags man. I can't take the heat, so refs gots to be throwing flags when I be getting hit fair."

pretty sure every eagles fan spent 17 weeks crying about getting 18 late hit flags instead of the 15 he got.
eli is the least late hit flagged qb in the league, and he never mentioned it once even tho it is completely blatant often times. so we are going to mention it when another no call happens.

Harooni
02-09-2012, 08:04 PM
I hope this isn't a "refs are against us " thread. All teams have fans that feel that way. It's completely false.

Eli took shots in the 49ers game that were close to if not in fact roughing. Refs do miss calls they are humans. But there is no conspiracy.

Eli taking those shots were something I'll always remember and respect him for.