PDA

View Full Version : Depth Chart for next season

sunsgiants
02-09-2012, 05:19 PM
So now that we won and the season is over, I can't wait until kickoff in fall. So up until then we're all basically going to just going to speculate on who's going to stay and who's going to leave,so, why not start now? How do you think the depth chart (offense, defense) is going to be for next season? Maybe a better question would be who do you think will be on the roster for next season? All of this is obviously disregarding the upcoming draft so who do you think stays and who leaves? A complete depth chart or roster list would be nice :) just food for thought

krygny
02-10-2012, 12:10 AM
Speculating at this point is a complete waste of time. That's not to say we don't waste an astonishing amount of time here on the message board but you'd have a better chance of predicting the weather on opening day than who will or won't be on the team.

First they do player evaluations, rankings and try to figure out who they want to keep and who they think they can keep.

Then, free-agency starts in about two weeks. This year, it'll be a real ****-storm.

Then, there are combines and the draft.

Mini camps.

Training camp.

Pre-season games.

Final cuts.

Scrap-heap pickups.

Injuries and injured reserve.

Not to mention, that the Giants scouts and player evaluations department know what they're doing and most of the people who post on this message board are imbeciles. So, there's that.

sunsgiants
02-10-2012, 03:22 AM
Speculating at this point is a complete waste of time. That's not to say we don't waste an astonishing amount of time here on the message board but you'd have a better chance of predicting the weather on opening day than who will or won't be on the team.

First they do player evaluations, rankings and try to figure out who they want to keep and who they think they can keep.

Then, free-agency starts in about two weeks. This year, it'll be a real ****-storm.

Then, there are combines and the draft.

Mini camps.

Training camp.

Pre-season games.

Final cuts.

Scrap-heap pickups.

Injuries and injured reserve.

Not to mention, that the Giants scouts and player evaluations department know what they're doing and most of the people who post on this message board are imbeciles. So, there's that.

Fair enough, a better question might be who will be the starters in their respective positions?

giantsfan420
02-10-2012, 03:42 AM
eli
bradshaw
hynoski
nicks cruz pascoe
diehl snee baas boothe beatty

tuck joseph canty jpp
williams herzelich boley
webster prince
phillips rolle

thats who is on contract next year i believe.
g.jones might start over herz.

but yeah, this shuold give people some rest from the worrying that will engulf us here. that starting line up is as good as the one we fielded this year. we may add a better mlb and db, maybe t2 will start but prince is a nice fail safe.

we'll have to add a few role players for depth that will play alot, and of course we'll need to address the 3rd wr, but if mm leaves we still have talent.

im actually glad u made this post. their was too much uncertainty before i did this. all those players are guaranteed to be on our roster next season

giantsfan420
02-10-2012, 03:44 AM
eli
bradshaw
hynoski
nicks cruz pascoe
diehl snee baas boothe beatty

tuck joseph canty jpp
williams herzelich boley
webster prince
phillips rolle

thats who is on contract next year i believe.
g.jones might start over herz.

but yeah, this shuold give people some rest from the worrying that will engulf us here. that starting line up is as good as the one we fielded this year. we may add a better mlb and db, maybe t2 will start but prince is a nice fail safe.

we'll have to add a few role players for depth that will play alot, and of course we'll need to address the 3rd wr, but if mm leaves we still have talent.

im actually glad u made this post. their was too much uncertainty before i did this. all those players are guaranteed to be on our roster next season

if brewer is good enough to start next season, and we can field a solid mlb, te and slot wr/slot db we'll have an awesome core of players.

True 2 Blue
02-10-2012, 03:54 AM
QB: Eli Manning, David Carr
HB: Ahmad Bradshaw, Brandon Jacobs, Da'rel Scott
FB: Henry Hynoski
TE: Bear Pascoe
WR: Hakeem Nicks, Victor Cruz, Mario Manningham, Jerell Jernigan
OL: David Diehl, Kevin Boothe David Baas, Chris Snee, James Brewer
OL Bench: Kareem McKenzie, Will Beatty

DE: Justin Tuck, Osi Umenyiora, JPP
DT: Chris Canty, Linval Joseph, Marvin Austin, Rocky Bernard
DE/OLB: Mathias Kiwanuka
LB: Michael Boley, Jacquain Williams, Jon Goff, Chase Blackburn, Greg Jones
CB: Corey Webster, Terrell Thomas, Aaron Ross, Prince Amukamara
S: Antrell Rolle, Kenny Phillips, Chad Jones

K: Lawrence Tynes
P: Steve Weatherford

PUP: Jake Ballard, Travis Beckum

Between fre agaency and draft and UDFA there will be others added to this mix (please sign Scott Chandler)

Serg812
02-10-2012, 04:22 AM
QB: Eli, Carr
RB: Bradshaw, Jacobs, Scott, Brown
FB: Hynoski
WR: Nicks, Cruz, Jernigan, Thomas, rookie (5rd round)
TE: Pascoe, Ballard (PUP), rookie (2nd round), FA
LT: Diehl, Beatty, Ugoh
LG: Baas, Boothe
C: rookie (1st round), Boothe
RG: Snee, Petrus
RT: Brewer, FA

RE: JPP, Kiwi, rookie (3rd round)
DT: Linval, Canty, Austin, Parker
LE: Tuck, Tolly
OLB: Boley, Goff, Williams, Sintim, Deossie
MLB: Blackburn, Herzlich, rookie (6th round
CB: Webster, Prince, Ross, Witherspoon, FA
FS: Rolle, Sash
SS: Phillips, FA, rookie (4th round)

I got us resigning Jacobs because he means a lot to the team and the players. Don't want to see him go. Also choosing Andre Brown over Ware at RB. Players we part ways with are McKenzie, MM, T2, Grant, Ware. Baas' original position is guard, I think we should give him a shot against Boothe in camp for the LG spot. Rookie center coming in and starting right away.

sunsgiants
02-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Do you really think Chad Jones will be ready by next season and although he's a feel good story, do you think he can play football like he used to?

I think this is the season where they let KMac go and maybe draft another O-lineman as he was constantly getting beat. I really can't wait to see Austin pan out; everyone tells me he's a beast.

krygny
02-10-2012, 02:00 PM
After just winning another Super Bowl, I wouldn't mind if we kept our powder dry for a year, clear some cap space and go all out in 2013.

Can you imagine how insane Jerry Jones would be if the Giants went to the Super Bowl in their own building? That was his dream in 2010 and the Cowboys crashed and burned.

sunsgiants
02-10-2012, 04:27 PM

I got us resigning Jacobs because he means a lot to the team and the players. Don't want to see him go. Also choosing Andre Brown over Ware at RB. Players we part ways with are McKenzie, MM, T2, Grant, Ware. Baas' original position is guard, I think we should give him a shot against Boothe in camp for the LG spot. Rookie center coming in and starting right away.

As much as I like Sintim, I think he's gone

sunsgiants
02-10-2012, 04:35 PM

Who's Parker?