PDA

View Full Version : one thing for sure, JPP > OSI

blueNorange
12-05-2011, 12:40 AM
the fact that jpp was lined up inside when osi came back was a joke. you can tell the difference , especially against the run with jpp starting.

Antwuan
12-05-2011, 12:57 AM
JPP is a beast and he is very good against the run.

Marvelousmik
12-05-2011, 01:00 AM
the fact that jpp was lined up inside when osi came back was a joke. you can tell the difference , especially against the run with jpp starting.

dont get me wrong, i think jpp is better. but wit all due respect id like to see jpp go against jason peters, like osi did

JMFP2
12-05-2011, 01:03 AM
Right now, there isn't a defensive end in the NFL that is more dangerous than JPP.

TheEnigma
12-05-2011, 01:04 AM

dont get me wrong, i think jpp is better. but wit all due respect id like to see jpp go against jason peters, like osi did
I think JPP would have a better chance against him. Peters is a pretty big dude for a LT but still has the feet for handling speed rushers. JPP has more strength at this point and using power against Peters might give better results.

JMFP2
12-05-2011, 01:05 AM

I think JPP would have a better chance against him. Peters is a pretty big dude for a LT but still has the feet for handling speed rushers. JPP has more strength at this point and using power against Peters might give better results.</P>

</P>

I remember game 1....JPP beat Peters, rushed Vick....Vick managed to avoid the rush....JPP turned around, pursued Vick all the way down the field, and clobbered Vick.</P>

Meanwhile, Peters had already given up on the play.</P>

Itlan
12-05-2011, 01:17 AM
It's not even JPP > Osi, it's JPP > Osi AND Tuck. When JPP & Osi were on the field, didn't they tally up something like 8 sacks in 3 games? When JPP was starting in place of Osi in the beginning of the year with Tuck, both were highly effective.

Then we go back to Osi/Tuck lineup and our pass rush falls apart. Now today, Osi is out and JPP is back in a starting role and the pass rush, at points, looked FEROCIOUS. He just does something to this d-line that neither of those two can do anymore. He plays inspired football!

RagTime Blue
12-05-2011, 01:27 AM
I wouldn't have said this at the start of training camp, but we have GOT to trade Osi. Nothing against him, but as long as he's suited-up, he's taking snaps at RDE away from JPP (mostly because our coaches value seniority over talent).

hungrrrry
12-05-2011, 07:33 AM
I really like Osi but I am not sure he has anything for the Giants...trade him and get what we can and let him finish up somewhere else...preferably in the AFC

GIANTSACK
12-05-2011, 07:36 AM
Jpp ability to stay in th passing lane when hes not trying to create pressure is amazing. I never seen a DE go or get that many PD in a one game alone.. hes like playing better then our 3rd corner right now. Throw in the relentless motor and freak athletic player and we have our team a true baller who should never be on the bench. If we do the coaches need to get pimp smack

RagingBlue
12-05-2011, 07:43 AM
Osi is not Strahan. Osi can't peform like he used to. Time to move on.

jcdogg
12-05-2011, 07:58 AM
im pretty sure tuck is not 100% and i dont think osi has been for a few weeks either all 3 of them are beast honestly

buddy33
12-05-2011, 08:01 AM
It was a joke they did it the 1st time and if Osi does play again this year they will do it again. Same thing with Boothe. He is clearly better than Baas. Every time he plays they run the ball better.

BK07071
12-05-2011, 08:24 AM

What game were you watching?? Osi didn't play at all, he is out with a sprained ankle and will be out several more weeks. My......how observant you are!

titwio
12-05-2011, 08:30 AM

JPP did go against Peters in week 3.

JPP stats for that game: 9tkls 7solo 2sacks 2 TFL with 2 QB hits.

Osi stats against Peters: 3tkls 3solo....That's it.

I'm not bashing Osi cause he still one of the best speed rushers in the game but, JPP has played better against top LT's. He destroyed Jordan Gross, Trent Williams and Jason Peters...To name a few.

hungrrrry
12-05-2011, 08:42 AM
It was a joke they did it the 1st time and if Osi does play again this year they will do it again. Same thing with Boothe. He is clearly better than Baas. Every time he plays they run the ball better.I agree at this point about Boothe...he looks odd but plays solid and dependably and he seems durable where Baas is not...at all! Petrus also did well (minus a couple penalties) and thus I will make a thread on it

SweetZombieJesus
12-05-2011, 09:49 AM
I'll refrain from bashing Osi (who is going to be gone, anyway) and just say JPP is going to be something very, very special. He's already well on his way.

JesseJames
12-05-2011, 10:32 AM
as soon as the season is over Osi will start his whining for more money and then it will be time to make a trade for him and put this crap to bed ..

GiantWarfare
12-05-2011, 11:42 AM
I'll refrain from bashing Osi (who is going to be gone, anyway) and just say JPP is going to be something very, very special. He's already well on his way.

+1

burier
12-05-2011, 11:43 AM
JPP > Osi and Tuck combined

burier
12-05-2011, 11:44 AM

Well Jason Peters ate Osi's lunch so I'm confused to your point.

Vorhees couldn't do any worse

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 11:46 AM
JPP is only going to get better....:)

burier
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM

What game were you watching?? Osi didn't play at all, he is out with a sprained ankle and will be out several more weeks. My......how observant you are!

HAHAHA!!! Reading is fundamental

gumby742
12-05-2011, 02:35 PM
JPP is only going to get better....:)

</P>

Which is downright scary. I'm stingy with our cap money, but if I'm going to splurge on any one guy on our defensive roster, it's him. Athletes/players like him don't come around often and as he gets older and stronger, he's just going to own anyone trying to block him.</P>

NoHuddle10
12-05-2011, 02:36 PM
JPP is the best player on our defense in my opinion.

And I really dont even think there is a close second at this point.

JPP is the future of this defense!

GIANTSACK
12-05-2011, 02:48 PM

Looks like hes also a better leader then tuck.. hesalways trying to pump guys up and waving his finger to get the crowd going.. does alll this while lining up..

GIANTSACK
12-05-2011, 02:50 PM

Looks like hes also a better leader than tuck.. hesalways trying to pump guys up and waving his finger to get the crowd going.. does alll this while lining up..

PrideofNY
12-05-2011, 04:34 PM

Didn't he do that in game 1? If I remember correctly he had a pretty darn good game back in week 3.

ibbill
12-05-2011, 04:41 PM
JPP is a beast and he is very good against the run.

JPP difference is he never takes a down off he goes 100% every play.

JesseJames
12-05-2011, 05:08 PM
next season Osi will most likely be gone and with Tucks injuries I'm not so sure we don't go for another DE in the very early rounds of next years draft...