PDA

View Full Version : "This is still a Cruz & Nick game make him throw to Manningham"

nyknstill!
02-09-2012, 07:27 PM
Perspective of the big guns in this offense. And a testament to how great Eli really is.

buffyblue
02-09-2012, 07:33 PM
Perspective of the big guns in this offense. And a testament to how great Eli really is.

He had to take the gamble he was most comfortable with. Remember earlier in the game on the other sideline Mario failed to get his feet in bounds.

What really cost Bill Bellichek was losing the timeout on the failed challenge. We can all thank Eli Manning for rushing him into that call and not really having time for the Patriots folks from above that look at the play and send down the recommendation. Eli rushed every up tpo the line and was going to get that snap off quick. If BB still had that timeout the Pats defense doesn’t part like the red sea and fights to keep it to just a field goal.

nyknstill!
02-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Eli effected that game so much. Cruz and Nicks are two names Belicheck just doesn't want to ever see again. Doubling them must have been a disaster. In that it was a pain for him.

I bet 100 times out of 100 BB still makes Rio beat him. I love the catch, but that throw was one of the best tight windows passes cover 2 has ever seen in the history of the Super Bowl.

buffyblue
02-10-2012, 06:12 AM
Eli effected that game so much. Cruz and Nicks are two names Belicheck just doesn't want to ever see again. Doubling them must have been a disaster. In that it was a pain for him.

I bet 100 times out of 100 BB still makes Rio beat him. I love the catch, but that throw was one of the best tight windows passes cover 2 has ever seen in the history of the Super Bowl.

In all fairness Mario Manningham does not keep his feet in bounds on that throw a good deal of the time.