PDA

View Full Version : MLB Curtis Lofton

GiantFanatic55
02-09-2012, 07:53 PM
I hope we sign this guy in free agency

The guy is a tackling machine...he was fifth in the league in tackles with 147

He's gonna be 26 this year and he has never missed a game in his 4 year career

Plus he played with Boley in 2008 so maybe he can persuade Lofton to sign with us

And if we could get him, we could worry about other positions of need in the draft like OL, TE and RB

SalsaCruz80
02-09-2012, 08:06 PM
love to but gotta get our own guys inked first.

won't be bad to go to war with boley, MK47, goff with jacq, chase, herzy and jones as backups

gmen0820
02-09-2012, 08:07 PM
Look he's good and all, and there are very very very good and solid and youthful players, but you can't give underestimate the heart of a champion, Chase Blackburn.

Blackburn will never be an all pro linebacker, he won't ever be the best in coverage, or the best in run support, but god damn will he give his heart out on a play and make sure everyone else does? Yes.

Let's find Grant's replacement in our heavy nickel first.

JJC7301
02-09-2012, 11:41 PM
I think we're good at LB, now. If there is an LB as best player available when we draft, then fine, but I don't think we need to break the bank on a FA for the position.

Kiwi, Blackburn / Goff, and Boley starting, with J.Williams and Herz backing up is looking pretty good now.

I'd rather see focus on the o-line and the secondary.

GiantWarfare
02-09-2012, 11:44 PM
OL would be my priority first n foremost

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 11:45 PM
I think we're good at LB, now. If there is an LB as best player available when we draft, then fine, but I don't think we need to break the bank on a FA for the position.

Kiwi, Blackburn / Goff, and Boley starting, with J.Williams and Herz backing up is looking pretty good now.

I'd rather see focus on the o-line and the secondary.I say get a stud in FA or Draft if its available and a big upgrade or won't cost us much.

I think our 2ndry is pretty solid. Webster, Prince (now healthy & experienced), Bruce Johnson coming back as a Nickel or 4th db. Then add T2 or Ross for a reasonable price. Otherwise draft/fa back up.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 11:46 PM
OL would be my priority first n foremostI am between Oline and even a TE.

egyptian420
02-09-2012, 11:51 PM
OL, TE or BPA the way I see it

JJC7301
02-09-2012, 11:52 PM

I'd rather see focus on the o-line and the secondary.I say get a stud in FA or Draft if its available and a big upgrade or won't cost us much.

I think our 2ndry is pretty solid. Webster, Prince (now healthy & experienced), Bruce Johnson coming back as a Nickel or 4th db. Then add T2 or Ross for a reasonable price. Otherwise draft/fa back up.
If we draft one, I'm cool with it. But as CDN was pointing out in another thread about cap space, FAs tend to hurt more agains the cap. I don't know why.

Believe me -- I've been screaming for upgrades at the LB position for years. Now I'm satisfied with it. I want Kiwi to stay at LB and Boley has been great. I'm satisfied with Goff / Blackburn and they're not expensive, but I'll take the upgrade in the draft if the right one is available.

GiantWarfare
02-09-2012, 11:52 PM

I keep hearing Fleener would be a legit possibility at 32 but im not so sure that we should go TE with our 1st round pick....

I'm leaning towards OL or LB

though at the end of the day, I think we'll go the BPA route

JJC7301
02-10-2012, 12:02 AM

I keep hearing Fleener would be a legit possibility at 32 but im not so sure that we should go TE with our 1st round pick....

I'm leaning towards OL or LB

though at the end of the day, I think we'll go the BPA route
BPA is ALWAYS the best route...especially with the 1st round pick. I'd love to see a player at ANY position (except QB) who was ranked in the top 20 drop to us at 32. Like how Prince dropped to us from top 10 to # 19 in 2011.

T-Murda84
02-10-2012, 12:05 AM
I hope we sign this guy in free agency

The guy is a tackling machine...he was fifth in the league in tackles with 147

He's gonna be 26 this year and he has never missed a game in his 4 year career

Plus he played with Boley in 2008 so maybe he can persuade Lofton to sign with us

And if we could get him, we could worry about other positions of need in the draft like OL, TE and RB

With what money? Victor Cruz needs a big payday....what about Kenny Phillips who played very well and still on his rookie contract. We still have to resign Manningham, Thomas, Goff.....can we afford to lose Aaron Ross who played well too and what about keeping Osi Umenyiora happy. I still think Osi and Cruz are important priorities this offseason. We can not afford to lose Osi...when Osi returned to the lineup, the defense looked much better. I was a huge Osi critic, but the man makes huge impact plays....and all these Defensive Ends are happy because we have a great rotation going. Even Kiwi likes his role...why mess that up. We dont have the money to make the free agent splash.....we gotta build through the draft and add young talent to this championship team.

bLuereverie
02-10-2012, 07:16 AM
Lofton will get paid well this offseason. But it won't be from the Giants.

tonyt830
02-10-2012, 07:32 AM
Lets take care of our FAs first and foremost.

A lot can happen between now and the draft. There are a lot of what ifs(Osi, Jacobs, Diehl, Ross, Goff, Thomas).

I think we need to address the TE position with Ballard and Beckum most likely missing the beginning of next season. If Reese feels Fleener or Allen are the BPA at 32, I'm all for it.

I would like to see LB addressed, especially if Kiwi is moved back up to DE. Again, another if.

And I know he is slowly progressing, but we still have Chad Jones on the roster. Maybe he can become the role that Deon Grant plays in our defense.

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 09:06 AM
With our cap space and so many of our own FA's it is going to be very hard to sign any big name FA's.

tdawg1413
02-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Our cap space right now will be different then what it is come the beginning of free agency. Contracts will be reworked and players will be released. We do not know how much we will be playing with at that point.