PDA

View Full Version : Would Moore's Missed PI Call On Manningham Been Talked About Forever...

SalsaCruz80
02-09-2012, 07:02 PM
if welker didn't have butterfingers?

PIERCEnumber58rules
02-09-2012, 07:14 PM
My guess would be "no." Just like their was very little media discussion of how poorly officiated the Green Bay divisional game was. No one ever talks about the Giants lack of execution as being a reason why the other team won. It's always just "the other team is better." Sorry but we played a far from perfect Super Bowl. We should've beat the Pats by three TD's. But the media won't acknowledge our lack of execution because it doesn't coincide with their "Giants got lucky again" storyline. It's really disrespectful, but who friggin cares. We're the champs, and we friggin deserve to be!

egyptian420
02-09-2012, 07:19 PM
Probably, along with the horrible call on Boothe, which Wilfork himself verified, was a terrible call.

It's amazing how many of these things happen every Sunday but it's never really noticed or talked about when you win. When you lose, it's a totally different story; specially if it's a close game.

jhamburg
02-09-2012, 07:34 PM
I like when the commentators said it wasn't PI because they didn't "grab and turn" his shoulder. I didn't realize you could grab a guy's arms and hold them down while he's trying to make a catch.

Tommy_Ribs
02-09-2012, 07:38 PM
Yes

However, the "HOLDING" penalty on Boothe would have been talked about even more. I am still furious about that one. He gets into Wilfork, turns him, and keeps his arms inside. It was a great block and the official calls a hold, because he isn't sure.

Everything evened out in this game though.

The officials missed calls, or called bad calls, but we put the ball on the ground three times and never turned it over.

So the Karma evened out.

However, keep this in your back pocket. If people say we got all the breaks, tell them ya we got breaks, but we needed them because the officials were blowing calls all game.

NYGRealityCheck
02-09-2012, 07:40 PM
The Refs on the field have to make real-time judgment calls on those (not review the play in slow motion to determine if he needs to throw the flag). In real-time, it will look like the defender makes the play just as the ball gets to the WR. Revis is the master at the timing in these type of situations and that's why he can "get away" with a lot of that stuff.

If the Refs review the play and still botch the call like vs. Packers, then that's a different story.

NYGRealityCheck
02-09-2012, 07:43 PM
Yes

However, the "HOLDING" penalty on Boothe would have been talked about even more.* I am still furious about that one.* He gets into Wilfork, turns him, and keeps his arms inside.* It was a great block and the official calls a hold, because he isn't sure.

The officials missed calls, or called bad calls, but we put the ball on the ground three times and never turned it over.

So the Karma evened out.

However, keep this in your back pocket.* If people say we got all the breaks, tell them ya we got breaks, but we needed them because the officials were blowing calls all game.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought Wilfork fell on his own there and got gifted with a holding call. What a joke.

Rofl, the replay on TV made that call look even worse.

Tommy_Ribs
02-10-2012, 01:50 PM
Yes

However, the "HOLDING" penalty on Boothe would have been talked about even more. I am still furious about that one. He gets into Wilfork, turns him, and keeps his arms inside. It was a great block and the official calls a hold, because he isn't sure.

So the Karma evened out.

However, keep this in your back pocket. If people say we got all the breaks, tell them ya we got breaks, but we needed them because the officials were blowing calls all game.

Glad I'm not the only one that thought Wilfork fell on his own there and got gifted with a holding call. What a joke.

Chris Snee gets called for this 4-5 times per season. He gets into a guy, turns him, pancakes him (Because he is great) and gets a holding penalty because he 'Took his guy to the ground'.

Ah ya, he took him to the ground b/c he's a frickin beast, not b/c he held anyone.

This happens 4-5 times per season.

The opposing players know though, they put him in the Pro-Bowl almost every single year. Boothe has the same kind of power as a run blocker.

bigblue4417
02-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Yes

So the Karma evened out.

Chris Snee gets called for this 4-5 times per season. He gets into a guy, turns him, pancakes him (Because he is great) and gets a holding penalty because he 'Took his guy to the ground'.

Ah ya, he took him to the ground b/c he's a frickin beast, not b/c he held anyone.

This happens 4-5 times per season.

The opposing players know though, they put him in the Pro-Bowl almost every single year. Boothe has the same kind of power as a run blocker.

Discussions among the officials are some of the best moments of Sound FX. When umpire Carl Paganelli flagged the Giants for holding Vince Wilfork (http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/2779/vince-wilfork),
Giants coach Tom Coughlin complained to Parry that it was a horrible
call, and the NFL Films microphones caught Parry questioning Paganelli
about whether he really had a good angle on it. It was too late to do
anything about it, but Paganelli wanted to double-check, so he
approached Wilfork during a break in the action and asked, did you
really get held? That led to this exchange:</p>

Wilfork: “No, that was a bad call.”

Paganelli: “Why didn’t you tell me that before I threw it?”

Wilfork: “Because for the ones you guys missed, I deserve one.”</p>

eastbayblue
02-10-2012, 01:56 PM
The Refs on the field have to make real-time judgment calls on those (not review the play in slow motion to determine if he needs to throw the flag). In real-time, it will look like the defender makes the play just as the ball gets to the WR. Revis is the master at the timing in these type of situations and that's why he can "get away" with a lot of that stuff.

If the Refs review the play and still botch the call like vs. Packers, then that's a different story.

Sorry but this is the Super Bowl, you don't call holding especially on a running play unless it's completely obvious!!! You let them play!!