PDA

View Full Version : 58 seconds from a coin toss!

53canton
12-05-2011, 01:04 AM
And the damn defense couldnt make a play! Disgusting!
Wasnt Blackmon a CB in college? The guy cant let anyone past him, especially with so little time left. He shows no skill at CB. But the whole D didnt help either, in the last minute! Such a waste......

Overdrive92
12-05-2011, 01:06 AM
I was a little surprised how much they used Blackmon at CB considering we just signed him this week, and we do have guys like Webster, Ross, and Prince.

GiantWarfare
12-05-2011, 01:09 AM
i feel your pain bro, buts it over...so might as well move past it all...

No need to fret, it was as painful a loss as any considering we had a chance to do the impossible this season but we have a shot to get into the playoffs and it starts w/ Dallas.

The season ain't over till the fat lady sings, and the earliest she'll be able to sing (if she does at all) is by next week...

jhamburg
12-05-2011, 01:16 AM
I was a little surprised how much they used Blackmon at CB considering we just signed him this week, and we do have guys like Webster, Ross, and Prince.

Just one year I want us to have a healthy secondary, I am so tired of seeing all these jobbers getting burned. That TT injury absolutely ruined our season.

G-FanFromDurham
12-05-2011, 01:25 AM
Yes, loosin g TT has really hurt. Reese and management have had enough time to get somebody better than Blackmon. What's the problem? Are they too cheap to pay for better replacements??? Why did they draft Sash and not try him yet.?

jhamburg
12-05-2011, 01:55 AM
Yes, loosin g TT has really hurt. Reese and management have had enough time to get somebody better than Blackmon. What's the problem? Are they too cheap to pay for better replacements??? Why did they draft Sash and not try him yet.?

Sash is a safety, not a CB. He actually was out there when KP was hurt today.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 01:57 AM
they had a chance 2 run the clock down, but they didn't, had me going crazy. Before 2 min warning they ran a play, made no sense.

Also T2 got burned a bit. He was not as great as ppl make(made) him out to be. Obviously better upgrade then a rookie & and one else behind him.

egyptian420
12-05-2011, 02:06 AM
At such a crucial point in the game too....how can you expect Rodgers not to make a play like that on Blackmon? Ridiculous.....I hope we see less of him on defense next game

Redeyejedi
12-05-2011, 02:08 AM
I was a little surprised how much they used Blackmon at CB considering we just signed him this week, and we do have guys like Webster, Ross, and Prince.The Packers have way more then 3 capable receivers.Its not like those guys werent on the field as well

jhamburg
12-05-2011, 02:13 AM
I was a little surprised how much they used Blackmon at CB considering we just signed him this week, and we do have guys like Webster, Ross, and Prince.The Packers have way more then 3 capable receivers.Its not like those guys werent on the field as well

Yeabut Nelson is probably their 2nd best receiver and we had like our 5th best CB on him.

BigBlueFanNJ
12-05-2011, 06:23 AM
I think the defense as a whole on that last drive fell asleep.

I think they took the field on that drive with the belief that GB would play for the overtime and when they didn't and came out throwing down the field they could not recover.

Piss poor defense all around as usual and that last drive was pathetic!!

RobCarpenter
12-05-2011, 08:47 AM
I think the defense as a whole on that last drive fell asleep. I think they took the field on that drive with the belief that GB would play for the overtime and when they didn't and came out throwing down the field they could not recover. Piss poor defense all around as usual and that last drive was pathetic!!</P>

Agree.</P>

That last drive by GB was by far the most disappointing part of the game. The Defense just needed to make a stop...and they offered virtually no resistance. It was a pathetic finish to a great game. </P>

This teams LB's and Secondary have been poor in coverage all year. I think we really miss TT and we need an upgrade at Safety. </P>

buddy33
12-05-2011, 08:56 AM
The offense should not have throw twice with 1st and goal and with under 2 minutes left. They only used about 5 second in those plays.

Who ever had the ball last was winning that game.

Some of you guys are funny. It's Rogers, the best player in the NFL, picking on a rookie and a guy who was sitting home last week. That was a tough spot for the defense to in with the players they had out there. Maybe if Prince was out there or maybe if the pressure was a step closer, they came real close, they make a stop.

You know what else might have helped? Not making a horrible challenge and not waiting a time out after a big play.

Moss#83
12-05-2011, 09:24 AM
The offense should not have throw twice with 1st and goal and with under 2 minutes left. They only used about 5 second in those plays. .LOL, I wish they ran one of those plays but I cannot fault the offense for scoring with 58 seconds left. LOL, they had to score 8 and they did. It doesn't matter how much time was left on the clock because it is the defense's responsibility to make a hold no matter what.

Offense has a job to try and score. They are not focusing on "OMG we cannot score to quick and put Rodgers back on the field." The defense has to worry about it.

Once again, the Giants O did their job only to be let down by the defense.

Redeyejedi
12-05-2011, 09:31 AM
The offense should not have throw twice with 1st and goal and with under 2 minutes left. They only used about 5 second in those plays. .LOL, I wish they ran one of those plays but I cannot fault the offense for scoring with 58 seconds left. LOL, they had to score 8 and they did. It doesn't matter how much time was left on the clock because it is the defense's responsibility to make a hold no matter what. Offense has a job to try and score. They are not focusing on "OMG we cannot score to quick and put Rodgers back on the field." The defense has to worry about it. Once again, the Giants O did their job only to be let down by the defense.How many would of *****ed if they didnt get the 2 points and they ran the clock out and couldnt kick an onsides kick.They would of complained about that as well. I love how people complain about Fewells zone defense and 3 man rushes when he was playing man and rushing 5 on the last drive

miked1958
12-05-2011, 09:33 AM
i feel your pain bro, buts it over...so might as well move past it all...

No need to fret, it was as painful a loss as any considering we had a chance to do the impossible this season but we have a shot to get into the playoffs and it starts w/ Dallas.

The season ain't over till the fat lady sings, and the earliest she'll be able to sing (if she does at all) is by next week...
</P>

she cant even sing next week because dallas lost to. so dallas cant clinch next sunday night even if they beat us</P>

miked1958
12-05-2011, 09:36 AM
they had a chance 2 run the clock down, but they didn't, had me going crazy. Before 2 min warning they ran a play, made no sense. Also T2 got burned a bit. He was not as great as ppl make(made) him out to be. Obviously better upgrade then a rookie &amp; and one else behind him.</P>

well in all fairness at that point u are down 8 and doing everything u can to try and get the TD to get to the 2pter. And that meant snaping it quick prior to 2m warning to get extra play in. At that point they were not thinking about running down the clock. just tieing it. guess they figured if they scored quick enough and missed the 2 point try they could do onsides kick and maybe get ball back with enough time for another try. I understand what you are saying, try and score and dont leave them anytime, but in that situation you are scrambling to get in the endzone as quick as you can</P>

miked1958
12-05-2011, 09:39 AM
The offense should not have throw twice with 1st and goal and with under 2 minutes left. They only used about 5 second in those plays. .LOL, I wish they ran one of those plays but I cannot fault the offense for scoring with 58 seconds left. LOL, they had to score 8 and they did. It doesn't matter how much time was left on the clock because it is the defense's responsibility to make a hold no matter what. Offense has a job to try and score. They are not focusing on "OMG we cannot score to quick and put Rodgers back on the field." The defense has to worry about it. Once again, the Giants O did their job only to be let down by the defense.How many would of *****ed if they didnt get the 2 points and they ran the clock out and couldnt kick an onsides kick.They would of complained about that as well. I love how people complain about Fewells zone defense and 3 man rushes when he was playing man and rushing 5 on the last drive</P>

This...</P>

exactly what i am saying. you cant run that clock all the way down in case u dont get the 2pointer. in that situation you have to rush it to try and score as quick as possible which is why rushed to get another play in before the 2m warning instead of letting it run down.</P>

miked1958
12-05-2011, 09:41 AM
And the damn defense couldnt make a play! Disgusting! Wasnt Blackmon a CB in college? The guy cant let anyone past him, especially with so little time left. He shows no skill at CB. But the whole D didnt help either, in the last minute! Such a waste......</P>

It wasnt even really 58 seconds. it was more like 10seconds. Rodgers himself said in a Tweet that if they didnt gain some good positive yards on first down they prob would have just went ahead and ran out the clock to get to OT. Not wanting to risk a turnover down there. So they really only had to defend that first down.. if its a very short gain they maybe let it run. if incomplete they prob run 1 more play.. </P>

Also i called pick 6 for a giants win right before the first down and J Williams went for it but it turned out to be a bad choice giving up a huge play. </P>

FLNYGFAN
12-05-2011, 10:34 AM
Williams made a real aggressive play on the first pass. Came real close to a pick 6, but it cost the team another 15-20 yards.

buddy33
12-05-2011, 10:50 AM
The offense should not have throw twice with 1st and goal and with under 2 minutes left. They only used about 5 second in those plays. .LOL, I wish they ran one of those plays but I cannot fault the offense for scoring with 58 seconds left. LOL, they had to score 8 and they did. It doesn't matter how much time was left on the clock because it is the defense's responsibility to make a hold no matter what. Offense has a job to try and score. They are not focusing on "OMG we cannot score to quick and put Rodgers back on the field." The defense has to
worry about it. Once again, the Giants O did their job only to be
let down by the defense.How many would of *****ed if
they didnt get the 2 points and they ran the clock out and couldnt kick an onsides kick.They would of complained about that as well. I love how people complain about Fewells zone defense and 3 man rushes when he was playing man and rushing 5 on the last drive

Yeah, but I think I would have taken my chances keeping Rogers off the field. I mean what are the odds of getting an on sides kick. Probably a lot more likely to make a 2 point conversion no?

Maybe the Giants should have just did an on sides kick themselves. I also thought maybe they would have just let them score after the Nelson catch. At least they would have hard about 30 seconds left and a TO.

miked1958
12-05-2011, 10:55 AM
The offense should not have throw twice with 1st and goal and with under 2 minutes left. They only used about 5 second in those plays. .LOL, I wish they ran one of those plays but I cannot fault the offense for scoring with 58 seconds left. LOL, they had to score 8 and they did. It doesn't matter how much time was left on the clock because it is the defense's responsibility to make a hold no matter what. Offense has a job to try and score. They are not focusing on "OMG we cannot score to quick and put Rodgers back on the field." The defense has to worry about it. Once again, the Giants O did their job only to be let down by the defense.How many would of *****ed if they didnt get the 2 points and they ran the clock out and couldnt kick an onsides kick.They would of complained about that as well. I love how people complain about Fewells zone defense and 3 man rushes when he was playing man and rushing 5 on the last drive Yeah, but I think I would have taken my chances keeping Rogers off the field. I mean what are the odds of getting an on sides kick. Probably a lot more likely to make a 2 point conversion no? Maybe the Giants should have just did an on sides kick themselves. I also thought maybe they would have just let them score after the Nelson catch. At least they would have hard about 30 seconds left and a TO.</P>

you know... that would have caught them totally off guard. they never would have expected an onsides kick with 58ticks left .. if we dont get it and they win,. well. we are fighting for our lives and it would h ave been a good risk imo</P>

burier
12-05-2011, 10:56 AM
The offense should not have throw twice with 1st and goal and with under 2 minutes left. They only used about 5 second in those plays.

Who ever had the ball last was winning that game.

Some of you guys are funny. It's Rogers, the best player in the NFL, picking on a rookie and a guy who was sitting home last week. That was a tough spot for the defense to in with the players they had out there. Maybe if Prince was out there or maybe if the pressure was a step closer, they came real close, they make a stop.

You know what else might have helped? Not making a horrible challenge and not waiting a time out after a big play.

Give it a rest dude...our defense has taken on the persona of its captain:

Soft and completely unclutch.

THEMASTER
12-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I think the defense as a whole on that last drive fell asleep. I think they took the field on that drive with the belief that GB would play for the overtime and when they didn't and came out throwing down the field they could not recover. Piss poor defense all around as usual and that last drive was pathetic!!</P>

It was the scheme, the pash rush was on, so lots of man coverages, and they beat the LBs....the rush was a second or less away from making contact with Rodgers, its a game of inches.......A dime with a spy in the middle would have been more effective, make them run instead of passing downfield......reference, the Broncos who made the play to get the win opportunity.....outcoached and outplayed.....</P>

Moss#83
12-05-2011, 11:25 AM
The offense should not have throw twice with 1st and goal and with under 2 minutes left. They only used about 5 second in those plays. .LOL, I wish they ran one of those plays but I cannot fault the offense for scoring with 58 seconds left. LOL, they had to score 8 and they did. It doesn't matter how much time was left on the clock because it is the defense's responsibility to make a hold no matter what. Offense has a job to try and score. They are not focusing on "OMG we cannot score to quick and put Rodgers back on the field." The defense has to
worry about it. Once again, the Giants O did their job only to be
let down by the defense.How many would of *****ed if
they didnt get the 2 points and they ran the clock out and couldnt kick an onsides kick.They would of complained about that as well. I love how people complain about Fewells zone defense and 3 man rushes when he was playing man and rushing 5 on the last drive

Yeah, but I think I would have taken my chances keeping Rogers off the field. I mean what are the odds of getting an on sides kick. Probably a lot more likely to make a 2 point conversion no?

Maybe the Giants should have just did an on sides kick themselves. I also thought maybe they would have just let them score after the Nelson catch. At least they would have hard about 30 seconds left and a TO.I like my chances with trying to score ASAP and then asking the defense to do what they are paid to do.

DragonSoul
12-05-2011, 11:34 AM
they had a chance 2 run the clock down, but they didn't, had me going crazy. Before 2 min warning they ran a play, made no sense. Also T2 got burned a bit. He was not as great as ppl make(made) him out to be. Obviously better upgrade then a rookie & and one else behind him.</P>

well in all fairness at that point u are down 8 and doing everything u can to try and get the TD to get to the 2pter. And that meant snaping it quick prior to 2m warning to get extra play in. At that point they were not thinking about running down the clock. just tieing it. guess they figured if they scored quick enough and missed the 2 point try they could do onsides kick and maybe get ball back with enough time for another try. I understand what you are saying, try and score and dont leave them anytime, but in that situation you are scrambling to get in the endzone as quick as you can</P>with 2 minutes left after the 2 min warning around the 20 is more then enough time.

It was bad management. Normally they area good at those things, but not this game. Eagles fan was attaching game next to me and asked if they will take it to the 2 min warning. I said I hope. He also asked what will the Giants do on the 3rd down. I said let me see the formation and I will tell you. Saw the formation, and called the HB Draw. What a Freaking shock. Bigger Shock is that it actually worked...

compaqnigg
12-05-2011, 01:43 PM
they had a chance 2 run the clock down, but they didn't, had me going crazy. <font size="4" color="#FF0000">Before 2 min warning they ran a play, made no sense.</font>

Also T2 got burned a bit. I agree with the original poster AND this. When this occurred in the game I was questioning what they were doing. This goes against all conventional thinking. It was like the Giants were trying to score with 2 minutes left. No matter how you look at it, its a double edge sword. You need to get 8 points but you also don't want to leave much time left on the clock. I personally think the most logical thing to do is get yourself in a situation where you try scoring the touchdown with about 30 seconds left. That way if you can't get the 2 point conversion you can TRY an onside kick. Now the percentage of onside kicks are much lower than getting a successful 2 point conversion. That's why I think you should have the mentality of: "If you don't get the 2 point conversion we deserve to lose". If you leave around 30 seconds on the clock that gives your team the chance to recover the onside kick and make a few plays down the field for a field goal. But leaving 30 seconds on the clock leaves a very low amount of time left for the other team if you are successful with the two point conversion. ESPECIALLY if you squib kick or force them to return the kick off (rather than let them down it and preserve time).

That's the difference from a mediocre coach and a hall of fame: "I am legend, you watch how its done" sort of coach. I'm not saying Coughlin is at fault, but the coaches as a whole made some BAD decisions.

Drez
12-05-2011, 02:58 PM
Yes, loosin g TT has really hurt. Reese and management have had enough time to get somebody better than Blackmon. What's the problem? Are they too cheap to pay for better replacements??? Why did they draft Sash and not try him yet.?</P>

You do realize that we have FIVE cornerbacks on injured reserve, right?</P>

It isn't that JR hasn't been able to find anyone else, it's just that everybody he finds ends up hurt, too.</P>

Justin Tryon
Michael Coe
Brian Witherspoon
Bruce Johnson

All those guys were once considered part of our depth (potentially, as some had been injured in preseason, too).</P>

Not to mention that our 1st round draft pick CB had missed the first 9 or so games with injury.</P>

The fact that we had to rely so much on a guy we just signed this week shows how much even the depth has been depleted.</P>

And, yeah, as it's been said, Sash is a safety, and iirc, he was filling in for KP.</P>

Drez
12-05-2011, 03:02 PM
they had a chance 2 run the clock down, but they didn't, had me going crazy. <FONT color=#ff0000 size=4>Before 2 min warning they ran a play, made no sense.</FONT> Also T2 got burned a bit. I agree with the original poster AND this. When this occurred in the game I was questioning what they were doing. This goes against all conventional thinking. It was like the Giants were trying to score with 2 minutes left. No matter how you look at it, its a double edge sword. You need to get 8 points but you also don't want to leave much time left on the clock. I personally think the most logical thing to do is get yourself in a situation where you try scoring the touchdown with about 30 seconds left. That way if you can't get the 2 point conversion you can TRY an onside kick. Now the percentage of onside kicks are much lower than getting a successful 2 point conversion. That's why I think you should have the mentality of: "If you don't get the 2 point conversion we deserve to lose". If you leave around 30 seconds on the clock that gives your team the chance to recover the onside kick and make a few plays down the field for a field goal. But leaving 30 seconds on the clock leaves a very low amount of time left for the other team if you are successful with the two point conversion. ESPECIALLY if you squib kick or force them to return the kick off (rather than let them down it and preserve time).

That's the difference from a mediocre coach and a hall of fame: "I am legend, you watch how its done" sort of coach. I'm not saying Coughlin is at fault, but the coaches as a whole made some BAD decisions.
</P>

Here's the fault with that logic...</P>

GB got into FG range in 2 plays that took a grand total of 14 seconds off the clock. </P>

Your defense has got to hold and make a stop or twoin a tie game with under a minute left. #endofstory</P>