PDA

View Full Version : I'm predicting another brutal schedule next year.

pino
02-09-2012, 09:06 PM
Of course, nothing is certain until we are well into the season...

Home: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers

Away: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals

Six playoff teams, not to mention our division (which was better than their record indicated imo) and the Bengals and Panthers are no pushovers either. The Browns are really the only "easy" opponent on next years schedule.

Rudyy
02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
What about the Bucs?

tonyt830
02-09-2012, 09:15 PM
Of course, nothing is certain until we are well into the season... Home: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers Away: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals Six playoff teams, not to mention our division (which was better than their record indicated imo) and the Bengals and Panthers are no pushovers either. The Browns are really the only "easy" opponent on next years schedule.Like you said, nothing will come easy. Who knows what any of these teams look like once the season starts and at the time we play them. FA, the draft, any coaching changesand injuries all will be a factor in how good or not so good they are. But you just play the games you are dealt. The Giants need to take care of their divisional opponents first and foremost. Everybody will be gunning for them. In todays NFL, its very hard to repeat.</P>

</P>

</P>

One plus on the schedule, at least the Giants are at home when they play the Saints this year!</P>

pino
02-09-2012, 09:20 PM
One plus on the schedule, at least the Giants are at home when they play the Saints this year!</P>

Very small comfort! But we are due to get revenge one day.

jhamburg
02-09-2012, 09:28 PM
What about the Bucs?

Probably the easiest game on the schedule. They got blown out the entire second half of the season.

miked1958
02-10-2012, 06:29 AM

Home: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, New Orleans Saints, Tampa Bay Buccaneers, Green Bay Packers, Cleveland Browns, Pittsburgh Steelers

Away: Dallas Cowboys, Philadelphia Eagles, Washington Redskins, Atlanta Falcons, Carolina Panthers, San Francisco 49ers, Baltimore Ravens, Cincinnati Bengals

Six playoff teams, not to mention our division (which was better than their record indicated imo) and the Bengals and Panthers are no pushovers either. The Browns are really the only "easy" opponent on next years schedule.
Depends on how they lay it out. Hopefully they don't string all whole bunch of really good playoff teams back to back like last year. Space it out. I think we have earned it

bLuereverie
02-10-2012, 06:54 AM
Well no excuses anymore. If they make the playoffs, then they have earned it.

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 09:08 AM
On paper it looks brutal.

Redeyejedi
02-10-2012, 09:28 AM
Actually its 7 Playoff Teams

Steelers
Ravens
Bengals

Packers
49ers
Falcons
Saints

The Giants are playing the 2 most difficult divisions in my estimation in the same year.
I expect the Panthers to be a much better football team as well. Making the playoffs will not be easy. The Giants schedule will most likely grade out as the most difficult in the NFL. Are NFC East buddies will all face 5 playoff teams

jhamburg
02-10-2012, 10:44 AM

Depends on how they lay it out. Hopefully they don't string all whole bunch of really good playoff teams back to back like last year. Space it out. I think we have earned it

Well we'll have a tough game week 1 and then half a bye week, which is nice. I'm tired of having this team start 5-0 and still having no idea whether we're good or not.

GCGiant
02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
Guess we're all gonna be sitting on the edge of our seats for 20 more straight games...

b_ELI_eve
02-10-2012, 10:57 AM
It is a big help that we get the Saints at home. I can barely even watch when we play in the Superdome

BlueBlitzer
02-10-2012, 11:04 AM
Oh man I hope not. Too many nail biters. But with playing those AFC and NFC Divisions, we cannot afford to lose the ones we should beat.( Skins, Bucs, Browns come to mind )

Toadofsteel
02-10-2012, 11:12 AM
It's a good thing that we face the saints at home this year, especially considering they have Spags on their side now. I hope that game is in december, on a really cold night.

Carolina is also going to be a big game. As good as Cam Newton was last year, remember he was still a rookie in a league that chews up rookies like crazy...

MikeIsaGiant
02-10-2012, 11:29 AM
This season looks the most fun too.

I can't wait to play Baltimore, Pitt, Carolina, TB.

It's going to be a fun season, just hope the Giants are ready and prepared for a brutal season

BlueBlitzer
02-10-2012, 11:33 AM
Wouldn't Big Blue and Steelers be a great Thursday night game opener ?

MikeIsaGiant
02-10-2012, 11:34 AM
Wouldn't Big Blue and Steelers be a great Thursday night game opener ?

I was telling my friend that, I thought it'd be a sweet Thursday night game opener.

I'm just happy we're starting the season :D

lnp12
02-10-2012, 11:46 AM
It is a big help that we get the Saints at home. I can barely even watch when we play in the Superdome +1
Also, if they get to the super bowl they're basically golden.

DaKraken
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM

You know what - no shying away from playing a dirty tough schedule. This group proved this year that they are probably better off being tested than gliding. Just bring it!

Pksoze
02-11-2012, 10:22 PM
No game will be easy...every team in our schedule will try to prove a point vs the Giants. Who would have thought that our first loss would be to the Browns last time the Giants were champs. I think our toughest game will be the 49ers game on the road.

East Coast Bias
02-11-2012, 11:17 PM
niners were a one hit wonder.No way Alex Smith can repeat the season he had this year.That defense is still mighty tough but next year the NFC west goes back into suck mode