PDA

View Full Version : Kurt Warner says Roethlisberger not a Hall of Famer, yet

bflo23
02-09-2012, 08:11 PM
<font color="#0000FF">http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/04/kurt-warner-says-roethlisberger-not-a-hall-of-famer-yet/</font> (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/02/04/kurt-warner-says-roethlisberger-not-a-hall-of-famer-yet/)

“I’m just waiting to see Ben as the guy that carries his team at some
point in time,” Warner said. “The fortunate thing for him is he hasn’t
had to do that. He carries them in the last two minutes. He makes
some key plays. [He's] phenomenal out of the pocket and ad-libbing.
But for me, if you go to the Hall of Fame, you have to be a guy who can
carry your team week in and week out as a quarterback. That’s my
opinion.”

When will Big Ben and Eli ever carry their team? lol........ little bit bitter from Ben beating him in the super bowl.

NYGRealityCheck
02-09-2012, 08:15 PM
Pardon me, is Kurt Warner in the NFL Hall of Fame?

Enough said...

GMenNY21
02-09-2012, 08:19 PM
LOL kurt Warner is just bashing guys who ethier took his job, or beat him in the super Bowl

byron
02-09-2012, 08:22 PM
man....

THE_New_York_Giants
02-09-2012, 08:27 PM
when is he gonna start bashing brady?

bflo23
02-09-2012, 08:30 PM
I would love to hear whether Warner believes that if he is a hall of famer..... He seems to have a very strict standard. I don't even like Big Ben but I have to give him some credit. I can definitely see Warner saying Big Ben isn't a hall of famer if Ben beat the Packers and got his 3rd SB championship.

GreenZone
02-09-2012, 08:42 PM

Enough said...

Hey "RealityCheck," who are you to evaluate Kurt Warner's opinion or who should be in the Hall? Have you Hall of Fame credentials? [;)]

For some who don't get NFL Network, Kurt is an air personality, helping fill many hours of space between the NFL seasons. Some seem to get the opinion he is getting quoted like he's only commented on these Hall of Fame positions and yet he also gives thousands of other opinions, good, bad or indifferent that are not quoted on something like, oh the Skip Bayless hour.

Neither Big Ben nor Easy Eli deserve to be in the Hall at this point of their careers. If anything, he could be accused of being master of the obvious.

bflo23
02-09-2012, 08:43 PM
kurt warner thinks a pro bowl is more impressive than a championship.

bg79
02-09-2012, 08:45 PM

Enough said...

Hey "RealityCheck," who are you to evaluate Kurt Warner's opinion or who should be in the Hall? Have you Hall of Fame credentials? [;)]

For some who don't get NFL Network, Kurt is an air personality, helping fill many hours of space between the NFL seasons. Some seem to get the opinion he is getting quoted like he's only commented on these Hall of Fame positions and yet he also gives thousands of other opinions, good, bad or indifferent that are not quoted on something like, oh the Skip Bayless hour.

Neither Big Ben nor Easy Eli deserve to be in the Hall at this point of their careers. If anything, he could be accused of being master of the obvious.

Be gone with that rational and sensible approach. That does not belong here... RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

TheEnigma
02-09-2012, 08:48 PM
Yeah, Kurt Warner is just some undrafted scrub who made two different franchises relevant again when he played for them and has appeared in 3 superbowls. How dare he say something that isn't entirely 100% positive about Eli.

Voldamort
02-09-2012, 08:50 PM
Ben and Eli will make IT! Kurt I play indoors dome boy will not!

NYGRealityCheck
02-09-2012, 08:53 PM

Enough said...

Be gone with that rational and sensible approach.* That does not belong here... RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Lol If it was up to me to determine who goes into the Hall of Face it would be ridiculously bias..

What is your name?

Did you ever play on the Giants?

Did you win a Superbowl with the Giants or have a winning season with the Giants?

Are you top 5 in any record books or Giants record books? (good records only)

If there's a no, try again next year...

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 08:56 PM
Actually in previous interviews he was putting Ben ahead of Eli if I am not mistaken. Unless it was another ANALysts hard to tell the difference as most parrot 1 another

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 08:57 PM
when is he gonna start bashing brady?I wouldn't hold your breath. Most are still on his jock strap.

CantBlameShockeyNow
02-09-2012, 09:00 PM

Enough said...

You are pardoned because Kurt is not yet eligible to be in the HOF.

NYGRealityCheck
02-09-2012, 09:02 PM

Enough said...

Of course, so how would he know what it takes to get into the HOF???? Everyone suddenly has to meet his criteria to get in for sure?

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Yeah, Kurt Warner is just some undrafted scrub who made two different franchises relevant again when he played for them and has appeared in 3 superbowls. How dare he say something that isn't entirely 100% positive about Eli.

the Rams team he had was stacked with great players and HOF(s). It was one of the 1st teams in the last 12 years that really became a pass happy team. He also played vs a horrible division & in a dome. But he did have that 1 very good year. And he lost another one that he was HIGHLY FAVORED.

I give him more credit in Arizona but again he did have another HOF in Fitz playing with him. Lets not forget another horrible division he was in & in a dome.

How did he do with his stop gap here? He was benched due to the exceeding sacks and fumbles he started to accrue as the season went on, and many forget the schedule that was waiting for us when he was benched.

4 of the 5 defenses Eli started his career against were top 5 defenses and one of the others was in the top 10. Which was also the toughest stretch any rookie qb had to face to start his career.

So they felt Eli wouldn't take as many sacks or fumbles, and get rid of the ball faster then Warner did. Those were the factors that caused him to be benched.

Also 1-2 for SBs for Warner. Eli 2-0, and one of those SB wins were vs the 18-0 Pats who were a top 5 defense. When Warner faced the Pats which had a better defense in those years, HE LOST.

Warner is far from perfect. He had a video on NFL.com debating this issue with Mike Lombardi and in that interview he started to reword (tone down) some of the things he said in the previous days

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 09:10 PM

Enough said...

You are pardoned because Kurt is not yet eligible to be in the HOF.I guess after all we CANBLAMESHOCKEYNOW (2nd coming of MESHAWN)

CantBlameShockeyNow
02-09-2012, 09:18 PM

Enough said...

You are pardoned because Kurt is not yet eligible to be in the HOF.I guess after all we CANBLAMESHOCKEYNOW (2nd coming of MESHAWN)

Tell that to Drew Brees.

CantBlameShockeyNow
02-09-2012, 09:32 PM

the Rams team he had was stacked with great players and HOF(s). It was one of the 1st teams in the last 12 years that really became a pass happy team. He also played vs a horrible division & in a dome. But he did have that 1 very good year. And he lost another one that he was HIGHLY FAVORED.

I give him more credit in Arizona but again he did have another HOF in Fitz playing with him. Lets not forget another horrible division he was in & in a dome.

How did he do with his stop gap here? He was benched due to the exceeding sacks and fumbles he started to accrue as the season went on, and many forget the schedule that was waiting for us when he was benched.

4 of the 5 defenses Eli started his career against were top 5 defenses and one of the others was in the top 10. Which was also the toughest stretch any rookie qb had to face to start his career.

So they felt Eli wouldn't take as many sacks or fumbles, and get rid of the ball faster then Warner did. Those were the factors that caused him to be benched.

Also 1-2 for SBs for Warner. Eli 2-0, and one of those SB wins were vs the 18-0 Pats who were a top 5 defense. When Warner faced the Pats which had a better defense in those years, HE LOST.

Warner is far from perfect. He had a video on NFL.com debating this issue with Mike Lombardi and in that interview he started to reword (tone down) some of the things he said in the previous days

How have the Cards and Rams done without Warner?

Fitz's TD's have practically been cut in half since KW left, and Bolden hasn't gotten near 1000 yards since he left the Cards.

Talk about horrible divisions...the NFC East had 1 team with a winning record this
year...lookout!

Warner just had bad luck...not getting a shot in the NFL until he was pushing 30...then breaking his hand his 2nd season and a season or two after that breaking a finger on his throwing hand a few seasons later realized a glove on his throwing hand helped...guess JC doesn't really return the love that KW gives him.

Drez
02-09-2012, 09:36 PM
Pardon me, is Kurt Warner in the NFL Hall of Fame? Enough said... You are pardoned because Kurt is not yet eligible to be in the HOF.I guess after all we CANBLAMESHOCKEYNOW (2nd coming of MESHAWN) Tell that to Drew Brees.</P>

Shokey put up number similar to Kevin Boss in NO. That's straight stud material right there. And Brees had to yell at Shockey on more than one occasion.</P>

Shockey was an overrated, diva ***** that didn't want to put the work in with his QB, would disappear from games when he wasn't forced the ball early, and threw temper tantrums when he wasn't getting the ball. He'd also frequently run the wrong routes and drop dead easy passes (remember the drop in the endzone against the Niners in '02, or any other of the counteless wide open passes he dropped?).</P>

So, yeah, to hell with Shockey. And he can be blamed.</P>

jomo
02-09-2012, 09:37 PM
What the heck did Warner eat over the week-end? .................and who cares? [:D]

Drez
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM
Yeah, Kurt Warner is just some undrafted scrub who made two different franchises relevant again when he played for them and has appeared in 3 superbowls. How dare he say something that isn't entirely 100% positive about Eli. the Rams team he had was stacked with great players and HOF(s). It was one of the 1st teams in the last 12 years that really became a pass happy team. He also played vs a horrible division &amp; in a dome. But he did have that 1 very good year. And he lost another one that he was HIGHLY FAVORED. I give him more credit in Arizona but again he did have another HOF in Fitz playing with him. Lets not forget another horrible division he was in &amp; in a dome. How did he do with his stop gap here? He was benched due to the exceeding sacks and fumbles he started to accrue as the season went on, and many forget the schedule that was waiting for us when he was benched. 4 of the 5 defenses Eli started his career against were top 5 defenses and one of the others was in the top 10. Which was also the toughest stretch any rookie qb had to face to start his career. So they felt Eli wouldn't take as many sacks or fumbles, and get rid of the ball faster then Warner did. Those were the factors that caused him to be benched. Also 1-2 for SBs for Warner. Eli 2-0, and one of those SB wins were vs the 18-0 Pats who were a top 5 defense. When Warner faced the Pats which had a better defense in those years, HE LOST. Warner is far from perfect. He had a video on NFL.com debating this issue with Mike Lombardi and in that interview he started to reword (tone down) some of the things he said in the previous days How have the Cards and Rams done without Warner? Fitz's TD's have practically been cut in half since KW left, and Bolden hasn't gotten near 1000 yards since he left the Cards. Talk about horrible divisions...the NFC East had 1 team with a winning record this year...lookout! Warner just had bad luck...not getting a shot in the NFL until he was pushing 30...then breaking his hand his 2nd season and a season or two after that breaking a finger on his throwing hand a few seasons later realized a glove on his throwing hand helped...guess JC doesn't really return the love that KW gives him.</P>

Warner was a system QB that needed ideal conditions to be successful.</P>

TheEnigma
02-09-2012, 09:38 PM

Warner is far from perfect. He had a video on NFL.com debating this issue with Mike Lombardi and in that interview he started to reword (tone down) some of the things he said in the previous daysKurt Warner was still an instrumental part of that team. Who knows how they would of done with another QB but I think you're downplaying the great play of a man who was bagging groceries before leading one of the best offenses in NFL history.

I'll grant you the division point but just because he played in a dome doesn't make his accomplishments that much easier to perform. He did play in road games too.

He had Fitzgerald in Arizona and who else? Boldin isn't shabby but our WR trio is better than what he had in 08 with the Cardinals. Even then, we're talking about taking a team that had nothing noteworthy in their history and almost giving them their first SB victory. I'd say his success in Arizona proves he wasn't just leeching off the success of his awesome Rams team.

Warner was really never given a full season to show how he would of worked out here in a permanent sense but I stand by the notion that he wasn't a good fit for this team and the offense it ran at the time.

Warner played in 3 Superbowls and was a major piece in all of them. He lost to a Patriots team in 01 where his entire team didn't play their best game and then the loss to the Steelers was just a phenomenal performance by Big Ben.

So not sure why we're suddenly comparing Eli and Warner but why are people upset with Warner saying Eli isn't a lock NOW? All he said is that Eli needs a few more seasons of consistent play and that should do it. Eli's first few seasons and 2010 weren't bright spots on his resume so I'm inclined to agree with Warner at this point.

I think people are just upset because Warner didn't say something 100% positive about Eli and are trying to say he's bitter about his time in NY. Please, that isn't in Warner's character at all.

Eli will probably end up having the better overall career when it's all said and done but please don't downplay the success of an undrafted QB who wasn't ever suppose to amount to anything.

CantBlameShockeyNow
02-09-2012, 09:39 PM
Pardon me, is Kurt Warner in the NFL Hall of Fame? Enough said... You are pardoned because Kurt is not yet eligible to be in the HOF.I guess after all we CANBLAMESHOCKEYNOW (2nd coming of MESHAWN) Tell that to Drew Brees.</P>

Shokey put up number similar to Kevin Boss in NO. That's straight stud material right there. And Brees had to yell at Shockey on more than one occasion.</P>

Shockey was an overrated, diva ***** that didn't want to put the work in with his QB, would disappear from games when he wasn't forced the ball early, and threw temper tantrums when he wasn't getting the ball. He'd also frequently run the wrong routes and drop dead easy passes (remember the drop in the endzone against the Niners in '02, or any other of the counteless wide open passes he dropped?).</P>

So, yeah, to hell with Shockey. And he can be blamed.</P>

The drop in '02 was absolutely horrific.

GiantWarfare
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
first Eli, now Ben?

Damn, Kurt....you must have a grudge or something...lol...

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 10:11 PM

Warner is far from perfect. He had a video on NFL.com debating this issue with Mike Lombardi and in that interview he started to reword (tone down) some of the things he said in the previous daysKurt Warner was still an instrumental part of that team. Who knows how they would of done with another QB but I think you're downplaying the great play of a man who was bagging groceries before leading one of the best offenses in NFL history.

I'll grant you the division point but just because he played in a dome doesn't make his accomplishments that much easier to perform. He did play in road games too.

He had Fitzgerald in Arizona and who else? Boldin isn't shabby but our WR trio is better than what he had in 08 with the Cardinals. Even then, we're talking about taking a team that had nothing noteworthy in their history and almost giving them their first SB victory. I'd say his success in Arizona proves he wasn't just leeching off the success of his awesome Rams team.

Warner was really never given a full season to show how he would of worked out here in a permanent sense but I stand by the notion that he wasn't a good fit for this team and the offense it ran at the time.

Warner played in 3 Superbowls and was a major piece in all of them. He lost to a Patriots team in 01 where his entire team didn't play their best game and then the loss to the Steelers was just a phenomenal performance by Big Ben.

So not sure why we're suddenly comparing Eli and Warner but why are people upset with Warner saying Eli isn't a lock NOW? All he said is that Eli needs a few more seasons of consistent play and that should do it. Eli's first few seasons and 2010 weren't bright spots on his resume so I'm inclined to agree with Warner at this point.

I think people are just upset because Warner didn't say something 100% positive about Eli and are trying to say he's bitter about his time in NY. Please, that isn't in Warner's character at all.

Eli will probably end up having the better overall career when it's all said and done but please don't downplay the success of an undrafted QB who wasn't ever suppose to amount to anything.Well People are comparing Eli to warner because warner is supposedly on the Cusp of being in the HOF. So now people want to compare one with the other.

Some points that warner and simms are valid. But what most have problems with, is the way they are going about it. You can even see it in Phils body language at times.

My personal issue, is that they are going with half truth, partial facts, and are not taking it into context as you and others are trying to now put warner into context. Another issue is that they said he will never be (fill in the blank). If they were truly being honest they would have said some of those things much differently. If he was Smith, for example it would play out that way based on numbers/stats and his 7 year sample size. Elis sample size would show there is a serious chance/possibility (fill in the blank that they say he will never do/accomplish)

At the end of the day they will look foolish when its over based on their current comments/stance. They have also given Brady and some others excuses, like the dropped ball, which Eli never got the last 2-3 years when they were near the tops or at tops with leading the league in drops by his receivers. Or the tipped balls? For Eli they never existed but for Tom Terrific now its an issue. Amazing how that works?

ru_gmen55
02-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Is Warner's new job analyzing whether guys are Hall of Fame candidates? Jesus...

Drez
02-09-2012, 10:16 PM
first Eli, now Ben? Damn, Kurt....you must have a grudge or something...lol...</P>

Your sig is awful, lol. I'm still laughing about it, but my lord. lol [B][Y]</P>

GiantWarfare
02-09-2012, 10:21 PM
first Eli, now Ben? Damn, Kurt....you must have a grudge or something...lol...</P>

Your sig is awful, lol. I'm still laughing about it, but my lord. lol [B][Y]</P>

LOL hahaha

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 10:23 PM

LOL hahahaditto [:)]

GiantWarfare
02-09-2012, 10:37 PM

http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-laughing009.gif

i'll change it up tomorrow...

in the mean while...

http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tumblr_ldsh9eJmJS1qzwtdlo1_250.gif

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 10:57 PM

in the mean while...

http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tumblr_ldsh9eJmJS1qzwtdlo1_250.gifits the corny type of good. :)

yatitle
02-09-2012, 11:00 PM
This just in Kurt Warner says Jim Plunkett, Trent Dilfer, Brad Johnson and Joe Theismann are not Hall of Famers. In fact he thinks every QB not in the HOF except him is not HOF worthy. He also would like to thank the Lord Jesus Christ.

JDE123
02-09-2012, 11:36 PM
Is Warner's new job analyzing whether guys are Hall of Fame candidates? Jesus...
Well, he's an analyst for NFL network so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that analyzing NFL players is within his job description.

ru_gmen55
02-10-2012, 12:23 AM
Well, he's an analyst for NFL network so I'm going to go out on a limb and say that analyzing NFL players is within his job description.

HAHA I knew somebody would say that. I worded that wrong...let me rephrase my sarcastic comment...

"Is it Warner's new hobby to determine whether QB's are HOF material?"

I actually agree with him on both guys...but it's just funny that we are hearing comments like this from him about two different in such a short span. Is the Phillip Rivers edition coming tomorrow or Saturday??

giantsfan420
02-10-2012, 12:30 AM

HAHA I knew somebody would say that. I worded that wrong...let me rephrase my sarcastic comment...

I actually agree with him on both guys...but it's just funny that we are hearing comments like this from him about two different in such a short span. Is the Phillip Rivers edition coming tomorrow or Saturday??

yeah i dont understand how this is even a topic. bc a few respected writers said eli will be in canton one day that means kurt warner gets to say who gets in and who doesnt?

its wierd bc eli has another 5-10 years playing, it'd be like saying "kurt warner will never win a SB" when he first came on the nfl scene. its just ******ed, makes no sense.

its not like the writers who wrote their opinion that elis performance will get him into canton, its warner stating those people who said that are wrong. like he's going "wait wait wait, no, you few writers who said that are wrong." like huh? when did he become the end all about the HOF, its not even his place to say. because he played football means he gets to decide who goes to the HOF? that's stuff for esteemed sports writers who actually vote on players getting in the hall, like a lombardi...just odd. especially how he like is making this his new thing by adding "ben r. isnt HOF worthy either"

ru_gmen55
02-10-2012, 12:32 AM

yeah i dont understand how this is even a topic. bc a few respected writers said eli will be in canton one day that means kurt warner gets to say who gets in and who doesnt?

its wierd bc eli has another 5-10 years playing, it'd be like saying "kurt warner will never win a SB" when he first came on the nfl scene. its just ******ed, makes no sense.

its not like the writers who wrote their opinion that elis performance will get him into canton, its warner stating those people who said that are wrong. like he's going "wait wait wait, no, you few writers who said that are wrong." like huh? when did he become the end all about the HOF, its not even his place to say. because he played football means he gets to decide who goes to the HOF? that's stuff for esteemed sports writers who actually vote on players getting in the hall, like a lombardi...just odd. especially how he like is making this his new thing by adding "ben r. isnt HOF worthy either"

I'm almost starting to think it might be a ratings ploy...Skip Bayless style. I mean, I doubt it, but it's definitely strange.

giantsfan420
02-10-2012, 12:53 AM

I'm almost starting to think it might be a ratings ploy...Skip Bayless style. I mean, I doubt it, but it's definitely strange.

could be. i think its warner trying to backtrack from how he first was adamant in eli not making the HOF, then he recanted his stance the next day on NFL Network when talking with Lombardi, so maybe he felt like he had to appear fair by saying ben also isn't HOF yet i dunno?
Maybe when he had the "instadebate" with lombardi, he realized lombardi knows what he's talking about especially on something like this which warner has no expertise on.

maybe it is jealousy. like u said, its strange. maybe its a self preservation thing like he may not believe he's even HOF material himself, so he has to make sure others dont put eli ahead of him?

bg79
02-10-2012, 08:10 AM

Enough said...

Be gone with that rational and sensible approach. That does not belong here... RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

Lol If it was up to me to determine who goes into the Hall of Face it would be ridiculously bias..

What is your name?

Did you win a Superbowl with the Giants or have a winning season with the Giants?

If it were up to me even fewer would get into the hall of fame. My standards of what a Hall of Famer are tend to be higher than the people who get in. By my standards Eli won't ever be a hall of famer unless he were to win a few league mvp's. By the league's standard he very well might get in provided he puts up some competitive seasons. I just find it funny how it's apparently so controversial for someone like Kurt Warner to say a guy like Eli who wasnt even listed in the top 100 players currently playing just one year ago is not a sure fire lock for the hall of fame based on one year of work. And that one year of work where he wasnt the league MVP or the leading statistical QB, he was basically 4th possibly 5th on that list. So lets stop with this talk and just enjoy the ride now, his career has many more miles on it and we'll see where it takes us.

WORLDCHAMPS
02-10-2012, 08:17 AM
kurt warner thinks a pro bowl is more impressive than a championship.

LMFAO! Yeah thats his style. i HATED IT WHEN HE WAS A GIANT.

bansaw
02-10-2012, 08:19 AM
first Eli, now Ben? Damn, Kurt....you must have a grudge or something...lol...</p>

Your sig is awful, lol. I'm still laughing about it, but my lord. lol [B][Y]</p>

in the mean while...

http://theuniblog.evilspacerobot.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/07/tumblr_ldsh9eJmJS1qzwtdlo1_250.gifI like it

get an ALL IN in there somewhere, maybe in behind

SackingMyths
02-10-2012, 08:21 AM
Kurt Warner is entitled to his opinion- even if said opinion is clearly asinine and largely incorrect.

Carl Banks was on Joe &amp; Evan the other day and went on at some length about how dumb it is to project HOF credentials.

Eli and Ben still have (God-willing) many years to come, and if they stay on the same paths, they'll be sure-fire HOFers. Regardless of what Warner has to say about it.

bansaw
02-10-2012, 08:21 AM
and maybe do the background colour brown like dirt haha

Harooni
02-10-2012, 12:19 PM
this clearly shows he isnt picking on Eli in anyway., he simply giving his honest opinion as an annalist.

i swear you guys are drama queens.

Bluesmagoo
02-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Wow! No therapy need there!

bflo23
02-10-2012, 12:24 PM
this clearly shows he isnt picking on Eli in anyway., he simply giving his honest opinion as an annalist.

His honest opinion on one QB that took his job and another QB that beat him in a Super Bowl.

In the words of Warner...... "When will Ben and Eli ever carry their team?".

Harooni
02-10-2012, 12:54 PM

His honest opinion on one QB that took his job and another QB that beat him in a Super Bowl.

lets face it both qb's rely heavily on the D. hopeing the D will hold brady to less than 17 points.

Warners D would give up 30 burgers and his O would have to produce big numbers (ala rodgers), hell he threw 3td's in his last SB and lost.

elismom
02-10-2012, 01:02 PM
Harooni- I mean anything, ANYTHING in the line about Ben,Eli Rivers, Merrimen or antying like this you should be banned from talking about

BANNED.

Harooni
02-10-2012, 01:06 PM
Harooni- I mean anything, ANYTHING in the line about Ben,Eli Rivers, Merrimen or antying like this you should be banned from talking about

BANNED.

well im agreeing ben is not HOF worry yet, so your whole hater theory goes out the window doesnt it ?

bflo23
02-10-2012, 01:10 PM
lets face it both qb's rely heavily on the D. hopeing the D will hold brady to less than 17 points.

Warners D would give up 30 burgers and his O would have to produce big numbers (ala rodgers), hell he threw 3td's in his last SB and lost.

Did you watch Eli in the playoffs this year?

In 4 games, he has thrown 1219 yards, has 9 TDs/1 INT and has 105 QB rating.

Eli was the MVP in the entire playoffs. Kurt Warner never had the playoff run that Eli had in both his 2 SBs.... Even the year, Warner won the SB. Kurt threw 4 INTs in that playoff run.

<font size="4">In 2001, the Rams had the 7th ranked defense (point given up). </font>

Harooni
02-10-2012, 01:12 PM

Eli was the MVP in the entire playoffs. Kurt Warner never had the playoff run that Eli had in both his 2 SBs.... Even the year, Warner won the SB. Kurt threw 4 INTs in that playoff run.

thats a valid point, but i was talking about the sb's themselves, both eli and ben relied on the D big time.

bflo23
02-10-2012, 01:13 PM
thats a valid point, but i was talking about the sb's themselves, both eli and ben relied on the D big time.

<font size="4">In 1999, Rams had the 4th ranked defense (pts given up).

In 2001, the Rams had the 7th ranked defense.

In 2009, the Cardinals had the 14th ranked defense...</font>

A misconception that Warner didn't have a good defense.

elismom
02-10-2012, 01:15 PM

BANNED.

well im agreeing ben is not HOF worry yet, so your whole hater theory goes out the window doesnt it ?

Neither are HOF yet. But you gotta be stupid to think they wont go in. NOt the pt

PT IS
You have no right to utter the names listed above. Especially Eli since you were so wrong about him/Ernie and the team, amazing how you still seek out anything Eli related

AMAZING

Harooni
02-10-2012, 01:17 PM

BANNED.

Neither are HOF yet. But you gotta be stupid to think they wont go in. NOt the pt

PT IS
You have no right to utter the names listed above. Especially Eli since you were so wrong about him/Ernie and the team, amazing how you still seek out anything Eli related

AMAZING

well idk this is a new era with new QB friendly rules. then you got to consider rodgers and brees and the next young flash in the pan that puts up 40 tds and 5000 yards. you get what im saying.

hof bar is set high.

CTLadyBlue
02-10-2012, 01:21 PM
What the heck's gotten into Warner? He suddenly been stricken with Munchauser Syndrome or something??

elismom
02-10-2012, 01:27 PM

BANNED.

PT IS

AMAZING

well idk this is a new era with new QB friendly rules. then you got to consider rodgers and brees and the next young flash in the pan that puts up 40 tds and 5000 yards. you get what im saying.

hof bar is set high.

Double Eli's numbers
Throw in 2 rings with 2 sb rings

He he got hurt tomorrow it woul take time but he would get in. add in 5-8 more yrs and he AS I SAID in 2004 WILL BE A HOF QB

Owns every single record for hte g men. Owns like 10 SB records and has an oustanding playoff record. Whats he got like 20 tds and 2 picks in the playoffs. LOL- in the 2 runs

elismom
02-10-2012, 01:28 PM
What the heck's gotten into Warner? He suddenly been stricken with Munchauser Syndrome or something??

eli jacked his giant career
How would u feel?

Now he feel slike a tool so he is combating it with a pile on Big Ben. Both are shoe ins

burier
02-10-2012, 01:30 PM
Why are people asking him about the HOF? Does he have a vote???

It is my understanding that Kurt Warner stated that he should go in the HOF himself.

Excuse me...but when has he ever carried a team???

His opinion is totally bogus.

elismom
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM
Why are people asking him about the HOF? Does he have a vote???

It is my understanding that Kurt Warner stated that he should go in the HOF himself.

Excuse me...but when has he ever carried a team???

His opinion is totally bogus.

A guy who had a hard time keeping a starting QB position

let go for bulger
let go for eli

come on man.

jomo
02-10-2012, 02:00 PM
What the heck's gotten into Warner? He suddenly been stricken with Munchauser Syndrome or something??He's morphed into the all knowing Karnack from Johnny Carson days.

DEgiants89
02-10-2012, 02:08 PM
he is kind've right about Big Ben though. Eli has done way more in the playoffs and w.e to carry his team, esp this season. Big Ben never really needed that at all.

DEgiants89
02-10-2012, 02:10 PM
btw Warner said this last year. It is funny how last year he busted Big Ben, and now this year he busted Eli. Haterade!

yatitle
02-10-2012, 08:02 PM

BANNED.

PT IS

AMAZING

hof bar is set high.

The point is Warner who's retired doesn't have the career accomplishments of Eli & Ben. Admit Warner is NOT a HOFer and that is good enuff for me.

Harooni
02-10-2012, 08:11 PM

BANNED.

PT IS

AMAZING

hof bar is set high.

The point is Warner who's retired doesn't have the career accomplishments of Eli & Ben. Admit Warner is NOT a HOFer and that is good enuff for me. well I don't know if Kurt is first ballot but he has the league Mvps. Ben and Eli don't. I think they are counted heavily in the voting.

rebelfan1966
02-10-2012, 08:13 PM

BANNED.

PT IS

AMAZING

hof bar is set high.

The point is Warner who's retired doesn't have the career accomplishments of Eli & Ben. Admit Warner is NOT a HOFer and that is good enuff for me. well I don't know if Kurt is first ballot but he has the league Mvps. Ben and Eli don't. I think they are counted heavily in the voting.

I can see it already.... Big Ben's bust sitting just below his mug shots... it will be great.

yatitle
02-10-2012, 08:21 PM

BANNED.

PT IS

AMAZING

hof bar is set high.

I can see it already.... Big Ben's bust sitting just below his mug shots... it will be great.

Dont forget Warner's bust below his supermarket photo ID card.

rebelfan1966
02-10-2012, 10:53 PM

BANNED.

PT IS

AMAZING

hof bar is set high.

Dont forget Warner's bust below his supermarket photo ID card.

LOL.... forgot about that

miked1958
02-10-2012, 11:43 PM

Enough said...
Why all of the sudden is Kurt Warner the authority on who does or doesn't deserve to be in the HOF? Who made him the HOF expert?

buffyblue
02-10-2012, 11:50 PM
this clearly shows he isnt picking on Eli in anyway., he simply giving his honest opinion as an annalist.*

i swear you guys are drama queens.*

Actually James Harrison beat him in that SuperBowl on what was perhaps the greatest defensive play in SuperBowl history.

buffyblue
02-10-2012, 11:51 PM
lets face it both qb's rely heavily on the D.* hopeing the D will hold brady to less than 17 points.

<font size="4">In 2001, the Rams had the 7th ranked defense (point given up). </font>

Kurt Warner is the second highest rated passer in post season history.

buffyblue
02-10-2012, 11:55 PM

BANNED.

PT IS

AMAZING

hof bar is set high.

The point is Warner who's retired doesn't have the career accomplishments of Eli & Ben. Admit Warner is NOT a HOFer and that is good enuff for me.

Actually both Eli Manning and Ben Rothlisberger have more SuperBowl wins than Kurt Warner. However, Kurt Warner has a SuperBowl MVP trophy and Big Ben doesn’t. Kurt Warner has taken his team to the SuperBowl three times and Eli Manning hasn’t done that yet. Kurt Warner also has some pretty sick postseason records.

Some folks are argueing on hand that he played in a weak division and had an schedule but then state that he had a much better defense than folks think. Well if he was overrated for playing in a weaker division then doesn’t that also make his defense overrated for playing in that weaker division according to the logic of some folks on this board? Hey he did beat the same Philadelphia Eagles team to get to the SuperBowl in the NFC Championship Game that eliminated us from the playoffs a week prior in our house. Just saying.

Kurt Warner is an NFL analyst now and does not just spew his opinion unsolicited. He is asked questions, gives his opinions and makes a good supporting case for them. He is a stand up guy. Just because he does not agree with a lot of us doesn’t mean he is overrated, jealous, etc.........etc............

I bet if he stated that Gissele shouldn’t be a SuperModel that a lot of you folks would be lining up to kiss his ***.

Kurt Warner was a great QB that is going to the HoF and is a pretty darn good analyst in my opinion and I disagree with him in regard to Eli Manning. I think if he retired today that Eli Manning is a first ballot HoF. Just because I disagree with Kurt Warner doesn’t mean that makes him some vile creature. He is a stand up guy.

You folks crack me up.

Harooni
02-11-2012, 12:14 AM
Actually both Eli Manning and Ben Rothlisberger have more SuperBowl wins than Kurt Warner. However, Kurt Warner has a SuperBowl MVP trophy and Big Ben doesn’t. Kurt Warner has taken his team to the SuperBowl three times and Eli Manning hasn’t done that yet. Kurt Warner also has some pretty sick postseason records.

Some folks are argueing on hand that he played in a weak division and had an schedule but then state that he had a much better defense than folks think. Well if he was overrated for playing in a weaker division then doesn’t that also make his defense overrated for playing in that weaker division according to the logic of some folks on this board? Hey he did beat the same Philadelphia Eagles team to get to the SuperBowl in the NFC Championship Game that eliminated us from the playoffs a week prior in our house. Just saying.

Kurt Warner is an NFL analyst now and does not just spew his opinion unsolicited. He is asked questions, gives his opinions and makes a good supporting case for them. He is a stand up guy. Just because he does not agree with a lot of us doesn’t mean he is overrated, jealous, etc.........etc............

I bet if he stated that Gissele shouldn’t be a SuperModel that a lot of you folks would be lining up to kiss his ***.

Kurt Warner was a great QB that is going to the HoF and is a pretty darn good analyst in my opinion and I disagree with him in regard to Eli Manning. I think if he retired today that Eli Manning is a first ballot HoF. Just because I disagree with Kurt Warner doesn’t mean that makes him some vile creature. He is a stand up guy.

You folks crack me up.

great post , one thing missing is warners 2 time league mvp's . and if anyone thinks eli has earned hof status already im fine with that.I just dont like the slamming ppl who dont agree.

buffyblue
02-11-2012, 12:17 AM
*Actually both Eli Manning and Ben Rothlisberger have more SuperBowl wins than Kurt Warner. However, Kurt Warner has a SuperBowl MVP trophy and Big Ben doesn’t. Kurt Warner has taken his team to the SuperBowl three times and Eli Manning hasn’t done that yet. Kurt Warner also has some pretty sick postseason records.

You folks crack me up.

great post , one thing missing is warners 2 time league mvp's .* and if anyone thinks eli has earned hof status already im fine with that.I just dont like the* slamming ppl who dont agree.

I agree with you. Kurt Warner does have incredible credentials and is a smart well articulated guy. I enjoy hearing his opinion.

Harooni
02-11-2012, 12:19 AM

You folks crack me up.

great post , one thing missing is warners 2 time league mvp's . and if anyone thinks eli has earned hof status already im fine with that.I just dont like the slamming ppl who dont agree.

I agree with you. Kurt Warner does have incredible credentials and is a smart well articulated guy. I enjoy hearing his opinion.

he is a great guy and a perfect role model.

JDE123
02-11-2012, 12:24 AM

Which might matter if (a) Warner had put up those post-season numbers in a Giants jersey, or (b) he hadn't said anything negative about Eli Manning.

Didn't you read bflo23's post? Eli was the MVP for the entire playoffs. This guy is so good he's winning awards that don't even exist!

Warner is a clown who was only successful because he was surrounded by the best team ever assembled and they played the weakest schedule every year. Your statistics and fact-based opinions have no place in this forum.

TheEnigma
02-11-2012, 12:25 AM
So I see some people saying that Kurt Warner doesn't have the right to talk about potential HoF candidates and if that's the case, tell me who does have that right? I'm curious to know.

Harooni
02-11-2012, 12:28 AM
So I see some people saying that Kurt Warner doesn't have the right to talk about potential HoF candidates and if that's the case, tell me who does have that right? I'm curious to know.

exactly , who's opinion matters more? a two time league MVP who played the game and position. or a homer fan that works at subway?

GmenFan1980
02-11-2012, 12:31 AM

I'm just gonna lay out a guess and say the HOF voters?

Not trying to be a smart ***, just really trying to answer your question sir

giantsfan420
02-11-2012, 12:39 AM

Not trying to be a smart ***, just really trying to answer your question sir

i believe lombardi is a HOF voter, same with kosar...could be wrong about that. both said eli is a hof lock

TheEnigma
02-11-2012, 12:43 AM

Not trying to be a smart ***, just really trying to answer your question sirThing is, Warner is paid by the NFL Network to give his opinions on the questions he is asked. Would be kind of silly if his response was, "Well, I'm not a HoF voter so I'm just going to pass on that one."

Not sure if he would have a job much longer.

If we do want to say only HoF voters can talk about potential candidates, then we should cease all discussion about it here on the forums. Also shouldn't talk about MVP, offensive/defensive player of the year awards, rookie awards, and so forth.

NYgiants141
02-11-2012, 12:44 AM
If he says big Ben is a future HOF, the people on these boards would lose it. How dare he put ben in the HOF but not Eli, when its obvious Eli is better.

If he says neither are HOFers yet, the people on these boards bash him for hating on QBs that took his job or beat him.....

Cmon guys.... I agree with the guy 100% Eli is not yet in the HOF, he needs to keep playing this well. Ben has been on and off.

GmenFan1980
02-11-2012, 12:49 AM

Not trying to be a smart ***, just really trying to answer your question sirThing is, Warner is paid by the NFL Network to give his opinions on the questions he is asked. Would be kind of silly if his response was, "Well, I'm not a HoF voter so I'm just going to pass on that one."

If we do want to say only HoF voters can talk about potential candidates, then we should cease all discussion about it here on the forums. Also shouldn't talk about MVP, offensive/defensive player of the year awards, rookie awards, and so forth.

Oh no absolutely he should give his opinion when asked(which he was) and I've said before I have no problem with his opinion and in fact agree with it.

That being said, I don't get butt-hurt over what other people say about our QB, but at the same time I don't put much worth into his opinion because just like mine, at the end of the day it really doesn't mean much does it lol

bflo23
02-11-2012, 01:08 AM
If he says big Ben is a future HOF, the people on these boards would lose it. How dare he put ben in the HOF but not Eli, when its obvious Eli is better.

If he says neither are HOFers yet, the people on these boards bash him for hating on QBs that took his job or beat him.....

Cmon guys.... I agree with the guy 100% Eli is not yet in the HOF, he needs to keep playing this well. Ben has been on and off.

The problem with Kurt isn't him just saying... "Eli isn't a hall of famer"..... He ripped Eli's QB rating and then said he needed to continue to have 5 great years like his 2011 season. He needs "5 pro bowl seasons"?!

If he put up 5 more years like 2011..... Eli will be #7 on the all time career TD passes. About 130 more TDs than Warner has..... Why must Eli put up those insane career TD numbers up to make the hall of fame?

TheEnigma
02-11-2012, 01:14 AM

Oh no absolutely he should give his opinion when asked(which he was) and I've said before I have no problem with his opinion and in fact agree with it.

That being said, I don't get butt-hurt over what other people say about our QB, but at the same time I don't put much worth into his opinion because just like mine, at the end of the day it really doesn't mean much does it lolThat's cool and I'm the same really. Just taken back a little by the amount of backlash his opinion has caused. I think both Warner and Eli will become HoFers but it might take Warner a few years of eligibility before it happens. Can't really say on Eli since the story isn't over yet.

GmenFan1980
02-11-2012, 01:48 AM

That being said, I don't get butt-hurt over what other people say about our QB, but at the same time I don't put much worth into his opinion because just like mine, at the end of the day it really doesn't mean much does it lolThat's cool and I'm the same really. Just taken back a little by the amount of backlash his opinion has caused. I think both Warner and Eli will become HoFers but it might take Warner a few years of eligibility before it happens. Can't really say on Eli since the story isn't over yet.

I hope they both get in in due time as well.

As for the Warner bashing, I'm sure Warner doesn't give a crap about what fans think of him or his career, so i'm not gonna care for him ya'know? He knows he was a damn good QB and that is all that should matter to him

Edit- I will rephrase what I said "I don't get butt-hurt over what other people say about our QB"......Unless it's Cris Collinsworth, his voice it just annoying to me :S

Diamondring
02-11-2012, 06:34 AM
lets face it both qb's rely heavily on the D.* hopeing the D will hold brady to less than 17 points.

Which might matter if (a) Warner had put up those post-season numbers in a Giants jersey, or (b) he hadn't said anything negative about Eli Manning.

Didn't you read bflo23's post?* Eli was the MVP for the entire playoffs.* This guy is so good he's winning awards that don't even exist!

Warner is a clown who was only successful because he was surrounded by the best team ever assembled and they played the weakest schedule every year.* Your statistics and fact-based opinions have no place in this forum.
Warner is alright and he did do good for the Giants until he started to mess up. I feel that he held the ball for too long on purpose. Maybe he did that because he was only getting one mil or his thumb was hurting. Yet he is right in a way because there are going to be other qbs coming in and they can maybe do better than Ben.

It is not wise to put Ben or Eli in the Hall yet until for some time other qbs can't do the same accomplishments. We already have the Detriot's qb getting over 5,000 yards and he is young. Then we have Newton who can all of a sudden come in and do great things. He put up some good stats as a rookie and may get better. I also feel that Warner himself shouldn't get in the Hall of Fame because he has been in the NFL for a short time. He did less than Ben and Eli I think.

As for Warner having all these great players around him, we have to realize that at one point, those players were nobody special until after some time playing with Kurt, they became those ex high caliber players we all know about.

NYGFaninILL
02-11-2012, 07:41 AM
By his logic, no current QB would make the hall, except maybe Brady.

And it isn't about "carrying your team". It's about defining a position.

JDE123
02-11-2012, 09:15 AM
That being said, I don't get butt-hurt over what other people say about our QB, but at the same time I don't put much worth into his opinion because just like mine, at the end of the day it really doesn't mean much does it lol
I think you've nailed it right on the head. It's not enough to disagree with someone, you have to be personally offended by everything they say that isn't 100% glowing about your team.

Harooni
02-11-2012, 10:03 AM

The problem with Kurt isn't him just saying... "Eli isn't a hall of famer"..... He ripped Eli's QB rating and then said he needed to continue to have 5 great years like his 2011 season. He needs "5 pro bowl seasons"?!

If he put up 5 more years like 2011..... Eli will be #7 on the all time career TD passes. About 130 more TDs than Warner has..... Why must Eli put up those insane career TD numbers up to make the hall of fame?

because this era a guy like stafford can put up 40 td,s in one season. Rodgers in 4-5 years will have an insane amount of td's. U cant put everybody in. Hof bar is very high and they consider special cases also.

chasjay
02-11-2012, 10:12 AM

because this era a guy like stafford can put up 40 td,s in one season. Rodgers in 4-5 years will have an insane amount of td's. U cant put everybody in. Hof bar is very high and they consider special cases also.

agree on the TD thought and some other stats - as for TD's you can add Brees, Rivers, Schaub, maybe Matt Ryan and Carson Palmer if things work out in Oakland - maybe even some others. I agree, you can't put everybody in.

Sarcasman
02-11-2012, 12:56 PM

Enough said...

Of course, so how would he know what it takes to get into the HOF???? Everyone suddenly has to meet his criteria to get in for sure?

He's entitled to his opinion.

I don't mind a very strict standard for induction into the HOF, but that's hardly the reality.

Which is also the primary reason Warner will get in.

I haven't read anywhere that Warner has stated that he believes he is HOF worthy under his criteria so it's not like the guy is being a hypocrite or anything.

He just believes in a very high standard. Nothing wrong with that.

Sarcasman
02-11-2012, 01:00 PM

Enough said...

Be gone with that rational and sensible approach.* That does not belong here... RABBLE RABBLE RABBLE

What is your name?

If it were up to me even fewer would get into the hall of fame.* My standards of what a Hall of Famer are tend to be higher than the people who get in.* By my standards Eli won't ever be a hall of famer unless he were to win a few league mvp's.* By the league's standard he very well might get in provided he puts up some competitive seasons.* I just find it funny how it's apparently so controversial for someone like Kurt Warner to say a guy like Eli who wasnt even listed in the top 100 players currently playing just one year ago is not a sure fire lock for the hall of fame based on one year of work.* And that one year of work where he wasnt the league MVP or the leading statistical QB, he was basically 4th possibly 5th on that list.* So lets stop with this talk and just enjoy the ride now, his career has many more miles on it and we'll see where it takes us.*

The Top 100 players? Are you joking?

What about making the Pro Bowl? Are we to pretend that that is a true measure of quality as well?

Why don't we just start judging HOF criteria based on preseason stats?

buffyblue
02-11-2012, 01:00 PM

exactly , who's opinion matters more? a two time league MVP* who played the game and position. or a homer fan that works at subway?

Can he hook us up with free sandwiches.

appletree943
02-11-2012, 01:22 PM

Kurt Warner is the second highest rated passer in post season history. lol

appletree943
02-11-2012, 01:23 PM
if Big Ben woulda beat the Packers he would be a lock already funny enough

JDE123
02-11-2012, 01:25 PM

What about making the Pro Bowl? Are we to pretend that that is a true measure of quality as well?

The Pro Bowl may be a joke in some respects, but it isn't entirely meaningless in conversations like this. One problem that comes up again and again with HOF discussions is the comparison of current players' stats to those from 30+ years ago, as though the guys who led the league with 3,000 yards passing in the 70's are somehow comparable to Tarvaris Jackson and Rex Grossman in today's game.

MVP and Pro Bowl voting may be subjective, but they at least provide you with some sort of context about how a player compared to his peers.

bflo23
02-11-2012, 02:33 PM

So? Stafford put up 40 TDs in 1 year. You are acting like he put a bunch of years with 40 TDs. In 11 seasons, Drew Brees put up 40 TDs just once in his career. Where are all these +40 TD QBs?

Nobody reached 40 TDs in 2010.... Brady had the most at 36, Brees and Peyton had 33 were 2nd.

Sarcasman
02-11-2012, 03:39 PM

The Pro Bowl may be a joke in some respects, but it isn't entirely meaningless in conversations like this.* One problem that comes up again and again with HOF discussions is the comparison of current players' stats to those from 30+ years ago, as though the guys who led the league with 3,000 yards passing in the 70's are somehow comparable to Tarvaris Jackson and Rex Grossman in today's game.

MVP and Pro Bowl voting may be subjective, but they at least provide you with some sort of context about how a player compared to his peers.

True. It's a loose, relative measure. Not so with the top 100 though, which is utterly meaningless.

PRFan
02-11-2012, 05:12 PM
Same thing as Eli, If Ben doesn't play another NFL game, is he in the Hall of Fame? I say no...Are both on the way? Hell yeah.

bflo23
02-11-2012, 05:19 PM
If Eli were to win his 3rd super bowl next season, Warner would still say that Eli isn't a hall of famer because "he never carried the team and never made the big play every week.".

Harooni
02-12-2012, 12:13 AM
what warner says makes sense. who are we to question an NFL LEGEND?

Diamondring
02-12-2012, 12:35 AM
what warner says makes sense.* who are we to question an NFL LEGEND?
I'm sorry but Eli did way more than him with less and you call Warner a legend. Get out of here you phony fake punk. Joe Montana is a legend you you you you no good fool.

Harooni
02-12-2012, 12:38 AM
what warner says makes sense. who are we to question an NFL LEGEND?
I'm sorry but Eli did way more than him with less and you call Warner a legend. Get out of here you phony fake punk. Joe Montana is a legend you you you you no good fool.

[:O] well he is more qualified than us isnt he?

remember he took different teams to sb's

giantsfan420
02-12-2012, 01:24 AM

who are you to say what other people can and can't question?

no one cares you think what warner said is legit. we've heard it 10x. u really feel the need to continually try and belittle others if they feel warner isn't qualified to say eli is or isn't HOF material?

isn't just a tad bit hypocritical to go "hey, he's entitle to his opinion" while you tell people who feel differently about the subject that they shouldn't feel the way they do? your the one trying to instigate things, no ones quoting you and saying "your wrong" so why the need to try and pull this bs

Harooni
02-12-2012, 01:44 AM

who are you to say what other people can and can't question?

no one cares you think what warner said is legit. we've heard it 10x. u really feel the need to continually try and belittle others if they feel warner isn't qualified to say eli is or isn't HOF material?

isn't just a tad bit hypocritical to go "hey, he's entitle to his opinion" while you tell people who feel differently about the subject that they shouldn't feel the way they do? your the one trying to instigate things, no ones quoting you and saying "your wrong" so why the need to try and pull this bs are you drunk? Who was belittled?

Diamondring
02-12-2012, 01:46 AM

It doesn;t matter if he is or is he aint.

Harooni
02-12-2012, 01:51 AM

Not me because I know the game and made many predictions that were more on the good side than bad so I know the game. wait you are more qualified then Warner or me? Maybe me but I highly doubt Kurt Warner.

Harooni
02-12-2012, 01:57 AM
Dont misunderstand me. Eli and Ben could have enough to get in right now. That's up to the voters. I'm simply saying why get on Kurt for saying they need more.

Diamondring
02-12-2012, 01:57 AM

Not me because I know the game and made many predictions that were more on the good side than bad so I know the game. wait you are more qualified then Warner or me? Maybe me but I highly doubt Kurt Warner.I was joking about the predictions. Yet I am a spectator of the game and I have to know how to make predictions.

That is what posters are also suppose to do and a lot of them don't know this.

giantsfan420
02-12-2012, 03:01 AM
Dont misunderstand me. Eli and Ben could have enough to get in right now. That's up to the voters. I'm simply saying why get on Kurt for saying they need more.

it seems like its belitting with that other thread you made saying eli will have to keep up with qbs like cam newton etc. and continually try and reinforce that the people who feel warner spoke out of place are wrong bc he's a legend and who are we to question him...thats all i wasnt trying to insult u i just dont get why u cant state ur opinion and let it rest.

u've posted ur opinion now like what, 20x? we get it, u respect warners opinion and i respect that u respect it. i dont think ur going to get people who disagree with warner to suddenly change their tune and it just seems like thats what ur trying to do and its kinda belittling. if that isnt ur goal than my bad, just dont know how many times a person can say warners a legend, he did this he did that when no one really cares...

n420p69
02-12-2012, 03:04 AM
By the end of their careers both Eli and Ben will make the HOF.

yatitle
02-12-2012, 08:28 AM
By the end of their careers both Eli and Ben will make the HOF.

by the end of this thread my head hurts

GMENAGAIN
02-12-2012, 08:29 AM
Since when is Kurt Warner an authority on who gets into the Hall of Fame?

Of course he doesn't want the judging to be based upon Super Bowl wins, since he lost 2 Super Bowls . . .

TheEnigma
02-12-2012, 08:45 AM
Since when is Kurt Warner an authority on who gets into the Hall of Fame?

Of course he doesn't want the judging to be based upon Super Bowl wins, since he lost 2 Super Bowls . . .And the judging shouldn't only be based on Super Bowl victories. It should be a mix of a little of everything. Stats, championships, and the journey the player went through.

Most of the "elite" QB's these days have an interesting story that can help them get in.

Eli living in the shadow of Peyton, questioned if he was even a Franchise QB, and beating an undefeated team.

Brees was left out in the cold by the Chargers and when he joined the Saints, he turned around not only a team but a city.

Rodgers never knew if he would get his chance with the Packers and when the time came, he exceeded the expectations and now has Packers fans forgetting about Favre.

Look at Brian Urlacher. This guy has been a beast of a MLB in the modern era and it would be a sin to not see him elected to the HoF because he never won a Super Bowl.

GMENAGAIN
02-12-2012, 10:37 AM
Since when is Kurt Warner an authority on who gets into the Hall of Fame? Of course he doesn't want the judging to be based upon Super Bowl wins, since he lost 2 Super Bowls . . .And the judging shouldn't only be based on Super Bowl victories. It should be a mix of a little of everything. Stats, championships, and the journey the player went through. Most of the "elite" QB's these days have an interesting story that can help them get in. Eli living in the shadow of Peyton, questioned if he was even a Franchise QB, and beating an undefeated team. Brees was left out in the cold by the Chargers and when he joined the Saints, he turned around not only a team but a city. Rodgers never knew if he would get his chance with the Packers and when the time came, he exceeded the expectations and now has Packers fans forgetting about Favre. Look at Brian Urlacher. This guy has been a beast of a MLB in the modern era and it would be a sin to not see him elected to the HoF because he never won a Super Bowl.</P>

I totally agree that the decision should not be based solely on SB victories. With Eli, though, he should (barring injury) also have the numbers to get in. </P>

bELIeve_in_Giants
02-12-2012, 10:42 AM
With Parcells not making the cut this year, I can't predict the HOF. So, while I think Eli deserves it, who knows.

Harooni
02-12-2012, 02:10 PM
if you asked me before kurts comments and parcells not getting in. I would have said sure Ben and Eli if won this last sb. Both in.

But now I realize it's much tougher than I thought.

Agree with believe in giants.

Sarcasman
02-12-2012, 03:31 PM
if you asked me before kurts comments and parcells not getting in. I would have said sure Ben and Eli if won this last sb. Both in.

It ain't that tough.

Aikman, Elway, Fouts and Namath are all in...

By that measure Ben, Eli and Warner will all very likely get it.

If Warner's criteria were to be used, it's possible none of them would get in.

GmenFan1980
02-12-2012, 03:50 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lo3Nn8TNMyQ

HOF is a joke of a system to get in.

Edit- in fact lets keep it going

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CJjTtpK8mYs

Another case to show that stats and Rings could not be enough, but if the voters simply like you or not :/.

Voldamort
02-12-2012, 04:00 PM
when is he gonna start bashing brady? Brees,Rivers,Mannings,Newton they all have a chance do you Kurt?

G-FanFromDurham
02-12-2012, 04:10 PM
Eli, Ben and Kurt will all be in NFL Hall Of Fame some day.

JDE123
02-12-2012, 04:24 PM
With Parcells not making the cut this year, I can't predict the HOF. So, while I think Eli deserves it, who knows.
Best post ever.

There are literally hundreds of posts in multiple threads on this forum passionately debating this topic - sometimes intelligently, usually not-so-much. This dude just summed up everything that needs to be said in 2 sentences.

You are seriously my hero.

GmenFan1980
02-12-2012, 06:39 PM
http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2011/0202/nfl_ben_hof2_576.jpg

http://static.fjcdn.com/pictures/Troll_84a3d1_1327061.gif

Just made me laugh, sorry :)

elismom
02-13-2012, 08:50 AM

Parcells not getting in is just the media sticking it too him. Its one of those times. I compare it to ELi and others being able to stick it to teams. Only a couple times you can be had and HOF voting is a popularity contest and the beat writers thought he was an @#$# and most in football say the same thing. Proven winner, genuis at the draft and building teams. Shoot his litter is all around Football. But he didn't get in first time because of his character, he screwed over too many. He's in next time

yatitle
02-13-2012, 01:22 PM

Parcells not getting in is just the media sticking it too him. Its one of those times. I compare it to ELi and others being able to stick it to teams. Only a couple times you can be had and HOF voting is a popularity contest and the beat writers thought he was an @#$# and most in football say the same thing. Proven winner, genuis at the draft and building teams. Shoot his litter is all around Football. But he didn't get in first time because of his character, he screwed over too many. He's in next time

Hope you are wrong. If a great player and even better man, Harry Carson had to wait as long as he did, then if the Tubby Tuna never gets in or gets in posthumously then that is fine with me.

TrueBlue@NYC
02-13-2012, 01:46 PM
Chris Carter is the second all-time receiver in catches and he can't get in, that alone should say how hard it is to get in these days. And some of the media guys do use it to get back at guys they didn't like.

burier
02-13-2012, 01:57 PM
Chris Carter is the second all-time receiver in catches and he can't get in, that alone should say how hard it is to get in these days. And some of the media guys do use it to get back at guys they didn't like.

well no. There's a lot of contradictions

Curtis Martin is going in this year for being 4th on the rushing list and ringless.

But Martin was well liked so he's in.

Ben isn't getting in unless he wins another SB or starts piling stats up everywhere.

He's got a Superbowl that is largely considered a win by the Refs and largely considered a win despite his poor play.

He's got another SB over the Arizona Cardinals "The worst team ever to make the playoffs" and he barely got that.

Plus he has character issues which hurts you in HOF voting (see Chris Carter)

His Superbowl rings aren't worth as much as Eli's.

We'll never know if Eli would have gone in 5 years from now but if I was a betting man I'd say he'd go in.

He'll definately get in at some point though.