PDA

View Full Version : Eli's Mistakes

jhamburg
12-05-2011, 01:09 AM
I hear a lot of people complaining about Eli's bad decisions that turn into interceptions. What you guys are missing is that we are a much different team now than we were a few years ago.

For the first part of Eli's career, we were a "smash mouth" running team with a solid defense. We really just needed Eli to be a game manager which is why it was so frustrating when he threw picks, because that was like the one thing that could beat us.

This new Eli, this isn't your father's Eli. Now we have no defense, we have no running game, we are putting the team on Eli's back every single game. And he's slinging throws 50 yards downfield, he's threading passes off his back foot, he's trying to relive the helmet catch play every time the pass rush gets through on 3rd down. And most of the time, these type of plays work out in our favor.

But guess what? You make risky throws all the time, some of them aren't going to work out. With Eli's new style of play he's going to throw picks every now and then. You have to take the good with the bad. If you want Eli to make better decisions, you have to give up the 50 yard bombs to Nicks in double coverage, the 3rd-and-17 back foot completions.

Do you really want Eli to be a game manager who checks it down every time on 3rd and long and throws it away when he's under pressure? Do you think we're going to beat any good teams like that, with our running game and our defense the way it is?

foosball
12-05-2011, 01:24 AM
Anyone who says anything negative about Eli is either a blind hater or a complete moron. He's having a career year. He's been a top 5 QB all season long, IMO he's been the third best in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees. He is the Giants. His margin for error is slim, for the Giants to win he has to go for 300, 2 -3 td's and no picks. He had one pick and the Giants lost. Rodgers also had a pick, same situation really, also to a LB, also lead to a TD, difference is Rodgers has a team that could over come his mistake.

nycsportzfan
12-05-2011, 01:33 AM
Anyone who says anything negative about Eli is either a blind hater or a complete moron. He's having a career year. He's been a top 5 QB all season long, IMO he's been the third best in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees. He is the Giants. His margin for error is slim, for the Giants to win he has to go for 300, 2 -3 td's and no picks. He had one pick and the Giants lost. Rodgers also had a pick, same situation really, also to a LB, also lead to a TD, difference is Rodgers has a team that could over come his mistake.
Its about "when the mistakes occur!" No ones debating eli being a solid QB but when your talking about this ELITE stuff U certainly would be foolish to not look at games like the Eagles game When our D gives up only 10points into the 4th QTER and our offense only gets 10for that game? Also a key Eli INT in that game Or the Fumble he had at the end of that game Or how about the pick 6 in week 1 by kerrigan? or how about the pick when were about to score in the Seahawk game? or the huge INT in the 9er game He is really good but it'd be nice to see a flawless game with no crucial mistake or mistakes from time to time Again hes definetly having a solid yr Just to many gutwrenching mistakes( i get that all players make mistakes but were not talking about all players being ELITE or carrying there teams and all that)

nycsportzfan
12-05-2011, 01:37 AM
IN our 6losses ELI's thrown 9picks In our 6wins ELI's thrown 2int's Kinda gives u a idea of the way the big pick that is returned or sets up scores kills ya

jhamburg
12-05-2011, 01:45 AM
Anyone who says anything negative about Eli is either a blind hater or a complete moron.* He's having a career year.* He's been a top 5 QB all season long, IMO he's been the third best in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees.* He is the Giants.* His margin for error is slim, for the Giants to win he has to go for 300, 2 -3 td's and no picks.* He had one pick and the Giants lost.* Rodgers also had a pick, same situation really, also to a LB, also lead to a TD, difference is Rodgers has a team that could over come his mistake.
Its about** "when the mistakes occur!"* No ones debating eli being a solid QB* but when your talking about this ELITE stuff** U certainly would be foolish to not look at** games like the Eagles game**** When our D gives up only 10points into the 4th QTER and our offense only gets 10for that game? Also a key Eli INT in that game**** Or the Fumble he had at the end of that game**** Or how about the pick 6 in week 1 by kerrigan? or how about the pick when were about to score in the Seahawk game? or* the huge INT in the 9er game**** He is really good but it'd be nice to see a flawless game with no crucial mistake or mistakes from time to time**** Again hes definetly having a solid yr** Just to many gutwrenching mistakes( i get that all players make mistakes but were not talking about all players being ELITE or carrying there teams and all that)

The point is, that he's constantly in a situation where he has to force the ball downfield because we're losing or we're in a close game. Our defense doesn't let us hold on to any leads. It's easy for other "elite" qbs to make good decisions when they're up by 3 touchdowns.

nycsportzfan
12-05-2011, 03:26 AM
Its about "when the mistakes occur!" No ones debating eli being a solid QB but when your talking about this ELITE stuff U certainly would be foolish to not look at games like the Eagles game When our D gives up only 10points into the 4th QTER and our offense only gets 10for that game? Also a key Eli INT in that game Or the Fumble he had at the end of that game Or how about the pick 6 in week 1 by kerrigan? or how about the pick when were about to score in the Seahawk game? or the huge INT in the 9er game He is really good but it'd be nice to see a flawless game with no crucial mistake or mistakes from time to time Again hes definetly having a solid yr Just to many gutwrenching mistakes( i get that all players make mistakes but were not talking about all players being ELITE or carrying there teams and all that)

The point is, that he's constantly in a situation where he has to force the ball downfield because we're losing or we're in a close game. Our defense doesn't let us hold on to any leads. It's easy for other "elite" qbs to make good decisions when they're up by 3 touchdowns. Our defense basically WON us the PAT game by keeping the Patriots scoreless at the half! If NE has there usual 10-17 points by half Guess what? We lose! They held Philly to only ten points into the 4th qter and guess what? We lost! Of course NO and GB are gonna light us up becuase of the injuries our D has But still when your driving down in NO and u can take a 7-0 lead and u underthrow Ballard and it gets picked it just kills momentum! Or when u throw a pick 6 to Clay matthews in a game u gotta be basically flawless in order to win or at least turnover free It kills ya! THe dolphin game our offense had 10points going into the 4th qter! Seriously? COuld that have any thing to do with why were behind? The 9er game we had only 6points with 2minutes 30secon to go in the 3rd qter! We gotta stop waiting to do damage and score points! As good as our offense is It can be better and certainly a tad more consistent and less "HUGE" mistake prone

Dont get it twisted! I realize eli's having a solid yr! I just don't like hering the ELITE stuff for anyone unless its true And in this case its just simply not! Solid yes! Elite Heck no!

BigBlueFanNJ
12-05-2011, 05:40 AM
As disappointed as I was in the loss yesterday their is no way i'm putting this on Eli.

I figured we were going to have to match GB touchdown for touchdown, yard for yard and field goal for field goal to have a chance and Eli delivered big time. Best deep balls I have seen from Eli in a long time

Eli went toe to toe with Rogers all game and in my opinion wasn't the 2nd best QB on the field yesterday! if our defense was even somewhat adequate we should have beat GB big time yesterday

Eli is carrying this team this year and that is what we have always expected from him and that is what were getting!!

CantBlameShockeyNow
12-05-2011, 06:45 AM
Anyone who says anything negative about Eli is either a blind hater or a complete moron.* He's having a career year.* He's been a top 5 QB all season long, IMO he's been the third best in the NFL behind Rodgers and Brees.* He is the Giants.* His margin for error is slim, for the Giants to win he has to go for 300, 2 -3 td's and no picks.* He had one pick and the Giants lost.* Rodgers also had a pick, same situation really, also to a LB, also lead to a TD, difference is Rodgers has a team that could over come his mistake.
Its about** "when the mistakes occur!"* No ones debating eli being a solid QB* but when your talking about this ELITE stuff** U certainly would be foolish to not look at** games like the Eagles game**** When our D gives up only 10points into the 4th QTER and our offense only gets 10for that game? Also a key Eli INT in that game**** Or the Fumble he had at the end of that game**** Or how about the pick 6 in week 1 by kerrigan? or how about the pick when were about to score in the Seahawk game? or* the huge INT in the 9er game**** He is really good but it'd be nice to see a flawless game with no crucial mistake or mistakes from time to time**** Again hes definetly having a solid yr** Just to many gutwrenching mistakes( i get that all players make mistakes but were not talking about all players being ELITE or carrying there teams and all that)

The point is, that he's constantly in a situation where he has to force the ball downfield because we're losing or we're in a close game. Our defense doesn't let us hold on to any leads. It's easy for other "elite" qbs to make good decisions when they're up by 3 touchdowns. Our defense basically WON us the PAT game by keeping the Patriots scoreless at the half! If NE has there usual 10-17 points by half**** Guess what? We lose!* They held Philly to only ten points into the 4th qter and guess what? We lost!* Of course NO and GB are gonna light us up* becuase of the injuries our D has** But still when your driving down in NO and u can take a 7-0 lead and u underthrow Ballard and it gets picked**** it just kills momentum!* Or when u throw a pick 6 to Clay matthews in a game u gotta be basically flawless in order to win or at least turnover free**** It kills ya!** THe dolphin game our offense had 10points going into the 4th qter! Seriously? COuld that have any thing to do with why were behind?** The 9er game we had only 6points with 2minutes 30secon to go in the 3rd qter!* We gotta stop waiting to do damage and score points!** As good as our offense is** It can be better and certainly a tad more consistent and less "HUGE" mistake prone

*Dont get it twisted!* I realize eli's having a solid yr!* I just don't like hering the ELITE stuff for anyone unless its true** And in this case its just simply not!** Solid yes! Elite* Heck no!

+1

RobCarpenter
12-05-2011, 08:43 AM
As disappointed as I was in the loss yesterday their is no way i'm putting this on Eli. I figured we were going to have to match GB touchdown for touchdown, yard for yard and field goal for field goal to have a chance and Eli delivered big time. Best deep balls I have seen from Eli in a long time Eli went toe to toe with Rogers all game and in my opinion wasn't the 2nd best QB on the field yesterday! if our defense was even somewhat adequate we should have beat GB big time yesterday Eli is carrying this team this year and that is what we have always expected from him and that is what were getting!!</P>

+1</P>

bleedinblue27
12-05-2011, 08:48 AM
+1

Zaggs
12-05-2011, 08:49 AM

The point is, that he's constantly in a situation where he has to force the ball downfield because we're losing or we're in a close game. Our defense doesn't let us hold on to any leads. It's easy for other "elite" qbs to make good decisions when they're up by 3 touchdowns.

Don't bother. This is the same moron that says "Eli should feel that McKenzie is going to shove Babin right into him".

NJ10
12-05-2011, 08:57 AM
I'm sick of hearing all this, is Eli elite BS. The guy is absolutely a top 5 QB in the league, there should not even be a debate.

Rodgers
Brady
Brees
Eli
Ben

Moss#83
12-05-2011, 09:03 AM
*IN our 6losses* ELI's thrown 9picks*** In our 6wins ELI's thrown 2int's****** Kinda gives u a idea of the way the big pick that is returned or sets up scores kills ya
LOL, QB usually throw most of their INT in losses. Whats the point of this stat?

You're just proving that Eli needs to be perfect for the Giants to win. He has no help.

Zaggs
12-05-2011, 09:04 AM

The point is, that he's constantly in a situation where he has to force the ball downfield because we're losing or we're in a close game. Our defense doesn't let us hold on to any leads. It's easy for other "elite" qbs to make good decisions when they're up by 3 touchdowns. Our defense basically WON us the PAT game by keeping the Patriots scoreless at the half! If NE has there usual 10-17 points by half Guess what? We lose! They held Philly to only ten points into the 4th qter and guess what? We lost! Of course NO and GB are gonna light us up becuase of the injuries our D has But still when your driving down in NO and u can take a 7-0 lead and u underthrow Ballard and it gets picked it just kills momentum! Or when u throw a pick 6 to Clay matthews in a game u gotta be basically flawless in order to win or at least turnover free It kills ya! THe dolphin game our offense had 10points going into the 4th qter! Seriously? COuld that have any thing to do with why were behind? The 9er game we had only 6points with 2minutes 30secon to go in the 3rd qter! We gotta stop waiting to do damage and score points! As good as our offense is It can be better and certainly a tad more consistent and less "HUGE" mistake prone

Dont get it twisted! I realize eli's having a solid yr! I just don't like hering the ELITE stuff for anyone unless its true And in this case its just simply not! Solid yes! Elite Heck no!

Gee, didn't realize Eli had been promoted to offensive coordinator.
Glad in all the loses everything else was working spectacular. But wait, it wasn't was it? Did they have more than 90 yards rushing in any of those games? No, no they didn't. Heck 09 is being generous. Eli has led drives in the last 2 minutes to take the lead or tie in 6 games this season. he is 1.3 rating points from being in the top 4. Yeah, he's elite. No matter what shine you put on your david carr fathead will change that.

Joe Morrison
12-05-2011, 09:05 AM
I am not even going to bother reading your thread, you obviously have no idea what an excemptional QB is.

Drez
12-05-2011, 09:49 AM
IN our 6losses ELI's thrown 9picks In our 6wins ELI's thrown 2int's Kinda gives u a idea of the way the big pick that is returned or sets up scores kills ya
</P>

And that goes to show you that we don't have a good enough team to overcome almost any mistake.That's not all on Eli.</P>

mstray92
12-05-2011, 11:57 AM

+1 man!

ibbill
12-05-2011, 12:08 PM
I hear a lot of people complaining about Eli's bad decisions that turn into interceptions. What you guys are missing is that we are a much different team now than we were a few years ago.

For the first part of Eli's career, we were a "smash mouth" running team with a solid defense. We really just needed Eli to be a game manager which is why it was so frustrating when he threw picks, because that was like the one thing that could beat us.

This new Eli, this isn't your father's Eli. Now we have no defense, we have no running game, we are putting the team on Eli's back every single game. And he's slinging throws 50 yards downfield, he's threading passes off his back foot, he's trying to relive the helmet catch play every time the pass rush gets through on 3rd down. And most of the time, these type of plays work out in our favor.

But guess what? You make risky throws all the time, some of them aren't going to work out. With Eli's new style of play he's going to throw picks every now and then. You have to take the good with the bad. If you want Eli to make better decisions, you have to give up the 50 yard bombs to Nicks in double coverage, the 3rd-and-17 back foot completions.

Do you really want Eli to be a game manager who checks it down every time on 3rd and long and throws it away when he's under pressure? Do you think we're going to beat any good teams like that, with our running game and our defense the way it is?

I would suggest we talk about the 29th ranked defense in the league.

burier
12-05-2011, 12:19 PM
Eli is having an All pro year not a solid year.

Calling what he's doing this season "solid" shows hate in your heart.

Regardless of ints the defense lost 5 of the 6 games we've lost this season.

And The Defense DID not win the Pats game.

Rule of thumb: If you're on the sideline watching the other unit go down the field to win the the game...THEN YOU DIDN'T WIN THE GAME!!

You wanna talk about Elite? Eli has already played Brady, Breese and Rogers and held his own. (Que clown to tell me that QBs don't play eachother.)

If you hate Eli I don't know what to tell you other than have fun hating for another 8 years.

funkybudda
12-05-2011, 01:22 PM
Eli is having an All pro year not a solid year.

Calling what he's doing this season "solid" shows hate in your heart.

Regardless of ints the defense lost 5 of the 6 games we've lost this season.

And The Defense DID not win the Pats game.

Rule of thumb: If you're on the sideline watching the other unit go down the field to win the the game...THEN YOU DIDN'T WIN THE GAME!!

You wanna talk about Elite? Eli has already played Brady, Breese and Rogers and held his own. (Que clown to tell me that QBs don't play eachother.)

If you hate Eli I don't know what to tell you other than have fun hating for another 8 years.

+1, that dude is a waste of oxygen. Eli is having a great year.

nycsportzfan
12-05-2011, 04:05 PM
You guys have got to be the biggest homers i've ever been around! Jesus! The dude is not elite at all! Hes thrown picks in 5straight games and most of em have been just super critical ones and lets not forget the fumble against philly and the fact hes got 6fumbles on the yr! Ya i really hate Eli(sarcasm) lol Its called common sense U don't throw 11td 9ints in 6games and 12td 2int in the other 6games(wins) and call someone "elite" That is the opitomy of solid!

Harooni
12-05-2011, 04:31 PM

and also add in the lost fumbles, by him and the rest of the O , you can see if you lose that turnover battle you are likely to lose, it puts pressure on your D ,tires them out and gives the other O easy /easier points.

Morehead State
12-05-2011, 04:39 PM
I hear a lot of people complaining about Eli's bad decisions that turn into interceptions. What you guys are missing is that we are a much different team now than we were a few years ago. For the first part of Eli's career, we were a "smash mouth" running team with a solid defense. We really just needed Eli to be a game manager which is why it was so frustrating when he threw picks, because that was like the one thing that could beat us. This new Eli, this isn't your father's Eli. Now we have no defense, we have no running game, we are putting the team on Eli's back every single game. And he's slinging throws 50 yards downfield, he's threading passes off his back foot, he's trying to relive the helmet catch play every time the pass rush gets through on 3rd down. And most of the time, these type of plays work out in our favor. But guess what? You make risky throws all the time, some of them aren't going to work out. With Eli's new style of play he's going to throw picks every now and then. You have to take the good with the bad. If you want Eli to make better decisions, you have to give up the 50 yard bombs to Nicks in double coverage, the 3rd-and-17 back foot completions. Do you really want Eli to be a game manager who checks it down every time on 3rd and long and throws it away when he's under pressure? Do you think we're going to beat any good teams like that, with our running game and our defense the way it is?</P>

There is no way I could disagree with you more than I do. Your review of Eli is completely upside down.</P>

The fact is that Eli has been MUCH MORE careful with the ball this season. He has been calmer in the pocket. He's been willing to throw the ball away, take more sacks and dump it down more. His decision making has improved substantially this season. No more blind chucks into coverage amid a pass rush. No more head scratching decisions that defy the game situations, like the two horrible picks he threw after the games were essentially won last year at Houston and at Dallas. Even the pick yesterday was not a paniced throw. He just didn't see the defender who was blocked by traffic in front of him. </P>

He is doing exactly what TC said he should do in Indianapolis this past February. I really don't know what Eli you are looking at.</P>

mstray92
12-07-2011, 09:58 PM
You guys have got to be the biggest homers i've ever been around! Jesus! The dude is not elite at all! Hes thrown picks in 5straight games and most of em have been just super critical ones and lets not forget the fumble against philly and the fact hes got 6fumbles on the yr! Ya i really hate Eli(sarcasm) lol Its called common sense U don't throw 11td 9ints in 6games and 12td 2int in the other 6games(wins) and call someone "elite" That is the opitomy of solid!

This^^^^^^^^^^^^!

Itlan
12-07-2011, 10:33 PM
Let's review your "evidence" of Eli turning the ball over at crucial moments.

The first you mention is the Eagles game. You mean the game where Eli was sacked five times and pressured more than a dozen? The game where all rushes to the right side ended up in a negative net yardage? You mean countless drops by our receivers? And then KMac not continuing to block Babin is somehow on Eli who gets literally blown the **** up from the backside? Granted, he should hold onto the ball, but I'd like to see your fat *** hold onto it in that situation as well.

The pick 6 by Kerrigan? It's well-documented that's NOT on Eli, but on Gilbride for not changing terminology. It's a quick screen, and if the defender knows its coming, there's nothing Eli can do about that. The ball is out of his hands as soon as its snapped. P.S. That wasn't a crucial point of the game.

Ahh, the Seahawks game. So I guess it is somehow Eli's fault that Victor Cruz slips as soon as Eli releases the ball? Damn you Eli, not having the foresight to see that Cruz was going to slip! Definitely not elite!

Huge interception in the 49er game? Do you mean the play that never should've happened if Cruz doesn't drop a wide open pass? Or are you referring to Manningham quitting on his route? Effin Eli, terrible.

Speaking of Mannings, look at Peyton! Threw a pick 6 to let New Orleans steal his second Super Bowl! That guy is terrible! Too many crucial mistakes!

Do you know how stupid you sound?

nycsportzfan
12-08-2011, 05:25 PM

The first you mention is the Eagles game. You mean the game where Eli was sacked five times and pressured more than a dozen? The game where all rushes to the right side ended up in a negative net yardage? You mean countless drops by our receivers? And then KMac not continuing to block Babin is somehow on Eli who gets literally blown the **** up from the backside? Granted, he should hold onto the ball, but I'd like to see your fat *** hold onto it in that situation as well.

The pick 6 by Kerrigan? It's well-documented that's NOT on Eli, but on Gilbride for not changing terminology. It's a quick screen, and if the defender knows its coming, there's nothing Eli can do about that. The ball is out of his hands as soon as its snapped. P.S. That wasn't a crucial point of the game.

Ahh, the Seahawks game. So I guess it is somehow Eli's fault that Victor Cruz slips as soon as Eli releases the ball? Damn you Eli, not having the foresight to see that Cruz was going to slip! Definitely not elite!

Huge interception in the 49er game? Do you mean the play that never should've happened if Cruz doesn't drop a wide open pass? Or are you referring to Manningham quitting on his route? Effin Eli, terrible.

Speaking of Mannings, look at Peyton! Threw a pick 6 to let New Orleans steal his second Super Bowl! That guy is terrible! Too many crucial mistakes!

Do you know how stupid you sound? hahhaha! Dude don't try to talk football with me! The guys been a Turnover machine since he joined the NFL U can try and blame the Oline or gilbride or the crowd or the vending machine outside the locker room but it just sounds all most downright pathetic that u can even think that ELI's crucial turnovers are on anyone but himself! Just stupid!!!!lol

nycsportzfan
12-08-2011, 05:30 PM

This^^^^^^^^^^^^!
Its litteraly all u have to look at ! U know? 11tds 9ints in losses and 12tds 2int in wins! Its like DUUUHHHHHH!!!!lol When ELI dosen't make crushing turnovers WE WIN! When he does We lose! The guys a very solid QB indeed! But hes not ELITE! Stop crushing us with turnovers in crucial situations and we'll talk untill then the homers around here seriously need to get a grip! No one in this country outside of these delusional fans on here think ELI's elite! You would be hard pressed to find a person whos worried about ELI when they play the giants No one fears playing eli! I'm certainly glad we have him and i wish he was ELITE but you would have to be blind to put him at ELITE status with the Turnovers and crazy decisons hes made mixed in with his moments of brilliance!

JMFP2
12-08-2011, 05:47 PM

Any QB that is looking to make plays will make mistakes. Ernie Accorsi wasn't looking for a game manager, he was looking for a game winner. And that's what Eli has proven to be.

Nobody likes a pick-6. But Rodgers made pretty much the same throw....with the same result. That sort of stuff happens when your QB is trynig to move the team.

Gianthunter
12-08-2011, 07:42 PM
I hear a lot of people complaining about Eli's bad decisions that turn into interceptions. What you guys are missing is that we are a much different team now than we were a few years ago. For the first part of Eli's career, we were a "smash mouth" running team with a solid defense. We really just needed Eli to be a game manager which is why it was so frustrating when he threw picks, because that was like the one thing that could beat us. This new Eli, this isn't your father's Eli. Now we have no defense, we have no running game, we are putting the team on Eli's back every single game. And he's slinging throws 50 yards downfield, he's threading passes off his back foot, he's trying to relive the helmet catch play every time the pass rush gets through on 3rd down. And most of the time, these type of plays work out in our favor. But guess what? You make risky throws all the time, some of them aren't going to work out. With Eli's new style of play he's going to throw picks every now and then. You have to take the good with the bad. If you want Eli to make better decisions, you have to give up the 50 yard bombs to Nicks in double coverage, the 3rd-and-17 back foot completions. Do you really want Eli to be a game manager who checks it down every time on 3rd and long and throws it away when he's under pressure? Do you think we're going to beat any good teams like that, with our running game and our defense the way it is?</P>

There is no way I could disagree with you more than I do. Your review of Eli is completely upside down.</P>

The fact is that Eli has been MUCH MORE careful with the ball this season. He has been calmer in the pocket. He's been willing to throw the ball away, take more sacks and dump it down more. His decision making has improved substantially this season. No more blind chucks into coverage amid a pass rush. No more head scratching decisions that defy the game situations, like the two horrible picks he threw after the games were essentially won last year at Houston and at Dallas. Even the pick yesterday was not a paniced throw. He just didn't see the defender who was blocked by traffic in front of him. </P>

He is doing exactly what TC said he should do in Indianapolis this past February. I really don't know what Eli you are looking at.</P>Me thinks it was more Reese.

Gianthunter
12-08-2011, 07:44 PM

This^^^^^^^^^^^^!
Its litteraly all u have to look at ! U know? 11tds 9ints in losses and 12tds 2int in wins! Its like DUUUHHHHHH!!!!lol When ELI dosen't make crushing turnovers WE WIN! When he does We lose! The guys a very solid QB indeed! But hes not ELITE! Stop crushing us with turnovers in crucial situations and we'll talk untill then the homers around here seriously need to get a grip! No one in this country outside of these delusional fans on here think ELI's elite! You would be hard pressed to find a person whos worried about ELI when they play the giants No one fears playing eli! I'm certainly glad we have him and i wish he was ELITE but you would have to be blind to put him at ELITE status with the Turnovers and crazy decisons hes made mixed in with his moments of brilliance!
Your agenda is clear. And you brought a knife to agunfight.

Robert21156
12-08-2011, 08:52 PM
What moronic statements. Did you really watch all those games and situations? In the Skins game McKenzie was supposed to cut the end but didn't, so he was there for the pick on the screen. In the Seahawks game Eli threw the ball where Cruz would have been if he hadn't slipped coming out of his cut and then got his hand on the ball and tipped it up to be picked. Don't think the pick early in the Eagles game led to points at all. The HUGE pick in the 9er's game was the play right after Cruz dropped a pass in his hands that would have gone for 25 or so.
Pay attention. Earlier post explained that we do throw downfield A LOT so there is risk involved. If we had a fast shifty back like Sproles then Eli could just throw 3 yard passes to him and let him take off. Let us all know when we have that back, and in the meantime, get off Eli's. Still the highest rated 4th quarter QB in the league, with FAR more yards and 3 more TD passes than anyone else in that quarter.

nygfanmaybe
12-09-2011, 08:05 AM
, you obviously have no idea what an excemptional QB is.</P>

</P>

I don't either...</P>

TroyArcher
12-09-2011, 08:57 AM
</P>

</P>

Did you even watch the Eagles game. Eli had about one second to throw befeore he was getting hit. This O-line sucks and it is amazing they have 6 wins when you consider that they also have one of the worst defenses in the league. Thank god for Eli or the Giants would be 0-12. </P>

nycsportzfan
12-11-2011, 10:09 AM
</p>

</p>

Did you even watch the Eagles game. Eli had about one second to throw befeore he was getting hit. This O-line sucks and it is amazing they have 6 wins when you consider that they also have one of the worst defenses in the league. Thank god for Eli or the Giants would be 0-12. </p> He was rolling out of the pocket for godsake! He had more then a second LOL he just didn't feel the pressure and wasen't protecting the ball which is not anything knew with ELI! Hes done it before plenty of times! Dude threw a ridiculous pick in that game as well! Sure there were some drops but you've got to be outta your gord to not blame alot of a game your D holds the other team to 10points going into the 4th qter and u lose! So when we win its all ELI and when we lose its always someone else right???lol Give me a break! The D had nothing to do with Holding NE to zero points in the first half for like the 1st time in yrs they've been held to zip by half? What if they scored 10points? Guess what? Then good Old ELI dosen't even have a chance to "carry" us to VICTORY on his shoulders and all by himself!

Theres no debating the guys solid! Hes a total solid QB! I feel that But hes definetly not ELITE Thats just silly! The Saints don't have a Great D yet they continue to WIN and will be in the playoffs The steelers offensive line is downright pathetic and they continue to WIn and the Packers D has been bad this yr and yet they keep winning and the Patriots D is abysmal and yet they continue to Win and why u ask? Becaues there QB's don't make gut wrenching Turnovers in crucial situations Wheater it be 6fumbles or 11picks In Wins ELI is really good with 12td 2int In losses ELI has 11td 9int which is very David Garrard if u will lol That is not ELITE is it? And that is during a YR everyone is saying is ELI"S best seasons ever!

jhamburg
12-11-2011, 11:00 AM
</p>

*</p>

Did you even watch the Eagles game.* Eli had about one second to throw befeore he was getting hit.* This O-line sucks and it is amazing they have 6 wins when you consider that they also have one of the worst defenses in the league.* Thank god for Eli or the Giants would be 0-12.* </p>** He was rolling out of the pocket for godsake!* He had more then a* second LOL* he just didn't feel the pressure and wasen't protecting the ball** which is not anything knew with ELI!* Hes done it before plenty of times!* Dude threw a ridiculous pick in that game as well!* Sure there were some drops but you've got to be outta your gord to not blame alot of a game your D holds the other team to 10points going into the 4th qter and u lose!** So when we win its all ELI and when we lose its always someone else** right???lol**** Give me a break!*** The D had nothing to do with Holding NE to zero points in the first half for like the 1st time in yrs they've been held to zip by half?* What if they scored 10points?* Guess what?* Then good Old ELI dosen't even have a chance to "carry" us to VICTORY on his shoulders and all by himself!

Theres no debating the guys solid!** Hes a total solid QB!* I feel that***** But hes definetly not ELITE*** Thats just silly!* The Saints* don't have a Great D** yet they continue to WIN and will be in the playoffs* The steelers offensive line is downright pathetic and they continue to WIn and the Packers D has been bad this yr and yet they keep winning and the Patriots D is abysmal and yet they continue to Win and why u ask? Becaues there QB's don't make gut wrenching Turnovers in crucial situations** Wheater it be 6fumbles or 11picks*** In Wins ELI is really good with 12td 2int**** In losses** ELI has 11td* 9int** which is very David Garrard if u will lol** That is not ELITE** is it?* And that is during a YR everyone is saying is ELI"S* best seasons ever!

Saying how many INTs he had in losses is so stupid and irrelevant. Your hero Drew Brees has 5TD, 5INT in losses, clearly not elite right?

jomo
12-11-2011, 11:10 AM
It sounds like my brother posting here. He ignores all the mistakes of other (even elite) quarterbacks and isolates one of Eli's.He then builds a story around the mistake like. "Eli's come at the worst possible time" blah blah blah.</P>

That performance in the Eagles game was amazing. that last throw to Cruz was a 30 yard dart thrown flat footed because a defender was rolling up on his toes.</P>

Easy E is having a great season and I am thrilled to have him on our side. A few more yearsat this level and he'll be considered the greatest Giants QB of all time. IMHO</P>

mstray92
12-11-2011, 11:15 AM
</p>

</p>

Did you even watch the Eagles game. Eli had about one second to throw befeore he was getting hit. This O-line sucks and it is amazing they have 6 wins when you consider that they also have one of the worst defenses in the league. Thank god for Eli or the Giants would be 0-12. </p> He was rolling out of the pocket for godsake! He had more then a second LOL he just didn't feel the pressure and wasen't protecting the ball which is not anything knew with ELI! Hes done it before plenty of times! Dude threw a ridiculous pick in that game as well! Sure there were some drops but you've got to be outta your gord to not blame alot of a game your D holds the other team to 10points going into the 4th qter and u lose! So when we win its all ELI and when we lose its always someone else right???lol Give me a break! The D had nothing to do with Holding NE to zero points in the first half for like the 1st time in yrs they've been held to zip by half? What if they scored 10points? Guess what? Then good Old ELI dosen't even have a chance to "carry" us to VICTORY on his shoulders and all by himself!

Theres no debating the guys solid! Hes a total solid QB! I feel that But hes definetly not ELITE Thats just silly! The Saints don't have a Great D yet they continue to WIN and will be in the playoffs The steelers offensive line is downright pathetic and they continue to WIn and the Packers D has been bad this yr and yet they keep winning and the Patriots D is abysmal and yet they continue to Win and why u ask? Becaues there QB's don't make gut wrenching Turnovers in crucial situations Wheater it be 6fumbles or 11picks In Wins ELI is really good with 12td 2int In losses ELI has 11td 9int which is very David Garrard if u will lol That is not ELITE is it? And that is during a YR everyone is saying is ELI"S best seasons ever!

This right here! Well said man!

Itlan
12-11-2011, 11:38 AM

Do you know how stupid you sound?*** hahhaha!** Dude don't try to talk football with me!** The guys been a* Turnover machine since he joined the NFL**** U can try and blame the Oline or gilbride or the crowd or the vending machine outside the locker room* but it just sounds all most downright pathetic that u can even think that ELI's crucial turnovers are on anyone but himself!***** Just stupid!!!!lol
Is English your first language? Or are you just this stupid?

I can't argue with someone who can barely comprehend the language. Good luck with living in your bubble.

appodictic
12-11-2011, 11:49 AM

So let me say you can track some threads of mine where I say "How come we only expect eli to play well and not great?" This year is is playing great, no question about it. BUT all his mistakes usually boil down to bad decisions, on at least 3 of his picks he had someone open in the flat. However he has tons of 40+ yard big plays.

We really never get three phases going together. If there is a stretch where the D plays great the offense does not and we don't build a lead. If the o plays well the defence will bumble something. Like vick last year, or this years rogers 80 yards in 50 seconds play.

the only good news here is that we still can make the playoffs, and this year and next our younger players have a lot of work under their belt. Remember C Webs first year he got tourched but he came back strong next year. We have so many young guys close to brining us wins next year they really might be a force.

GameTime
12-11-2011, 11:53 AM
how many mistakes than ANY QB makes are not usually criticle???</P>

Eli's picks suck....whether he is throwing 10 or 25 they all suck. Look at Rodgers....he throws only his 5th pick of the season and the Giants turn it into 7 points. </P>

When a QB throws a pick or fumbles on a sack bad things usually happen. Eli is no exception.</P>

</P>