PDA

View Full Version : 2 reasons why the Giants regrouped and went all the way

paul007
02-09-2012, 08:33 PM
1- they cut Matt Dodge and took on weatherford.
2- they resigned Chase Blackburn.

I hope the Giants can be creative and keep almost everyone!

Ross deserves to return. With Webster, TT, Prince and Ross we have good CBs.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 09:17 PM
HEALTH was the reason.

jppmvp90
02-09-2012, 09:26 PM
they signed weatherford before the year and were 7-7 with him. silly point to make.

dutchnyg
02-09-2012, 10:20 PM
1. Eli Manning
2. His Pass to Victor Cruz against the Jets that went 99 yds for a TD

IBelieveEli
02-10-2012, 02:06 AM
Got Healthy.
Almost beat the undefeated Packers when they were ROLLING.

JMFP2
02-10-2012, 02:49 AM
1. Eli Manning 2. His Pass to Victor Cruz against the Jets that went 99 yds for a TD</P>

</P>

Lots of huge plays this season.....but if I had to pick one play in the regular season, that might have been the biggest, just in terms of completely changing the momentum of the game.</P>

Toadofsteel
02-10-2012, 03:36 AM
Agree with dragonsoul. Everyone got healthy at the right time. If we suffered only half the injuries we did, the following losses would have been wins: @WAS, SEA, PHI, @SF, GB, WAS. The only game we would have lost would have been @NO.

miked1958
02-10-2012, 05:33 AM
1. Eli Manning
2. His Pass to Victor Cruz against the Jets that went 99 yds for a TD
Which was similar to Bradshaws 88 yard td against Buffalo in 07

miked1958
02-10-2012, 05:53 AM
they signed weatherford before the year and were 7-7 with him. silly point to make.

No down the stretch Weatherford time and time again switched field position for us. That's Hugh.

Also he is singlehandedly responsible for putting us in position to get on getting the safeties vs Dallas and NE by pinning them so deep. Didn't we get a third one somewhere. I know we had the one against us vs falcons but I could swear we had another 2pointer along the way

SweetZombieJesus
02-10-2012, 07:17 AM
Weatherford was huge (and they'd better resign him pronto). But that doesn't explain how they pulled out of annual the 4 game losing streak.

- Osi coming back
- Tuck getting a little healthier and getting his head straight (all in)
- The return of Boley
- Bringing Blackburn back was a spark plug

GCGiant
02-10-2012, 07:18 AM
Getting rid of Matt Dodge was huge, IMO. There is more to punting than just having a big leg.

One of the things I didn't like about that kid was he just looked lost...and if there is any possibility that it is infectuous, then you don't want that.

OX1
02-10-2012, 07:31 AM
Getting rid of Matt Dodge was huge, IMO. There is more to punting than just having a big leg. One of the things I didn't like about that kid was he just looked lost...and if there is any possibility that it is infectuous, then you don't want that.</P>

Still don't understand how any rational human could have wanted to keep dodge. Even halfway through the season I posted ta hread to see if some still wanted dodge back and some said yes??</P>

</P>

SweetZombieJesus
02-10-2012, 07:41 AM
Getting rid of Matt Dodge was huge, IMO. There is more to punting than just having a big leg. One of the things I didn't like about that kid was he just looked lost...and if there is any possibility that it is infectuous, then you don't want that.</p>

Still don't understand how any rational human could have wanted to keep dodge. Even halfway through the season I posted ta hread to see if some still wanted dodge back and some said yes??</p>

</p>

I hated Dodge but there was one reason to keep him. OK, two.

1) We already invested in him and paid a heavy price with that 2010 year. Wasteful to throw that away after such a big sacrifice.

2) He did have a big leg.

Having said that, Weatherford shows direction and accuracy is more important than a booming kick.

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 07:54 AM
They got healthy was a big reason also. I do agree with Weatherford. He was a huge upgrade over Dodge.

Mercury
02-10-2012, 08:04 AM
I was a Dodge supporter. I thought he was not as nervous as when he first started, was improving, and had a big leg.

However, I completely hopped on board with Weatherford in preseason. And I realized he would make the roster because he could also be our holder on FGs. I am very happy with him, all season long and right now I want him as our punter for the next 20 years.

OX1
02-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Getting rid of Matt Dodge was huge, IMO. There is more to punting than just having a big leg. One of the things I didn't like about that kid was he just looked lost...and if there is any possibility that it is infectuous, then you don't want that.</P>

Still don't understand how any rational human could have wanted to keep dodge. Even halfway through the season I posted ta hread to see if some still wanted dodge back and some said yes??</P>

</P>

I hated Dodge but there was one reason to keep him. OK, two.

1) We already invested in him and paid a heavy price with that 2010 year. Wasteful to throw that away after such a big sacrifice.

2) He did have a big leg.

Having said that, Weatherford shows direction and accuracy is more important than a booming kick.
</P>

1. A bust is bust and it was easily apparent........ Even after dodge supposedly "improved"</P>

2. Big legjust made his line drives get down the field even farther and faster, giving the return guy plenty of time to plan out his route. </P>

Weatherfords average distance was within a couple yards of dodge, last time I saw numbers put up. On top of that, WF keeps the field of play down the other side of the field when we are going back and forth with 3 and outs. Whats the point of a big leg if the return eats up 20 yards (or gets 20 yards auto from touchback)</P>

</P>

With that said, I have seen WF punt a couple of line drives this year, but that was a COUPLE!! </P>

</P>