PDA

View Full Version : They all deserve new contracts

Mohann
02-09-2012, 09:08 PM
I hate the salary cap.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 09:14 PM
I hate the salary cap.
If they didn't have it, it would have turned into baseball. And it then becomes a bigger issue with drafting and getting gems as JR has done fairly well.

It really does give those organizations the edge. BB has been drafting for the Pats and has done pretty bad in recent years. Still amazing how he still makes it work even with a lot of bad pieces he picks up.

ELIteManning
02-09-2012, 09:21 PM
I hate the salary cap.
If they didn't have it, it would have turned into baseball. And it then becomes a bigger issue with drafting and getting gems as JR has done fairly well.

It really does give those organizations the edge. BB has been drafting for the Pats and has done pretty bad in recent years. Still amazing how he still makes it work even with a lot of bad pieces he picks up.

I think I read the patriots had 18 undrafted players on their active roster for the superbowl. thats crazy.

foosball
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
We have a great GM. Giants are doing fine.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 10:58 PM
I hate the salary cap.

I think I read the patriots had 18 undrafted players on their active roster for the superbowl. thats crazy.a lot had to do with their poor drafting recently.

ELIteManning
02-09-2012, 11:06 PM
I hate the salary cap.

I think I read the patriots had 18 undrafted players on their active roster for the superbowl. thats crazy.a lot had to do with their poor drafting recently.

Oh yea... Totally agree. Im just saying it is crazy to have that many undrafted guys active on your team. I give credit though...BB finds a way to make it work and get the best out of those players. Im sorry but he is the best at that. I think he kind of likes it to though because those guys are often coming in with less attitude and all as a lot of other players and free agents. They are always out to prove something. Which in turn helps BB control them easily the way he wants.

T-Murda84
02-09-2012, 11:20 PM
I hate the salary cap.

I do not think football would turn into baseball if the salary cap wasnt there. Most football players do not have long careers anyway. I cant believe people even buy NFL jerseys anymore, with salary cap any1 can be traded....organizations do not show loyalty to the players who turned around their franchise (ex. Peyton Manning, Donovan Mcnabb, Brett Favre, etc).

Thats why u see more holdouts with NFL players than any other sport. I dont blame them, when an organization can cut u at anytime. Theres no way in hell that Osi Umenyiora should be making less than Chris Canty....but because of salary cap and Canty making so much guaranteed, stuff like that happens.