PDA

View Full Version : If you taped the game and pre-game..........

jomo
02-09-2012, 09:29 PM
I just watched the pre-game at the Super Bowl and was so moved by it, starting with the presentation of the Walter Payton trophy followed by the singing of America the Beautiful and the National Anthem.</P>

Watching the clips of Walter were nostalgic and moving.</P>

Miranda Lambert and her husband delivered such a heart feltrendition of America the Beautiful.</P>

I loved the cutaway to Eli; steely eyed; locked and loaded.</P>

Coach C singing along with them, camera pans right to another coach who's eyes are welled up; pan right to Jacobs who is ready to rumble.</P>

There are shots of Cruz who after a week of having fun is clearly ready for the battle ahead.</P>

There are cut aways to our troops in Afghanistan and you hear the fans cheering wildly in the background.</P>

After the song is done, there is a shot of a fan in a white jersey wiping the tears from his eyes.</P>

This was simply an incredible job of directing by the network.</P>

Then we move to the National Anthem performed by Kelly Clarkson.</P>

What an incredible voice, supported by those beautiful and totally engaged kids.</P>

The cut aways to Coughlin and Eli are amazing. At this point, Eli's eyes are even steelier and I want to run through a wall.</P>

I tend to be a football purest and care little about anything other than the game. However, this was the most moving and memorable non football memory I have ever taken away from a Super Bowl.</P>

If you have it on DVR, rewatch it and let me know what you think.</P>

Bravo to the network for directing a spectacular piece.</P>

YATittle1962
02-09-2012, 10:10 PM
I just watched the pre-game at the Super Bowl and was so moved by it, starting with the presentation of the Walter Payton trophy followed by the singing of America the Beautiful and the National Anthem.</P>

Miranda Lambert and her husband delivered such a heart felt*rendition of America the Beautiful.</P>

Coach C singing along with them, camera pans right to another coach who's eyes are welled up; pan right to Jacobs who is ready to rumble.</P>

There are shots of Cruz who after a week of having fun is clearly ready for the battle ahead.</P>

There are cut aways to our troops in Afghanistan and you hear the fans cheering wildly in the background.</P>

After the song is done, there is a shot of a fan in a white jersey wiping the tears from his eyes.</P>

What an incredible voice, supported by those beautiful and totally engaged kids.</P>

The cut aways to Coughlin and Eli are amazing. At this point, Eli's eyes are even steelier and I want to run through a wall.</P>

I tend to be a football purest and care little about anything other than the game. However, this was the most moving and memorable non football memory I have ever taken away from a Super Bowl.</P>

I remember all of that well jo......amazing

scoopscj
02-09-2012, 10:27 PM
I agree it was excellent and engaging but I'm still convinced that Whittney Houston's 1990 SB Anthem was the best in SB XXV

That was a classic and moving performance as the entire stadium waved mini USA Flags, jets flew overhead, and we had just entered the war.

Matt Bahar's end of the game comment about the wristbands were for the troops and the only time I can remember post SB21 that the "I'm going to Disney World" MVP speech was replaced by , "I Dedicate this win to our troops."

Both were emotional, today's and the 1990 version but I think I'm leaning toward 1990 as more meaningful and emotional.

Overall, they both were awesome. Great post Jomo.

Scoops

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 10:31 PM
I stopped DVRing the games starting with the Jets game. So now I have no games saved [:(] But at least we got the SB so I will survive [:)]

scoopscj
02-09-2012, 11:00 PM
Dragon... PM me if you want me to send you a DVD with any win this year in .mkv / avi format

You can play it on your computer. When you convert to dvd though it loses the hi def resolution.... unless you burn to a blu-ray disc.

DragonSoul
02-09-2012, 11:03 PM
Dragon... PM me if you want me to send you a DVD with any win this year in .mkv / avi format*

You can play it on your computer.* When you convert to dvd though it loses the hi def resolution.... unless you burn to a blu-ray disc.

Thanks bro. I want to pick up the playoff/SB set like i did in 08. If i cannot then maybe I will ask 4 the SB game.

Appreciate it.

FBomb
02-09-2012, 11:13 PM

Miranda Lambert and her husband delivered such a heart feltrendition of America the Beautiful.</P>

</P>

I agree with every point in this thread. I was moved by the entire thing. Not WHITNEY moved but moved non the less. Everythingwas genuine and heartfelt and verywell done</P>

........so how did we end up with my grandmotherlip syncing at halftime?</P>

scoopscj
02-09-2012, 11:25 PM
Man, I guess it was just me but I thought Madonna was fairly hot at halftime. Maybe I'm just showing my age.

Scoops

SweetZombieJesus
02-09-2012, 11:29 PM
I stopped DVRing the games starting with the Jets game. So now I have no games saved [:(] But at least we got the SB so I will survive [:)]

Last time we got a DVD box set of the run called "The Road to XLII"...

There's a Saints version for XLIV in Blu-Ray. I hope we get the same and in Blu-Ray this time around.

jomo
02-10-2012, 02:22 PM
I agree it was excellent and engaging but I'm still convinced that Whittney Houston's 1990 SB Anthem was the best in SB XXV

That was a classic and moving performance as the entire stadium waved mini USA Flags, jets flew overhead, and we had just entered the war.

Matt Bahar's end of the game comment about the wristbands were for the troops and the only time I can remember post SB21 that the "I'm going to Disney World" MVP speech was replaced by , "I Dedicate this win to our troops."

Both were emotional, today's and the 1990 version but I think I'm leaning toward 1990 as more meaningful and emotional.

Overall, they both were awesome. Great post Jomo.

Scoops

I do remember Whitney's National Anthem and it was amazing.

Voldamort
02-10-2012, 02:28 PM
all true and great post

Roosevelt
02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
I just watched the pre-game at the Super Bowl and was so moved by it, starting with the presentation of the Walter Payton trophy followed by the singing of America the Beautiful and the National Anthem.</p>

Watching the clips of Walter were nostalgic and moving.</p>

Miranda Lambert and her husband delivered such a heart feltrendition of America the Beautiful.</p>

I loved the cutaway to Eli; steely eyed; locked and loaded.</p>

Coach C singing along with them, camera pans right to another coach who's eyes are welled up; pan right to Jacobs who is ready to rumble.</p>

There are shots of Cruz who after a week of having fun is clearly ready for the battle ahead.</p>

There are cut aways to our troops in Afghanistan and you hear the fans cheering wildly in the background.</p>

After the song is done, there is a shot of a fan in a white jersey wiping the tears from his eyes.</p>

This was simply an incredible job of directing by the network.</p>

Then we move to the National Anthem performed by Kelly Clarkson.</p>

What an incredible voice, supported by those beautiful and totally engaged kids.</p>

The cut aways to Coughlin and Eli are amazing. At this point, Eli's eyes are even steelier and I want to run through a wall.</p>

I tend to be a football purest and care little about anything other than the game. However, this was the most moving and memorable non football memory I have ever taken away from a Super Bowl.</p>

If you have it on DVR, rewatch it and let me know what you think.</p>

Bravo to the network for directing a spectacular piece.</p>

Great points Jomo.

I didn't see it live, but watched it on replay.

When I saw that look on Eli's face, I said man, this guy has grown up. I had never seen that look on his face. And when the camera went to Brady, I thought this guy lacks confidence. Amazing.

And did you hear the FX show?

Brady sounds like a boy screaming out there. He's not the guy I thought he was.

jomo
02-10-2012, 03:53 PM
I just watched the pre-game at the Super Bowl and was so moved by it, starting with the presentation of the Walter Payton trophy followed by the singing of America the Beautiful and the National Anthem.</p>

Watching the clips of Walter were nostalgic and moving.</p>

Miranda Lambert and her husband delivered such a heart felt*rendition of America the Beautiful.</p>

I loved the cutaway to Eli; steely eyed; locked and loaded.</p>

Coach C singing along with them, camera pans right to another coach who's eyes are welled up; pan right to Jacobs who is ready to rumble.</p>

There are shots of Cruz who after a week of having fun is clearly ready for the battle ahead.</p>

There are cut aways to our troops in Afghanistan and you hear the fans cheering wildly in the background.</p>

After the song is done, there is a shot of a fan in a white jersey wiping the tears from his eyes.</p>

This was simply an incredible job of directing by the network.</p>

Then we move to the National Anthem performed by Kelly Clarkson.</p>

What an incredible voice, supported by those beautiful and totally engaged kids.</p>

The cut aways to Coughlin and Eli are amazing. At this point, Eli's eyes are even steelier and I want to run through a wall.</p>

I tend to be a football purest and care little about anything other than the game. However, this was the most moving and memorable non football memory I have ever taken away from a Super Bowl.</p>

If you have it on DVR, rewatch it and let me know what you think.</p>

Bravo to the network for directing a spectacular piece.</p>

Great points Jomo.

When I saw that look on Eli's face, I said man, this guy has grown up.* I had never seen that look on his face.* And when the camera went to Brady, I thought this guy lacks confidence.* Amazing.*

And did you hear the FX show?*

Brady sounds like a boy screaming out there.* He's not the guy I thought he was.

Totally agree, that face on Eli was one we have never seen before. There was no "aw shucks" going on there. Stone cold killer ready to FINISH!

repeatchamps
02-10-2012, 05:20 PM

Great points Jomo.

When I saw that look on Eli's face, I said man, this guy has grown up. I had never seen that look on his face. And when the camera went to Brady, I thought this guy lacks confidence. Amazing.

And did you hear the FX show?

Brady sounds like a boy screaming out there. He's not the guy I thought he was.

Totally agree, that face on Eli was one we have never seen before. There was no "aw shucks" going on there. Stone cold killer ready to FINISH!</P>

The baby-faced assassin [;)](credit to that Kim person who comes on Francesa's show all the time)</P>

TroyArcher
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
I will have to do that. I was so nervous prior to the game I do not recall most of what you wrote above.