PDA

View Full Version : This Is Where The Real GM's Make Their Dough, And Save Our Bacon

BlueBlitzer
02-10-2012, 08:30 AM
Like Ernie and George before Him, JR will tear up Cruz's contract and sign Him long term. Victor was not a flash in the pan. He did it all year long, against the best competition the NFL had to offer. As long as he is under contract, you can always cut Him if the Pie is too large and the effort's too little. Or put it another way. If Victor Cruz follows His break out season with ( and this is possible, because this kid is still learning ) an equivalent or even a better year. His agent will have Him holding out for aLarry Fitzgerald Jack Pot.

bansaw
02-10-2012, 08:38 AM
Victor Cruz should be the least of our worries right now

I'm disappointed in him

bLuereverie
02-10-2012, 08:44 AM
Cruz will get paid accordingly when the time is right. You can't just amicably dish out big contracts after each good season especially in with a team with impending cap issues.

I'm disappointed in him

He was asked a very specific question about his contract and he answered it. It's not indicative of a demand in greater pay. Just an expectation that, in all honesty, matches our own. We were just hoping for later than sooner.

bansaw
02-10-2012, 08:49 AM
Cruz will get paid accordingly when the time is right. You can't just amicably dish out big contracts after each good season especially in with a team with impending cap issues.

I'm disappointed in him

He was asked a very specific question about his contract and he answered it. It's not indicative of a demand in greater pay. Just an expectation that, in all honesty, matches our own. We were just hoping for later than sooner.sure hope so

bansaw
02-10-2012, 08:50 AM
get him and his mom a Chunky Soup deal with his baby in it to cover his extra NFL Salary

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 08:51 AM
You are so right. There are so many tough decesions for JR to make this off season.

BlueBlitzer
02-10-2012, 08:53 AM
We don't have to break the bank, just sign Him long term like we did Osi. ( To which we reaped the rewards of 2 Super Bowls ). Not Donald Trump money. But isn't He worth at least Cris Canty money ?

bansaw
02-10-2012, 08:54 AM
We don't have to break the bank, just sign Him long term like we did Osi. ( To which we reaped the rewards of 2 Super Bowls ). Not Donald Trump money. But isn't He worth at least Cris Canty money ?lol Chris Canty money is killing us right now

bLuereverie
02-10-2012, 08:56 AM
We don't have to break the bank, just sign Him long term like we did Osi. ( To which we reaped the rewards of 2 Super Bowls ). Not Donald Trump money. But isn't He worth at least Cris Canty money ?
Cruz is not going to sign a long term contract at 400k a year. If he gets a longer contract, it will be significant enough to bend what little cap we have at the moment.

If we can save even just one year from that, it will be HUGE in terms of who can be brought back next year at a chance for a repeat.

Cruz's time will come, but there are about 30 players that need to be addressed before him. Haste is what got the Giants' FO in a tight position to begin with.

BlueBlitzer
02-10-2012, 09:07 AM
We don't have to break the bank, just sign Him long term like we did Osi. ( To which we reaped the rewards of 2 Super Bowls ). Not Donald Trump money. But isn't He worth at least Cris Canty money ? Cruz is not going to sign a long term contract at 400k a year. If he gets a longer contract, it will be significant enough to bend what little cap we have at the moment. If we can save even just one year from that, it will be HUGE in terms of who can be brought back next year at a chance for a repeat. Cruz's time will come, but there are about 30 players that need to be addressed before him. Haste is what got the Giants' FO in a tight position to begin with.</P>

Excuse me, but Which of the thirty players are before Cruz ? </P>

bansaw
02-10-2012, 09:12 AM
If you could only press the <font color="#FF0000" size="4">O</font> button in real life to erase Cap Penalties

XxBigWhitxX
02-10-2012, 09:18 AM
Guys its easy. All we have to do is go to main menu>franchise settings>and turn the cap salary off. [:)].

bLuereverie
02-10-2012, 09:26 AM
We don't have to break the bank, just sign Him long term like we did Osi. ( To which we reaped the rewards of 2 Super Bowls ). Not Donald Trump money. But isn't He worth at least Cris Canty money ? Cruz is not going to sign a long term contract at 400k a year. If he gets a longer contract, it will be significant enough to bend what little cap we have at the moment. If we can save even just one year from that, it will be HUGE in terms of who can be brought back next year at a chance for a repeat. Cruz's time will come, but there are about 30 players that need to be addressed before him. Haste is what got the Giants' FO in a tight position to begin with.</P>

Excuse me, but Which of the thirty players are before Cruz ? </P>

21 Free Agents to start. Whether they are being brought back or not, each will be evaluated.
IR'ed players form last season who need to be evaluated/settled
Brandon Jacobs and his upcoming bonus due in March
Osi Umenyiora and his contract dispute
Possible restructuring multiple players contracts to even make room for an adequate pay to Cruz AND Nicks
7 Draft Picks in April excluding pending compensatory picks/trades/UFAs

Need I go on?

All of those are necessary to sort to even find out what the cap will look like to even allow for a long term deal not just with Cruz, but with anyone.

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 09:50 AM
We don't have to break the bank, just sign Him long term like we did Osi. ( To which we reaped the rewards of 2 Super Bowls ). Not Donald Trump money. But isn't He worth at least Cris Canty money ?lol Chris Canty money is killing us right now

</P>

</P>

+1</P>

</P>

we don't have enough room to sign guys that are UFAs this year, let alone handing out raises to guys that still have time left on their contracts.</P>

</P>

and i love Cruz, we couldn't have got this far without him, but its been one year undrafted free agent.</P>

String two of them together and we'll talk.</P>

GameTime
02-10-2012, 10:07 AM

I'm disappointed in him
</P>

listen to the interview. He is very humble about it and even says he doesnt like talking about this stuff. </P>

</P>

BlueBlitzer
02-10-2012, 10:17 AM
That's why you pay a GM. There are players who need to be cut or have their contracts reduced. Rocky Bernard has His Bling ( Bye Bye Rocky ) Boley , Canty, Rolle need to have their contracts reduced. Role has helped tremendously, but is He worth the highest paid safety in the league worthy ? ( He got His Ring, and it was mostly because of Eli ) I just don't remember any pick-six's from Him. He can take a cut. look my point is that there are moves to be made here. ( We are not what JJ once called " Salary Cap Hell " here ). There is no 80 mill. guaranteedfor the 1st Rd pick anymore ( more likely 26 mill. ) We pick last every Rd. how much will the draft really cost us ? And sadly there are players who need to be cut.

bLuereverie
02-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Your point of the thread was that the move to be made was to rip up his contract and sign Cruz to a long term contract. That is the last GM move to make in February.

VelocityVirus
02-10-2012, 10:35 AM
What you're all forgetting is that while he might have another year left on his contract, if we don't get a deal done this off-season, he has no obligation to resign with us after next year. If he has another stellar year, he's gone once he hits Free Agency......plain and simple.

We need to lock him up now while his price is still doable for us.

BlueBlitzer
02-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Your point of the thread was that the move to be made was to rip up his contract and sign Cruz to a long term contract. That is the last GM move to make in February.</P>

I didn't say WHEN He'd do it. You're probably right. JR may do it during or after Training camp. I also said this is where GM's make their dough. What do you think of this ? We let Osi walk, sign only one FA ( Mario Williams ) after said cuts and reducers are in place, and simply slide Kiwi back to DE ?</P>

Marvelousmik
02-10-2012, 10:40 AM
Excuse me, but Which of the thirty players are before Cruz ? </p>

bansaw
02-10-2012, 10:42 AM
he's the prime example of the guy who goes out and works hard in camp and gets rewarded or right around Christmas

he should be fine for now

Coach Carter
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM

I'm disappointed in him

See, that is what I meant by asking you if it is your money. Dude, did you take any economics courses in hs or college?

That is capitalism, you get paid what you're worth. If you're worth more, you get more, that simple. Those guys have very short careers and play without guaranteed contracts. 80% of football players are divorced and bankrupt within five years of retirement. And they have a ton of crippling injuries.

What would you expect him to do?

Coach Carter
02-10-2012, 12:07 PM

I'm disappointed in him

See, that is what I meant by asking you if it is your money. Dude, did you take any economics courses in hs or college?

That is capitalism, you get paid what you're worth. If you're worth more, you get more, that simple. Those guys have very short careers and play without guaranteed contracts. 80% of football players are divorced and bankrupt within five years of retirement. And they have a ton of crippling injuries.

What would you expect him to do?

bansaw
02-10-2012, 12:18 PM

I'm disappointed in him

What would you expect him to do?fine

how about you actually type some questions into google and come back to me with some names of players that were renegotiated after stellar rookie years...I already showed the Texans let Arian Foster play out his rookie contract...he`s now a FA who wants to stay there -- he was undrafted as well
Cruz should be smarter than getting roped by the media
Its a fact of the NFL, you gotta suck it up and the cash will come

i look forward to any names you can find that got re upped after great rookie years

if we renegotiate with him I`m all for that too, just no way in hell he should be front page news with everything else we have

bLuereverie
02-10-2012, 12:23 PM
Your point of the thread was that the move to be made was to rip up his contract and sign Cruz to a long term contract. That is the last GM move to make in February.</P>

I didn't say WHEN He'd do it. You're probably right. JR may do it during or after Training camp. I also said this is where GM's make their dough. What do you think of this ? We let Osi walk, sign only one FA ( Mario Williams ) after said cuts and reducers are in place, and simply slide Kiwi back to DE ?</P>

Nicks should be paid first. Then Cruz.