PDA

View Full Version : Hey Warner...SHUT UP!!!

Snappinnecks
02-10-2012, 08:29 AM
He keeps mentioning QBs that put a team on their backs. Eli had freaking EIGHT 4th quarter comebacks including a Super Bowl MVP performance. Throw in the dynamics of the ridiculous amount of injuries to our starting defense and how bad the defense played earlier in the year. How the hell is that NOT putting a team on your back??

When Warner played with the Rams they ran 5 wide against everyone. Every receiver had exceptional speed. No one could defend it. He had at least one guy running free on every damn play. Difficult throws in THAT offense? Hardly any. If there were ANY throws that were difficult it was because he chose to make the throw to that particular receiver NOT because it was the only place left to go! I ask you: Is that putting a team on your back??

Down-lifer
02-10-2012, 08:48 AM
Well said and I agree 100%! The only time Warner was "amazing" in a season is when he had the best receiving core in the nfl! F him, he's a hater and jealous of Eli!

GameTime
02-10-2012, 08:53 AM
About putting the team on his back Warner said he needs to do this for more than 1season. Its not so much what Warner said but how he said it. He was a little too aggressive in his attitude IMO. </P>

I have no prob with whoever saying if Eli's career ended tomorrow he would go to the HOF. I kind of agree. Two more seasons with stats like he has been having and he is a lock. </P>

Warner also said he wished he had 2 rings too. He took nothing away from Eli he just feels he needs more seasons of similar play to acheive the HOF. Basically he is saying Eli is playing like a HOFer he just doesnt have the body workor length of time in yet. </P>

I thought he could have toned down his presentation of it though.</P>

BTW...Warners stats and achievments as a QB has 0 to do with what he thinks or says on this topic.</P>

Diamondring
02-10-2012, 08:57 AM
Warner is right about Eli and Eli needs to keep on playing at a high level.

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 08:58 AM
He has talked a ton of talking lately. I don't know where this comes from.

Diamondring
02-10-2012, 09:01 AM
Well said and I agree 100%! The only time Warner was "amazing" in a season is when he had the best receiving core in the nfl! F him, he's a hater and jealous of Eli!I think that when Warner came to the Rams, all of the Hall of Fame players were nobodies then as time went by, they start doing well because of Warner who was a real good passer. I think that Marshal Faulk was a new type of rb in Kurts time with the Rams.

egyptian420
02-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Warner is right about Eli and Eli needs to keep on playing at a high level.
this.....let's be honest folks, this is by far Eli's best year. If he keeps this up, there is no doubt at all that he will be a HOFer

I want to say there's a bit of sour grapes in there but you got to see this from non-Giant fans or an analyst's perspective. If you're not a G-men fan, you're probably sick to death about all the Eli conversations going on (is he better than Peyton, is he a future HOFer, is he as good as Brady)....people are just going overboard with all this stuff, and Eli himself doesn't get involved with any of that, rightfully so.

VTJay
02-10-2012, 10:05 AM
Torrey Holt, Issac Bruce and Marshall Faulk were nobody's until Warner came? Ahhh, Ok... there third reciver was az hakim who was one of the fastest players in football, they also had one of the best O-lines in football.. </P>

</P>

that said, people are being too sensitive, What kurt said is correct, Eli is going in a hall of fame direction but hasn`t done enough yet, that is totally true</P>

Sarcasman
02-10-2012, 10:11 AM
Well said and I agree 100%! The only time Warner was "amazing" in a season is when he had the best receiving core in the nfl! F him, he's a hater and jealous of Eli!I think that when Warner came to the Rams, all of the Hall of Fame players were nobodies then as time went by, they start doing well because of Warner who was a real good passer. I think that Marshal Faulk was a new type of rb in Kurts time with the Rams.

Yeah, Marshall Faulk sucked until he started getting handed the ball in that special way that only Kurt Warner knows....

swordfish
02-10-2012, 10:12 AM
He keeps mentioning QBs that put a team on their backs. Eli had freaking EIGHT 4th quarter comebacks including a Super Bowl MVP performance. Throw in the dynamics of the ridiculous amount of injuries to our starting defense and how bad the defense played earlier in the year. How the hell is that NOT putting a team on your back??

When Warner played with the Rams they ran 5 wide against everyone. Every receiver had exceptional speed. No one could defend it. He had at least one guy running free on every damn play. Difficult throws in THAT offense? Hardly any. If there were ANY throws that were difficult it was because he chose to make the throw to that particular receiver NOT because it was the only place left to go! I ask you: Is that putting a team on your back??You forgot to mention that we had no running game and Warner had a hall of fame RB in Marshal Faulk.

Marvelousmik
02-10-2012, 10:18 AM
About putting the team on his back Warner said he needs to do this for more than 1season. Its not so much what Warner said but how he said it. He was a little too aggressive in his attitude IMO. </p>

I have no prob with whoever saying if Eli's career ended tomorrow he would go to the HOF. I kind of agree. Two more seasons with stats like he has been having and he is a lock. </p>

Warner also said he wished he had 2 rings too. He took nothing away from Eli he just feels he needs more seasons of similar play to acheive the HOF. Basically he is saying Eli is playing like a HOFer he just doesnt have the body workor length of time in yet. </p>

I thought he could have toned down his presentation of it though.</p>

BTW...Warners stats and achievments as a QB has 0 to do with what he thinks or says on this topic.</p>

Marvelousmik
02-10-2012, 10:20 AM

When Warner played with the Rams they ran 5 wide against everyone. Every receiver had exceptional speed. No one could defend it. He had at least one guy running free on every damn play. Difficult throws in THAT offense? Hardly any. If there were ANY throws that were difficult it was because he chose to make the throw to that particular receiver NOT because it was the only place left to go! I ask you: Is that putting a team on your back??

Warner is a great qb. he has been to 3 superbowls. he lead the rams to 2 and came out of retirement and almost lead a bad cardinals team to another ring. How he said it was a little harsh but what he said is true. if eli stopped playing now he wouldnt deserve to me in the HOF. Even eli will admit that. I think he will make it one day though.

NYBlue10
02-10-2012, 11:51 AM
Warner is so over-rated it's not even funny, and he certainly isn't a great QB.

Any QB with decent ability would've won with that Rams offense, Trent Green was on the course for a beast season until he got hurt in pre-season, and after Warner left Rams Marc Bulger looked beast in that offense for a while.

Warner in Arizona was hardly impressive, that team was 9-7 and played in NFC Weak, c'mon. Too many Warner fanboys on this forum.

giantsfan420
02-10-2012, 11:54 AM

Yeah, Marshall Faulk sucked until he started getting handed the ball in that special way that only Kurt Warner knows....

lol right. i always wondered how the colts woulda been if faulk stayed with them. faulk made warner what he is imo, defenses had to gameplan for faulk, NOT warner which opened up the pass game, where faulk was actually a huge piece.

but manning and faulk woulda been unstoppable. one of the best all time rbs with one of the best all time qbs, woulda been sweet.

but no, faulk was already a proven player who was offensive rookie of the year and pro bowl mvp and had several 1,000 yard seasons rushing and was awesome as a pass option before he got to st. luis, when he got there, thats when the rams took off.

GameTime
02-10-2012, 11:57 AM
Warner is so over-rated it's not even funny, and he certainly isn't a great QB. Any QB with decent ability would've won with that Rams offense, Trent Green was on the course for a beast season until he got hurt in pre-season, and after Warner left Rams Marc Bulger looked beast in that offense for a while. Warner in Arizona was hardly impressive, that team was 9-7 and played in NFC Weak, c'mon. Too many Warner fanboys on this forum.</P>

to say he isnt a great QB is to say you've never seen the guy play. He had great talent around him...of course. But he still has to pass the ball...right? His accuracy for more than several years was fantastic. </P>

Whats so bad about saying the guy was a top notch QB??? Because he said something about Eli that you dont like???</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

NYBlue10
02-10-2012, 12:02 PM
Warner is so over-rated it's not even funny, and he certainly isn't a great QB. Any QB with decent ability would've won with that Rams offense, Trent Green was on the course for a beast season until he got hurt in pre-season, and after Warner left Rams Marc Bulger looked beast in that offense for a while. Warner in Arizona was hardly impressive, that team was 9-7 and played in NFC Weak, c'mon. Too many Warner fanboys on this forum.</P>

to say he isnt a great QB is to say you've never seen the guy play. He had great talent around him...of course. But he still has to pass the ball...right? His accuracy for more than several years was fantastic. </P>

Whats so bad about saying the guy was a top notch QB??? Because he said something about Eli that you dont like???</P>

*</P>

*</P>

*</P>
Why do you assume that my take on Warner isn't genuine? He is simply not a great QB in my book, period. I've seen far better, Montana, Elway, Aikman, Young, Simms, on and on. Eli is better than Warner too.

TheEnigma
02-10-2012, 12:05 PM
I keep seeing people point out the fact that since Warner had an awesome team, it somehow diminishes what he did in St. Louis as if he was being carried.

Torry Holt and Issac Bruce were great receivers but don't you think it's possible that Nicks and Cruz also have the potential to be a duo as great as these two were together for years to come?

People are claiming he's just a system QB but then he goes to Arizona and makes them relevant to the point of almost winning a Superbowl.

I'm sorry but when a QB takes two separate teams to the big dance, that's a telling sign to me that he's pretty damn good.

GameTime
02-10-2012, 12:13 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Why do you assume that my take on Warner isn't genuine? He is simply not a great QB in my book, period. I've seen far better, Montana, Elway, Aikman, Young, Simms, on and on. Eli is better than Warner too.</P>

Not saying you are not genuine I am just disagrreing with you. I never said or even mentioned what I think his ranking is. I said he was a very good QB who played great at times. IMO...if you cant see that then you arent really watching. But thats just me. You have ur opnion and thats cool.</P>

Firenugget
02-10-2012, 12:32 PM
I dunno why you guys get so bothered by it. People have said nothing but nonsense since Eli arrived so why is Warner hitting a nerve all of a sudden? Change the channel.

Sarcasman
02-10-2012, 01:12 PM
I keep seeing people point out the fact that since Warner had an awesome team, it somehow diminishes what he did in St. Louis as if he was being carried.

Torry Holt and Issac Bruce were great receivers but don't you think it's possible that Nicks and Cruz also have the potential to be a duo as great as these two were together for years to come?

People are claiming he's just a system QB but then he goes to Arizona and makes them relevant to the point of almost winning a Superbowl.

I'm sorry but when a QB takes two separate teams to the big dance, that's a telling sign to me that he's pretty damn good.

He was very damn good. He was also a system QB. Those two terms are not mutually exclusive.

burier
02-10-2012, 02:11 PM
its like any person who ever had anything to do with the Giants at any point in history even if it was for just one season half of which was on the bench is on some sort of hollowed ground.

Kurt Warner...really?

For the love of god man why is anyone even asking his opinion? If he wants to break down some film fine but now he's an expert on whos getting in the HOF???

The guy got totally gassed because he's a feel good story which is all fine and good but keep it in perspective. Eli's second year with the team he won what? 10 games? Warner should have been able to manage a hell of a lot better than that being a league MVP an all.

But no...he was holding the ball. Scared to pull the trigger, fumbling, holding his thumb.

Please this guy can't say anything about Eli.