PDA

View Full Version : Sign a veteran TE and draft one in the later rounds..

Shockeyitus
02-10-2012, 09:49 AM
Possible veterans to look at:</P>

Visante Shiancoe - Former Giants that has great hands, decent blocker. No QB in MN.</P>

Joel Dreessen - Really athletic and didnt get the love because of Owen Daniels</P>

John Carlson - Traditional Giant-like TE. Tough, Big, Strong and good all around game.</P>

Leonard Pope - Big dude who is an excellent blocker. Athletic enough to get downfield. No QB in KC.</P>

Draft:</P>

Round 3 - Michael Egnew, Missouri.... big, athletic guy that fell off the map this past season, but he can play.</P>

Round 4- Ladarius Green, Louisiana Lafayette.... freakish athlete. instant offensive threat, but needs to add some weight and develop his blocking.</P>

Round 5 - Nick Provo, Syracuse... caught everything. Great hands and good runner. Needs to work on blocking. </P>

Voldamort
02-10-2012, 02:30 PM
If one of that top four comes cheap?

BlueSanta
02-11-2012, 12:00 AM
This is 1 of our few options. If we cant get a vet TE, then we have to look to draft 1 earlier possibly still need another guy late round for depth.

We just have nobody at the position right now

gmen0820
02-11-2012, 12:07 AM
Carlson is a ****ty blocker, so he isn't a traditional Giants TE.

Dreessen is the best option IMO. He is by far the best run and pass blocker, and has good hands. He won't command a lot of money..

deekay7685
02-13-2012, 01:10 PM
Leonard Pope to replace Ballard to be a decent, low cost signing.
I see us drafting Allen or Fleener is the top 2 rounds.
if someone like ERodriguez is UDFA i can see us signing him to take over Bekhum's role.
Pascoe returns as te/fb

hutch
02-13-2012, 02:52 PM
i think reese will stick with hopkins and pascoe and see how that works out. then make a move if one goes down or if hopkins doesnt develop. we all thought we desperately needed a new TE after boss and reese stuck with ballard who knew the system. it worked out pretty well. ive all but completely abandoned second guessing anything reese does anymore.

myles2424
02-13-2012, 03:32 PM
Leonard Pope to replace Ballard to be a decent, low cost signing.
I see us drafting Allen or Fleener is the top 2 rounds.
if someone like ERodriguez is UDFA i can see us signing him to take over Bekhum's role.
Pascoe returns as te/fb am I crazy or didn't we have pope in like 2 years ago & we let him leave without a deal???

sharick88
02-13-2012, 03:58 PM
You forgot to add Shockey to the vet TE list. LOL

DaDiesel
02-25-2012, 09:07 PM
Sign Shiancoe, and draft Green! If he doesn't work out at TE, he can play WR....