PDA

View Full Version : At the cost of getting flamed.....

GGTM_1977
02-10-2012, 09:56 AM
Raiders release CB Stanford Routt.......this guy is a good CB...maybe we should bring him in and take a look

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 10:04 AM
i wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign one FA this year.</P>

and if we do, it'll be to replace a salary with a cheaper salary.</P>

My beef with FA is there's no 'deals' out there. you always end up paying basically max dollars possible.</P>

That's why Rolle is a $9 million hit this year, Canty is an almost $8 million hit this year, and Baas is only $800k short of what the Jets pay Mangold.</P>

FAs tie your hands in future years because you're paying maximum market value.</P>

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 10:06 AM
The question is what would his price be? He is a talented DB and we have so many of our own FA's.

rwmcquarters
02-10-2012, 01:02 PM
i wouldn't be surprised if we don't sign one FA this year.</p>

and if we do, it'll be to replace a salary with a cheaper salary.</p>

My beef with FA is there's no 'deals' out there. you always end up paying basically max dollars possible.</p>

That's why Rolle is a $9 million hit this year, Canty is an almost $8 million hit this year, and Baas is only $800k short of what the Jets pay Mangold.</p>

FAs tie your hands in future years because you're paying maximum market value.</p>

100% agreed.

CruzSoldier
02-10-2012, 01:07 PM
The Baas signing was the worse signing Reese has made since being the GM of the giants. He was average with the 49ers I really don't see what they saw in his "talent". Boothe has been much better IMHO.

MattMeyerBud
02-10-2012, 01:10 PM
The Baas signing was the worse signing Reese has made since being the GM of the giants. He was average with the 49ers I really don't see what they saw in his "talent". Boothe has been much better IMHO.

...just like trading for Eli was the worst move many thought

guy stepped it up in the biggest stage there is in football. Baas played great

Lets give the guy another year before we decide about him. Many said the same thing about Boley and Canty and they have been beasts for us.

He had a year of learning a new offense and gelling with new players with no offseason and alot of injury problems.

Lets judge at the end of next year

Toadofsteel
02-10-2012, 01:11 PM
We're more than filled at CB. TT, Webster, Ross (if we keep him), and Prince (who won't be as green this year)

THE_New_York_Giants
02-10-2012, 01:12 PM

Lets give the guy another year before we decide about him.* Many said the same thing about Boley and Canty and they have been beasts for us.

He had a year of learning a new offense and gelling with new players with no offseason and alot of injury problems.

I didn't here wilforks name being called a lot

MattMeyerBud
02-10-2012, 01:14 PM
We're more than filled at CB. TT, Webster, Ross (if we keep him), and Prince (who won't be as green this year)

TT &amp; Ross are FAs

MattMeyerBud
02-10-2012, 01:15 PM

Lets give the guy another year before we decide about him. Many said the same thing about Boley and Canty and they have been beasts for us.

yea tahts what i'm sayin. They also had their other fat guy on him alot and he did a good job on him as well

Giants_Dude
02-10-2012, 01:19 PM
No wonder Osi wants more money their getting top pay and he's only getting 3.8 million, big difference.

MattMeyerBud
02-10-2012, 01:22 PM
No wonder Osi wants more money their getting top pay and he's only getting 3.8 million, big difference.

Osi got an extension that was front loaded when he asked for a new deal.

Osi got paid...

Harooni
02-10-2012, 01:25 PM

My beef with FA is there's no 'deals' out there. you always end up paying basically max dollars possible.</p>

That's why Rolle is a $9 million hit this year, Canty is an almost $8 million hit this year, and Baas is only $800k short of what the Jets pay Mangold.</p>

FAs tie your hands in future years because you're paying maximum market value.</p>

well said, however that is the price you pay when you know the players talent., when you draft you are rolling the dice on if that player will thrive at the next level or not.

Harooni
02-10-2012, 01:26 PM

well said, however that is the price you pay when you know the players talent., when you draft you are rolling the dice on if that player will thrive at the next level or not.

bluesince86
02-10-2012, 01:33 PM

Lets give the guy another year before we decide about him.* Many said the same thing about Boley and Canty and they have been beasts for us.

yea tahts what i'm sayin. They also had their other fat guy on him alot and he did a good job on him as well

He did a decent job in the Super Bowl, but Im not convinced that he is the solution at C, mainly due to the run blocking and injury issues he had this year. Im also not writing him off yet either. I would like to see what he can do with a full offseason (OTA's, Training Camp ect...) before making any judgements about him.

MattMeyerBud
02-10-2012, 01:43 PM

He did a decent job in the Super Bowl, but Im not convinced that he is the solution at C, mainly due to the run blocking and injury issues he had this year. Im also not writing him off yet either. I would like to see what he can do with a full offseason (OTA's, Training Camp ect...) before making any judgements about him.

na, he did a great job in the superbowl...

im not convinced either. Only thing im convinced of is that it would be ridic to cut him before next seasons.

JJC7301
02-10-2012, 03:00 PM

Good point about Baas, Canty, and Boley, but regardless CDN is right about FA and the cap. It looks like we get creamed in the cap for FA signings. In hindsight, I'd rather have Boothe as my starting center, and have Baas's cap space to help retain other Giants. I don't think Baas is going to be worth the cap space that he's taking up.

MattMeyerBud
02-10-2012, 03:04 PM

Good point about Baas, Canty, and Boley, but regardless CDN is right about FA and the cap. It looks like we get creamed in the cap for FA signings. In hindsight, I'd rather have Boothe as my starting center, and have Baas's cap space to help retain other Giants. I don't think Baas is going to be worth the cap space that he's taking up.

Baas would be in the second year of a 5 year deal, we'd get murdered on the cap

DemandedAce
02-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Raiders release CB Stanford Routt.......this guy is a good CB...maybe we should bring him in and take a look

Won't flame ya ever for this, quality CBs are what the league requires nowadays. However, as others have said, our cap just can't afford any real signings this offseason which I'm pretty fine with considering our current roster just won the SB haha.