PDA

View Full Version : Can Mario Williams Be On Our Shopping List ?

BlueBlitzer
02-10-2012, 10:29 AM
Is He a FA, and if He is. Do we let Osi walk and slide Kiwi back to DE ?

MikeIsaGiant
02-10-2012, 10:30 AM
Too expensive IMO, do we even have enough room to work with?

buddy33
02-10-2012, 10:43 AM
No. The Giants will not make any big FA signings. They have no room and have guys they need to resign.

Zaggs
02-10-2012, 10:48 AM
No. The Giants will not make any big FA signings. They have no room and have guys they need to resign.

Exactly. They need to get under the cap first before they worry about signing people. This is another problem I have with Reese and how "great" he supposedly is. We're in cap hell every year. He may have an eye for talent, but that doesn't mean much if you can't keep the talent around.

buddy33
02-10-2012, 10:55 AM
I have absolutely no problem with Reese.

He has put together a team that just won the Super Bowl.

I trust he will draft well and pick up FA that help the team win just like he did this year.

DaKraken
02-10-2012, 11:00 AM
NO

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 11:01 AM
</P>

Is this for real?</P>

10 thread on how screwed up our cap is and we're wondering if we can sign probably the best pass rusher in FA?</P>

</P>

Drez
02-10-2012, 11:02 AM
If we can't afford to give Osi a raise, how can we afford Mario Williams?

NYSPORTS
02-10-2012, 11:05 AM
Yes, Mario Williams is on the list and the Giants should keep every one of their DE's.

Unfortunatley, the Giants will only be able to field 10 players on their roster while the rest of the league has 53.

Com'on man

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 11:06 AM
Yes, Mario Williams is on the list and the Giants should keep every one of their DE's. Unfortunatley, the Giants will only be able to field 10 players on their roster while the rest of the league has 53. Com'on man</P>

LOL.</P>

needed a laugh. thx.</P>

bansaw
02-10-2012, 11:07 AM
</p>

Is this for real?</p>

10 thread on how screwed up our cap is and we're wondering if we can sign probably the best pass rusher in FA?</p>

</p>especially this Free Agency

there will be a ton of serviceable vets available at a last resort
I`d still rather a half assed Osi and beast in Playoffs over Williams

TheEnigma
02-10-2012, 11:08 AM
Yes, Mario Williams is on the list and the Giants should keep every one of their DE's.

Unfortunatley, the Giants will only be able to field 10 players on their roster while the rest of the league has 53.

Com'on manHey, he did a good job playing as a linebacker in Wade's system this year. I'm sure he can play them all!

Spizi
02-10-2012, 11:19 AM

In the beginning of the year when tuck was hurt I said we should trade him and Osi for a first and sign Williams. That should definitely give us the room but no way we do that now.

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 11:21 AM
</P>

Is this for real?</P>

10 thread on how screwed up our cap is and we're wondering if we can sign probably the best pass rusher in FA?</P>

</P>

especially this Free Agency

there will be a ton of serviceable vets available at a last resort
I`d still rather a half assed Osi and beast in Playoffs over Williams
</P>

same.</P>

</P>

rwmcquarters
02-10-2012, 11:49 AM
Definitely expecting another offseason where the only real noise is the players that are let loose.

MattMeyerBud
02-10-2012, 11:56 AM

Mario is a 4-3 DE, and 3-4 OLB...

so if we WERE to get Mario, he'd be playing DE.

We dont' have the cap for Mario. He is entering the prime of his career coming off his rookie deal. He is going to get PAAAAID

I'd rather resign Osi for half and half the time...

I think as much as I think Osi really *****ed out early this year - he deserves a new extension. Just not what he wanted though

LT_was_good
02-10-2012, 12:35 PM

Exactly. They need to get under the cap first before they worry about signing people. This is another problem I have with Reese and how "great" he supposedly is. We're in cap hell every year. He may have an eye for talent, but that doesn't mean much if you can't keep the talent around.

Agreed. I would much rather be 6-10 and $30 million under the cap. I'm sure Bucs and Jaguars fans are excited to buy commemorative DVDs detailing their triumphant rise to the top of the Most Cap Space list.