PDA

View Full Version : Since I don't follow College Ball

Firenugget
02-10-2012, 01:54 PM
Any beastly 4-3 LBers coming out?

TheEnigma
02-10-2012, 02:20 PM
I know a little bit but I'll do my best to help.

You got 3 good inside linebackers in the 1st round in Luke Kuechly (Boston College), Vontaze Burfict (Arizona State), and Donta Hightower (Alabama).

Kuechly has very good instincts and intelligence for the MLB position but he does have concerns with his athleticism at the next level. He's projected as a top 20 pick so getting him isn't likely.

Burfict has the physical attributes and can make big plays but he has SERIOUS attitude problems. He headbutted a QB, choked another player, and even refused to leave the field when his coach told him to. He lead college this year in penalties. Very risky pick.

Hightower is the biggest but slowest of them all. Since he played a 3-4 with Alabama, he's projected to go to a 3-4 team but he will try his best to show he can go to a 4-3 team in the combines as well.

The OLB class is more deep but none of them really stand out as "Oh wow!".

I can talk about them a little if you want.

Firenugget
02-10-2012, 03:20 PM

You got 3 good inside linebackers in the 1st round in Luke Kuechly (Boston College), Vontaze Burfict (Arizona State), and Donta Hightower (Alabama).

Kuechly has very good instincts and intelligence for the MLB position but he does have concerns with his athleticism at the next level. He's projected as a top 20 pick so getting him isn't likely.

Burfict has the physical attributes and can make big plays but he has SERIOUS attitude problems. He headbutted a QB, choked another player, and even refused to leave the field when his coach told him to. He lead college this year in penalties. Very risky pick.

Hightower is the biggest but slowest of them all. Since he played a 3-4 with Alabama, he's projected to go to a 3-4 team but he will try his best to show he can go to a 4-3 team in the combines as well.

lol yeah I did hear some stuff about Burflict. Nah no reason to go deep into it, was just curious how deep it was gonna be at LB this year. I like Blackburn/Goff/Williams but I dunno, I miss having at least one dominant LB. Seems like we haven't really had one since Armstead. That's a long time now.

JJC7301
02-10-2012, 03:33 PM

lol yeah I did hear some stuff about Burflict. Nah no reason to go deep into it, was just curious how deep it was gonna be at LB this year. I like Blackburn/Goff/Williams but I dunno, I miss having at least one dominant LB. Seems like we haven't really had one since Armstead. That's a long time now.

The FO does not really value LBs like they do the d-line and secondary. They would probably take a LB high in the draft if one dramatically fell into their laps.

I'm actually comfortable with our LB corp, now. I have to admit though -- Vontaze Burfict would be intriguing. The guy is like a heat seeking missile. He may have attitude problems, but a veteran team like the Giants headed by TC may actually be what soothes the beast. I love the way the guy flies around the field.

Every mock draft I've seen has Baltimore drafting Burfict.

Gary'sReason
02-10-2012, 09:42 PM
An undersized ball-sniffing hound that if he's there In the third i'd grab is sean spence from the U. I live In miami and watched him a lot, a mini vilma type, great motor, but small. Think he's going to surprise In the NFL.

JDE123
02-10-2012, 10:03 PM
Depending upon what happens with Blackburn and Kiwanuka, the linebacking crew could get real young real fast. If that's the case, I'd say it's probably the position you least want to bring in someone with character questions.