PDA

View Full Version : Kurt lost his job to Bulger and Eli

elismom
02-10-2012, 02:33 PM
Nothing HOF about that

boom Kurty boy

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 02:35 PM
Warner was a very nice rags to riches story. He has a amzing but very short career.

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
Warner was a very nice rags to riches story. He has a amzing but very short career.</P>

I wouldn't put him in the Hall. i think he just barely falls short, but i think he'll get in on the first ballot.</P>

But the Kurt hate right now because he dared to suggest that Eli hasn't earned a spot in the Hall yet, is a riot.</P>

You're all like a bunch of scorned women.</P>

Actually its more like a bunch of 6 year old girls holding their breath. What a collective temper tandrum we're having over the past few days on the Giants MB.</P>

gumby742
02-10-2012, 02:52 PM
To be fair, Bulger was pretty good. He was just on a crap team.

elismom
02-10-2012, 03:02 PM
Warner was a very nice rags to riches story. He has a amzing but very short career.</P>

I wouldn't put him in the Hall.* i think he just barely falls short, but i think he'll get in on the first ballot.</P>

But the Kurt hate right now because he dared to suggest that Eli hasn't earned a spot in the Hall yet, is a riot.</P>

Actually its more like a bunch of 6 year old girls holding their breath.* What a collective temper tandrum we're having over the past few days on the Giants MB.</P>

yeah I actually like Kurt

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 03:05 PM
To be fair, Bulger was pretty good. He was just on a crap team.</P>

Its amazing to me that we just won the Super Bowl, and some of us are acting like little girls because Kurt Warner stated his honest and well reasoned opinion. Any of us can disagree but for God's sake the lashing out here has been embarrassing. He didn't say Eli wasn't a fine player, he just said that he thought he hadn't earned a HOF plaque just yet. Hardly harsh critisism.</P>

Lets just enjoy our championship and let guys have their opinions about Eli without unleashing the mindless attacks. </P>

</P>

Ruttiger711
02-10-2012, 03:06 PM
If Warner had discovered earlier the merits of wearing a glove on this throwing hand, Eli may have not seen the field for 2-3 seasons, nevermind his first. Actually he may have never left St Louis. The Giants never had the MVP Kurt Warner. </P>

He had a thumb injury which gave him trouble gripping the ball... it would just fall out of his hand when he brought the ball down... he started using it and his production went back to St Louis greatest show quality in Arizona... Im not saying wearing a glove makes you throw a ball better.. but it sure as hell helped ol Kurt. </P>

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 03:08 PM

I wouldn't put him in the Hall. i think he just barely falls short, but i think he'll get in on the first ballot.</P>

Actually its more like a bunch of 6 year old girls holding their breath. What a collective temper tandrum we're having over the past few days on the Giants MB.</P>

yeah I actually like Kurt</P>

Really?......Your post suggests a little cattiness at best. </P>

</P>
<DIV id=_ctl0__ctl1_bcr__ctl0___PostRepeater__ctl1_Post ViewWrapper class=ForumPostContentText>Nothing HOF about that

boom Kurty boy .........Elismom</DIV>

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 03:09 PM
If Warner had discovered earlier the merits of wearing a glove on this throwing hand, Eli may have not seen the field for 2-3 seasons, nevermind his first. Actually he may have never left St Louis. The Giants never had the MVP Kurt Warner. </P>

He had a thumb injury which gave him trouble gripping the ball... it would just fall out of his hand when he brought the ball down... he started using it and his production went back to St Louis greatest show quality in Arizona... Im not saying wearing a glove makes you throw a ball better.. but it sure as hell helped ol Kurt. </P>

</P>

Yes but he said that Eli isn't a Hall of Famer yet.</P>

<FONT color=#ff0000>He must be destroyed!!!!</FONT></P>

gumby742
02-10-2012, 03:12 PM

Its amazing to me that we just won the Super Bowl, and some of us are acting like little girls because Kurt Warner stated his honest and well reasoned opinion.* Any of us can disagree but for God's sake the lashing out here has been embarrassing.* He didn't say Eli wasn't a fine player, he just said that he thought he hadn't earned a HOF plaque just yet.* Hardly harsh critisism.</P>

Lets just enjoy our championship and let guys have their opinions about Eli without unleashing the mindless attacks.* </P>

*</P>

Agree. we're all ecstatic that Eli is playing at such a high level. If our defense can stay average (lol), we'll be good for a very long time.

Discussing Eli with those guys is like playing with fire. You know it's going to hurt, but it's oh so fun. But I can definitely be less harsh though. Yesterday was bonus day. Not fun.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-10-2012, 03:12 PM
If Warner had discovered earlier the merits of wearing a glove on this throwing hand, Eli may have not seen the field for 2-3 seasons, nevermind his first.* Actually he may have never left St Louis.* The Giants never had the MVP Kurt Warner.* </P>

He had a thumb injury which gave him trouble gripping the ball... it would just fall out of his hand when he brought the ball down... he started using it and his production went back to St Louis greatest show quality in Arizona...* Im not saying wearing a glove makes you throw a ball better.. but it sure as hell helped ol Kurt.* </P>

</P>

lol

Voldamort
02-10-2012, 03:13 PM
not enough to get into the hall

gumby742
02-10-2012, 03:14 PM
If Warner had discovered earlier the merits of wearing a glove on this throwing hand, Eli may have not seen the field for 2-3 seasons, nevermind his first.* Actually he may have never left St Louis.* The Giants never had the MVP Kurt Warner.* </P>

He had a thumb injury which gave him trouble gripping the ball... it would just fall out of his hand when he brought the ball down... he started using it and his production went back to St Louis greatest show quality in Arizona...* Im not saying wearing a glove makes you throw a ball better.. but it sure as hell helped ol Kurt.* </P>

</P>

Regarding the he must be destroyed. This is completely out of left field, but I was watching Charlie Brown the other night. Lucy says some really witty stuff. Stuff that I would never have understood as a kid.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-10-2012, 03:16 PM

</P>

Regarding the he must be destroyed. This is completely out of left field, but I was watching Charlie Brown the other night. Lucy says some really witty stuff. Stuff that I would never have understood as a kid.
go watch old disney movies and stuff. Used to watch with my little niece. They throw in some adult humor and you think "omg i never realized it" and chuckle a little bit

THE_New_York_Giants
02-10-2012, 03:16 PM

</P>

go watch old disney movies and stuff. Used to watch with my little niece. They throw in some adult humor and you think "omg i never realized it" and chuckle a little bit

burier
02-10-2012, 03:17 PM

Its amazing to me that we just won the Super Bowl, and some of us are acting like little girls because Kurt Warner stated his honest and well reasoned opinion.* Any of us can disagree but for God's sake the lashing out here has been embarrassing.* He didn't say Eli wasn't a fine player, he just said that he thought he hadn't earned a HOF plaque just yet.* Hardly harsh critisism.</P>

Lets just enjoy our championship and let guys have their opinions about Eli without unleashing the mindless attacks.* </P>

*</P>

The problem is he has no business sharing his opinion.

What if Eli came out of nowhere and started saying that Kurt Warner was a garbage analyst? Or wasn't one of the best analysts or whatever.

He's been saying that Eli doesn't belong in the HOF to litterally anyone who will listen.

He's the one acting like a little girl all because he probably yucked it up with all his buddies about how bad Eli sucks so he could feel better about getting benched.

THE_New_York_Giants
02-10-2012, 03:20 PM

*</P>

What if Eli came out of nowhere and started saying that Kurt Warner was a garbage analyst? Or wasn't one of the best analysts or whatever.

He's been saying that Eli doesn't belong in the HOF to litterally anyone who will listen.

He's the one acting like a little girl all because he probably yucked it up with all his buddies about how bad Eli sucks so he could feel better about getting benched.
and it's gonna make him so money

ashleymarie
02-10-2012, 03:23 PM
I have nothing against Kurt Warner. I hope he gets in the HOF someday. When I see statements that I perceive as insulting to Eli, whether real or not, it gigs me the wrong way. I try not to let it penetrate or upset me but sometimes it does. I do feel very strongly that Warner could have waited with this info until after our superbowl enjoyment was on the wan.

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 03:28 PM

Its amazing to me that we just won the Super Bowl, and some of us are acting like little girls because Kurt Warner stated his honest and well reasoned opinion. Any of us can disagree but for God's sake the lashing out here has been embarrassing. He didn't say Eli wasn't a fine player, he just said that he thought he hadn't earned a HOF plaque just yet. Hardly harsh critisism.</P>

Lets just enjoy our championship and let guys have their opinions about Eli without unleashing the mindless attacks. </P>

</P>

The problem is he has no business sharing his opinion. What if Eli came out of nowhere and started saying that Kurt Warner was a garbage analyst? Or wasn't one of the best analysts or whatever. He's been saying that Eli doesn't belong in the HOF to litterally anyone who will listen. He's the one acting like a little girl all because he probably yucked it up with all his buddies about how bad Eli sucks so he could feel better about getting benched.</P>

He's a commentator on TV. He gets paid to express his opinion. You've got to be kidding me.</P>

And to ashleymarie.......Saying that a QB hasn't earned a place in the HOF after 8 years in the league is hardly an insult. Not even close.</P>

We're all being a tad sensative here people.</P>

Ruttiger711
02-10-2012, 03:46 PM

</P>

The problem is he has no business sharing his opinion. What if Eli came out of nowhere and started saying that Kurt Warner was a garbage analyst? Or wasn't one of the best analysts or whatever. He's been saying that Eli doesn't belong in the HOF to litterally anyone who will listen. He's the one acting like a little girl all because he probably yucked it up with all his buddies about how bad Eli sucks so he could feel better about getting benched.</P>

Actually sharing his opinion IS his business right now. Its not like Warner went tugging on the sleeves of any reporter that would listen to him - he's asked a question and he answers it... </P>

NFLN went around to practically all their analysts about the whole Gisele thing... now THAT was disapointing... the analysts really have no business answering that crap. </P>

elismom
02-10-2012, 03:53 PM

*</P>

ur like a big baby uh? I mean you can't talk without you acting like a child. Now don't go banning me for this, you came in my post knocking me around. Listen we are not the only ones talkinga bout it. ITs been all over every media outlet so whats the harm in talking about the obvious?

elismom
02-10-2012, 03:54 PM
And my pt was, He shold be talking about eli because eli took his job. Not even JC could stop him from hating on eli!

buffyblue
02-10-2012, 03:58 PM

*</P>

I actually think the entire nature of his business right now is to share his opinion. He is an NFL analyst. It is what he is suppossed to do.

Kurt Warner never stated that he thought Eli Manning is a bad QB or he should never go in. He just stated that he needs a little bit more. He also didnít have any hate for him. Kurt may be a little bit bitter but he didnít come off that way.

Eli Manning and Kurt Warner are both going in to HoF on the first time ballot anyway. I donít think there will even be a doubt as to either one.

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 04:00 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

great post. agree completely.</P>

and i agree with Warner too.</P>

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 04:00 PM

</P>

ur like a big baby uh? I mean you can't talk without you acting like a child. Now don't go banning me for this, you came in my post knocking me around. Listen we are not the only ones talkinga bout it. ITs been all over every media outlet so whats the harm in talking about the obvious?</P>

Wow. Nice temper tandrum. Do you feel better now?</P>

Thanks for making my case for me. You lash out when Eli gets critisism AND when you get it too. I love it.</P>

And yes, sometimes I poke posters with a stick when I think they deserve it. I 've been poked a few times and it makes the boards interesting. The strong ones take it with grace and humor, the weaklings lash out.</P>

Which one will you end up being?</P>

buffyblue
02-10-2012, 04:03 PM

*</P>

Actually sharing his opinion IS his business right now.* Its not like Warner went tugging on the sleeves of any reporter that would listen to him - he's asked a question and he answers it...** </P>

NFLN went around to practically all their analysts about the whole Gisele thing... now THAT was disapointing... the analysts really have no business answering that crap.* </P>

I just watched Rich Eisens podcast on NFL network and Troy Aikman actually just joked about the whole Gissele thing when it was brought up. He deflected it very nicely.

elismom
02-10-2012, 04:04 PM

*</P>

ur like a big baby uh? I mean you can't talk without you acting like a child. Now don't go banning me for this, you came in my post knocking me around. Listen we are not the only ones talkinga bout it. ITs been all over every media outlet so whats the harm in talking about the obvious?</P>

Wow.* Nice temper tandrum.* Do you feel better now?</P>

Thanks for making my case for me.* You lash out when Eli gets critisism AND when you get it too.* I love it.</P>

And yes, sometimes I poke posters with a stick when I think they deserve it.* I 've been poked a few times and it makes the boards interesting.* The strong ones take it with grace and humor, the weaklings lash out.</P>

Dood? Temper? No....Loosen up is all, its a message board. A bunch of guys with keyboards.

CDN you agree? Shocker

elismom
02-10-2012, 04:06 PM

*</P>

Wow.* Nice temper tandrum.* Do you feel better now?</P>

Thanks for making my case for me.* You lash out when Eli gets critisism AND when you get it too.* I love it.</P>

And yes, sometimes I poke posters with a stick when I think they deserve it.* I 've been poked a few times and it makes the boards interesting.* The strong ones take it with grace and humor, the weaklings lash out.</P>

And remember your abou 4-5 yrs my Jr on this board bro. Just cause my post count isn't 25k doesn't mean I haven't een around a long time. And I don't leave when its confiedent like some. I been here since like 2001 baby. And weak is not me. I still push 350 on flat bench! GeT SUM

hhahah

ashleymarie
02-10-2012, 04:07 PM

</P>

</P>

+1000. Cannot speak our opinions without getting our heads pinched off. And by whom? Someone who only has an opinion as we do. Good Lord Almighty to this subject. And to tyrants!</P>

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 04:07 PM

</P>

Wow. Nice temper tandrum. Do you feel better now?</P>

Thanks for making my case for me. You lash out when Eli gets critisism AND when you get it too. I love it.</P>

And yes, sometimes I poke posters with a stick when I think they deserve it. I 've been poked a few times and it makes the boards interesting. The strong ones take it with grace and humor, the weaklings lash out.</P>

Dood? Temper? No....Loosen up is all, its a message board. A bunch of guys with keyboards. CDN you agree? Shocker</P>

I have to loosen up. Its "your" thread. </P>

Hahahahahahahaha!!!!!!</P>

elismom
02-10-2012, 04:12 PM
Whats your pt...

You guys shold make me a mod for just knocking every perdiction out of the water and being called a homer for it!!!! If I lived on this board like some I could run it....

Bow to ELISMOM!

Yeah thers nothing wrong with my thread, you came into it calling us all this that and the other thing because we are talking about Kurt. You and Harooni out there a couple yrs ago with shickey and tiki saying we should stick with KURT!!!

LOLOLOLOLOLOL

Remember what IS aid boys and girls
Elisha=MESSIAH!

And my MM perdiction was ice too!
Eli stole matts ice
Double Checked AROD
ROBBED SMITH OF HIS INNOCENSE!
and then just straight jacked Gisselle!

1 luv

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 04:12 PM

</P>

</P>

+1000. Cannot speak our opinions without getting our heads pinched off. And by whom? Someone who only has an opinion as we do. Good Lord Almighty to this subject. And to tyrants!</P>

</P>

Morehead will always keep it real here. I don't like it when a great pro like Warner expresses his opinion, and a well reasoned one, whether we agree or not, and they all start the "Warner hate".</P>

How about..."I disagree with Kurt Warner and here's why". Its got to be that "Warner sucked" "Warner is just jealous of Eli". "What does Warner know because he was a system QB".</P>

Its all childish nonsense and I will express my opinion when I feel compelled to do so.</P>

If you disagree, tell me how and why.</P>

So I will call it out. It is <U>I</U> who will "Fight The Power"</P>

</P>

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 04:14 PM
Whats your pt... You guys shold make me a mod for just knocking every perdiction out of the water and being called a homer for it!!!! If I lived on this board like some I could run it.... Bow to ELISMOM! Yeah thers nothing wrong with my thread, you came into it calling us all this that and the other thing because we are talking about Kurt. You and Harooni out there a couple yrs ago with shickey and tiki saying we should stick with KURT!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL Remember what IS aid boys and girls Elisha=MESSIAH! And my MM perdiction was ice too! Eli stole matts ice Double Checked AROD ROBBED SMITH OF HIS INNOCENSE! and then just straight jacked Gisselle! 1 luv</P>

When did you become a babbling idiot? It must have just happened.</P>

elismom
02-10-2012, 04:16 PM

*</P>

*</P>

+1000.* Cannot speak our opinions without getting our heads pinched off. And by whom? Someone who only has an opinion as we do. Good Lord Almighty to this subject. And to tyrants!</P>

</P>

Morehead will always keep it real here.* I don't like it when a great pro like Warner expresses his opinion, and a well reasoned one, whether we agree or not, and they all start the "Warner hate".</P>

How about..."I disagree with Kurt Warner and here's why".* Its got to be that "Warner sucked"* "Warner is just jealous of Eli".* "What does Warner know because he was a system QB".</P>

Its all childish nonsense and I will express my opinion when I feel compelled to do so.*</P>

*If you disagree, tell me how and why.</P>

So I will call it out.* It is <U>I</U> who will "Fight The Power"</P>

*</P>

Look at your sig bro

"don't mess with the moorehead"

God Complex Mixed with an already defensive Signature
LOL

Watch this everyone, he came into my thread, came at me. I am sure he is lobbying to ban a guy who has been on the board for more then a decade

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 04:23 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

Morehead will always keep it real here. I don't like it when a great pro like Warner expresses his opinion, and a well reasoned one, whether we agree or not, and they all start the "Warner hate".</P>

How about..."I disagree with Kurt Warner and here's why". Its got to be that "Warner sucked" "Warner is just jealous of Eli". "What does Warner know because he was a system QB".</P>

Its all childish nonsense and I will express my opinion when I feel compelled to do so.</P>

</P>

Look at your sig bro "don't mess with the moorehead" God Complex Mixed with an already defensive Signature LOL Watch this everyone, he came into my thread, came at me. I am sure he is lobbying to ban a guy who has been on the board for more then a decade</P>

Why on earth would I want you banned. You make me look too good.</P>

And I'll change to my pro Red Sox sig. in a couple months.</P>

elismom
02-10-2012, 04:25 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Look at your sig bro "don't mess with the moorehead" God Complex Mixed with an already defensive Signature LOL Watch this everyone, he came into my thread, came at me. I am sure he is lobbying to ban a guy who has been on the board for more then a decade</P>

Why on earth would I want you banned. You make me look too good.</P>

And I'll change to my pro Red Sox sig. in a couple months.</P>

</P>

</P>

Your dismissed. </P>

</P>

Your Welcome</P>

Marty</P>

ashleymarie
02-10-2012, 04:30 PM
Remember Marty as Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid". Back away and let it self implode from it's own S***!

GmenFan1980
02-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Remember Marty as Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid". Back away and let it self implode from it's own S***!

That sounds like the smart thing to do, but........would it be as fun around here with out all the arguing? hmmm lol

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 04:40 PM
Remember Marty as Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid". Back away and let it self implode from it's own S***!</P>

You have yet to make your case about Warner's comments, except to slam Warner. You were saying something about stupid?</P>

elismom
02-10-2012, 04:45 PM
Remember Marty as Ron White says, "you can't fix stupid". Back away and let it self implode from it's own S***!</P>

You have yet to make your case about Warner's comments, except to slam Warner. You were saying something about stupid?</P>

</P>

</P>

My statement is solid. I stand by it and it wasn;t a sick flame against him</P>

Warner lost his job to 2, COUNT IT! 2 Unproven youngsters</P>

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 04:46 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'm curious as to why you would start any thread about a QB that has been out of football for two years.</P>

</P>

Lets see.......Could it have anything to do with his comments about Eli?</P>

ashleymarie
02-10-2012, 04:46 PM
Why would I want to make a case? I posted an OPINION. Get over it!

arrjay
02-10-2012, 04:54 PM
Warner is right, as far as Eli needing to have a few more years like this last one, to go along with the two rings/mvps...before he should be considered a Hall of Famer... but he will .... and should coast right in.

elismom
02-10-2012, 04:57 PM

</P>

</P>

</P>

I'm curious as to why you would start any thread about a QB that has been out of football for two years.</P>

</P>

Lets see.......Could it have anything to do with his comments about Eli?</P>

</P>

</P>

Why would I start a thrad asbout a guy who is realy on tv all day long because he took his team to the pinnacle again in the bes sports in the world?</P>

</P>

Yea I Wonder. Why would I talk about Eli Manning...O yeah and its a giants message board. So odd I talk about the cornerstone of my orginization</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

Roosevelt
02-10-2012, 05:06 PM
To be fair, Bulger was pretty good. He was just on a crap team.</p>

Its amazing to me that we just won the Super Bowl, and some of us are acting like little girls because Kurt Warner stated his honest and well reasoned opinion. Any of us can disagree but for God's sake the lashing out here has been embarrassing. He didn't say Eli wasn't a fine player, he just said that he thought he hadn't earned a HOF plaque just yet. Hardly harsh critisism.</p>

Lets just enjoy our championship and let guys have their opinions about Eli without unleashing the mindless attacks. </p>

</p>

Isn't that on the list of prerequisites for being homer - acting like a little girl, and making mindless attacks? Of course you can't forget classless.

[:)]

Roosevelt
02-10-2012, 05:09 PM
To be fair, Bulger was pretty good. He was just on a crap team.</p>

Its amazing to me that we just won the Super Bowl, and some of us are acting like little girls because Kurt Warner stated his honest and well reasoned opinion. Any of us can disagree but for God's sake the lashing out here has been embarrassing. He didn't say Eli wasn't a fine player, he just said that he thought he hadn't earned a HOF plaque just yet. Hardly harsh critisism.</p>

Lets just enjoy our championship and let guys have their opinions about Eli without unleashing the mindless attacks. </p>

</p>

Oh yes, that's a serious problem. A ex-player sharing his opinion. Oh my.

Delicreep
02-10-2012, 05:21 PM
Here's the thing: I am on a SB high, and a corresponding Eli high right now, and I don't really want to hear a lot of blah blah blah about "Eli's not this" or "the Giants aren't that".
Warner's timing on the field may have been great, but I am not sure he could have had worse timing on this matter (even though I agree with him)

Honesty is a great thing, but we don't give medals to dude's who say "you look fat in that dress" to the prom queen, even if she could stand to lose a few.

Elismom..you continue with your rage with my complete support!!

I say we keel haul him!!!

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 05:44 PM
Why would I want to make a case? I posted an OPINION. Get over it!</P>

Right. Post your opinion without telling us on what you base that opinion. Lets just keep that your little secret.</P>

Its called being a chicken ****.</P>

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 05:47 PM
Here's the thing: I am on a SB high, and a corresponding Eli high right now, and I don't really want to hear a lot of blah blah blah about "Eli's not this" or "the Giants aren't that". Warner's timing on the field may have been great, but I am not sure he could have had worse timing on this matter (even though I agree with him) Honesty is a great thing, but we don't give medals to dude's who say "you look fat in that dress" to the prom queen, even if she could stand to lose a few. Elismom..you continue with your rage with my complete support!! I say we keel haul him!!!</P>

This post is logical, sophisticated and well reasoned.</P>

ButIclaimmy right to call out Olivia or anyone else who I disagree with on this or any other matter.</P>

</P>

Ruttiger711
02-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Here's the thing: I am on a SB high, and a corresponding Eli high right now, and I don't really want to hear a lot of blah blah blah about "Eli's not this" or "the Giants aren't that". Warner's timing on the field may have been great, but I am not sure he could have had worse timing on this matter (even though I agree with him) Honesty is a great thing, but we don't give medals to dude's who say "you look fat in that dress" to the prom queen, even if she could stand to lose a few. Elismom..you continue with your rage with my complete support!! I say we keel haul him!!!</P>

Then you have to start with the networks... ESPN/NFLN/SI whoever...but not the guys answering the questions... the sweat was barely dry on the Lombardi trophy before the question was put to their analysts.... blame these idiot producers who need to sensationalize everything... as though its even needed after the g/d SUPERBOWL. </P>

Roosevelt
02-10-2012, 05:53 PM
Here's the thing: I am on a SB high, and a corresponding Eli high right now, and I don't really want to hear a lot of blah blah blah about "Eli's not this" or "the Giants aren't that".
Warner's timing on the field may have been great, but I am not sure he could have had worse timing on this matter (even though I agree with him)

Honesty is a great thing, but we don't give medals to dude's who say "you look fat in that dress" to the prom queen, even if she could stand to lose a few.

Elismom..you continue with your rage with my complete support!!

I say we keel haul him!!!

So you're saying Eli's like the prom queen? [;)]

chasjay
02-10-2012, 06:00 PM
There is so much to celebrate and so much to think about in getting the team ready for the 2012 season - why are we arguing prematurely about the HOF?

JesseJames
02-10-2012, 06:03 PM
if the Giants had addressed the O line when Kurt was here he might have finished his career with the Giants. Because our O line sucked so bad at that time and the fact that Kurt is a pocket passer he took far too many hits trying to make a play, yes he should have thrown the ball away on a lot of those hits but he was trying to help his team make a play which is what he thought he was brought here to do..as for his comment about Eli I thought was right on point...

Diamondring
02-10-2012, 06:06 PM
I think that we should not get on Kurt for losing his job to Eli because I feel that Kurt started to play kind of sloppy because he was making just one mil for the Giants. We have to remember that Kurt did do well for the Giants that I think the Giants were 5 and 2 when Eli took over?

giantsforce
02-10-2012, 06:12 PM
Warner was a very nice rags to riches story. He has a amzing but very short career.12 years is not a short career.

giantsforce
02-10-2012, 06:13 PM
Warner was a very nice rags to riches story. He has a amzing but very short career.12 years in the NFL is not a short career.

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 06:13 PM
I wish this could stop. My background and my position on this question are as follows:

I am 10 months older than Archie Manning. I was born and raised 54 miles north of Archie's town of Drew and coincidentally, 54 miles west of Oxford, MS (Ole Miss).

I have been an Ole Miss <U>and</U> Giants fan since I was about 6 years old.

I was in the stands at Archie's first college start.

I do not believe a bigger Eli fan than I am exists.

If someone had asked me, immediately after the Super Bowl, if Eli had already earned a place in the HOF, I would have said "Not quite yet. He needs a few more years' production, whether he gets to another Super Bowl or not."

When I first heard about Warner's comments, it was told to me like Kurt had said that Eli was not, and would never be, HOF material. That made me angry until I read what he actually said.

I have been cringing at the word "elite" for several years - now I guess I'll be cringing at every thread that has Hall of Fame in it.

There is so much to celebrate and so much to think about in getting the team ready for the 2012 season - why are we doing this?

I know that some Eli supporters are reacting to certain posters they associate with being anti-Eli (and there may be some justification in some cases).

That's my two cents.

Paging Rodney King!!!

</P>

Here's my credentials.</P>

I was born 1 day before Oral Hershieser.</P>

I was at Yankee Stadium when Thurman Monson hit his first major league home run (I really was, offLew Krauss, who also hit a homer that day)</P>

I was born in Cleveland Ohio on a beautiful Monday September morning. But I have no idea how many miles the hospital was from The Meadowlands.</P>

Anyway......there are no Eli haters. As for me, my only problem with Eli is that he played lousy last year. His improvement (especially in the pocket) was astounding this season.</P>

BUT</P>

What drives me nuts is when a guy (Kurt Warner) suggests something as benign as that Eli hasn't yet earned a spot in the HOF, he is attacked.</P>

"Warner got beat out by Eli and Bulger"</P>

"Warner is overrated"</P>

"Warner is a system QB"</P>

"Warner is jealous of Eli"</P>

Its all pure silliness. If you don't agree with his comments, tell us why not. But deal with Eli's game, not Warner's. Warner's play in the NFL is completely irrelevant. if you think it isn't, than everyone here on the MB who has never been as good a QB as Kurt Warner has no right to an opinion either.</P>

chasjay
02-10-2012, 06:24 PM
I wish this could stop. My background and my position on this question are as follows:

I am 10 months older than Archie Manning. I was born and raised 54 miles north of Archie's town of Drew and coincidentally, 54 miles west of Oxford, MS (Ole Miss).

I have been an Ole Miss <u>and</u> Giants fan since I was about 6 years old.

If someone had asked me, immediately after the Super Bowl, if Eli had already earned a place in the HOF, I would have said "Not quite yet. He needs a few more years' production, whether he gets to another Super Bowl or not."

When I first heard about Warner's comments, it was told to me like Kurt had said that Eli was not, and would never be, HOF material. That made me angry until I read what he actually said.

I have been cringing at the word "elite" for several years - now I guess I'll be cringing at every thread that has Hall of Fame in it.

There is so much to celebrate and so much to think about in getting the team ready for the 2012 season - why are we doing this?

I know that some Eli supporters are reacting to certain posters they associate with being anti-Eli (and there may be some justification in some cases).

That's my two cents.

Paging Rodney King!!!

</p>

Here's my credentials.</p>

I was born 1 day before Oral Hershieser.</p>

I was at Yankee Stadium when Thurman Monson hit his first major league home run (I really was, offLew Krauss, who also hit a homer that day)</p>

I was born in Cleveland Ohio on a beautiful Monday September morning. But I have no idea how many miles the hospital was from The Meadowlands.</p>

Anyway......there are no Eli haters. As for me, my only problem with Eli is that he played lousy last year. His improvement (especially in the pocket) was astounding this season.</p>

BUT</p>

What drives me nuts is when a guy (Kurt Warner) suggests something as benign as that Eli hasn't yet earned a spot in the HOF, he is attacked.</p>

"Warner got beat out by Eli and Bulger"</p>

"Warner is overrated"</p>

"Warner is a system QB"</p>

"Warner is jealous of Eli"</p>

Its all pure silliness. If you don't agree with his comments, tell us why not. But deal with Eli's game, not Warner's. Warner's play in the NFL is completely irrelevant. if you think it isn't, than everyone here on the MB who has never been as good a QB as Kurt Warner has no right to an opinion either.</p>

My long, drawn-out point was that with all my ties and reasons to applaud Eli, even I agree that he has to do more to be a HOF'er. And my other point was that <u>after</u> I read what Warner actually said, I did not have a problem with it. That's okay - I make smart*** comments myself sometimes.

NJGIANTinNC
02-10-2012, 06:30 PM
Kurt also had trouble staying infront of Matt Leinart.

- another low blow, I just don't Like Kurt.

+ and he was the worst starting QB for the Giants I have seen.

Ruttiger711
02-10-2012, 06:45 PM
Kurt also had trouble staying infront of Matt Leinart. - another low blow, I just don't Like Kurt. + and he was the worst starting QB for the Giants I have seen.</P>

never saw dave brown?</P>

Delicreep
02-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Here's the thing: I am on a SB high, and a corresponding Eli high right now, and I don't really want to hear a lot of blah blah blah about "Eli's not this" or "the Giants aren't that". Warner's timing on the field may have been great, but I am not sure he could have had worse timing on this matter (even though I agree with him) Honesty is a great thing, but we don't give medals to dude's who say "you look fat in that dress" to the prom queen, even if she could stand to lose a few. Elismom..you continue with your rage with my complete support!! I say we keel haul him!!!</p>

Then you have to start with the networks... ESPN/NFLN/SI whoever...but not the guys answering the questions... the sweat was barely dry on the Lombardi trophy before the question was put to their analysts.... blame these idiot producers who need to sensationalize everything... as though its even needed after the g/d SUPERBOWL. </p>

Allow me to demonstrate the proper way to answer this question for the week following the SB.

Joe Buck: "So Kurt, do you feel Eli is a Hall of Fame candidate"
Kurt: <font color="#0000FF">"Well Joe, it's too early to make that kind of judgement, but he sure played a great game today"</font>

or

Kurt: <font color="#0000FF">"Well Joe, it's hard to say--great achievements like today go a long way, but the committee will look at his whole career and make that judgement"</font>

or

Kurt:<font color="#0000FF"> "You are just awful in every way. Your voice gives nails on a chalkboard a bad name. I honestly pray for deafness when you are calling the game"</font>

Well...that last one may be a bit too much, but it would still have been a better answer than the one he gave.

ashleymarie
02-10-2012, 06:51 PM
haha to Joe Buck's voice. LOL

GmenFan1980
02-10-2012, 07:09 PM
Here's the thing: I am on a SB high, and a corresponding Eli high right now, and I don't really want to hear a lot of blah blah blah about "Eli's not this" or "the Giants aren't that". Warner's timing on the field may have been great, but I am not sure he could have had worse timing on this matter (even though I agree with him) Honesty is a great thing, but we don't give medals to dude's who say "you look fat in that dress" to the prom queen, even if she could stand to lose a few. Elismom..you continue with your rage with my complete support!! I say we keel haul him!!!</p>

Then you have to start with the networks... ESPN/NFLN/SI whoever...but not the guys answering the questions... *the sweat was barely dry on the Lombardi trophy before the question was put to their analysts.... blame these idiot producers who need to sensationalize everything... as though its even needed after the g/d SUPERBOWL.* </p>

Allow me to demonstrate the proper way to answer this question for the week following the SB.

Joe Buck:* "So Kurt, do you feel Eli is a Hall of Fame candidate"
Kurt: <font color="#0000FF">"Well Joe, it's too early to make that kind of judgement, but he sure played a great game today"</font>

or

Kurt: <font color="#0000FF">"Well Joe, it's hard to say--great achievements like today go a long way, but the committee will look at his whole career and make that judgement"</font>

or

Kurt:*<font color="#0000FF"> "You are just awful in every way.* Your voice gives nails on a chalkboard a bad name.* I honestly pray for deafness when you are calling the game"</font>

Well...that last one may be a bit too much, but it would still have been a better answer than the one he gave.

lol. I hope Kurt would not lose his job for saying the last one, it would become internet gold for life.

my last time i will comment about Kurt, I have no problem for what he said and agree as it stands now Eli is not a HOF.

That being said, I would prefer if Kurt didn't mention Eli being inconsistent, mostly because all QB will have bad games and sometimes even a bad year.

All I hope is if Eli has a great career from here on, people won't hold the 25 INT year against him

Ruttiger711
02-10-2012, 08:42 PM

Then you have to start with the networks... ESPN/NFLN/SI whoever...but not the guys answering the questions... the sweat was barely dry on the Lombardi trophy before the question was put to their analysts.... blame these idiot producers who need to sensationalize everything... as though its even needed after the g/d SUPERBOWL. </P>

Kurt: <FONT color=#0000ff>"Well Joe, it's too early to make that kind of judgement, but he sure played a great game today"</FONT>

or

Kurt: <FONT color=#0000ff>"Well Joe, it's hard to say--great achievements like today go a long way, but the committee will look at his whole career and make that judgement"</FONT>

or

Kurt:<FONT color=#0000ff> "You are just awful in every way. Your voice gives nails on a chalkboard a bad name. I honestly pray for deafness when you are calling the game"</FONT>

</P>

Can't disagree with any of them.</P>

rebelfan1966
02-10-2012, 08:52 PM

I wouldn't put him in the Hall.* i think he just barely falls short, but i think he'll get in on the first ballot.</P>

Actually its more like a bunch of 6 year old girls holding their breath.* What a collective temper tandrum we're having over the past few days on the Giants MB.</P>

First, this HOF talk just kills me. It is always a new angle every year with Eli... We should have kept Rivers, Start J-load, Start Carr, He will never be nothing but a game manager, he just needs to not loose the game, we won inspit of Eli, he is not a top 100 player, he can't carry a team on his shoulder, he has no emotion, he is not elite, and now..... he is not a HOF QB....

Geeez..... there are about a dozen people on this board who wanted him gone, even after he first SBMVP.

Great news is Eli don't let things like this bother him.... he continues to improve year to year, inspit of people saying he has already reached the penacle of his career.

Props to Eli for rising above it all in the worlds toughest market.

Morehead State
02-10-2012, 09:22 PM

I have been an Ole Miss <U>and</U> Giants fan since I was about 6 years old.

That's my two cents.

Paging Rodney King!!!

</P>

Here's my credentials.</P>

I was born 1 day before Oral Hershieser.</P>

I was at Yankee Stadium when Thurman Monson hit his first major league home run (I really was, offLew Krauss, who also hit a homer that day)</P>

I was born in Cleveland Ohio on a beautiful Monday September morning. But I have no idea how many miles the hospital was from The Meadowlands.</P>

Anyway......there are no Eli haters. As for me, my only problem with Eli is that he played lousy last year. His improvement (especially in the pocket) was astounding this season.</P>

BUT</P>

What drives me nuts is when a guy (Kurt Warner) suggests something as benign as that Eli hasn't yet earned a spot in the HOF, he is attacked.</P>

"Warner got beat out by Eli and Bulger"</P>

"Warner is overrated"</P>

"Warner is a system QB"</P>

"Warner is jealous of Eli"</P>

Its all pure silliness. If you don't agree with his comments, tell us why not. But deal with Eli's game, not Warner's. Warner's play in the NFL is completely irrelevant. if you think it isn't, than everyone here on the MB who has never been as good a QB as Kurt Warner has no right to an opinion either.</P>

My long, drawn-out point was that with all my ties and reasons to applaud Eli, even I agree that he has to do more to be a HOF'er. And my other point was that <U>after</U> I read what Warner actually said, I did not have a problem with it. That's okay - I make smart*** comments myself sometimes.
</P>

No, I actually liked your post very much. i was just being a smart *** too.</P>

NJGIANTinNC
02-10-2012, 10:33 PM
Kurt also had trouble staying infront of Matt Leinart. - another low blow, I just don't Like Kurt. + and he was the worst starting QB for the Giants I have seen.</P>

never saw dave brown?</P>

I'm a little young to remember him, however I learned most curse words from my Dad cursing his existence.

I really wish Kurts career ended in NY so I wouldnt have to hear from him anymore.

BParcells777
02-10-2012, 10:40 PM
Kurt has a point

Neither Eli or Rothlinsberger have played long enough to make the HOF call

Also Who Cares??? I dont get the whole HOF thing

I have my own personal favorites and could not care less what sportswriter think.....they are mis-imformed and wrong 99% of the time

Roosevelt
02-10-2012, 10:46 PM
There is so much to celebrate and so much to think about in getting the team ready for the 2012 season - why are we arguing prematurely about the HOF?

Because some think that's what's really important.

Roosevelt
02-10-2012, 10:49 PM
Warner was a very nice rags to riches story. He has a amzing but very short career.</p>

I wouldn't put him in the Hall. i think he just barely falls short, but i think he'll get in on the first ballot.</p>

But the Kurt hate right now because he dared to suggest that Eli hasn't earned a spot in the Hall yet, is a riot.</p>

You're all like a bunch of scorned women.</p>

Actually its more like a bunch of 6 year old girls holding their breath. What a collective temper tandrum we're having over the past few days on the Giants MB.</p>

First, this HOF talk just kills me. It is always a new angle every year with Eli... We should have kept Rivers, Start J-load, Start Carr, He will never be nothing but a game manager, he just needs to not loose the game, we won inspit of Eli, he is not a top 100 player, he can't carry a team on his shoulder, he has no emotion, he is not elite, and now..... he is not a HOF QB....

Geeez..... there are about a dozen people on this board who wanted him gone, even after he first SBMVP.

Great news is Eli don't let things like this bother him.... he continues to improve year to year, inspit of people saying he has already reached the penacle of his career.

Props to Eli for rising above it all in the worlds toughest market.

Of course there wasn't any posters here making those comments.

No one cared about the HOF except you know whos.