PDA

View Full Version : Road to XLVI DVD Set

ghwriter1976
02-10-2012, 02:43 PM
Since we can also expect a complete post-season game DVD collection to go along with our NFL Films highlight disc, I wonder if they're going to include the Jets and Cowboys games along with the playoff games and the Super Bowl.

I haven't heard or read any news about this set yet, but considering that both regular season games were must-wins - and since both games are against fierce rivals - I would love it if they include them.

nygsb42champs
02-10-2012, 02:45 PM
It would be great but I doubt it.

Ruttiger711
02-10-2012, 02:47 PM
all games from the jets to the sb are available on the torrent sites... HD mkv files. Not a retail production by any means, just a straight recording, but its a great keepsake.

EZ_E
02-10-2012, 02:49 PM
It's wishful thinking and I'd love it too, but most likely not happening. I'll keep fingers and toes crossed. If it doesn't happen at least I have those games on DVR.

If all goes as scheduled like it did for the Saints and Packers, the set should be released about 6/6/12.

Voldamort
02-10-2012, 02:50 PM
would make my day!

ghwriter1976
02-10-2012, 02:53 PM
I'm definitely keeping my fingers crossed since I could only listen to the Jets game on Giants.com. That's what I get for moving to St. Louis...

SweetZombieJesus
02-10-2012, 03:12 PM
In 2007 they included the regular season Pats game.

Also saw they did a Blu-Ray set for the Saints so we should get that too.

ghwriter1976
02-10-2012, 04:04 PM
It was a great move to include the Patriots game, since it tells a great story. They lost the first game, then fought their way to get a chance to play them again.

That's why I want to see the Jets & Cowboys games. It tells a great story since we get to see a team that started out 7-7 and worked their way to becoming Super Bowl Champs. NFL knows drama, and it doesn't get any better than that...

kbusch22
02-10-2012, 04:26 PM
I'm almost positive that the Cowboys game will be on there, since it clinched the playoff spot. I'd like the Jets game too but I don't know if they want to put 6 games in the set. It'll definitely be at least 5 though.</P>

YATittle1962
02-10-2012, 04:39 PM
Since we can also expect a complete post-season game DVD collection to go along with our NFL Films highlight disc, I wonder if they're going to include the Jets and Cowboys games along with the playoff games and the Super Bowl.

I haven't heard or read any news about this set yet, but considering that both regular season games were must-wins - and since both games are against fierce rivals - I would love it if they include them.

I think it should include both Cowboy games...the Jet game and obviously the playoffs and SB

YATittle1962
02-10-2012, 04:40 PM

the road to the superbowl single disc blue ray ships March 6

cant wait

NYG4ME
02-10-2012, 05:24 PM
I would love BOTH the cowboys and jets games, I think the cowboys game is a slam dunk.. Jets is a strong possibility as well I think.

ebick
02-10-2012, 05:54 PM
It was a great move to include the Patriots game</P>

The Patriots game that year was so critical to what happened, so much a part of their attitude.</P>

The Patriots were going for an undefeated season and the Giants had NOTHING to play for...their fate was sealed....they could have rested players for the play-offs.....TC said no way.....we play this like we play any other game. And even though they lost, they put up a good fight against the "unbeatable" Patriots. That was so much a part of where their confidence for the SB came from.</P>

The Cowboys &amp; Jets games were certainly important, but I'm not sure that they were in the same way.....it was a do or die thing there....</P>

</P>

</P>

</P>

NYG216
02-10-2012, 08:54 PM
all games from the jets to the sb are available on the torrent sites... HD mkv files. Not a retail production by any means, just a straight recording, but its a great keepsake.

...and illegal.

scoopscj
02-10-2012, 11:19 PM

...and illegal.

Oh wow, that warning should stop everyone from watching a game that isn't on sale anywhere.

GMen869007
02-11-2012, 12:57 AM
I really hope it's available on Blu-Ray this time. I was disappointed that the '08 playoff run was only available in standard def, and furthermore, in 4:3 when I watched it in HD and widescreen live.

They had the '08 Steelers and '09 Saints on Blu Ray, but I didn't see a Blu-Ray set for the '10 Packers which has me worried.

nyghammer75
02-11-2012, 12:10 PM
OT but does anyone know why they stopped releasing America's Game on dvd. i have the 86/90 set. but no 07. they should do a 07/11 set.

JPizzack
02-11-2012, 01:13 PM

...and illegal.

Oh wow, that warning should stop everyone from watching a game that isn't on sale anywhere.

</P>

I'm JPizzack, and I endorse this act of piracy.</P>

I really hope they put the last regular season games in the set, that would be excellent!</P>

Denaliman316
02-11-2012, 02:01 PM

the road to the superbowl single disc blue ray ships March 6

cant wait

Preordered mine yesterday!

SweetZombieJesus
02-11-2012, 02:05 PM
OT but does anyone know why they stopped releasing America's Game on dvd. i have the 86/90 set. but no 07. they should do a 07/11 set.

Yeah, strange, that hasn't come out on DVD but I saw the 2010 Packers on DVD. WTF?

SweetZombieJesus
02-11-2012, 02:09 PM
Preordered mine yesterday!

Just double checking, but you're not talking about this, right?

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p12301412dt.jpg

Cause the "Road to" is the multi disc set of the actual games. If you guys have found that, where? Also I've noticed that the 1 hour season summary they played at 12:00 on game day is also called "The Road to XLIV", maybe that's what you found?

http://nfl.imageg.net/graphics/product_images/p4784303dt.jpg

Denaliman316
02-11-2012, 02:24 PM
Yeah that's what I meant sorry saw it later. Will get both though.

ghwriter1976
02-11-2012, 05:01 PM

Yeah, strange, that hasn't come out on DVD but I saw the 2010 Packers on DVD.* WTF?

They've been inconsistent on America's Game DVD releases ever since the first 40. (My wife got me the big 40-disc box set for Christmas. One of the best gifts I've ever gotten.) They didn't release discs for the '06 Colts or the '07 Giants, but the '08 Steelers episode is included in their special box set with the other five Steelers wins, and then there's the '10 Packers.

My guess is that they'll release 41-50 in a special box set when the time comes, and hopefully also release all 5 "The Missing Rings" episodes around the same time. Maybe they could even complete 5 more Missing Ring episodes...