PDA

View Full Version : Random thought- Woodson/Nicks fist bump

jhamburg
12-05-2011, 03:18 AM
Not really apropos to anything but, when Nicks caught that TD pass and Woodson gave him a pound to congratulate him on the catch, did anyone find that strange? I thought about how I would probably throw a rock through my TV screen if I saw Webster or Ross do that. I guess you can get away with more when you're a future HOFer and your team is 11-0 though.

Itlan
12-05-2011, 03:25 AM
I liked it. Very respectful, especially since it was one-handed. Plus, as you said, Woodson is a future HOFer and has earned his dues. If he wants to give props to someone for beasting on him, I think he's earned that right.

GiantWarfare
12-05-2011, 03:29 AM
It was a sign of respect.

Woodson did all he could to prevent Nicks from catching that ball, he was draped on him, held his jersey and his left arm, and Nicks still one-handed in for the score.

Woodson acknowledged that it was a heck of a play from #88 basically admitting there's nothing he couldve done to stop it.

I thought it was pretty cool, showed great sportsmanship and class, but yea I agree w/ you, its alright coming from a future HOFer on an undefeated team....lol...but not so much from a scrub prone to getting torched at the worst times...

BlueSanta
12-05-2011, 03:30 AM
Why would you react negatively if 1 of our corners, who did everything right but was just beat by an exceptional throw and catch, responded by giving props.

Thats just silly on your part.

NYG4lifeNYK
12-05-2011, 03:34 AM

Woodson did all he could to prevent Nicks from catching that ball, he was draped on him, held his jersey and his left arm, and Nicks still one-handed in for the score.

Woodson acknowledged that it was a heck of a play from #88 basically admitting there's nothing he couldve done to stop it.

I thought it was pretty cool, showed great sportsmanship and class, but yea I agree w/ you, its alright coming from a future HOFer on an undefeated team....lol...but not so much from a scrub prone to getting torched at the worst times...

+1 verbatim

jhamburg
12-05-2011, 03:42 AM
Why would you react negatively if 1 of our corners, who did everything right but was just beat by an exceptional throw and catch, responded by giving props.

Thats just silly on your part.

Because you're a part of a defense that just gave up a drive ending in a TD. You should be mad and fired up to get back on the field, not like "Oh well, you got me there." That kind of attitude flies on an undefeated team, but not a team in the middle of a collapse.

fletch842
12-05-2011, 08:13 AM
that was a great catch by Nicks. The zebras should have thrown a flag for interference just in case it was dropped, they usually do, but they missed numerous calls, and made quite a few that they shouldn't have. A few even went in our favor !!

PrideofNY
12-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Hakeem Nicks is Woodson's kryptonite. Remember last year when he threw him on the ground when he was getting pressed burned him for a TD?

hungrrrry
12-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Not really apropos to anything but, when Nicks caught that TD pass and Woodson gave him a pound to congratulate him on the catch, did anyone find that strange? I thought about how I would probably throw a rock through my TV screen if I saw Webster or Ross do that. I guess you can get away with more when you're a future HOFer and your team is 11-0 though.</P>

If Ross or Websterhad piss-poor coverage(which they did a few times) and they scored and then gave the GB WR a fist bump then yes, I would be pissed but that wasn't the case. Woodson even Interfered with the catch but Nicks made it anyway...with one hand. Woodson looked better for it rather than pitching a fit and getting in Nicks' face. That would have made Charles look like a *****!</P>

miked1958
12-05-2011, 10:14 AM
I liked it

Drez
12-05-2011, 10:46 AM

</P>

This. </P>

And as said, it only works because Woodson is so good.</P>

Drez
12-05-2011, 10:47 AM
that was a great catch by Nicks. The zebras should have thrown a flag for interference just in case it was dropped, they usually do, but they missed numerous calls, and made quite a few that they shouldn't have. A few even went in our favor !!</P>

I have a feeling that if Nicks didn't catch it, they would have thrown the flag. No real need to call a penalty that will get turned down.</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 10:48 AM
I like Woodson and that was all due for respect, good catch by Nicks and really Nicks is Woodson's kyrptonite.

I Bleed Blue
12-05-2011, 01:54 PM
Not really apropos to anything but, when Nicks caught that TD pass and Woodson gave him a pound to congratulate him on the catch, did anyone find that strange? I thought about how I would probably throw a rock through my TV screen if I saw Webster or Ross do that. I guess you can get away with more when you're a future HOFer and your team is 11-0 though.

WOW! just WOW! It's called respect for your opponent. How can you possibly turn something like that into a negative?

Kruunch
12-05-2011, 02:04 PM

Yes good sportsmanship has no place in professional sports.

They should both be fined, suspended, drawn and quartered.

mikeq672
12-05-2011, 03:36 PM

Its not like Woodson got beat though, thats what makes it ok. He was all over him(to the point where I thought it was pass interference, but thats neither here nor there)

It was a perfect throw, and a ridiculous catch.. And like you said, its Charles Woodson, no one cares.

giantsforce
12-05-2011, 04:02 PM

Yes good sportsmanship has no place in professional sports.

They should both be fined, suspended, drawn and quartered.Yes, the NFL needs to make an example out of them. How dare he acknowledge he was beat by a great effort? This is just as bad as stomping on an opponent! That deserves at least a fine if not 2 days suspension!