PDA

View Full Version : resigning manningham is a must

nygfan0816
02-10-2012, 07:32 PM
we know manningham isnt the best receiver, but he is very good, he had a great season in 2010 and great run this postseason.

now i know we have a great 1-2 wit nicks and cruz, but nicks always has an injury and may miss a few games in a season, and now ballard tore his alc and so we have ?? about TE going into next season. if 1 of our WR goes down we're screwed. manningham is a great #3 receiver and can start if any1 were to go down.

idk bout u guys but nothing barden or jenigan has done for me to think they will do anything next year.

Mod_C
02-10-2012, 07:35 PM
we know manningham isnt the best receiver, but he is very good, he had a great season in 2010 and great run this postseason.

now i know we have a great 1-2 wit nicks and cruz, but nicks always has an injury and may miss a few games in a season, and now ballard tore his alc and so we have ?? about TE going into next season. if 1 of our WR goes down we're screwed. manningham is a great #3 receiver and can start if any1 were to go down.

idk bout u guys but nothing barden or jenigan has done for me to think they will do anything next year.

I agree about Barden but Jernigan is a rookie and we need to see what he has to offer.

Manningham is not a must have, he's a nice to have.

bLuereverie
02-10-2012, 07:38 PM
No it's not. Not at the expense of other positions which are far more deficient.

perez201
02-10-2012, 07:45 PM
hed be nice to keep, but he will get more money somewhere else and i cant see manningham lowering his price range to resign with us

nygfan0816
02-10-2012, 07:47 PM
hed be nice to keep, but he will get more money somewhere else and i cant see manningham lowering his price range to resign with us

i thought about that but wit all the WR in free agency i think manningham may fall to us at a cheaper price

bLuereverie
02-10-2012, 07:49 PM

i thought about that but wit all the WR in free agency i think manningham may fall to us at a cheaper price

Until some roster moves are made by FO, he can accept pennies and it still wouldn't be adequate.

KidA
02-10-2012, 07:55 PM

You forgot half of your argument:

What starter(s) do we let go in order to pay for Manningham?

jomo
02-10-2012, 08:06 PM
I never heard of a player resigning. Plenty have re-signed. [;)]

n420p69
02-10-2012, 08:09 PM
It would be awesome but I have a feeling someone(Browns?) are going to throw him a ton of money out of our range for a 3rd receiver.

NYBlue10
02-10-2012, 08:33 PM
I'm fully confident that not re-signing Mario will come back to bite the team next season.

greenca190
02-10-2012, 10:18 PM
I never heard of a player resigning. Plenty have re-signed. [;)]

Didn't we have a tight end resign in training camp this year?

What a dope.

myles2424
02-10-2012, 10:27 PM

I agree about Barden but Jernigan is a rookie and we need to see what he has to offer.

manningham could be the best 3rd WR on any team in the league, see if we have the same offense without Manningham.....I doubt that

TheEnigma
02-10-2012, 10:29 PM
Extensions for Nicks and Cruz > Resigning MM

Redeyejedi
02-10-2012, 10:30 PM

manningham could be the best 3rd WR on any team in the league, see if we have the same offense without Manningham.....I doubt thatNo one is denying that but theres a salary cap.U cant keep him no matter what the cost.

myles2424
02-10-2012, 10:56 PM

manningham could be the best 3rd WR on any team in the league, see if we have the same offense without Manningham.....I doubt thatNo one is denying that but theres a salary cap.U cant keep him no matter what the cost. goff & Thomas are going to get similar deals that kiwi got......
And there'll be dead $$ weight cut just like every other year....

buddy33
02-10-2012, 11:03 PM
Everyone wants to keep him but unless he wants to make less money he is gone.

BigBlue1971
02-10-2012, 11:13 PM
Everyone wants to keep him but unless he wants to make less money he is gone.</P>

</P>

this!</P>

besides, Cruz is more of a priority than Manningham is even tho Cruz is under contract for one more year.</P>

zimonami
02-10-2012, 11:24 PM
He would be smart (can we use that word with Mario?) to resign with us. Why? He will lose an entire season, or two, trying to learn another team's system/plays. That;s what held him back from playing more with us in his early years... didn't know his assignments and ran wrong routes... in fact, he still does at times, much to Eli's frustration.

Toadofsteel
02-10-2012, 11:41 PM
I'd rather see what Jernigan can do. Nobody thought Cruz could do anything... until he absolutely CRUSHED the eagles. I agree that extending nicks and cruz are more important. If you have those two, you can rotate any number of middling guys (hixon, barden, jernigan) into the 3rd WR. Throw in pascoe and any other TE we can draft in the first two rounds, as well as Hynoski, and you can still do wonders with a receiving group.

IMO, it's more important to keep Osi than Manningham. Both have been great for us, but there's also the factor that JPP doesn't care what he gets paid as long as he gets to work with Osi and Tuck. We've got depth in the WR position, but since PF never blitzes we need to have a front 4 that can bring down a qb.

JJC7301
02-11-2012, 02:09 AM
I'd like to have MM back, but he's not a must. We can develop a 3rd WR.