PDA

View Full Version : SUPER BOWL CHAMPS PLAN ON RETURNING TO ALBANY FOR CAMP

RoanokeFan
02-10-2012, 07:36 PM
SUPER BOWL CHAMPS PLAN ON RETURNING TO ALBANY FOR CAMP (http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Super-Bowl-champs-plan-return-to-Albany-for-camp-31736032)

"The Super Bowl champion <a href="/nfl/team/new-york-giants/67056">New York
Giants</a> say they're planning to return their training camp to Albany this
summer.<div class="fs-page-article-article-container"><div class="fs-article">

Pat Hanlon, the team's vice president for communications, told Albany-area
media outlets Thursday that the Giants plan to follow up on franchise President
and CEO John Mara's pledge to bring the camp back to upstate New York.</p>

The Giants decided during last year's NFL labor lockout to hold the 2011
training camp at their headquarters in East Rutherford, N.J. Mara had said then
that the team intended to return its training camp to Albany in the summer of
2012.</p>

The Giants trained at the University at Albany for 15 years, their longest
stay at one training camp site in the 87-year history of the
franchise."</p></div></div>

Voldamort
02-12-2012, 12:54 PM
I wish they would go back to Pleasantville NY

scoopscj
02-12-2012, 02:29 PM
I shall be there with photos, videos and some training camp blogs. At least a week this time. It's nice to have summers off! :)

Scoops

Scarfacee71
02-12-2012, 03:04 PM

I cant go to Albany, they're my rival :(

gmen46
02-12-2012, 03:46 PM
I shall be there with photos, videos and some training camp blogs.* At least a week this time.* It's nice to have summers off!* :)

Scoops

Looking forward to it, scoops.

chizz
02-12-2012, 04:59 PM
man timex was perfect albany is too far . i actually got to see them practice last summer

Gmen2005
02-12-2012, 05:01 PM
Didn't they use to practice at Farleigh ****inson? Was there any reason why they stopped working out there?

tucksackstom
02-12-2012, 05:07 PM
we upstaters deserve this, we got no parade or a trip to the stadium[U]

WR4Life
02-12-2012, 05:09 PM
Didn't they use to practice at Farleigh ****inson? Was there any reason why they stopped working out there?

Yeah they used to practice there. My dad used to take me to those all the time. I actually have a great story about being there one time but unfortunately I was too young to actually remember it.

Voldamort
02-12-2012, 05:47 PM
I shall be there with photos, videos and some training camp blogs.* At least a week this time.* It's nice to have summers off!* :)

Scoops

Thanks for all the pic's,video's etc.. alway's love the posts!

Gmen2005
02-12-2012, 06:19 PM

Yeah they used to practice there. My dad used to take me to those all the time. I actually have a great story about being there one time but unfortunately I was too young to actually remember it.

Me too, I remember going a few times but never really remembering what was going on.

giantman8493
02-12-2012, 06:37 PM
worst news ever. I loved the short drive to meadowlands. now i got to drive so long for no reason.

nygsb42champs
02-13-2012, 09:31 AM
It should be a mob scene at training camp this year.

TrueBlue2180
02-13-2012, 09:50 AM

Me too, I remember going a few times but never really remembering what was going on.

My dad took me to FDU when I was a kid too. The only thing I really remember is number 56 sitting on his helmet.

Disappointed that Albany is so far from me so I cant stop by camp this summer. But I do understand that the upstate fans don't get to see the team live at games/events as much as some of the locals.

bill2000
02-13-2012, 09:57 AM
This is good for me. I live in Maine and Albany is a 250 mile drive.

Can anybody tell me what I should be able to see and do at a training camp visit?

jppmvp90
02-13-2012, 10:12 AM
cant wait

CBlackburn57
02-13-2012, 10:34 AM
i was bummed with the lockout. cant wait for them to return. i turned my girlfriend into a giants fan this year (lucky year for her) she lives close by UAlbany so ill be dragging her over for sure

Kase-1
02-13-2012, 01:04 PM
worst news ever. I loved the short drive to meadowlands. now i got to drive so long for no reason.

Living on LI, I was THRILLED to hear that training camp was gonna be held in NJ (only 1hr or so away from me) allowing me and my buddies to attend numerous days of training camp.

Now that its back in Albany, Im disappointed but im not a selfish person, the Upstate fans deserve it. They have MUCH further to drive when attending games at the stadium and probably attend alot less games than us 'downstaters' can. Ill give our rural cousins some enjoyment, they can have training camp as long as the stadium doesnt move further than 1hr from where I live, LOL

Im sure ill make a trip up there for a day or 2, hell maybe even take the train up there, its such a scenic trip on the rails along the Hudson