PDA

View Full Version : Manninghams gone,Steve Smith returns?

pica01
02-10-2012, 07:37 PM
It would be nice if we could resign MM but like Kevin Boss,someones gonna give him a deal that our cap situation won't allow us to even come close to matching.Luckily,a cheaper,and to me,better reciever is available to replace him.Before he got hurt,Steve Smith was our #1 and caught 100 balls double teamed.He's a free agent and 2 years off surgury is healthy.He's not gonna get a multiyear offer off last year.He's got to be looking for a one year deal where he can produce and reestablish his value for the 2013-14season.Move Cruz outside.As the #3 behind 2 #1's who both warrant double coverage that can't be done,he would always get single coverage.Eli and Smith were great together.Smith was Eli's security blanket.He runs great patterns and Eli trusted him.For all his talent,the Giants and Eli were very frustrated with manninghams route running.From the slot,Smith would be very welkerlike and a 3rd down force tough to cover.I'll go as far as saying that if healthy,I'd rather have Smith over Manningham.I know Eli would.

NYBlue10
02-10-2012, 07:44 PM
I don't see Smith coming back to New York. I think he still hates Reese for low-balling him.

rebelfan1966
02-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I thought he loved catching passes from Cam Newton ???? Oh, the other Steve Smith... never mind : )

GMenNY21
02-10-2012, 07:51 PM
There's no gurantee Smith will return to his old form or be productive again .. I want us to do everything possible to get Rio back . Have some overpaid guys restructure & keep this. Explosive trio intact!

RoanokeFan
02-10-2012, 07:59 PM
Smith didn't like the million dollar offer we made before he bolted to the Eagles. He scoffed at the GIANTS coaching and medical staffs saying he'd not be football ready until about mid-season. He called John Mara a liar. He played before he should have and re-injured his leg thanks to the Eagles crack medical and coaching staffs.

So now what do we offer him? We're scheduled paying Cruz $490,000.00. Do you think we're going to offer Smith another million?

Perhaps a better question would be why would we offer him anything?

Antone78
02-10-2012, 08:00 PM
Manningham is not coming back for the sole reasoon that he will be overpaid somewhere else this offseason. There is nothing that we can do to change that, no matter how big that super bowl catch was.

Steve Smith will be back. He knows what he lost by losing Eli, and Eli know what he had with Steve Smith. there are plenty of balls to go around. Not to take advatage of a situatioon, but we should get him at a bargain becuase of the injury and low production last season. This is the same guy we were going to give a monstor contract to just a couple years ago.

Martyr
02-10-2012, 08:06 PM
If some how they dont resign MM, lets see what we have in Devin Thomas, Jernigan &amp; Barden</P>

RoanokeFan
02-10-2012, 08:06 PM
Manningham is not coming back for the sole reasoon that he will be overpaid somewhere else this offseason. There is nothing that we can do to change that, no matter how big that super bowl catch was.

Steve Smith will be back. He knows what he lost by losing Eli, and Eli know what he had with Steve Smith. there are plenty of balls to go around. Not to take advatage of a situatioon, but we should get him at a bargain becuase of the injury and low production last season. <font color="#0000FF">This is the same guy we were going to give a monstor contract to just a couple years ago</font>.

Not according to Steve Smith...here's where he calls John Mara a liar.

BlueBlooded1979
02-10-2012, 08:52 PM
I don't see Smith coming back to New York. I think he still hates Reese for low-balling him.

Wait until he see the offers he gets this year. Vet minimum anyone ?

His performance was zero and this years UFA WR class is insane. Teams that need WRs have choices.

MM might be back if he find himself in situation like James Jones did last offseason. With all of the talented FA WR it could happen.

TheEnigma
02-10-2012, 08:55 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing him back but ONLY at the right price and he has to know that a starting job isn't guaranteed to him at all.

After all, Jernigan is supposed to be Steve Smith who can actually avoid tackles and gain YAC.

RoanokeFan
02-10-2012, 09:03 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing him back but ONLY at the right price and he has to know that a starting job isn't guaranteed to him at all.

After all, Jernigan is supposed to be Steve Smith who can actually avoid tackles and gain YAC.

I don't know about Jernigan yet, but Cruz sure is better than Smith.

BParcells777
02-10-2012, 09:12 PM
You guys are Hillarious

Name the last free agent who left the Giants signed with another team and was later invited back?

NO ONE................................EVVVVVEEERRRRRR R!!!!!!!!!

FORGET ABOUT IT!!!!!!!!!

NYGRealityCheck
02-10-2012, 09:22 PM
There still a chance the Giants can pull out a deal that Manningham might accept.

Steve Smith coming back to the Giants to get boo-ed at Giants' stadium? lol I'd like to have what you're smoking. Giants have full advantage on any negotiations here. The team has no dire need for his services with Barden, Jernigan, and 2012 draft waiting in the wings. He'd pretty much have to crawl back asking for current-Cruz-type salary, apologize for jumping to the Eagles and not letting the Giants have a chance to match or better the offer, and somehow not be a locker room distraction. Not happening...

Pakman
02-10-2012, 11:09 PM
You guys are Hillarious

Name the last free agent who left the Giants signed with another team and was later invited back?

FORGET ABOUT* IT!!!!!!!!!

David Carr...I win WOOOO

ShakeNBake
02-10-2012, 11:49 PM
Why are people still talking about Steve Smith? Steve Smith is a slot receiver and we already have ours in Cruz. If Manningham is gone we need another fast receiver on the outside, which is not Steve Smith.

Manning2Niks
02-10-2012, 11:56 PM
Smith didn't like the million dollar offer we made before he bolted to the Eagles. He scoffed at the GIANTS coaching and medical staffs saying he'd not be football ready until about mid-season. He called John Mara a liar. He played before he should have and re-injured his leg thanks to the Eagles crack medical and coaching staffs.

So now what do we offer him? We're scheduled paying Cruz $490,000.00. Do you think we're going to offer Smith another million?

Ooooo....logic! I like that!

Maybe our front office will use it for once! &lt;-----/red font

Smith is done here I'd think. We have a better, more humble (didnt think that was possible at one time...) version.

Cruz and Nicks for the next 5-7 years, please! I'd love 'Ham back, but dont think its realistic. Now a TE at the end of Round 1 that can become a 3rd option....THAT I think we can do.

TheEnigma
02-11-2012, 12:02 AM
Why are people still talking about Steve Smith? Steve Smith is a slot receiver and we already have ours in Cruz. If Manningham is gone we need another fast receiver on the outside, which is not Steve Smith.
Cruz can play both the slot and the outside. Since the guy we drafted to originally play slot was Jernigan, it's not too far fetched to expect a switch up to happen.

Manning2Niks
02-11-2012, 12:17 AM
Cruz can play both the slot and the outside. Since the guy we drafted to originally play slot was Jernigan, it's not too far fetched to expect a switch up to happen.

Dude! That sig! I literally LOL'd! Haha

CruzSoldier
02-11-2012, 12:29 AM
Steve Smith made 4 million dollars to be a bum on the Eagles why on earth would we want him back after he betrayed us. Enough with him there are better WR options out there that would COST less we could get Manningham for less than that .

VelocityVirus
02-11-2012, 12:35 AM

He got a fair offer relative to his health situation. The only thing that happened was him getting horrible advice from his agent.

BParcells777
02-11-2012, 07:48 AM
i said player not clip board holder

SweetZombieJesus
02-11-2012, 08:00 AM

And I think Reese hates him for

- turning down a contract extension offer before he became a free agent
- becoming a free agent
- not responding to an offer made while Smith was working out at the Giants facility despite not being a member of the team anymore
- signing with the arch-rival Eagles without giving the Giants a chance to match the offer
- calling John Mara a liar

Smith burned his bridges in about 10 different ways.

Diamondring
02-11-2012, 09:05 AM
Why are people still talking about Steve Smith? Steve Smith is a slot receiver and we already have ours in Cruz. If Manningham is gone we need another fast receiver on the outside, which is not Steve Smith.This

brad
02-11-2012, 10:24 AM
I think it is quite possible that the replacement for MM is already on the roster, if not then would be acquired in the draft. Don't get me wrong, I like MM but this offense worked very well without him during his injuries this year... when your tight on cap space, as the Giants are, you have to pick and choose where your money goes very carefully. In this case you have to ask, if we sign MM who do we let go? If we don't sign him, who can we keep instead. Given the Giants receiver situation, I would expect them to look at other areas where the need is much greater.

stomping
02-11-2012, 10:35 AM
Any chance we can just draft a speedy receiver instead?

Brandon jacobs
02-11-2012, 11:30 AM
You guys are Hillarious

come to think of it... you are right. at least in my 23 years as a giant fan

Redeyejedi
02-11-2012, 11:32 AM
You guys are Hillarious

David Carr...I win WOOOOHe left on good terms.At time he thought he may get a chance to start

Marvelousmik
02-11-2012, 11:33 AM
I thought he loved catching passes from Cam Newton ???? Oh, the other Steve Smith... never mind : )

lmao

Redeyejedi
02-11-2012, 11:43 AM
WR is the deepest position in this Draft.I like this guy as a replacement

Jarius Wright
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz2uszgCxnE

MikeIsaGiant
02-11-2012, 11:48 AM
Isn't he projected 3rd best WR in the draft? Wouldn't he get picked before us

RoanokeFan
02-11-2012, 12:00 PM

We tend to forget about Jernigan because he didn't make much of a splash this season but you're right, he's in the wings and they LOVE to develop draft picks.

jomo
02-11-2012, 12:02 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing him back but ONLY at the right price and he has to know that a starting job isn't guaranteed to him at all. After all, Jernigan is supposed to be Steve Smith who can actually avoid tackles and gain YAC.

I believe in redemptionand also that Smith could be a positive story through the first few weeks of training camp if he gets his words right and cancels his Twitter account. lol </P>

That said, all he could be for us is cheap depth in the slot. He is not MM's replacement and he will never come close to a healthyCruz. Jernigan showed some nice flash on ST during the playoffs. Maybe he is our guy and Hixon is the "cheap depth?"</P>

Redeyejedi
02-11-2012, 12:04 PM
Isn't he projected 3rd best WR in the draft? Wouldn't he get picked before usYour thinking of Kendall Wright

MikeIsaGiant
02-11-2012, 12:06 PM
Isn't he projected 3rd best WR in the draft? Wouldn't he get picked before usYour thinking of Kendall Wright

Right thanks

swimeasy
02-11-2012, 12:06 PM

And I think Reese hates him for

- turning down a contract extension offer before he became a free agent
- becoming a free agent
- not responding to an offer made while Smith was working out at the Giants facility despite not being a member of the team anymore
- signing with the arch-rival Eagles without giving the Giants a chance to match the offer
- calling John Mara a liar

Smith burned his bridges in about 10 different ways.

^ THIS. I believe Coughlin is also not a Smith fan as he commented publicly how the Giants were not given an opportunity to counter the Eagles' offer as well. He may not have been the locker room distraction that Shockey was, but he is another who has burned all his Giants bridges. I trust Reese/TC will explore our internal options first depending on what happens with MM.

RoanokeFan
02-11-2012, 12:12 PM
I wouldn't mind bringing him back but ONLY at the right price and he has to know that a starting job isn't guaranteed to him at all. After all, Jernigan is supposed to be Steve Smith who can actually avoid tackles and gain YAC.

I believe in redemptionand also that Smith could be a positive story through the first few weeks of training camp if he gets his words right and cancels his Twitter account. lol </p>

That said, all he could be for us is cheap depth in the slot. He is not MM's replacement and he will never come close to a healthyCruz. Jernigan showed some nice flash on ST during the playoffs. Maybe he is our guy and Hixon is the "cheap depth?"</p>

If Hixon heals AGAIN, his upside on STs alone would be worth giving him a shot at competing.

giantsfan420
02-11-2012, 12:39 PM
WR is the deepest position in this Draft.I like this guy as a replacement

Jarius Wright
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tz2uszgCxnE

he reminds me a lil too much of sinorice moss. he catches with his body and rarely with his hands.

but, u can't teach speed. a 4.2 40 and he has some deception on his routes.

the only thing is, arkansas liked to use him out of the slot and over the middle. he'll have to put on weight otherwise he'll just get crushed in the nfl. 180 pounds 5'10...kinda similar to desean jackson.

he could be worth it tho, seen he has a grade of 4th round the earliest, so could make sense. i just dont know how fast he'd be able to pick up the playbook.

i'd just as soon sign steve smith and then draft the guy but thats just me.

Denaliman316
02-11-2012, 01:28 PM
Smith didn't like the million dollar offer we made before he bolted to the Eagles.* He scoffed at the GIANTS coaching and medical staffs saying he'd not be football ready until about mid-season.* He called John Mara a liar.* He played before he should have and re-injured his leg thanks to the Eagles crack medical and coaching staffs.*

So now what do we offer him?* We're scheduled paying Cruz $490,000.00.* Do you think we're going to offer Smith another million?

This.

For Smith to come back he would have to have a different agent and apologize up and down for years. If we don't resign Manningham I could see Chicago picking him and Smith up. I hope we do sign him though. The trios been working so why break it up.

I don't know about anyone else but Jernigan returning kicks scared me. Mainly in the Superbowl.

Vtgmenfan89
02-11-2012, 01:48 PM
We don't need another slot receiver, Cruz has that position locked down for us hopefully for the next 6-8 years. We need another outside threat to compliment he and Nicks, and I'm hoping Rio comes back for continuity's sake and he doesn't ask for the world. Otherwise they will look to Barden or Jernigan.

RoanokeFan
02-11-2012, 02:07 PM
We don't need another slot receiver, Cruz has that position locked down for us hopefully for the next 6-8 years. We need another outside threat to compliment he and Nicks, and I'm hoping Rio comes back for continuity's sake and he doesn't ask for the world. Otherwise they will look to Barden or Jernigan.

The advantage we have with Cruz is he can work in the slot and on the outside equally well.

Axels15
02-11-2012, 02:28 PM
Smith didn't like the million dollar offer we made before he bolted to the Eagles.* He scoffed at the GIANTS coaching and medical staffs saying he'd not be football ready until about mid-season.* He called John Mara a liar.* He played before he should have and re-injured his leg thanks to the Eagles crack medical and coaching staffs.*

So now what do we offer him?* We're scheduled paying Cruz $490,000.00.* Do you think we're going to offer Smith another million?

Thank You!!

Big Blue 418
02-11-2012, 02:50 PM
I don't want Smith back . There are better players to replace Manningham with and who are not coming off injuries.

Thanks for the memories Smith but stay in Philly for all I care

kory da man
02-11-2012, 03:02 PM
I see Mario resigning because he isn't gonna get santonio holmes money bowe jackson d.jackson colston Edwards Steve smith wes welker plaxico are all fa....Mario my fav giantbut he second tier wr ...5 year 15mil can resign manningham

FIFTY6G-MAN
02-11-2012, 03:03 PM

He got a fair offer relative to his health situation. The only thing that happened was him getting horrible advice from his agent.
That was great advice from his agent. The agent gets a % of it so The agent got PAID!!

hungrrrry
02-11-2012, 05:34 PM
It would be nice if we could resign MM but like Kevin Boss,someones gonna give him a deal that our cap situation won't allow us to even come close to matching.Luckily,a cheaper,and to me,better reciever is available to replace him.Before he got hurt,Steve Smith was our #1 and caught 100 balls double teamed.He's a free agent and 2 years off surgury is healthy.He's not gonna get a multiyear offer off last year.He's got to be looking for a one year deal where he can produce and reestablish his value for the 2013-14season.Move Cruz outside.As the #3 behind 2 #1's who both warrant double coverage that can't be done,he would always get single coverage.Eli and Smith were great together.Smith was Eli's security blanket.He runs great patterns and Eli trusted him.For all his talent,the Giants and Eli were very frustrated with manninghams route running.From the slot,Smith would be very welkerlike and a 3rd down force tough to cover.I'll go as far as saying that if healthy,I'd rather have Smith over Manningham.I know Eli would.
I would like this to happen, for sure...providing Smith goes through a stiff battery of tests to prove he has healed 100%...I think it would be incredible...so long as we are working a deal to keep Cruz long-term...he has shown the NFL a lot about what he is worth...we need to make that deal because Smith would not help create leverage for Reese in negotiations with Cruz on a new deal...I think Cruz has most of the leverage...I just hope he would hold on one more season before pushing for a big deal, and hopefully Reese can add some to his coming season pay in 2012 to keep him interested. ****ing guy deserves that!

Mr. Zolo
02-11-2012, 09:45 PM
Steve Smith knows Gilbride's complicated offense. That's why I would take him over other potential FA WR's.

If some how they dont resign MM, lets see what we have in Devin Thomas, Jernigan & Barden</P>

I've been waiting on and defending Barden these past 2 years. If he doesn't do anything this season, he's done.

DaKraken
02-12-2012, 07:55 AM
No way. Damaged goods. Move on.

Either Reese will have confidence in who we have here or he will find a cheap FA such as a veteran who is healthy (i don't think they'd have faith in a rookie and frankly neither would most). My guess is we go to war with the guys we have and they hope Barden steps up.

keyofgmen
02-12-2012, 08:44 AM
MM will be a Bengal next year I believe. They have huge cap space and Dalton would be dangerous.
Barden steps up.

pica01
02-14-2012, 11:14 AM
Hey,all I'm saying is we have biigger needs at RB, TE and OL to address in the draft then at WR and Smith is a cheap alternative.As far as burnt bridges,we're not talking Tiki here.And Eli loves Smith.A one year deal.It's really a low risk,high reward thing.Even if a young guy steps up,Smith would us depth at WR at low cost .Do you remember how good he was with Eli?With double teams.Low risk,high upside.I just sayin....

nygsb42champs
02-14-2012, 11:20 AM
I think he burned the Giant bridges when he bolted to the Eagles like he did.

timmytimm3
02-14-2012, 12:37 PM
I think Jernigan will surprise a lot of people next year. He looked fast and shifty during the Superbowl returns.

burier
02-14-2012, 12:44 PM
Last I checked Steve Smith was a possession receiver.

Don't need him.

ShakeNBake
02-14-2012, 12:52 PM

I see what you're saying here, but I would rather keep Cruz in the slot because he has proven he can do so, and you also have to consider the guy is only 6'0''. He is larger than your average slot man, but shorter than your average big receiver on the outside. I understand the guy has a great vertical, but on a straight fade for example, I would rather have a taller guy on the outside. I also think it is more difficult to find a guy who can play the slot effectively as opposed to an outside receiver, and I'm not sold on Jernigan just yet.

pica01
02-16-2012, 12:17 PM
Actually,Cruz's speed might be more suited to the outside.Smith is a natural slot type reciever.

Kase-1
02-16-2012, 12:27 PM
If Super Mario leaves, I dont want Smith back. Our #3 WR is gonna be on our roster either in the form of Jerrnigan, Barden, or Devin Thomas (who we MUST resign)

rainierjef
02-16-2012, 12:45 PM
can i ask you GM's a question? under what circumstances does Mario manningham suddenly propel to a number 1 reciever in the list receivers that are FA's this year, and with the looming effects of the CBA's caphits to each team don't be surprised if there are more top receivers on that list. </P>

39 receptions for 523 yards and 4 TD's in the regular season his break out season was 2010 cause he was the last man standing. </P>

now i'm not saying MM is not good hes great any giants fan and hte giants organization knows this but i think everyone is jumping the gun cause of the clutch plays he's in the playoffs. </P>

but i don't think hes drawn the attention most of you think he has because of it. the cap helps us out there is going to be an influx of receivers and that offsets the hig demands for big contracts by all of them. </P>

one analyst said this is going to be the year that players either accept what their offered or not play at all. don't know if that extreme is true but with teams having to stay within the limits of the cap and the needs of the team surround every position to be wasting a huge chuck of your cap on one position. </P>

Kase-1
02-16-2012, 12:50 PM
can i ask you GM's a question? under what circumstances does Mario manningham suddenly propel to a number 1 reciever in the list receivers that are FA's this year, and with the looming effects of the CBA's caphits to each team don't be surprised if there are more top receivers on that list. </p>

39 receptions for 523 yards and 4 TD's in the regular season his break out season was 2010 cause he was the last man standing. </p>

now i'm not saying MM is not good hes great any giants fan and hte giants organization knows this but i think everyone is jumping the gun cause of the clutch plays he's in the playoffs. </p>

but i don't think hes drawn the attention most of you think he has because of it. the cap helps us out there is going to be an influx of receivers and that offsets the hig demands for big contracts by all of them. </p>

one analyst said this is going to be the year that players either accept what their offered or not play at all. don't know if that extreme is true but with teams having to stay within the limits of the cap and the needs of the team surround every position to be wasting a huge chuck of your cap on one position. </p>Id LOVE for him to stay, I just think that he's gonna test the market while his stock is at its highest. He just had an amazing run in the playoffs catching a TD in every postseason game and of course the outstanding catch he had through 2 defenders.

I dont think its that we want him to leave, we just realize that he's probably gonna strike while the iron is hot and there are alot of teams that would throw money at him, they may be overpaying but someone will def give him more money than he's worth. There are a TON of teams where he would be a great #2 option

GameTime
02-16-2012, 12:58 PM
Smith is not a replacement for what Mannningham does for the Giants.</P>

besides we dont even know if MM will not be here next year. So we have 4 pages on what hasnt even happened yet.</P>

</P>

</P>

JMFP2
02-16-2012, 01:34 PM
Personally, I think Mario is going to get re-signed. I think the Front Office realizesthat Eli, Cruz, Nicks and Manningham were the biggest reasons the Giants are Super Bowl champs.</P>

In short, no team we played couldhandle all 3.... all they need to do is replay Belichick saying "this is a Cruz and Nicks game.... make them throw to Manningham".</P>

If contracts need to be restructured to make it happen, I'm guessing Reese is working the numbers now.</P>

As far as Steve Smith, I have no position pro/con. The guy made a business decision, he shouldn't be vilified for it. That's what happens with free agents sometimes. </P>

All this talk about lying, apologizing....irrelevant to me. And in all likelihood, theGiants don't need him next year anyway.</P>

BillTheGreek
02-16-2012, 01:54 PM
Sorry, I don't see Manningham going anyware..........I always liked Smith, as far as Smith goes ,if the Giants can work out the Money, check his Health and Eli wants him, I think he would be an asset to us.

rainierjef
02-16-2012, 09:26 PM
can i ask you GM's a question? under what circumstances does Mario manningham suddenly propel to a number 1 reciever in the list receivers that are FA's this year, and with the looming effects of the CBA's caphits to each team don't be surprised if there are more top receivers on that list. </p>

39 receptions for 523 yards and 4 TD's in the regular season his break out season was 2010 cause he was the last man standing. </p>

now i'm not saying MM is not good hes great any giants fan and hte giants organization knows this but i think everyone is jumping the gun cause of the clutch plays he's in the playoffs. </p>

but i don't think hes drawn the attention most of you think he has because of it. the cap helps us out there is going to be an influx of receivers and that offsets the hig demands for big contracts by all of them. </p>

one analyst said this is going to be the year that players either accept what their offered or not play at all. don't know if that extreme is true but with teams having to stay within the limits of the cap and the needs of the team surround every position to be wasting a huge chuck of your cap on one position. </p>Id LOVE for him to stay, I just think that he's gonna test the market while his stock is at its highest. He just had an amazing run in the playoffs catching a TD in every postseason game and of course the outstanding catch he had through 2 defenders.

I dont think its that we want him to leave, we just realize that he's probably gonna strike while the iron is hot and there are alot of teams that would throw money at him, they may be overpaying but someone will def give him more money than he's worth. There are a TON of teams where he would be a great #2 option

whay im saying is that GM's are not stupid their not going to over pay a receiver especially with the fact that there is a cap, and the flux of receivers there are going to be available due to cuts/FA in effect because of the cap.

no one is going to pay for what he's produced in the regular season and their going to look at his playoff play due to the coverages paying more attention to cruz and nicks. i don't think he gets the money you people think hes going to get offered and that's why he resigns with the giants. i'm willing to put money on it. the cap helps the teams this year with restructures/cuts every organization wins and the plays have to take a cut or walk. well not all players excluding the QB's

pica01
02-16-2012, 10:06 PM
Hey,I hope you're right.But all it takes is one stupid GM.Last yr the Raiders gave Kevin Boss a 4 yr/16 million deal.On the other end,no one bit on Bradshaw and he returned cheap for about the same money.The difference is last time I looked Manningham's ankles and feet aren't held together by screws.MM's talented and some GM's gonna offer him something we just can't match.I'll take that bet.It won't even take an outrageous offer that we can't match.With our needs, cap problems and young depth at WR,even any reasonable offer he'll get will probably beyond what we can offer.MM is a luxury we probably just can't afford.

giantyankee1976
02-16-2012, 10:15 PM

<font color="#FF0000">there was another Steve Smith ? weird.</font>

pica01
02-16-2012, 10:24 PM
Always remember the Scott Bora's there's always one stupid GM out there rule.The Tigers gave Prince Fielder a 9 yr contract when people were wondering if the music had stopped and Fielder didn't have an open chair.I know,apples and oranges.But there's a GM out there with money to spend and his fan base saw the SB,saw MM's td against the 9er's and would love signing him.My best analogy would be Alvin Harper.Remember him?Good reciever in a great situation.Signed a big free agent deal where he'd be the man.Problem was,he wasn't the man.MM isn't the man either.Someone out there will pay him,if not as the man,as the 2nd man.We can only afford the 3rd man.