PDA

View Full Version : Losing QB coach to TB

bELIeve_in_Giants
02-10-2012, 09:10 PM
<U><FONT color=#0084b4>Adam Schefter</FONT><SPAN class="username js-action-profile-name"><S><FONT color=#66b5d2>@</FONT></S><FONT color=#0084b4>AdamSchefter</FONT></SPAN></U>
<P class=js-tweet-text>Tampa Bay plans to hire former Giants quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan as its offensive coordinator.</P>
<P class=js-tweet-text></P>
<P class=js-tweet-text>Seems like could be a big loss for Eli after the year he's had.</P>

ibbill
02-10-2012, 09:25 PM
<U><FONT color=#0084b4>Adam Schefter</FONT><SPAN class="username js-action-profile-name"><S><FONT color=#66b5d2>@</FONT></S><FONT color=#0084b4>AdamSchefter</FONT></SPAN></U>
<P class=js-tweet-text>Tampa Bay plans to hire former Giants quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan as its offensive coordinator.</P>
<P class=js-tweet-text>*</P>
<P class=js-tweet-text>Seems like could be a big loss for Eli after the year he's had.</P>

Ole Miss is where Eli went back to last year and spent time with his old QB coach forgot his name. He seem to have really turned it around for him.

SweetZombieJesus
02-11-2012, 10:40 AM
<u><font color="#0084b4">Adam Schefter</font><span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s><font color="#66b5d2">@</font></s><font color="#0084b4">AdamSchefter</font></span></u><p class="js-tweet-text">Seems like could be a big loss for Eli after the year he's had.</p>

Sully wasn't his first IIRC.

And, is there anything left to teach Eli?

jomo
02-11-2012, 10:47 AM
<P class=js-tweet-text></P>

Won't be any loss at all for Eli. It might stunt David Carr's development though. [;)]</P>

To the victor go the spoils; happy for Sullivan.</P>

So much better to win championships and have a turnover in coaches than never lose any coaches because.........................</P>

Redeyejedi
02-11-2012, 10:55 AM
This what happens when your a good Organization and dont stand in the way of coaches promotions. The Dirtball Cardinals and Packers denied interview requests from the Bucs for coordinator positions.

jomo
02-11-2012, 10:57 AM
If you become known as an organization that develops coaches and launches them to bigger things elsewhere, you will attract even more talented young coaches. It all works.

chasjay
02-11-2012, 10:57 AM
<u><font color="#0084b4">Adam Schefter</font><span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s><font color="#66b5d2">@</font></s><font color="#0084b4">AdamSchefter</font></span></u>
<p class="js-tweet-text">Tampa Bay plans to hire former Giants quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan as its offensive coordinator.</p>
<p class="js-tweet-text"></p>
<p class="js-tweet-text">Seems like could be a big loss for Eli after the year he's had.</p>

I think Sullivan had been here through Coughlin's entire 8 years, so I'm happy for him. I believe he coached the WR's the first 6 years and they don't seem to have suffered from his move to QB coach. TC will fill the post with a good coach. I don't think it would be difficult to lure a good QB coach to the Giants - if someone already on staff is not shifted there.

jhamburg
02-11-2012, 11:07 AM
<u><font color="#0084b4">Adam Schefter</font><span class="username js-action-profile-name"><s><font color="#66b5d2">@</font></s><font color="#0084b4">AdamSchefter</font></span></u>
<p class="js-tweet-text">Tampa Bay plans to hire former Giants quarterbacks coach Mike Sullivan as its offensive coordinator.</p>
<p class="js-tweet-text">*</p>
<p class="js-tweet-text">Seems like could be a big loss for Eli after the year he's had.</p>

I think Sullivan had been here through Coughlin's entire 8 years, so I'm happy for him. I believe he coached the WR's the first 6 years and they don't seem to have suffered from his move to QB coach. TC will fill the post with a good coach. I don't think it would be difficult to lure a good QB coach to the Giants - if someone already on staff is not shifted there.

Peyton can come over and be backup QB/ quarterbacks coach lol

Brandon jacobs
02-11-2012, 12:51 PM
If you become known as an organization that develops coaches and launches them to bigger things elsewhere, you will attract even more talented young coaches. It all works.

Landry, Lombardi,Belichick, Coughlin, parcells..we pretty much have made the league what it is. I even remember hearing about how OUR owners would/do give air time to the smaller markets so they could have a chance on TV...this is why I love this team so much. Class

jomo
02-11-2012, 12:53 PM
If you become known as an organization that develops coaches and launches them to bigger things elsewhere, you will attract even more talented young coaches. It all works. Landry, Lombardi,Belichick, Coughlin, parcells..we pretty much have made the league what it is. I even remember hearing about how OUR owners would give air time to the smaller markets so they could have a chance...this is why I love this team so much. ClassMake that CLASS! [Y]

bansaw
02-11-2012, 12:59 PM
Eli's QB coach is Gilbride anyways

the QB coach just keeps them on focus when Gilbride is working with another group

jomo
02-11-2012, 01:09 PM
Eli's QB coach is Gilbride anyways

the QB coach just keeps them on focus when Gilbride is working with another group
They probably give most of their attention to the backup and developmental QB's too.

Firenugget
02-11-2012, 02:07 PM
It's fine. He was a bandaid anyways. I'm happy for him but this isn't going to affect anything. And honestly, if that's <u>all</u> we lose after a SB victory...It's almost unheard of....

SweetZombieJesus
02-11-2012, 02:27 PM
I think Sullivan had been here through Coughlin's entire 8 years, so I'm happy for him.

Articles say he was WR coach for 6 years and QB coach the last 2.