PDA

View Full Version : Can Jerry Reese PLEASE...

OsiStrahan#1combo
02-10-2012, 09:04 PM
Draft us a offensive Lineman in the first round?

Is it so much to ask to draft a big offensive lineman or a LBer in the
draft. Were always screaming for one every year but we manage to squeek
bye with what we have. I feel like some of our key players (or
important players, manning tuck jpp) could prob put their legs up and
lean back and watch the play connect without doing so much.

Were always drafting a 3Rd or a 4Th round lineman or lber and say our giant motto "one of them needs to step up).

Cmon Reese. Your doing great but for godsakes.... get something we NEED for once in the first round.

Luckly our LBers did pretty good imo for there first year. We know Boley good, Kiwi getting back to form (looked great against the run). Williams I liked ALOT due to his speed and athleticism. Hes agressive. MLB is a issue all over again. With Goff coming back from the IR (if he resigns, and I know Blackburn was probably our savior towards the end last year but will he cut it? No. So what should we do there?

So with the Lbers being said, its not really a "major" issue I guess. Its our offensive lineman.

Too many times I saw our RB's not able to find a whole. They just get STUFFED in the backfield. No matter who it was it didnt matter. Just stuffed. Pass protection was average at best I suppose. I dont know the stats but it seemed like Eli got sacked to many times this year. Could be wrong? But our offensive line is getting old and too slow. I know Diehl did alright near the end and I know he been here for about a decade but we need to move on. Constantly seeing him getting bullrushed right up to Manning and the play is dead before it even started.

We seriously need to start focusing on the offensive line. I believe, no i TRULY believe we got away with too many mistakes with due to our strong key TALENTED players that we have.

Start drafting lineman Mr. Reese. Then do whatever else you want to do.

Thoughts?

allentown PA
02-10-2012, 09:16 PM
Draft us a offensive Lineman in the first round?

Is it so much to ask to draft a big offensive lineman or a LBer in the
draft. Were always screaming for one every year but we manage to squeek
bye with what we have. I feel like some of our key players (or
important players, manning tuck jpp) could prob put their legs up and
lean back and watch the play connect without doing so much.

Were always drafting a 3Rd or a 4Th round lineman or lber and say our giant motto "one of them needs to step up).

Cmon Reese. Your doing great but for godsakes.... get something we NEED for once in the first round.

Luckly our LBers did pretty good imo for there first year.* We know Boley good, Kiwi getting back to form (looked great against the run).* Williams I liked ALOT due to his speed and athleticism.* Hes agressive.* MLB is a issue all over again.* With Goff coming back from the IR (if he resigns, and I know Blackburn was probably our savior towards the end last year but will he cut it?* No.* So what should we do there?

So with the Lbers being said, its not really a "major" issue I guess.* Its our offensive lineman.

Too many times I saw our RB's not able to find a whole.* They just get STUFFED in the backfield.* No matter who it was it didnt matter.* Just stuffed.* Pass protection was average at best I suppose.* I dont know the stats but it seemed like Eli got sacked to many times this year.* Could be wrong?* But our offensive line is getting old and too slow.* I know Diehl did alright near the end and I know he been here for about a decade but we need to move on.* Constantly seeing him getting bullrushed right up to Manning and the play is dead before it even started. *

We seriously need to start focusing on the offensive line.* I believe, no i TRULY believe we got away with too many mistakes with due to our strong key TALENTED players that we have.

Start drafting lineman Mr. Reese.* Then do whatever else you want to do.

Thoughts?

agreed def wouldnt mind an Olinemen but JR has a plan and who knows what will be there at 32..i trust whatever he decides to do.

TheEnigma
02-10-2012, 09:26 PM
Only if there's one at 32 that's worth the value. I don't want to see Reese reach for one just because he feels we need one badly.

tripleaamin9
02-10-2012, 09:29 PM
early in the draft its about taking talent not a position.

buddy33
02-10-2012, 09:46 PM
He will draft BPA.

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 10:04 PM
He will draft BPA.

and we'll love him for it.

and every projected draft board will have us choosing a position of need.

buddy33
02-10-2012, 10:10 PM
He will draft BPA.

They knew they needed an OL last year. They where set to draft one I believe until Prince slipped in the draft.

BigBlue1971
02-10-2012, 10:10 PM
i love o-linemen cuz they make most things on offense work!</P>

Reese probably wont draft an o-lineman that high! i think he'll go for another d-end cuz Osi may not be back. or best player available!</P>

</P>

Voldamort
02-10-2012, 10:13 PM
Jerry will draft the best player available

JJC7301
02-10-2012, 10:16 PM
My thoughts? ALWAYS take best player available in the 1st. Even if it seems like an area where we have depth like DE because injuries happen and you want to make sure that you're getting talent for that 1st-round money. Otherwise you end up with the Cedric Jones's and other 1st round busts of yesteryear.

I don't think that the FO likes to spend the 1st on o-lineman and LB, but rather more on the skill positions like DE, WR, and the secondary.

I don't know what rounds McKenzie and Baas were drafted by their original teams, but Snee was a second rounder, Diehl was a 5th rounder, I don't THINK O'Hara and Seubert had been high picks, Petrus was a 5th rounder, Beatty was a 2nd rounder, and I think Boothe was somewhere around the 4th.

JJC7301
02-10-2012, 10:19 PM
He will draft BPA.

+1. EXACTLY. Our 1st round picks have been very good for a long time now. The last bust was probably Ron Dayne.

Breezely
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
In defense of the linemen, yeah they get beat from time to time but you also have to look at the talent on the other side of the ball.

I would also have to add that the defenses are not exactly blowing up the plays. Very rare to see one of our running backs gets blown up in the backfield. On a lot of occasions I have seen our backs not hit the hole but cutback to try to bounce the outside.

I always like when they draft linemen and I feel they have been getting quality linemen on their terms and they have been patient to get their guy.

DaKraken
02-10-2012, 10:22 PM
He will draft BPA.

+1

Wiki JPP

dave56dj
02-10-2012, 10:42 PM
Its clear Reese needs our advice more then anything - while guys have clamored for picks every year and reese has taken BPA it just isnt working - damn these superbowl trophies.

NWKEffectElement
02-10-2012, 10:45 PM
He will draft BPA.

This^

TrueBlue10
02-10-2012, 10:56 PM
Well then is it cool if I just cross my fingers for a bad-*** offensive lineman being the BPA at 32? =D

rainierjef
02-10-2012, 11:06 PM
Only if there's one at 32 that's worth the value. I don't want to see Reese reach for one just because he feels we need one badly.

+1

and honestly most of the good ones are gone mid round from what I'm seeing on these mocks

rainierjef
02-10-2012, 11:08 PM
He will draft BPA.

+1. EXACTLY. Our 1st round picks have been very good for a long time now. The last bust was probably Ron Dayne.

i thought it was william joseph

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 11:39 PM
He will draft BPA.

They knew they needed an OL last year. They where set to draft one I believe until Prince slipped in the draft.

this is always the issue.

they didn't think they'd get JPP either.

its the best way to end up with the best team.

i love BPA early on.

JJC7301
02-10-2012, 11:52 PM
He will draft BPA.

i thought it was william joseph
You got me beat on that one, and Joseph was a perfect example of the mistake of drafting for "need." Our 1st picks in the drafts since 2004 have been outstanding:
2004: Eli
2005: Webster (2nd Rd-- we didn't have a 1st)
2006: Kiwanuka
2007: Ross
2008: Phillips
2009: Nicks
2010: JPP
2011: Prince

They are ALL still on the team -- NO busts.

1 QB, 1 WR, 4 secondary, 2 d-lineman (Kiwi is now a LB).

Don't expect an o-lineman UNLESS he's the BPA -- they'd rather spend the money on other areas and have proven that you don't need o-linemen in the 1st RD.

I don't believe in Beatty, but DON'T forget about James Brewer who the Giants are apparently VERY high on. I've read on numerous sites that they believe that he could play either LT or RT and don't be surprised if they have him slated to take over for McKenzie next year. They really like Brewer a lot.