PDA

View Full Version : Jermichael Finley

DaKraken
02-10-2012, 11:21 PM
He's a FA....any takers?

Probably will cost too much and not sure that's where the $$ should be used, but TE is a real hole at the moment with the injuries.

scoopscj
02-10-2012, 11:23 PM
No

too $$$ to a position we dont' often use as a catching threat and he also has a bad case of the dropsies

Drez
02-10-2012, 11:24 PM
He isn't going anywhere. If he can't work out a deal with GB, I wouldn't be surprised to see them slap the Franchise tag on him. The number for TEs is nice and low, like $4m-$5m.

poppa smurph
02-10-2012, 11:29 PM
He isn't going anywhere. If he can't work out a deal with GB, I wouldn't be surprised to see them slap the Franchise tag on him. The number for TEs is nice and low, like $4m-$5m.ummm-hmmmmm.
he's not going anywhere

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 11:32 PM
No

too $$$ to a position we dont' often use as a catching threat and he also has a bad case of the dropsies

+1,

we need a blocking TE with the ability to be an occasional receiving threat.

not a receiving threat with the ability to ban an occasional blocker.

cken
02-10-2012, 11:37 PM
No

+1,

i concur, besides the giants offense i dont think really uses the passcatching tight end too well (look @ the disgruntled shockey)

gmen0820
02-10-2012, 11:39 PM
Joel Dreessen is a cheaper alternative and fits what we do.

CDN_G-FAN
02-10-2012, 11:41 PM
No

+1,

i concur, besides the giants offense i dont think really uses the passcatching tight end too well (look @ the disgruntled shockey)

Exactly. Give me the workhorse road grader who can run a decent enough slot-like route with average hands.

we NEED to get the running game going again next year.

JJC7301
02-11-2012, 12:02 AM
No

+1,

I would rather draft a TE in the 1st (if he is BPA) rather then spend big money on another team's expensive FA.

Please don't buy too much into this "it's a TE league." I've always loved the TE position, but I'm not willing to put big $$ into the position.

I'd rather get an inexpensive veteran like Shancoe to pair with Pascoe, and wait for Ballard to come back. Ballard was a LOT of production for very little $$$.

DaKraken
02-13-2012, 12:10 PM
I would rather draft a TE in the 1st (if he is BPA) rather then spend big money on another team's expensive FA.

Please don't buy too much into this "it's a TE league." I've always loved the TE position, but I'm not willing to put big $$ into the position.

I'd rather get an inexpensive veteran like Shancoe to pair with Pascoe, and wait for Ballard to come back. Ballard was a LOT of production for very little $$$.

I like the Shiancoe thought, or how about Fred Davis from the Skins?

jhamburg
02-13-2012, 12:17 PM
He isn't going anywhere. If he can't work out a deal with GB, I wouldn't be surprised to see them slap the Franchise tag on him. The number for TEs is nice and low, like $4m-$5m.

I heard that if they franchise him, he's going to try to argue that he lines up outside so often that he should get the WR number instead. It's an interesting discussion, given the way some TE's are used these days.

burier
02-13-2012, 12:23 PM
Lets not forget we're still in Linebacker hell.

I think Eli has shown that he can get production out of any TE who can stay healthy so I'm not worried about that.

We need linebackers. Goff to me was overrated by fans to begin with and now he's an injury concern.

TrueBlue@NYC
02-13-2012, 12:44 PM
Position isn't worth the money that Finley would command. Not after the production we got out of Ballard and Pascoe. We use the TE in an old school fashion, primarily as a blocker who will catch a couple of passes when the defense overcompensates for our threats on the outside. </P>

Draft the next Ballard or sign a realiable blocker to pair with Pascoe until Ballard returns. </P>

cornerback30
02-13-2012, 12:59 PM
With all the talk about money especially Osi I don't see Reese spending alot of a TE,I can see him going TE in the first round though.