PDA

View Full Version : MESSAGE TO MARIO MANNINGHAM...LEAVE THE GIANTS AND YOU WILL RUIN YOUR CAREER

NYGiantsFan56
02-10-2012, 11:59 PM
Mario Manningham will make a big mistake if he leaves the Giants for more money. IMO he needs to resign with the Giants. They will be fair with him as long he is reasonable. Here are my reasons why his career will falter if he leaves.</P>

1. He is not a #1 Reciever and he will never become one with another team.</P>

2. He florished on this team because he is a No. 3 Reciever on a team with two top recievers who are always double teamed, and who get thrown the football by a 2X Super Bowl MVP QB. He won't find that set up anywhere in the league and as such his career will quickly falter.</P>

3. So any money he may get upfront will be more but he will probably end up getting cut as soon as he exposes himself and his weakness (route discipline)because he won't have Cruz, Nicks, and Eli as part of his tandem.</P>

4. Finally take a look athow sick both Smith and Burress must feel for not coming back to the Giants. I guarentee you they are both sick about it.</P>

TheEnigma
02-11-2012, 12:18 AM
Mario Manningham will make a big mistake if he leaves the Giants for more money. IMO he needs to resign with the Giants. They will be fair with him as long he is reasonable. Here are my reasons why his career will falter if he leaves.</P>

2. He florished on this team because he is a No. 3 Reciever on a team with two top recievers who are always double teamed, and who get thrown the football by a* 2X Super Bowl MVP QB. He won't find that set up anywhere in the league and as such his career will quickly falter.*</P>

3. So any money he may get upfront will be more but he will probably end up getting cut as soon as he exposes himself and his weakness (route discipline)*because he won't have Cruz, Nicks, and Eli as part of his tandem.**</P>

4. Finally take a look at*how sick both Smith and Burress must feel for not coming back to the Giants. I guarentee you they are both sick about it.</P>1. Of course he's not a #1 receiver but he can be a VERY GOOD #2 on another team and would see more action.

2. MM actually posted better numbers before Cruz came along. As long as Nicks and Cruz are above him, he won't see as many targets on this team unlike if he went somewhere else.

3. MM's weakness really is mental mistakes and not being on the same page with Eli. As most people know, he's not exactly the smartest guy and I'm sure trying to learn one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL had to be hard for him. He would probably do better in a more simple system.

4. Sick about the championships? Sure. Sick about the deals they got? Absolutely not. Steve Smith robbed the Eagles blind. It's simply going to come down to whether MM wants better stats and more personal recognition or a better chance at championships.

giantsfan420
02-11-2012, 12:32 AM
i think 99% of the nfl fans will be surprised when MM does NOT get hardly any offers let alone any big deal offers.

HE HAS NO CARTILAGE IN HIS KNEES. HE HAS BONE FRAGMENTS FLOATING AROUND IN HIS KNEE.

you think a teams going to offer a guy with shot knees 30 mil?? he missed time with us this season and had to play banged up with little practice time.

we may be able to get him for like a 3-4 year 10 mil contract. just my take on it. i am not expecting him to get the offers most here think he'll get.

edit- i think we'll compare other teams #3 wr contracts and make him the highest paid #3 wr just my take. that way it won't be much money at all but we can sell him on that premise

JJC7301
02-11-2012, 12:52 AM
Someone will offer to pay him like a # 2 WR, which he is when healthy. And if I'm MM, I take the money. You never know how long your career, and NFL $alary, will continue.

NWKEffectElement
02-11-2012, 01:43 AM
Someone will offer to pay him like a # 2 WR, which he is when healthy. And if I'm MM, I take the money. You never know how long your career, and NFL $alary, will continue.

I would love to have him back but it would be great to see him get paid. There are a few systems he can do well in plus earn a nice Boss type deal. Cincy, MIA, Carolina, and Detroit all come to mind. All of them are team that have a #1 and well under the cap also.

bLuereverie
02-11-2012, 06:17 AM
HE HAS NO CARTILAGE IN HIS KNEES. HE HAS BONE FRAGMENTS FLOATING AROUND IN HIS KNEE.

reference?

Diamondring
02-11-2012, 06:49 AM
I think that since he has been with the Giants for some time, he should know the playbook. I also see that in 010, Mario had over 1,000 yards in limited time. That shows that he should know some of the playbook.

bLuereverie
02-11-2012, 06:53 AM
It's not about knowing the playbook. In a read and react strategy, it's about his application of it on the field.

Diamondring
02-11-2012, 07:09 AM
It's not about knowing the playbook. In a read and react strategy, it's about his application of it on the field.It is about knowing the playbook and what it does. If any player knows the playbook and have it in his head, he can apply that to the field wich he does.

giantsfan420
02-11-2012, 07:13 AM

reference?

MM himself and tons of news articles during the season. Near the end of the season it got especially bad and it was questionable if MM would even be able to play. He took some time off and said it helped and he could play.

I want to say it was the week vs the Jets things were especially looking bleak. He definitely has issues with his knees, theirs a loss of cartilage and bone fragments in his knee that make it painful to run and stuff.

He was able to play through it, but do you think teams are going to be willing to bet the bank on him, especially when this FA WR class is real deep?

edit-in fact I'm positive this is a concern the Giants will key in on as well. I'd be shocked if we offered him a long term deal, I'd assume 3 years max...just a guess. But I have a hard time believing other teams will be willing to give him 4+ year contract, at least not a big guaranteed contract.

His knees were one of the main factors (besides Cruz play) that Cruz moved up on the depth chart.

bLuereverie
02-11-2012, 07:22 AM
He had his knee drained to remove the floating cartilage end of November, but never was it said that it was a career threatening injury.

giantsfan420
02-11-2012, 07:27 AM
He had his knee drained to remove the floating cartilage end of November, but never was it said that it was a career threatening injury.

i never said it was a career threatening injury. i'm saying that teams may be a bit reserved in offering him a huge contract when he has issues with his knees.

he missed time this season because of it, and had games he was questionable that he managed to play in without practicing for much of the week.

i don't know how he'd fix it, maybe drain it all the time, but he still missed games even with draining it.

just saying don't be shocked if the interest we're thinking he may get doesn't end up happening, especially with a deep FA WR class...that's my point, we may be able to re-sign him more than we think bc of this knee issue.

edit-and he missed games later than November too because of it. Missed the Jets game and was questionable for the Dallas finale.

giantsfan420
02-11-2012, 07:30 AM
i'd compare it to the bradshaw example last off season. most were "positive" bradshaw would get this huge contract and go to another team.

teams were hesitant because of his foot injury issue, and we were able to get him for relatively cheap considering his production...

civilwar
02-11-2012, 08:39 AM
I wonder how many NFL pro scouts notice that he does two things just like another Michigan Alum, Amami Toomer, did.

1) He catches the ball with his body. Balls always seem to bounce around off forearms and his chest.

2) Mario and Amani both do amazing jobs of dragging those feet on tough catches to stay inbounds.

swimeasy
02-11-2012, 08:48 AM
Bucs fans are hoping MM will follow Sullivan to Tampa.

jomo
02-11-2012, 08:53 AM
I'd love to keep him at our price but expect someone to give him much more guaranteed money.</P>

It is true that he will maximize his potential here with Eli as his QB and Nicks/Cruz commanding the other team's attention.</P>

That doesn't answer the question about financial security for his familyif he has a career ending injury with us next year.</P>

Daniel Snyder is not the only fool in the NFL who throws too much money at the wrong players. Maybe I am wrong but I think he will go elsewhere.</P>

Joe Morrison
02-11-2012, 11:20 AM
Manningham wouldn't be the first person to go for the money and find themselves out of the league in a year.</P>

Hope he looks at the big picture and gets a fairdeal with a good team of recievers with him.</P>

GMENAGAIN
02-11-2012, 01:02 PM
I love the posters who think that money is not the ONLY consideration in where these players sign . . . .

Axels15
02-11-2012, 02:32 PM
He already has a ring... There's not much he can do to ruin his career at this point. It's not like he was ever going to be in the HOF

bLuereverie
02-11-2012, 07:06 PM

i never said it was a career threatening injury. i'm saying that teams may be a bit reserved in offering him a huge contract when he has issues with his knees.

he missed time this season because of it, and had games he was questionable that he managed to play in without practicing for much of the week.

i don't know how he'd fix it, maybe drain it all the time, but he still missed games even with draining it.

just saying don't be shocked if the interest we're thinking he may get doesn't end up happening, especially with a deep FA WR class...that's my point, we may be able to re-sign him more than we think bc of this knee issue.

edit-and he missed games later than November too because of it. Missed the Jets game and was questionable for the Dallas finale.

Got it. I don't think his stock would hang on this injury, but moreso on the fact he had a really off year. But that in itself can come back to his injury,

chasjay
02-11-2012, 07:16 PM
I love the posters who think that money is not the ONLY consideration in where these players sign . . . .

Agreed. Every team has a player or two (maybe a few) who are making/have made enough that they can overlook some dollars in order to stay where they are - but the majority of players have to take as much as they can get, when they can get it. The average career is not that long and very few of these guys will ever see this kind of income again after they leave the league. You just can't realistically fault them for not having the loyalty that Joe Fan has.

Redeyejedi
02-11-2012, 07:18 PM
I can see Manningham getting somwhere in the neighborhood of what Jordy Nelson got 3 years 13.35 Million. i could see 4-5 Million a year

Rich4114
02-11-2012, 08:51 PM
I think the Giants will offer him a fair deal they are comfortable with. They know that if he leaves, there are other quality options for the same or less $$$ - a few of which are on this roster. If Mario leaves you can expect Barden to earn #3 WR in camp. Plus Hixon would probably be back and who knows if Jernnigan can develop.

bLuereverie
02-11-2012, 08:58 PM
I can see Manningham getting somwhere in the neighborhood of what Jordy Nelson got 3 years 13.35 Million. i could see 4-5 Million a year

That's still too much and approaching some teams' #1s.

Jordy was pretty much signed as the replacement 2 for Driver, and he had the play to match.

Voldamort
02-11-2012, 09:03 PM
Take less money and stay

DandyDon
02-11-2012, 11:11 PM

2. He florished on this team because he is a No. 3 Reciever on a team with two top recievers who are always double teamed, and who get thrown the football by a* 2X Super Bowl MVP QB. He won't find that set up anywhere in the league and as such his career will quickly falter.*</P>

3. So any money he may get upfront will be more but he will probably end up getting cut as soon as he exposes himself and his weakness (route discipline)*because he won't have Cruz, Nicks, and Eli as part of his tandem.**</P>

4. Finally take a look at*how sick both Smith and Burress must feel for not coming back to the Giants. I guarentee you they are both sick about it.</P>1. Of course he's not a #1 receiver but he can be a VERY GOOD #2 on another team and would see more action.

2. MM actually posted better numbers before Cruz came along. As long as Nicks and Cruz are above him, he won't see as many targets on this team unlike if he went somewhere else.

3. MM's weakness really is mental mistakes and not being on the same page with Eli. As most people know, he's not exactly the smartest guy and I'm sure trying to learn one of the most complicated offenses in the NFL had to be hard for him. He would probably do better in a more simple system.

4. Sick about the championships? Sure. Sick about the deals they got? Absolutely not. Steve Smith robbed the Eagles blind. It's simply going to come down to whether MM wants better stats and more personal recognition or a better chance at championships.

I agree with most of your points. He can be a good WR in a simpler system with less talented receivers. And he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I'll be surprised if MM will be here next year, and I think Barden will be a better WR in the long run.

But I disagree about SS. Plax has a ring, SS dont. Rings dont come easy, (especially with the Eagles ;-) and I think he was eating his liver after the Gints won the SB.

DandyDon
02-11-2012, 11:15 PM

I agree with most of your points. He can be a good WR in a simpler system with less talented receivers. And he is not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

I'll be surprised if MM will be here next year, and I think Barden will be a better WR in the long run.

But I disagree about SS. Plax has a ring, SS dont. Rings dont come easy, (especially with the Eagles ;-) and I think he was eating his liver after the Gints won the SB.

My bad - shouldnt type late. SS has one, but still gotta be regertting the move to the egals.

Joe Morrison
02-11-2012, 11:44 PM
He already has a ring... There's not much he can do to ruin his career at this point. It's not like he was ever going to be in the HOF</P>

Everyone seemed to miss the point, if he goes somewhere else for big money and doensn't fit the system or the system does not tolerate him only playing 10 of 16 games the regular season he will only get the guraranteed money and can be cut at any time.</P>

With the GMEN they should offer him a fair deal, some guaranteed money and he has a great support team with Nicks and Cruz, I don't believe he can go to another team and be their #1 per say, so how much will the offer really be.</P>

If they give him 4 years at 4 million a year and maybe 4 guaranteed, if he was smart he'd take the deal.</P>

If he gets a bigger contract with similar #s doesn't fit in he could be done in a year, or possibly less if he gets injured early in the year which is his achilles heal right now.</P>

NYGiantsFan56
02-12-2012, 12:02 AM
I'd love to keep him at our price but expect someone to give him much more guaranteed money.</P>

It is true that he will maximize his potential here with Eli as his QB and Nicks/Cruz commanding the other team's attention.</P>

That doesn't answer the question about financial security for his family*if he has a career ending injury with us next year.</P>

Daniel Snyder is not the only fool in the NFL who throws too much money at the wrong players. Maybe I am wrong but I think he will go elsewhere.</P>
Thats exactly my point. Unless he goes to New England or Green Bay where else is going to flourish individually. He may as you said get his guarantee money but will find himself cut after a year if he doesn't perform. He has injury problems and I just don't think he will get his money. Boss may have gotten double but his statistics stunk in Oakland. Why? System stinks with no QB. This is what Manningham will face.

NYGiantsFan56
02-12-2012, 12:04 AM
He already has a ring... There's not much he can do to ruin his career at this point. It's not like he was ever going to be in the HOF</P>

Everyone seemed to miss the point, if he goes somewhere else for big money and doensn't fit the system or the system does not tolerate him only playing 10 of 16 games the regular season he will only get the guraranteed money and can be cut at any time.</P>

With the GMEN they should offer him a fair deal, some guaranteed money and he has a great support team with Nicks and Cruz, I don't believe he can go to another team and be their #1 per say, so how much will the offer really be.</P>

If they give him 4 years at 4 million a year and maybe 4 guaranteed, if he was smart he'd take the deal.</P>

If he gets a bigger contract with similar #s doesn't fit in he could be done in a year, or possibly less if he gets injured early in the year which is his achilles heal right now.</P>Thats exactly my point. Unless he goes to New England or Green Bay where else is going to flourish individually. He may as you said get his guarantee money but will find himself cut after a year if he doesn't perform. He has injury problems and I just don't think he will get his money. Boss may have gotten double but his statistics stunk in Oakland. Why? System stinks with no QB. This is what Manningham will face.

n420p69
02-12-2012, 12:22 AM
I dunno about this thread because his numbers and SB rings probably won't match what he did here but his pockets will definitely get fatter somewhere else.

NYGiantsFan56
02-27-2012, 10:55 PM
Best of Luck Mario but like I said you ruined your career. You will find out what I mean when you see that Josh Freeman cannot deliver the pass the way Eli can. You will soon be double teamed and an afterthought . James Jones resigned last year with Green Bay instead of leaving. Like you he is a #3 Receiver who realized he rather stay with Rodgers and the GB Receiving Corp. than play for a crap team with no receivers.

Eli TO Shockey
02-27-2012, 11:10 PM
i think 99% of the nfl fans will be surprised when MM does NOT get hardly any offers let alone any big deal offers.

you think a teams going to offer a guy with shot knees 30 mil?? he missed time with us this season and had to play banged up with little practice time.

we may be able to get him for like a 3-4 year 10 mil contract. just my take on it. i am not expecting him to get the offers most here think he'll get.

edit- i think we'll compare other teams #3 wr contracts and make him the highest paid #3 wr just my take. that way it won't be much money at all but we can sell him on that premise

Not a chance

NYG4lifeNYK
02-27-2012, 11:14 PM

lol... come on man

This has got to be a joke.

Rio is going to get his. Many teams will throw money at him.

Rio &amp; Mike Williams is a nice little duo for Freeman.

GameTime
02-28-2012, 08:40 AM

2. He florished on this team because he is a No. 3 Reciever on a team with two top recievers who are always double teamed, and who get thrown the football by a 2X Super Bowl MVP QB. He won't find that set up anywhere in the league and as such his career will quickly falter.</P>

3. So any money he may get upfront will be more but he will probably end up getting cut as soon as he exposes himself and his weakness (route discipline)because he won't have Cruz, Nicks, and Eli as part of his tandem.</P>

4. Finally take a look athow sick both Smith and Burress must feel for not coming back to the Giants. I guarentee you they are both sick about it.</P>

</P>

making probaly almost double of what the Giants "can" offer him is NOT ruining his career. Its setting himself up for his future. Many of you guys say MM is dumb but in my opnion with the injury nature of football he would be dumb NOT to take the payday.</P>

He has a Super Bowl ring. He made what has already become a "storied" catch in a Super Bowl. He already has what so many other players can only dream of....</P>

His season/career could be over on the first play of next season. He should and will get his payday...</P>

</P>

NYGiantsFan56
02-28-2012, 09:05 AM

4. Finally take a look at*how sick both Smith and Burress must feel for not coming back to the Giants. I guarentee you they are both sick about it.</P>

</P>

making probaly almost double of what the Giants "can" offer him is NOT ruining his career. Its setting himself up for his future. Many of you guys say MM is dumb but in my opnion with the injury nature of football he would be dumb NOT to take the payday.</P>

He has a Super Bowl ring. He made what has already become a "storied" catch in a Super Bowl. He already has what so many other players can only dream of....</P>

His season/career could be over on the first play of next season. He should and will get his payday...</P>

*</P>
He will ruin his career in the sense he will not flourish down in Tampa or wherever he ends up because lets face it ELI IS ELI and rest are a cut or two below him. With his injury to his knee he will not get the support he gets here as a #3. Wherever he goes he will have to produce or be gone.He will become a another journeyman. Good players have great careers if they they play with a good team. So he will get more $$$$ now but in the long run he will lose out. He just won't be one of three receivers on a great team anymore. He will never get #1 $$$. In the end it will be revealed he end up leaving the Giants for probably 1.5 to 2 miilion a year more than what the Giants will offer him which is not worth it because he could have had a full career here because ELI likes his receivers and seems to hate getting new ones.

chizz
02-28-2012, 09:07 AM
Mario Manningham just on WFAN. Claims he never said he's "75 percent" likely to leave Giants. Also poo-pooed TB rumors. All right then. #nyg

Manningham said he wants to stay. Asked by @cc660 whether it's more likely he or Cruz gets a deal. "I'd probably go with Vic," he said. #nyg

NYGiantsFan56
02-28-2012, 09:10 AM
Mario Manningham just on WFAN. Claims he never said he's "75 percent" likely to leave Giants. Also poo-pooed TB rumors. All right then. #nyg

Manningham said he wants to stay. Asked by @cc660 whether it's more likely he or Cruz gets a deal. "I'd probably go with Vic," he said. #nyg
Just made my day. Maybe he read the Message boards and woke up. LOL. Actually maybe he realized what it means to be a Giants and he sees what OSI and Jacobs are doing to stay here. Smart move Mario. Be deliberate. GO GIANTS

GameTime
02-28-2012, 09:14 AM

</P>

</P>

He will ruin his career in the sense he will not flourish down in Tampa or wherever he ends up because lets face it ELI IS ELI and rest are a cut or two below him. With his injury to his knee he will not get the support he gets here as a #3. Wherever he goes he will have to produce or be gone.He will become a another journeyman. Good players have great careers if they they play with a good team. So he will get more $$$$ now but in the long run he will lose out. He just won't be one of three receivers on a great team anymore. He will never get #1 $$$. In the end it will be revealed he end up leaving the Giants for probably 1.5 to 2 miilion a year more than what the Giants will offer him which is not worth it because he could have had a full career here because ELI likes his receivers and seems to hate getting new ones.</P>

I agree with you I just think many players think of the "now" because they could blow a knee and never come back......It plays into the equation. Hey....I hope he comes back......but I understand if he takes the payday.....</P>

nygsb42champs
02-28-2012, 10:48 AM
Players often over value themselves. He will get a big contract from somebody but if he does not perform like a #1 WR will he see all of it? Or is he better taking the Giants offer knowing how he fits in here? Only MM can answer those questions.

Morehead State
02-28-2012, 11:19 AM

</P>

</P>

He will ruin his career in the sense he will not flourish down in Tampa or wherever he ends up because lets face it ELI IS ELI and rest are a cut or two below him. With his injury to his knee he will not get the support he gets here as a #3. Wherever he goes he will have to produce or be gone.He will become a another journeyman. Good players have great careers if they they play with a good team. So he will get more $$$$ now but in the long run he will lose out. He just won't be one of three receivers on a great team anymore. He will never get #1 $$$. In the end it will be revealed he end up leaving the Giants for probably 1.5 to 2 miilion a year more than what the Giants will offer him which is not worth it because he could have had a full career here because ELI likes his receivers and seems to hate getting new ones.</P>

Couldn't disagree more. He's #3 here, Eli or not. If he can go somewhere with a decent QB and get targeted a lot more its much better for him. If VJax leaves in SD I can see him there. I can see him in a lot of places where he would do well.</P>

Kruunch
02-28-2012, 11:23 AM

4. Finally take a look at*how sick both Smith and Burress must feel for not coming back to the Giants. I guarentee you they are both sick about it.</P>

</P>

*</P>

Couldn't disagree more.* He's #3 here, Eli or not.* If he can go somewhere with a decent QB and get targeted a lot more its much better for him.* If VJax leaves in SD I can see him there.* I can see him in a lot of places where he would do well.</P>

+1

MM is not better then the top 2 guys we have now (hence why he's the #3 receiver) but he would be a solid #2 on a lot of teams.

49ers, Patriots, Browns, Rams, Ravens, Bucs, Fins and more could all use a play making #2 receiver.

Yes he could disappear into obscurity like some past #2-3 receivers who got big contracts (i.e. Alvin Harper) and he could break out (i.e. Wes Welker, Ed McCaffrey, etc ...).

pino
02-28-2012, 11:39 AM
This is incredibly selfish. MM is going to do what is best for MM and his family. Players have made careers on teams other than the Giants.

He'll get offers. It may not be top receiver money, but the Giants aren't exactly sitting pretty in the salary cap either.

JJC7301
02-29-2012, 12:34 AM

He could go to a team like the 49ers, who are only missing a WR or two, and really help them.

MM is a good WR -- not the best, but good. He is a legit # 2 on a lot of other teams and a # 2 makes a lot more money than a # 3.

Don't be mad at him for going someplace else for more money and the equivelant of a higher job title. I sure as heck would.

Flip Empty
02-29-2012, 12:46 AM
People seem to forget that this is the players' job. They run the risk of having their lives shortened simply by playing the sport. They do that and fans get angry when they try to cash in. So stupid.
If you get offered a promotion, you take it. It's that simple.

giantsfan420
02-29-2012, 02:56 AM

lol... come on man

This has got to be a joke.

Rio is going to get his. Many teams will throw money at him.

Rio & Mike Williams is a nice little duo for Freeman.

Not kidding at all. I do not believe teams are going to throw huge offers at mm. Tampa may bc they have a ton of cap space, but what the typical fan thinks he will get doesn't match what I think he gets.
He has missed a lot of time to injury, has no cartilage remaining in his knees, and has bone fragments floating inside his knee cap. He also has flaws to bhis game, its not like he's a complete wr.

That said, he's a helluva talent and fits damn near perfectly here. I just do not believe he will get these offers many here believe he will. Imo, this will play out like bradshaws last offseason, test the fa market, find offers from other teams don't blow the giants offer away, and we resign him on hometown discount. Jmho.

I kinda hope another team does throw huge bux at him bc he earned it and I want ss over mm anyways