PDA

View Full Version : We Can Even Lose To The Jets or Skins

krygny
12-05-2011, 07:29 AM
The Giants don't have to win out, like everybody seems to be saying. As long as we beat Dallas both times and either Washington or the Jets, we would win the division on the tie-breaker at 9-7.

We're playing for our life next week.

tonyt830
12-05-2011, 07:34 AM
yeah I haven't even looked at any tie-breakers closely yet, but we need to win vs the Skins and Cowboys, no?

Is there any scenario where the Giants can split with the Cowboys and beat the Skins and Jets? Maybe if the Cowboys lose to the Eagles or Bucs?

ajd121
12-05-2011, 08:56 AM
yeah I haven't even looked at any tie-breakers closely yet, but we need to win vs the Skins and Cowboys, no?

Is there any scenario where the Giants can split with the Cowboys and beat the Skins and Jets? Maybe if the Cowboys lose to the Eagles or Bucs?

Yes, If the Giants split with the Cowboys and beat the Redskins and Jets, the Cowboys would need to lose to the Eagles, they would both be 9-7 and the Giants would win the division with the tie breaker. It would have to be the Eagles not the Bucs, otherwise the tie breaker goes to Dallas.

However if they split, but both finish 8-8 the Cowboys would win any tie breakers.

NJ10
12-05-2011, 09:01 AM
Love how last week everybody is saying our season is over. When we beat dallas on Sunday night we are in first place.

buddy33
12-05-2011, 09:02 AM
Well right now I think they need 3 wins. If they beat Dallas twice that gives them only 7 losses and the Giants already have 6. So losing to Washington could really hurt. They can lose to the Jets though.

bleedinblue27
12-05-2011, 09:04 AM
Dumbest Subject EVER!!

ok, lets think about this...... we lose to the jets & skins....
i take it we beat the cowboys twice?
8-8 going into the playoffs..(if its good enough)....at 8-8? come on man!!
what do you believe we do in the playoffs at 8-8?

ajd121
12-05-2011, 09:06 AM
Well right now I think they need 3 wins. If they beat Dallas twice that gives them only 7 losses and the Giants already have 6. So losing to Washington could really hurt. They can lose to the Jets though.

Or if Dallas go 0-4 Giants are automatically in the playoffs, as long as the Eagles lose at least 1 game.

miked1958
12-05-2011, 09:08 AM
Well i think its because we have not won a game since that SB like celebration in the Pats Visitors Locker Room after beating NE. Since then the Pats have gone on a TEAR and got better winning 4 in a row and we have gone in the other direction losing all 4. </P>

So you can see why people around here are tired of taking moral victories. At some point we have to get off the mat and stop living on moral wins and get some real ones or our season will be over in next wk or 2. </P>

Can they bounce back and win 3 or 4 games to close out. I would like to think so, but with all the injury and shifting around guys... I dont know what team will show up sunday night in dallas. Very loseable game. Hopefully Romo screws up. If we can win that one coupled with how touch we play the Packers maybe it jumpstarts our run to the post season and gives us confidence to finish out. The way it stands now i really dont think the Giants or Dallas will last very long having to go to NO or GB..
So it may just be just a formality as to who wins our division, but we will soon find out</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 10:04 AM
Dumbest Subject EVER!!

ok, lets think about this...... we lose to the jets &amp; skins....
i take it we beat the cowboys twice?
8-8 going into the playoffs..(if its good enough)....at 8-8? come on man!!
what do you believe we do in the playoffs at 8-8?

You didn't know playoffs was a different picture? I could care less what our record is if we make the playoffs, just win games in the playoffs.

Redeyejedi
12-05-2011, 10:17 AM
Ive been saying this for a month.The Giants need to beat the Cowboys twice and get to 9-7.The Giants can not lose a game to the Cowboys however because of the division and conference records.A split with the Cowboys would mean the Boys need to lose every other game.

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 10:19 AM
they are not going to sweep the Cowboys...one reason, Dallas' D isnt too shabby...2. we play on a Sunday Night..

daynemustgo
12-05-2011, 10:32 AM
What are the scenarios for NY winning the SB without having to win another game this year?

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 10:38 AM
LOL @ cowboys forums, they are scared of us, let's hope we destroy them.

They all know their team blows

Spytheweb
12-05-2011, 01:28 PM
Dallas could lose to TB and the Eagles too! Which i think they will.

galaxy10
12-05-2011, 01:33 PM
Wow, TB are really awful. I think their QB is also hurt.