PDA

View Full Version : Boothe over Baas

yoeddy
12-05-2011, 08:47 AM
Seems like we run better when Boothe is playing, and we play better when we run better.

buddy33
12-05-2011, 08:53 AM
Heard Bob Papa say that they should stick with this OL because they could actually ran well yesterday. I think he said they averaged 5 yards per carry. You do have to remember that Green Bay does not have a good defense, but neither do the Patriots or Saints and they didn't run well against them either.

Unfortunately I feel that if Baas is healthy next week he will play. Petrus was good too.

BK07071
12-05-2011, 09:26 AM
Seems like we run better when Boothe is playing, and we play better when we run better.

Baas is a joke! He should be cut!

little blue
12-05-2011, 09:27 AM

*Baas is a joke! He should be cut!
+I00000000000000000000000

gumby742
12-05-2011, 10:18 AM
As much as I love JR, Baas was a crap signing. How much did we pay for this guy?

ny06
12-05-2011, 10:21 AM
As much as I love JR, Baas was a crap signing. How much did we pay for this guy?</P>

7/29/2011: Signed a five-year, $27.5 million contract. The deal contains $11.5 million guaranteed, including an $8.5 million signing bonus, all of Baas' first-year salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Annual $250,000 workout bonuses are available in years two through five. 2011: $1 million, 2012: $3 million, 2013: $4.25 million, 2014: $4.75 million, 2015: $5 million, 2016: Free Agent</P>

Terrible signing by Reese, but he was the best center out there at the time. </P>

I say cut your losses and release him after the season.</P>

gumby742
12-05-2011, 10:27 AM
As much as I love JR, Baas was a crap signing. How much did we pay for this guy?</P>

7/29/2011: Signed a five-year, $27.5 million contract. The deal contains $11.5 million guaranteed, including an $8.5 million signing bonus, all of Baas' first-year salary, and $2 million of his second-year salary. Annual $250,000 workout bonuses are available in years two through five. 2011: $1 million, 2012: $3 million, 2013: $4.25 million, 2014: $4.75 million, 2015: $5 million, 2016: Free Agent</P>

Terrible signing by Reese, but he was the best center out there at the time. </P>

</P>

I'm going to save judgement until next year. But damn what a bust this year.</P>

GMENAGAIN
12-05-2011, 10:31 AM

</P>

I'm going to save judgement until next year. But damn what a bust this year.</P>

</P>

Yeah, me too.</P>

</P>

I'd like to see him after a full offseason, but for right now, let's keep Boothe in there . . . . </P>

Atomic1
12-07-2011, 12:38 PM
I think he is playing hurt.....or trying to play hurt but I recall he played well his first 2 weeks.

krygny
12-07-2011, 01:21 PM
Booth played well at C against the Pack. I hope he keeps it up because it's not looking too good for Baas.

GameTime
12-07-2011, 01:41 PM

you think Reese signed because he thought he sucked? The Niners had a decent rushing game last year and he may have been the best preojected Center out there. Cant blame Reese for trying and the guy wound up not doing well. Reeses' crystal ball works no better then yours.....lol</P>

Rusty192
12-07-2011, 01:45 PM
As much as I love JR, Baas was a crap signing. How much did we pay for this guy?</p>

you think Reese signed because he thought he sucked? The Niners had a decent rushing game last year and he may have been the best preojected Center out there. Cant blame Reese for trying and the guy wound up not doing well. Reeses' crystal ball works no better then yours.....lol</p>It's kind of ironic though because the minute Baas leaves SF, their running game is much better.

YATittle1962
12-07-2011, 02:00 PM

Boothey all the way.....

this guy Baas has been pushed around all season

jax5338
12-07-2011, 02:28 PM
petrus played well too. maybe he has a future as a full time starter at G

YATittle1962
12-07-2011, 02:41 PM
petrus played well too. maybe he has a future as a full time starter at G

Mitch should stay right where he was last week

burier
12-07-2011, 02:55 PM
As much as I love JR, Baas was a crap signing.* How much did we pay for this guy?</P>

you think Reese signed because he thought he sucked? The Niners had a decent rushing game last year and he may have been the best preojected Center out there. Cant blame Reese for trying and the guy wound up not doing well. Reeses' crystal ball works no better then yours.....lol</P>

One thing Reese shouldn't be doing it signing guys based on someone elses ratings or projections.

He should put on the tape himself (He's a scout by trade) and figure out if the guy is worth it.

Now I believe Reese is competent so I believe he did his homework on the guy before offering him a job,,,I just think he screwed the pooch.

He may want to solicit some help in evaluating lineman both offensive and defensive.

GameTime
12-07-2011, 03:43 PM

One thing Reese shouldn't be doing it signing guys based on someone elses ratings or projections. He should put on the tape himself (He's a scout by trade) and figure out if the guy is worth it. Now I believe Reese is competent so I believe he did his homework on the guy before offering him a job,,,I just think he screwed the pooch. He may want to solicit some help in evaluating lineman both offensive and defensive.</P>

My point is that not every decision is going to work out. He signed Baas because he thought it was the best option. So far the guy has been hurt and not performing well. I am not going to kill the GM for decsion he made that he thought was in the best interest of the Giants. The large majority of his decisions seem to be working ot fine. </P>

</P>

Giantsin04
12-07-2011, 03:57 PM
As much as I love JR, Baas was a crap signing.* How much did we pay for this guy?</P>

One thing Reese shouldn't be doing it signing guys based on someone elses ratings or projections. He should put on the tape himself (He's a scout by trade) and figure out if the guy is worth it. Now I believe Reese is competent so I believe he did his homework on the guy before offering him a job,,,I just think he screwed the pooch. He may want to solicit some help in evaluating lineman both offensive and defensive.</P>

My point is that not every decision is going to work out. He signed Baas because he thought it was the best option. So far the guy has been hurt and not performing well. I am not going to kill the GM for decsion he made that he thought was in the best interest of the Giants. The large majority of his decisions seem to be working ot fine. </P>

*</P>

How do you figure the large majority of his decisions seem to be working fine?

The offensive line has gotten worse each year he has been here. The defense has been an embarrassment for the last 3 years. He has shelled out big money on rb's (twice) that have not been very productive.

The best player on the team, Eli, he inherited. I have a hard time seeing how he has been anything but average. And that is because his 2007 draft contributed so much to the superbowl. After that, he has been sub-par.

GameTime
12-07-2011, 04:04 PM

</P>

How do you figure the large majority of his decisions seem to be working fine? The offensive line has gotten worse each year he has been here. The defense has been an embarrassment for the last 3 years. He has shelled out big money on rb's (twice) that have not been very productive. The best player on the team, Eli, he inherited. I have a hard time seeing how he has been anything but average. And that is because his 2007 draft contributed so much to the superbowl. After that, he has been sub-par.</P>

How has the oline been getting worse every year?? This is a bad year but the past have not. The defense has been embarrasing.....and thats because of Reese?? The LB group has been lacking...that is for sure. Show me how many really good LBs there are in the league per team??....There aint many. Go pay attention to another team as much as you do the Giants and you will see many worse decision across the board.I will garauntee you that.</P>

So he gets **** on for letting vets go and then he gets **** on for keeping vets that dont perform as good as you want them too. </P>

I never said he was the best GM but he is far far bad. </P>

</P>

</P>

Giantsin04
12-07-2011, 04:16 PM

*</P>

How do you figure the large majority of his decisions seem to be working fine? The offensive line has gotten worse each year he has been here. The defense has been an embarrassment for the last 3 years. He has shelled out big money on rb's (twice) that have not been very productive. The best player on the team, Eli, he inherited. I have a hard time seeing how he has been anything but average. And that is because his 2007 draft contributed so much to the superbowl. After that, he has been sub-par.</P>

How has the oline been getting worse every year?? This is a bad year but the past have not. The defense has been embarrasing.....and thats because of Reese?? The LB group has been lacking...that is for sure. Show me how many really good LBs there are in the league per team??....There aint many. Go pay attention to another team as much as you do the Giants and you will see many worse decision across the board.*I will garauntee you that.</P>

So he gets **** on for letting vets go and then he gets **** on for keeping vets that dont perform as good as you want them too. </P>

I never said he was the best GM but he is far far* bad. </P>

*</P>

*</P>

The Oline was the best in football in 2008 and is now one of the worst. How is that not "getting worse"? The GM's job is rebuild as you go and not allow it to completely fall apart one year.

Leaving LB's out of it for a minute, the overall defense has been bad for 3 straight years. two different coordinators and the same results. His job is to build the defense. He selects the players. And this group of players is showing a long track record of giving up tons of points and tons of yards. There are only a couple of teams in the league that surrender more than the Giants.

Im not saying he is the worst. I am not even saying he is BAD. I just challenged you on the idea that "most" of his decisions have been working fine.

GameTime
12-07-2011, 04:37 PM

</P>

How has the oline been getting worse every year?? This is a bad year but the past have not. The defense has been embarrasing.....and thats because of Reese?? The LB group has been lacking...that is for sure. Show me how many really good LBs there are in the league per team??....There aint many. Go pay attention to another team as much as you do the Giants and you will see many worse decision across the board.I will garauntee you that.</P>

I never said he was the best GM but he is far far bad. </P>

</P>

</P>

The Oline was the best in football in 2008 and is now one of the worst. How is that not "getting worse"? The GM's job is rebuild as you go and not allow it to completely fall apart one year. Leaving LB's out of it for a minute, the overall defense has been bad for 3 straight years. two different coordinators and the same results. His job is to build the defense. He selects the players. And this group of players is showing a long track record of giving up tons of points and tons of yards. There are only a couple of teams in the league that surrender more than the Giants. Im not saying he is the worst. I am not even saying he is BAD. I just challenged you on the idea that "most" of his decisions have been working fine.</P>

I am not versed enough to have a good discussion with you. I think he has done pretty good we disaggre there. Not bailing on the conversation but it takes more than just the right players to make a team work. IMO....the Giants have more pressing issues than what players they have. It more about how the players they have are used. Which you can hold Reese responsible for to a degree as well. There have been some player picks and choices that havent worked out for sure but many have. </P>

</P>

</P>