PDA

View Full Version : 8-8 good enough?

bleedinblue27
12-05-2011, 10:13 AM
We need to win out....10-6...
a 10 win team is more believable in the playoffs then a 8-8 team!

I want to believe, its just hard when they have a 6-2 start and fall on there face!
I think the Packers game hurts us more then helps us! its never inspiring to lose!!

RonJon
12-05-2011, 11:34 AM
9-7 gets us the division too as long as they sweep Dallas

ELI_Iz_God
12-05-2011, 11:43 AM

tall order there buddy

burier
12-05-2011, 11:48 AM
I'm not worried about 8-8 when 10-6 and a division title is right infront of us.

We just need a little more out of the D and we're gonna win out.

THEMASTER
12-05-2011, 11:52 AM
I'm not worried about 8-8 when 10-6 and a division title is right infront of us. We just need a little more out of the D and we're gonna win out.</P>

We would get more out of the D if the O could generate some sustained drives......these 60+yard plays are nice, but they dont use much clock......the end of the game yesterday was evident, they left too much clock.</P>

RonJon
12-05-2011, 12:03 PM

tall order there buddy

But definitelty doable. Cowboys haven't exactly been blowing teams out lately. Took last second field goals to beat the Redskins and the Dolphins and they lost to AZ.

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 12:14 PM
Go read a cowboys forum, they are petrified of playing us, they know their team hasn;t been playing that amazing.

That being said, the giants need to play like they've been playing amazing, no more small talk. Let's finally get a blowout!

burier
12-05-2011, 12:23 PM
I'm not worried about 8-8 when 10-6 and a division title is right infront of us. We just need a little more out of the D and we're gonna win out.</P>

We would get more out of the D if the O could generate some sustained drives......these 60+yard plays are nice, but they dont use much clock......the end of the game yesterday was evident, they left too much clock.</P>

You're being serious right now?

The defense put us in a spot where we had to travel the length of the field score a TD and two point converstion and its on the offense top leave less than 58 seconds on the clock?

How bout the D do their damn job?

Say the Giants take all of the time off the clock and we go into overtime and lose the toss?

Then what?? You gonna blame the coin????

burier
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Go read a cowboys forum, they are petrified of playing us, they know their team hasn;t been playing that amazing.

That being said, the giants need to play like they've been playing amazing, no more small talk. Let's finally get a blowout!

Oh they're fans a scared? Lets hope the Cowboys start a few of those scared fans or it wont matter.

ELI_Iz_God
12-05-2011, 12:25 PM

You're being serious right now?

The defense put us in a spot where we had to travel the length of the field score a TD and two point converstion and its on the offense top leave less than 58 seconds on the clock?

How bout the D do their damn job?

Say the Giants take all of the time off the clock and we go into overtime and lose the toss?

Then what?? You gonna blame the coin????

shoulda called tails instead of heads!

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 12:54 PM

Oh they're fans a scared? Lets hope the Cowboys start a few of those scared fans or it wont matter.

Real my whole post before you start dumb nonsense.

Second, learn to spell.

NYGJayPro81
12-05-2011, 01:02 PM
We need to win out....10-6... a 10 win team is more believable in the playoffs then a 8-8 team! I want to believe, its just hard when they have a 6-2 start and fall on there face! I think the Packers game hurts us more then helps us! its never inspiring to lose!!</P>

Nobody says it's inspiring to lose...but when you go blow for blow with the best the team in the league and only lose by three on a last second FG that gives you confidence...very similar to '07 when we went blow for blow with the Patriots in the regular season...if we can get into the playoffs I think we have a very good chance to surprise people.</P>

RoanokeFan
12-05-2011, 01:05 PM
I'm not worried about 8-8 when 10-6 and a division title is right infront of us.

We just need a little more out of the D and we're gonna win out.

+1 We need a little more out of EVERYBODY on the field and it will happen.

burier
12-05-2011, 01:05 PM

Second, learn to spell.

I'll learn to spell as soon you tell me how to "real" your post.

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 01:12 PM

Second, learn to spell.

It's "real" whatever you mean by that.

burier
12-05-2011, 01:24 PM

Second, learn to spell.

Someone get the rope for this guy.

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 01:44 PM

Second, learn to spell.

Now your making assumptions, are you illiterate or something? I'm the optimistic one here...I'm not saying this team won't make it.

burier
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM

Second, learn to spell.

Now your making assumptions, are you illiterate or something? I'm the optimistic one here...I'm not saying this team won't make it.

No I'm not illiterate...and I'm not sure you know what illiterate means.

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 01:47 PM
My main concern is that it's a prime time game....and we know how our Giants love them...

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 01:54 PM

Second, learn to spell.

I guess I didn't, i had to look up "illiterate" on dictionary.com and it said "burier"

burier
12-05-2011, 01:57 PM

Second, learn to spell.

I guess I didn't, i had to look up "illiterate" on dictionary.com and it said "burier"

Ha...dude you're way out of you league here so in the spirit of Christmas I'm gonna let this one slide. I've already been accused of bullying people around here and that is not my intention.

G-Men Surg.
12-05-2011, 02:02 PM
Here are the scenarios with 4 games to go ...

http://espn.go.com/blog/nfceast/post/_/id/33581/playoff-scenarios-in-the-wild-nfc-east

Cowboys beat Giants twice

No matter what else happens in this scenario, the Cowboys would be the NFC East champions. They would be no worse than 9-7 and no other team would be able to win more than eight. If the Cowboys beat the Giants on Sunday and again on New Year's Day, it doesn't matter what happens in Weeks 15 and 16.

Giants beat Cowboys twice and beat EITHER the Redskins or Jets

If this happens, the Giants will be 9-7 and the Cowboys would be 9-7 at best. Even if the Cowboys win their other two games against Tampa Bay and Philadelphia, the Giants would be division champs by virtue of the head-to-head record.

Giants beat Cowboys twice, lose to Redskins and Jets; Cowboys win their other two games

The Cowboys would win the division outright with a 9-7 record, as the Giants would finish 8-8. However...

Giants beat Cowboys twice, lose to Redskins and Jets; Cowboys go 1-1 in other two games

The Giants and Cowboys would both finish 8-8, which means the Giants would win the division by virtue of the head-to-head tiebreaker as long as neither the Eagles nor the Redskins finish 4-0.

Giants and Cowboys split head-to-head games; Cowboys beat Buccaneers and Eagles

The Cowboys would be 10-6 and an outright division champ.

Giants and Cowboys split head-to-head games; Cowboys beat Eagles.

In this scenario, it doesn't matter what the Giants do in their other two games or what the Cowboys do against the Bucs. The Cowboys would be 9-7 and would hold the tiebreaker over the Giants due to a better conference record.

Eagles finish 4-0, Dallas finishes 1-3 or worse and Giants finish 2-2 or worse.

The Eagles, Cowboys and Giants would finish in a three-way tie and the Eagles would be division champs by virtue of tiebreakers. They'd be 3-1 in games against Dallas and New York. The Cowboys would be no better than 1-3 in games against New York and Philadelphia. And the Giants would be no better than 3-1 in games against Philadelphia and Dallas. The second tiebreaker is division record, which would go easily to the Eagles at 5-1. If the Eagles finish 4-0, Dallas finishes 1-3 and the Giants finish 1-3, it's a two-way tie between the Eagles and Cowboys, and the Eagles will have been 2-0 against Dallas, so they'd win on the first tiebreaker. Note: This happens even if both of the Giants' victories are against the Cowboys.

Redskins finish 4-0, Cowboys finish 0-4, Giants lose to Jets on Christmas Eve

The Redskins and Giants would finish in a tie for the division title at 8-8, with the Cowboys 7-9 and the Eagles also under .500. The Redskins would claim the division title by virtue of having won both games against the Giants. Also, they'll have finished 4-0 without two of their best offensive players, Trent Williams and Fred Davis, who are suspended for the rest of the season for drug policy violations. I'll have to look up whether those guys would be allowed to play playoff games.

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 02:03 PM

Second, learn to spell.

Ha...dude you're way out of you league here so in the spirit of Christmas I'm gonna let this one slide. I've already been accused of bullying people around here and that is not my intention.

i'm sure it isn't, but your accusing me of jumping off the bridge/bandwagon/whatever you want to call it.

Wish that was a rule that you just broke too.

RonJon
12-05-2011, 02:05 PM
Take care of the division games and they win the NFC East. Case closed

burier
12-05-2011, 02:07 PM
case closed