PDA

View Full Version : Luke Kuechly @ 32

Spizi
02-13-2012, 09:53 PM
Does anyone think Kuechly will fall? I honestly believe he could be there when we pick.

What separates him from guys like Laurinaitus, Lee, and Posluzny? Those guys were both studs and fell to the top of the second round most likely because they're white. What do you think?

smashndash715
02-13-2012, 10:20 PM
Does anyone think Kuechly will fall? I honestly believe he could be there when we pick.

What separates him from guys like Laurinaitus, Lee, and Posluzny? Those guys were both studs and fell to the top of the second round most likely because they're white. What do you think?

he is a beast..id glady take him..i was hoping teo was going to come out of notre dame but he stayed..so im cool with luke

Spizi
02-13-2012, 10:24 PM
yea I know he's a beast but I know the NFL is racist against white people lol Is he that much better of a prospect than Laurinaitus, Lee, or Poz? He is kinda small.

smashndash715
02-13-2012, 10:27 PM
yea I know he's a beast but I know the NFL is racist against white people lol Is he that much better of a prospect than Laurinaitus, Lee, or Poz? He is kinda small.

i dont know how they are racist against white people but ok...i would say he is as good of a prospect as them..and they are all really good in my opinion

Martyr
02-13-2012, 10:29 PM
yea I know he's a beast but I know the NFL is racist against white people lol Is he that much better of a prospect than Laurinaitus, Lee, or Poz? He is kinda small. i dont know how they are racist against white people but ok...i would say he is as good of a prospect as them..and they are all really good in my opinion</P>

To be very clear I am white myself and when I hear white Lber I think slow lol.</P>

Axels15
02-13-2012, 10:31 PM
The Maras do love those Boston College boys

GmenFan1980
02-13-2012, 10:34 PM
yea I know he's a beast but I know the NFL is racist against white people lol Is he that much better of a prospect than Laurinaitus, Lee, or Poz? He is kinda small. i dont know how they are racist against white people but ok...i would say he is as good of a prospect as them..and they are all really good in my opinion</P>

To be very clear I am white myself and when I hear white Lber I think slow lol.</P>

http://th442.photobucket.com/albums/qq147/ligotgaspar/emoticon/th_mw_laugh.gif I lol'd :)

Spizi
02-13-2012, 10:36 PM

haha I know what you mean even though its not always true. the nfl is racist against black qbs, white runningbacks, etc.

Neverend
02-13-2012, 10:53 PM
I think its so damn ignorant, stupid, and just completely funny when the "Experts" across the web criticize Kuechly for making most of his tackles after big plays thus his stats being inflated.

While that may be true, last year the boston college eagles had the best run defense in the country and Kuechly STILL had a ridiculous high number of tackles. Just watch him in games, he can completely destroy an offensive game plan.

So if people want to hold things against him (like not being the biggest, fastest, or strongest athlete), then fine by me. I would be thrilled for the giants to snatch him right up at 32. Ray Lewis was never the biggest, fastest, or strongest guy either

XxBigWhitxX
02-13-2012, 11:19 PM
Lets not forget White corners. I mean Sehorn was the last I believe.

Martyr
02-13-2012, 11:41 PM
Lets not forget White corners. I mean Sehorn was the last I believe.</P>

</P>

lol now your talking about a very rare group, I'd almostsay "extinct" </P>

TheEnigma
02-13-2012, 11:52 PM
Asian Quarterbacks are where its at. So cerebral in the pocket...

THE_New_York_Giants
02-14-2012, 12:04 AM

haha I know what you mean even though its not always true. the nfl is racist against black qbs, white runningbacks, etc.
i haven't seen many great pro-style black QB's in college and it's the same with running backs... Just saying.

Kruunch
02-14-2012, 10:34 AM

I can't speak for Laurinaitus or Poz, but Lee was a projected second rounder all the way.

While you could play the race card at certain positions (like CB), I don't see LBer being one of them.

Having said that, I highly doubt we draft a LB in the first round (although I wouldn't mind and I think Kuechly would be a good choice).

Spizi
02-14-2012, 11:39 AM

I can't speak for Laurinaitus or Poz, but Lee was a projected second rounder all the way.

While you could play the race card at certain positions (like CB), I don't see LBer being one of them.

Having said that, I highly doubt we draft a LB in the first round (although I wouldn't mind and I think Kuechly would be a good choice).

ok cool thanks. I'm sure someone knows about poz and laurinaitus. they were higher profile prospects than lee if I remember correctly.

I just don't see how all these experts can say that Kuechly is a top 12 talent. He isnt.

giantman8493
02-14-2012, 11:41 AM

i dont know how they are racist against white people but ok...i would say he is as good of a prospect as them..and they are all really good in my opinion How many white players play defense..... not a lot. the black lbs are more athletic so they may go ahead of him based on potential but luke is a beast.

Kruunch
02-14-2012, 02:33 PM

ok cool thanks. I'm sure someone knows about poz and laurinaitus. they were higher profile prospects than lee if I remember correctly.

I just don't see how all these experts can say that Kuechly is a top 12 talent. He isnt.

You'll see all the draft consensus turned on its head after the Combine.

Some nobody runs a 4.3 40 and becomes a Top 10 talent while the current Top 10 talent runs a 4.6 and slides to the 3rd round.

Happens every year.

Spizi
02-14-2012, 03:16 PM
true. I remember before this year they had alshon jeffery going number 1 overall in some mocks lol.

bLuereverie
02-14-2012, 06:10 PM

i dont know how they are racist against white people but ok...i would say he is as good of a prospect as them..and they are all really good in my opinion How many white players play defense..... not a lot. the black lbs are more athletic so they may go ahead of him based on potential but luke is a beast.

Clay Matthews
Brian Urlacher
AJ Hawk
James Laurinitis
Sean Lee
Brian Cushing

smashndash715
02-14-2012, 06:18 PM
has no1 heard of brain urlacher? you say the black lbs are more athletic so they go ahead...hmm maybe they are just better( and im white)

smashndash715
02-14-2012, 06:21 PM
and there are plenty of nonathletic BLACK lbs...bart scott comes to mind..london fletcher isnt athletic..just really instinctive and reallly good

Spizi
02-14-2012, 09:13 PM

Clay Matthews
Brian Urlacher
AJ Hawk
James Laurinitis
Sean Lee
Brian Cushing

and there you go. you named all of them haha. Anyway I just don't see Kuechly going in the top 20. He's not a good enough athlete to warrant that high of a pick.

giantman8493
02-14-2012, 09:35 PM

Clay Matthews
Brian Urlacher
AJ Hawk
James Laurinitis
Sean Lee
Brian Cushing
...yeah and i didnt say they couldent.... its just harder.

giantman8493
02-14-2012, 09:37 PM
and there are plenty of nonathletic BLACK lbs...bart scott comes to mind..london fletcher isnt athletic..just really instinctive and reallly goodjesus.. i mean there are expections but the majority is like that.

myles2424
02-14-2012, 09:39 PM
I think unless he shows up to the combine 240+ & can hit a 4.6ish 40 then he'll fall a bit....

greenca190
02-14-2012, 10:05 PM

Clay Matthews
Brian Urlacher
AJ Hawk
James Laurinitis
Sean Lee
Brian Cushing

"He's a high motor player..."

BlueSanta
02-15-2012, 12:03 AM
I think unless he shows up to the combine 240+ &amp; can hit a 4.6ish 40 then he'll fall a bit....

40 means almost nothing to a MLB. The cone drills and other quickness drills will matter way more.

The only time 40 matters is when someone puts up a REALLY good or bad number. Otherwise , it is a throwaway stat. How many times a season does a MLB run 40 yards in a straight line? Maybe 5?

bLuereverie
02-15-2012, 06:43 AM
I think unless he shows up to the combine 240+ & can hit a 4.6ish 40 then he'll fall a bit....

40 means almost nothing to a MLB. The cone drills and other quickness drills will matter way more.

The only time 40 matters is when someone puts up a REALLY good or bad number. Otherwise , it is a throwaway* stat. How many times a season does a MLB run 40 yards in a straight line? Maybe 5?

The 40 actually does apply here since you're evaluating someone asked to play from sideline to sideline.

Though Kuechly's stock shouldn't move drastically just because of the combine. The majority of teams' player evaluations should have occurred already, and I certainly don't think Kuechly will interview poorly or show any sign of poor work ethic. If he drops, it is simply because he is a mlb.

myles2424
02-15-2012, 07:11 AM

The only time 40 matters is when someone puts up a REALLY good or bad number. Otherwise , it is a throwaway* stat. How many times a season does a MLB run 40 yards in a straight line? Maybe 5?
I agree.....but a prospect asked to cover a lot of ground running a 4.5-6 sounds much better than 4.7-8.....regardless 40 time can still effectct his stock

BlueSanta
02-15-2012, 08:19 AM
I still have reservations about his not being "athletic." I encourage anyone to go watch his 2011 game vs FSU. Its really hard to see all the movement FSU made him do and still doubt his ability to move around.

He may not be the best athlete in the class, but I do think he is a good 1. I still think he may surprise at the combine.

Seducer
02-15-2012, 09:02 AM
Lots of mocks with him top 12

Kruunch
02-15-2012, 10:27 AM

The 40 actually does apply here since you're evaluating someone asked to play from sideline to sideline.

Though Kuechly's stock shouldn't move drastically just because of the combine. The majority of teams' player evaluations should have occurred already, and I certainly don't think Kuechly will interview poorly or show any sign of poor work ethic. If he drops, it is simply because he is a mlb.

Only 40 splits will really be telling (showing off acceleration) and the shuttle drills.

Except to clubs with really bad personel people and the Cowboys.

nygsb42champs
02-15-2012, 11:47 AM
I think he would be a very solid pick at 32. I believe that you have to look at what happens in the beginning of free agency before we can zero in on what our specific needs would be at 32.

G-Men4Supes
02-19-2012, 10:20 PM
I saw 3 mocks tonight that have Kuechly going to the Eagles at no. 15.

giantyankee1976
02-20-2012, 08:48 AM

I just read about this kid...I am intrigued !!!

over 500 Tackles, played both Mike and Will, is intelligent and continues the BC tradition the Jints picked up on with Coughlin, Kiwi, Herzlich, Blackmon, Snee and even that Purvis kid

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/story/17340659/bcs-super-productive-kuechly-eager-to-show-numbers-can-translate-to-nfl

I was pretty sad we missed out on Pozulsuky(sp), Laurinitis (sp), P-Willis, Beason etc.

I think this kid plus Boley, J-Will, GJ and Goff either adds quality depth or out-right starts depending on a true and full training camp.

bLuereverie
02-20-2012, 09:00 AM
I saw 3 mocks tonight that have Kuechly going to the Eagles at no. 15.

He would be perfect for them, but Eagles don't like drafting LBs before round 4.

Redeyejedi
02-20-2012, 09:31 AM
He might not be stout enough for a Giant MLB. Look at him physically.Small waist , not much girth through the lower half of his body. Not overly strong in his upper half either.He is an instinctual great Football player but I dont believe he fits the athletic profile for the Giants as a high draft pick.I liked Sean Lee a lot coming out and he profiles similarly physically.Id say the LB situation was in more of dire straits then and they passed on him.The injury could of scared them off on him though

Spizi
02-20-2012, 10:07 AM
He might not be stout enough for a Giant MLB. Look at him physically.Small waist , not much girth through the lower half of his body. Not overly strong in his upper half either.He is an instinctual great Football player but I dont believe he fits the athletic profile for the Giants as a high draft pick.I liked Sean Lee a lot coming out and he profiles similarly physically.Id say the LB situation was in more of dire straits then and they passed on him.The injury could of scared them off on him though

But see that's the thing. We pick 32 so it's not a high pick!! Kuechly would fit the mold at 32 becuase of BPA, BC, and we need a frickin MLB! haha

Redeyejedi
02-20-2012, 11:33 AM

But see that's the thing. We pick 32 so it's not a high pick!! Kuechly would fit the mold at 32 becuase of BPA, BC, and we need a frickin MLB! hahaHigh pick i mean the first 2 Rounds. Physically speaking I dont see it for the Giants.He almost looks like a WLB

Kruunch
02-22-2012, 01:19 PM

But see that's the thing. We pick 32 so it's not a high pick!! Kuechly would fit the mold at 32 becuase of BPA, BC, and we need a frickin MLB! hahaHigh pick i mean the first 2 Rounds. Physically speaking I dont see it for the Giants.He almost looks like a WLB

That's his appeal. LBers have to excel on coverage these days (any of the LBers).

But yeah I don't think we go with a LBer on day 1. We have so many right now both starters and depth and given our past history with LBs (under Reese) I think he'll be satisfied with what we have and may add depth in day 2 of the draft if that.