PDA

View Full Version : I am not upset about yesterday's game

Tommy_Ribs
12-05-2011, 10:39 AM
Sure I would have wanted a win, who wouldn't?

But the team responded on a short week after a bad loss, and took the undefeated world champs to the last second.

The Packers made a few more plays than we did. Give them credit they are a great team.

But we should have no shame, we did the best we could and left everything on the field.

No regrets.

burier
12-05-2011, 10:41 AM
agreed.

I the defense still sickens me but they played well enough to win most weeks.

if the teams that played yesterdays shows up for the rest of the season we got a shot to make some noise in the playoffs.

daynemustgo
12-05-2011, 10:50 AM
If only they displayed the same fire against the lowly Redskins, Seahawks, and Eagles.....what could have been.

jints10
12-05-2011, 10:52 AM
I am not upset with the teams effort at all. What I am upset about is the NFL refs. If they want to dictate the outcomes of games through officiating they should be forced to call it entertainment and not sport. The bad calls were out in force yesterday a bad PI, a bad D holding 2 bad TDS is too much. Not saying the Pack wouldn't have scored TDs on those drives but they should have to earn them like every other team.

I wonder if their is any way we as fans can file a class action law suit against the NFL.

YATittle1962
12-05-2011, 11:03 AM
agreed

must destroy Dallas!!!!!

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
why did it take them 13 weeks to play with this kind of passion is what I dont understand?...

GMENAGAIN
12-05-2011, 11:11 AM
why did it take them 13 weeks to play with this kind of passion is what I dont understand?...
</P>

They didn't play with passion in the first Eagles game or against the Pats?</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 11:11 AM

You've asked this in every single thread possible and I'm sure your not going to get a response. Obviously when you lose 3 straight, you play with more fire than when you lose 2 straight. It happens, plus I could imagine what Strahan said to the team last week. He should be coaching.

Tommy_Ribs
12-05-2011, 02:01 PM
agreed

must destroy Dallas!!!!!

Agreed it needs to be a 28-7 win.

It won't be, I think we all know that, but that is what these guys need right now.

Eli TO Shockey
12-05-2011, 02:08 PM
Agreed .

giantsforce
12-05-2011, 02:14 PM
</p>

They didn't play with passion in the first Eagles game or against the Pats?</p>3 out of 10 games is acceptable to you? So we can be great 30% of the time and mediocre 70%. Now that is what I call setting low standards!

GameTime
12-05-2011, 02:17 PM
agreed must destroy Dallas!!!!!</P>

even if the Giants wind up only 8-8 I hope the last two wins are vs the Cowpies.....</P>

</P>

giantsforce
12-05-2011, 02:19 PM

But the team responded on a short week after a bad loss, and took the undefeated world champs to the last second.

The Packers made a few more plays than we did. Give them credit they are a great team.

But we should have no shame, we did the best we could and left everything on the field.

No regrets.
I agree that this loss is not very upsetting. Deep down we all knew that the Packers had better chances of wining the game. However, what upsets me is that 3 and out we went near our goal line and that gave a them a short field for a score. I think that was one of the biggest difference in the game and the other was that we left too much time on the clock at the end. Both were coaching mistakes.

gumby742
12-05-2011, 02:26 PM
Yesterday just made it all the more clear that we have the people and the talent, just not the coaching.

YATittle1962
12-05-2011, 02:28 PM
agreed

must destroy Dallas!!!!!

It won't be, I think we all know that, but that is what these guys need right now.

I am so fired up for this Dallas game that I want to sleep until Sunday

I hope the players have some fire left after burning so much of the tank last night

barran21
12-05-2011, 02:29 PM
If Dallas had won I would have been very F N upset right now, but since we are 1 game out and we playing them this Sunday it's all good, I expect a tough game Sunday, they are home, they were embarrassed by the Cards, i expect to see them fight....

Drez
12-05-2011, 02:29 PM

No regrets.
I agree that this loss is not very upsetting. Deep down we all knew that the Packers had better chances of wining the game. However, what upsets me is that 3 and out we went near our goal line and that gave a them a short field for a score. I think that was one of the biggest difference in the game and the other was that we left too much time on the clock at the end. Both were coaching mistakes.
</P>

That was only the second 3 and out of the day. Also, we got screwed by the no call for defensive holding/PI on Shields on that drive. That first down play should have been a 40 yard completion to Nicks had Shields not been yanking all over his jersey.</P>

YATittle1962
12-05-2011, 02:31 PM
Yesterday just made it all the more clear that we have the people and the talent, just not the coaching.

I actually think there were very few coaching slip ups last night.....

I thought the screen call to a split out Ware was a horrible call both times......

I thought manning up Blackmon on anyone is a bad decision .....but there was really no choice at that point as far as personnel and Im not sure Prince would have done much better with Rodgers putting balls on a dime

I think pressuring with 3 on the Driver TD play was very foolish

other than that I think the coaches had a hell of a game

everyone likes to get on Fewell.....but when playing a team like the Packers you fall back in coverage and Rodgers has time to find an opening.....you send pressure and it leaves gaps in coverage......

there is not much you can do sometimes with the 11 that are out there.....

JMFP2
12-05-2011, 02:38 PM

The Packers made a few more plays than we did.* Give them credit they are a great team.

No regrets.

Of the 6 losses, this one was the most understandable, and the hardest-fought.

But, now, there is really no margin of error against the Cowboys. Giants need to end the losing streak. Hopefully this game showed them how close they are to the best in the NFL.

bansaw
12-05-2011, 02:45 PM
I'd just be happy having the defense make a stop when it counts...I wont go asking for wins...baby steps imo

BigBlue1971
12-05-2011, 02:48 PM
i agree. </P>

i only wish the Pack had 5 or 8 seconds left when Eli finished; however they did have 58 secs left which was enough for Rodgers.</P>

we need to win next week for sure then take it one game at a time.</P>

pino
12-05-2011, 02:54 PM
I hear what you are saying Tommy, but I must admit I'm upset that we couldn't take advantage yesterday.

That was one of the most poorly managed final minutes I have ever witnessed from the Giants.

keyofgmen
12-05-2011, 03:56 PM
agreed

must destroy Dallas!!!!!

I am so fired up for this Dallas game that I want to sleep until Sunday

I hope the players have some fire left after burning so much of the tank last night

That game was so great to watch in that stadium. Best game by far in the new digs. I am worn today, but really ready to bring on the rest of the season. Win out fellas.
I was taunting (in good humor) Cheeseheads as we walked out..."Deja Vu" 'See ya in Lambeau in January" "You know you will be worried" HAHA

gumby742
12-05-2011, 04:38 PM
Yesterday just made it all the more clear that we have the people and the talent, just not the coaching. I actually think there were very few coaching slip ups last night..... I thought the screen call to a split out Ware was a horrible call both times...... I thought manning up Blackmon on anyone is a bad decision .....but there was really no choice at that point as far as personnel and Im not sure Prince would have done much better with Rodgers putting balls on a dime I think pressuring with 3 on the Driver TD play was very foolish other than that I think the coaches had a hell of a game everyone likes to get on Fewell.....but when playing a team like the Packers you fall back in coverage and Rodgers has time to find an opening.....you send pressure and it leaves gaps in coverage...... there is not much you can do sometimes with the 11 that are out there.....</P>

My whole thing is that you stay with what works. What "the book" says you should do or what the call play flow chart dictates, I can care less. In the first half when we were agressive and knocking Rodgers on his butt, things were going relatively well. We didn't stop them completely and they burned us a bunch of times when we blitzed, but the tone of the game was set. We got an INT for our troubles. We were here to play.</P>

Then the 2nd half came around (granted i missed the 3rd period), and i started seeing 3 - 4 man rushes again. The tone of the game was decidely different imo. They got the same amount of big plays, it just hurt a lot less.</P>

I'm always going to hate KG due to his pass happy nature. I still think we tried to go deep far too many times and we should have ran the ball more - to keep the Packers offense off the field. It seemed like we tried to go toe to to, score for score with them. But then again, I'm the John Fox of fandom. If we're running for 5 yards a pop, I'd want to run it 50 more times until you can stop it since running carries inherent less risk and arguably more reward.</P>

With the injuries that we have, it's going to be difficult for any secondary/lber crewto keep up. I realize that. It's been apparent through 11 games that rushing 3-4 didn't work. Why do it again?</P>

JMGGIANTS
12-05-2011, 06:00 PM

The Packers made a few more plays than we did.* Give them credit they are a great team.

No regrets.

Okay but I am upset about another 2nd half collapse which includes yesterdays game.