PDA

View Full Version : what is it about Giants fans and the Refs?

burier
12-05-2011, 10:51 AM
I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base.

What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson?

I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.

GameTime
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM
I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base. What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson? I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.</P>

they were BS calls on both sides. I thought that TD thatPrince defended was bull**** call. Deffinitely no positive possession on that. That in IMO was a blown call. </P>

I bet every teams has fans who rank on the refs....I have no doubt in that....</P>

jhamburg
12-05-2011, 10:56 AM
I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base.

What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson?

Right now the NFL is very protective of quarterbacks and very protective of heads. So if you hit a quarterback's head, you can bet you're going to get called every single time. It is a lame incidental call but it's consistent so no one should be complaining about it, maybe complain about the rule instead.

Dwinsballgames
12-05-2011, 10:57 AM
I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base. What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson? I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.</P>

What makes you think our fanbase is worse than any other team's? I would imagine that it's probably pretty much the same everywhere.</P>

RonJon
12-05-2011, 10:59 AM
Bad calls on both sides. Giants got away with one at the end of the half on the missed FG by Crosby as JPP was lined up in the nuetral zone and wasn't called. Bottom line is the defense didn't make a play when they absolutely needed to and thats why we lost.

burier
12-05-2011, 11:01 AM

they were BS calls on both sides. I thought that TD that*Prince defended was bull**** call. Deffinitely no positive possession on that. That in IMO was a blown call. </P>

I bet every teams has fans who rank on the refs....I have no doubt in that....</P>

Honestlly I don't think that TD was a blown call. There's an angle where the ball moves to the left hand and is controlled.

Anyway we got beat on that play so crying about that play is against my football sensabilities as if it wasn't called a TD it would feel a bit cheap.

(Kinda like that Cruz play against the Cards..If I'm a cards fan Im not gonna whine because the refs didn't get involved and throw me a bone when I didn't do a damn thing to make a play)

I'm sure every team has fans who hate refs..NFL refs are quite bad but its like with us if the ref gets one call wrong they get blamed for a loss..even if like you said they blew calls on both sides.

burier
12-05-2011, 11:06 AM

Right now the NFL is very protective of quarterbacks and very protective of heads. So if you hit a quarterback's head, you can bet you're going to get called every single time. It is a lame incidental call but it's consistent so no one should be complaining about it, maybe complain about the rule instead.

I do hate the rule, however from my perspective if you look at that play from the front angle it appears to me that Woodson's right forearm actually hits Eli in the chest not the face or head.

His left had appears graze the top of Eli's helmet but I don't believe that sort of contact is consistently called. I don't agree with the rule but I don't agree with the application of this rule in this case.

jints10
12-05-2011, 11:08 AM
I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base. What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson? I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.</p>

they were BS calls on both sides. I thought that TD thatPrince defended was bull**** call. Deffinitely no positive possession on that. That in IMO was a blown call. </p>

I bet every teams has fans who rank on the refs....I have no doubt in that....</p>

Honestlly I don't think that TD was a blown call. There's an angle where the ball moves to the left hand and is controlled.

Anyway we got beat on that play so crying about that play is against my football sensabilities as if it wasn't called a TD it would feel a bit cheap.

(Kinda like that Cruz play against the Cards..If I'm a cards fan Im not gonna whine because the refs didn't get involved and throw me a bone when I didn't do a damn thing to make a play)

I'm sure every team has fans who hate refs..NFL refs are quite bad but its like with us if the ref gets one call wrong they get blamed for a loss..even if like you said they blew calls on both sides.
He did not have possession all the way through (the way the rule is written). The Driver TD was bad cuz his foot hit the back of the endzone touch line. Thats 14 pts! How bout that PI?

Raptor22
12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
Considering Troy Aikman, Greeny, and Golic, as well as Packers fans themselves were questioning the officials' calls, I'd say they were pretty bad.

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 11:09 AM
It's everywhere, are you apart of metaphysics where you are in more than 1 place at 1 time? How do you know other fans don't complain as much as we do?

TuckYou
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
I never really blame a loss on some bad calls, but these calls were hard to swallow. </P>

I am 100% sure there was CLEAR EVIDENCE that Jennings TD was being bobbled the entire time. He never had posession. Prince knocked it out while he was trying to gain control. That was 3rd down, so it was a 4 point swing as they would of kicked the FG. How can that be a TD when a play like CAlvin Johnson's catch was not. He had clear control and fell down, pushed himself up with the ball and letting go of it. Jennings NEVER HAD THE BALL CONTROLLED IN HIS HANDS!</P>

As for the rest, the J-Will "illegal contact" was a complete BS call, as this happens EVERY PLAY OF EVERY GAME. And that was a 3rd down sack, and we were down 4 at the time. Would of got the ball with momentum. Packers wound up scoring a TD.</P>

There were several other close calls that all went the Packs way, Ballards non TD call (Thought he got his knee down in bounds), Drivers catch on the sidelines on 3rd down... ect. But those are 50-50 calls. But they all went the Packers way. </P>

With all that though, all the D had to do was slow Rodgers in that final drive. They couldnt do it,</P>

GameTime
12-05-2011, 11:27 AM

they were BS calls on both sides. I thought that TD thatPrince defended was bull**** call. Deffinitely no positive possession on that. That in IMO was a blown call. </P>

Honestlly I don't think that TD was a blown call. There's an angle where the ball moves to the left hand and is controlled. Anyway we got beat on that play so crying about that play is against my football sensabilities as if it wasn't called a TD it would feel a bit cheap. (Kinda like that Cruz play against the Cards..If I'm a cards fan Im not gonna whine because the refs didn't get involved and throw me a bone when I didn't do a damn thing to make a play) I'm sure every team has fans who hate refs..NFL refs are quite bad but its like with us if the ref gets one call wrong they get blamed for a loss..even if like you said they blew calls on both sides.
He did not have possession all the way through (the way the rule is written). The Driver TD was bad cuz his foot hit the back of the endzone touch line. Thats 14 pts! How bout that PI?
</P>

They never showed a good angle of his foot on the back line. Unless you saw something different. From the veiws they showed there is no way you could tell that for sure.</P>

</P>

dezzzR
12-05-2011, 11:27 AM
I think our fan base complains about the refs and attributes losses to the refs more than any other fan base. What are you complaning about..The illegal contact call? Fine bad call but who was crying foul when the refs call that very ticky tack personal foul on Woodson? I hate NFL refs but we got beat plain and simple.</p>

they were BS calls on both sides. I thought that TD thatPrince defended was bull**** call. Deffinitely no positive possession on that. That in IMO was a blown call. </p>

I bet every teams has fans who rank on the refs....I have no doubt in that....</p>that and the pass interference on williams towards the end of the 4th was bs. both calls crippled us imo.

GameTime
12-05-2011, 11:28 AM

Honestlly I don't think that TD was a blown call. There's an angle where the ball moves to the left hand and is controlled. Anyway we got beat on that play so crying about that play is against my football sensabilities as if it wasn't called a TD it would feel a bit cheap. (Kinda like that Cruz play against the Cards..If I'm a cards fan Im not gonna whine because the refs didn't get involved and throw me a bone when I didn't do a damn thing to make a play) I'm sure every team has fans who hate refs..NFL refs are quite bad but its like with us if the ref gets one call wrong they get blamed for a loss..even if like you said they blew calls on both sides.</P>

the good and bad calls to even out over the course of the season. But vs a team that is so good the last thing they need are breaks with calls. But it is what it is. The Giants are now 6-6 and its not because of bad calls by the refs....</P>

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 11:29 AM
I never really blame a loss on some bad calls, but these calls were hard to swallow. </p>

I am 100% sure there was CLEAR EVIDENCE that Jennings TD was being bobbled the entire time. He never had posession. Prince knocked it out while he was trying to gain control. That was 3rd down, so it was a 4 point swing as they would of kicked the FG. How can that be a TD when a play like CAlvin Johnson's catch was not. He had clear control and fell down, pushed himself up with the ball and letting go of it. Jennings NEVER HAD THE BALL CONTROLLED IN HIS HANDS!</p>

As for the rest, the J-Will "illegal contact" was a complete BS call, as this happens EVERY PLAY OF EVERY GAME. And that was a 3rd down sack, and we were down 4 at the time. Would of got the ball with momentum. Packers wound up scoring a TD.</p>

There were several other close calls that all went the Packs way, Ballards non TD call (Thought he got his knee down in bounds), Drivers catch on the sidelines on 3rd down... ect. But those are 50-50 calls. But they all went the Packers way. </p>

With all that though, all the D had to do was slow Rodgers in that final drive. They couldnt do it,</p>

Agree, but how can you say "all the D had to do was slow rodgers in the final drive"?

You realize that the J-will illegal contact was complete BS and it would have been 4th and long I think if we werent penalized for that?

Yeah we would have gotten the ball, it's pathetic it really is, that call was complete BS, this is football, not soccer