PDA

View Full Version : Sometimes all it takes is a 4th consecutive loss to make everything seem OK

jhamburg
12-05-2011, 10:53 AM
Just kidding...but yea it is kind of ironic that everyone was talking collapse last week, now we lose another game and everyone is talking playoffs. I understand why, but it's still funny to me. Strange being an NFL fan sometimes.

Rusty192
12-05-2011, 10:57 AM
Perhaps because our Giants played with heart.

Something we haven't seen in a while. It gives you hope.

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 11:16 AM
Sometimes I wonder if any of you actually watched the game. They played with heart, if they continue to do so, they could win out the 4 games, or at least 3. If we can play up to the packers, we can play down to anyone

Manning2Niks
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
LOL @ the thread title. Hahaha, I love it. I know what yet saying though. I def feel better after this than I did after Philadelphia and new Orleans. The passions back babies! Lets just hope it's not a one week thing. . .

GMENAGAIN
12-05-2011, 11:20 AM

</P>

You mean since the 49er game . . . all of two games ago . . . . </P>

GiantWarfare
12-05-2011, 11:39 AM
Wins are always important and they mean everything, but sometimes the way a team plays in a win or loss tells you more about the team than the actual W/L stat itself...

Yesterday was one of those games

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 11:51 AM

</p>

You mean since the 49er game . . . all of two games ago . . . . </p>

4 games...

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 11:51 AM

</p>

4 games...

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 11:54 AM
Sometimes I wonder if any of you actually watched the game. They played with heart, if they continue to do so, they could win out the 4 games, or at least 3. If we can play up to the packers, we can play down to anyone

But aren't you supposed to play with heart every game?

MikeIsaGiant
12-05-2011, 11:55 AM

But aren't you supposed to play with heart every game?

Yeah sure, maybe their hearts were broken for some of the games.

gumby742
12-05-2011, 12:45 PM

</P>

</P>

I've seen solid effort from our defense a total of 3 times this season - the Pats game, 1st Eagles game, this game, and the 49ers game.4 out of 12 games? Very poor and not acceptable.</P>

burier
12-05-2011, 01:06 PM

</P>

</P>

I've seen solid effort from our defense a total of 3 times this season - the Pats game, 1st Eagles game, this game, and the 49ers game.**4 out of 12* games?* Very poor and not acceptable.</P>

I actually thought the D was quite bad in San Fran and made Alex Smith look like steve young and once again put it on Eli to try to win the game.

I'll agree as far as effort on the other games.

Mr Excitement
12-05-2011, 01:15 PM

</p>

</p>

I've seen solid effort from our defense a total of 3 times this season - the Pats game, 1st Eagles game, this game, and the 49ers game.4 out of 12 games? Very poor and not acceptable.</p>

I actually thought the D was quite bad in San Fran and made Alex Smith look like steve young and once again put it on Eli to try to win the game.

I'll agree as far as effort on the other games.

Has the D shut down any QB this year?...Seriously?

BigBlue187
12-05-2011, 01:17 PM
I think people are overlooking the great job we did on offense, because of the improvement on D from the Saints game. We had a lot of big plays, yeah I know the Pack are one of the worst pass defenses in the league but I've been disappointed with the Giants ability to put up points against lower ranked D's especially in the past few weeks (10 against Philly, 10 and lets be honest a couple garbage time tds against NO) We need to keep it up and take the opportunities to extend leads, we were up 3 and had a chance last night but Eli threw that pick six.

Kruunch
12-05-2011, 01:18 PM
Just kidding...but yea it is kind of ironic that everyone was talking collapse last week, now we lose another game and everyone is talking playoffs. I understand why, but it's still funny to me. Strange being an NFL fan sometimes.

That's ok ... I'm sure we'll beat Dallas 9-6 next week in a really boring and poorly played game and everyone will say we're totally done.

Being fickle is not only for politicians!

gumby742
12-05-2011, 02:25 PM

</P>

</P>

I've seen solid effort from our defense a total of 3 times this season - the Pats game, 1st Eagles game, this game, and the 49ers game.4 out of 12 games? Very poor and not acceptable.</P>

I actually thought the D was quite bad in San Fran and made Alex Smith look like steve young and once again put it on Eli to try to win the game. I'll agree as far as effort on the other games.</P>

When is it not about Eli for you? Seriously. They need to make an Eli forum jsut for yourself and a few others. The defense overall played well and played hard - regardless of what happened in the last couple minutes.</P>

When I assess the offense or defenses play, i don't take just the last x minutes.</P>