PDA

View Full Version : Nice to See Nicks Getting More Involved

BigBlue9280
12-05-2011, 11:18 AM
Not that I, in any way, have something against Victor Cruz because he is a beastly number 2 receiver on this team. However, it seems like number 88 almost gets phased out of the gameplan during the season. I know he's 14th in the league in receiving yards, but he really could be getting the ball a lot more. Last season, had it not been for injuries, he would have been a lock for the Pro Bowl. Just watching this game, against a top corner in Charles Woodson, Nicks can flat out get open -- even if he's covered. Anyone else think he has been under-utilized at times this year?

qndarius3
12-05-2011, 11:23 AM
88 is a stud. He has been banged up, but he is a stud. Cruz is benefiting from a lot of the double teams the hak is seeing as well...

RonJon
12-05-2011, 11:29 AM
How bout Travis Beckum finally making a play after 3 years of sleepwalking!

YATittle1962
12-05-2011, 11:29 AM
teams have been blanketing Nicks

thats why Cruz has been having the season he is having

on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time

its quite rare these days

GiantWarfare
12-05-2011, 11:40 AM

on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time

they thought they could take their chances w/ single coverage cause they had Woodson, and well, that didnt work out for them...

RoanokeFan
12-05-2011, 11:42 AM
Not that I, in any way, have something against Victor Cruz because he is a beastly number 2 receiver on this team. However, it seems like number 88 almost gets phased out of the gameplan during the season. I know he's 14th in the league in receiving yards, but he really could be getting the ball a lot more. Last season, had it not been for injuries, he would have been a lock for the Pro Bowl. Just watching this game, against a top corner in Charles Woodson, Nicks can flat out get open -- even if he's covered. Anyone else think he has been under-utilized at times this year?

Nicks being double covered has a lot to do with Cruz's early successes. I am a huge fan of Victor Cruz and he's coming into his own. Nicks and Cruz are going to cause defenses headaches moving forward.

Redeyejedi
12-05-2011, 11:52 AM
88 is a stud. He has been banged up, but he is a stud. Cruz is benefiting from a lot of the double teams the hak is seeing as well...
Yeah is bracketed a lot.When he is 1 on1 Eli throws him the ball

Redeyejedi
12-05-2011, 11:56 AM
teams have been blanketing Nicks thats why Cruz has been having the season he is having on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time its quite rare these days+1 he isnt a tall receiver but he is a big receiver.He is very strong and physical and will out muscle players in 1 on 1 situations .</P>

How about Jordy Nelson he was a guy I talked about targeting in FA before the season..The Packers wisely re-upped him at the start of the year.That guy has ripped us the last 2 years</P>

GiantWarfare
12-05-2011, 12:01 PM
teams have been blanketing Nicks thats why Cruz has been having the season he is having on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time its quite rare these days+1 he isnt a tall receiver but he is a big receiver.He is very strong and physical and will out muscle players in 1 on 1 situations .</p>

How about Jordy Nelson he was a guy I talked about targeting in FA before the season..The Packers wisely re-upped him at the start of the year.That guy has ripped us the last 2 years</p>

Nelson is a STUD. I think he's GB's 2nd best receiver after Jennings, over Driver, Finley etc.

burier
12-05-2011, 12:10 PM

No doubt. He'll throw it to Nicks if he's one one every time he just never is.

That said if Nicks wants to make the leap to the upper echelon he's got come down with a few of these balls in double coverage when he gets a shot.

GiantWarfare
12-05-2011, 12:19 PM

That said if Nicks wants to make the leap to the upper echelon he's got come down with a few of these balls in double coverage when he gets a shot.

He shoulda held on to the ball he had in double coverage when Tramon Williams knocked it loose...but I'm not gonna nitpick, Nicks had a great game yesterday...

Our current receiving corps IMO is much better than its ever been...much more explosive, much more dangerous.

Who would a secondary fear more?

Nicks, Smith, Ham, Boss, &amp; potential in Beckum?

OR

Nicks, Cruz, Ham, a now resurgent Barden, Mark Bava....I mean Jake Ballard, &amp; potential in Beckum?

burier
12-05-2011, 12:22 PM

He shoulda held on to the ball he had in double coverage when Tramon Williams knocked it loose...but I'm not gonna nitpick, Nicks had a great game yesterday...

Our current receiving corps IMO is much better than its ever been...much more explosive, much more dangerous.

Nicks, Smith, Ham, Boss, & potential in Beckum?

OR

Nicks, Cruz, Ham, a now resurgent Barden, Mark Bava....I mean Jake Ballard, & potential in Beckum?

I like our guys right now...I think calling Barden resurgent is a bit over the top. And Beckum made one play so I'm not gonna jump up and down. Eli finds him deep down the field once a year and you never hear from him again.

GiantWarfare
12-05-2011, 12:34 PM

Nicks, Smith, Ham, Boss, &amp; potential in Beckum?

OR

Nicks, Cruz, Ham, a now resurgent Barden, Mark Bava....I mean Jake Ballard, &amp; potential in Beckum?

I like our guys right now...I think calling Barden resurgent is a bit over the top. And Beckum made one play so I'm not gonna jump up and down. Eli finds him deep down the field once a year and you never hear from him again.

lol hence the potential in Beckum in both scenarios.

Though I do think Barden is much more comfortable now in the offense than he was prior and is just starting to "get it"

BigBlue9280
12-05-2011, 01:36 PM
I am honestly shocked as to how good Victor Cruz has been this season. We all saw the preseason game against the Jets last year where he was pretty incredible. We have seen it all year now, and to think how much better his numbers would be if Manningham hadn't been the other starter for most of the season. He is making EVERYONE forget about Steve Smith's production as a Giant. Now the name Steve Smith will be synonymous with traitor, rather than a very productive receiver. Still though, as talented as Cruz is... 88 is still the man behind the curtain allowing Eli and Cruz to operate so effectively. He is a beast that needs to be fed the ball by any means. Even if it's a short bubble screen, he can still take it to the house with his power and YAC ability. Nicks FTW!

hungrrrry
12-05-2011, 02:07 PM
Not that I, in any way, have something against Victor Cruz because he is a beastly number 2 receiver on this team. However, it seems like number 88 almost gets phased out of the gameplan during the season. I know he's 14th in the league in receiving yards, but he really could be getting the ball a lot more. Last season, had it not been for injuries, he would have been a lock for the Pro Bowl. Just watching this game, against a top corner in Charles Woodson, Nicks can flat out get open -- even if he's covered. Anyone else think he has been under-utilized at times this year?Nicks is getting more action now that Cruz is being seen as an elite threat which takes the dbl coverage away from nicks...teams are now respecting our #1 and #2 which will make it better for us offensively and our TE Ballard and Pascoe should have more production towards the end of the season and into the playoffs...this will help our screens and even help our run game....this is all working in reverse...but it is working.

dezzzR
12-05-2011, 02:23 PM

on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....<u>Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time

its quite rare these days</u>even woodson likes it[:)]
http://www.vintoniowa.org/images/pics/woodson_681ae0.jpg

dezzzR
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM

on both of Nicks TDs he was manned up.....<u>Eli will take Nicks in man coverage every time

its quite rare these days</u>even woodson likes it[:)]
http://www.vintoniowa.org/images/pics/woodson_681ae0.jpg

YATittle1962
12-05-2011, 02:24 PM

like that one in the endzone last night that he had both hands on.....

the defender made a great play....and its tough with 2 guys on yr back

but if Nicks starts coming down with balls like that over 2 defenders you will start to hear him mentioned with the Johnsons of the world